Football
Sponsored by

CMR was not a Mistake

129,300 Views | 790 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GoldMind
BaylorRocks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasScientist said:

zunooreo said:

4 - 4

Outlook: 2 - 2

11/3 Oklahoma State @ Home
Baylor - W The Mullet continues a disastrous BigXII season

11/10 @ Iowa State
Baylor - L OKSt momentum neutralized

11/17 TCU @ Home
Baylor - W Environment like the Super Bowl

11/24 Texas Tech @ Jerry's World
Baylor - L Sad blow out loss after thinking they've made the turn
58-14 is not a mistake.
Wow, your entire world must rise and fall with the daily weather. I feel sorry for you.
BaylorRocks
zunooreo said:

4 - 4

Outlook: 2 - 2

11/3 Oklahoma State @ Home
Baylor - W The Mullet continues a disastrous BigXII season

11/10 @ Iowa State
Baylor - L OKSt momentum neutralized

11/17 TCU @ Home
Baylor - W Environment like the Super Bowl

11/24 Texas Tech @ Jerry's World
Baylor - L Sad blow out loss after thinking they've made the turn
BaylorRocks
zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

This is going to be a really short thread. I know of only 2-3 posters that called for his firing after the first season. Many of us were unhappy and felt he underachieved, but recognized the man deserves at least 3 seasons to instill his system and try and turn it around.
7,000 reads and 200 posts later........

LOL

48K 667
BaylorRocks
Dia del DougO said:

I would like to stay on record that I am not calling for Rhule's firing.

At the end of this season I will reassess.
BaylorRocks
5 - 4 after Saturday

StatMan
5 wins in 15 football games at Baylor for Matt Rhule. A .333 winning %. His coaching style is a work in progress.
GoldenBear007
Would love for Rhule to finally get a P5 win outside the state of Kansas today. I think we all agree that OSU and TCU are our two big shots to get us to six wins. Need to make it happen today at HOCO
cowboycwr
GoldenBear007 said:

Would love for Rhule to finally get a P5 win outside the state of Kansas today. I think we all agree that OSU and TCU are our two big shots to get us to six wins. Need to make it happen today at HOCO

??? Rhule has a win in TX over a P5 team.

Unless you are trying to say P5 win besides the Kansas schools.
GoldenBear007
cowboycwr said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Oh sorry, yeah that's what I meaning
cowboycwr
GoldenBear007 said:

cowboycwr said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Oh sorry, yeah that's what I meaning

That's what I thought but wanted to be sure.
BaylorRocks
zunooreo said:

5 - 4 after Saturday

BrooksBearLives
CorsicanaBear said:

Briles I no longer care about, he's gone.

Unless CMR can go 6-6 this season he is Steele 2.0, or Beall 3.0 and should be shown the door.

You have to admit 1-11 and a loss to Liberty is one hell of a calling card and certainly ought to make us feel confident.

Are you guys still down with the process if we go 3-9? 2-10? I mean the percentage improvements would be huge.

This aged nicely.
BaylorRocks
zunooreo said:

zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

This is going to be a really short thread. I know of only 2-3 posters that called for his firing after the first season. Many of us were unhappy and felt he underachieved, but recognized the man deserves at least 3 seasons to instill his system and try and turn it around.

46K 656
49K 677
BaylorRocks
BrooksBearLives said:

CorsicanaBear said:

Unless CMR can go 6-6 this season he is Steele 2.0, or Beall 3.0 and should be shown the door.

You have to admit 1-11 and a loss to Liberty is one hell of a calling card and certainly ought to make us feel confident.

Are you guys still down with the process if we go 3-9? 2-10? I mean the percentage improvements would be huge.

This aged nicely.
Of course. Some imbecile posters, like Mothra, just keep giving and giving over time. Its too entertaining to let stop.

Thank you!
BaylorRocks
zunooreo said:

BrooksBearLives said:

CorsicanaBear said:

This aged nicely.
Of course. Some imbecile posters, like Mothra, just keep giving and giving over time. Its too entertaining to let stop.

Thank you!
Mothra.....imbecile.
BaylorRocks
CMR was not a Mistake

Book it Danno........
BaylorRocks
5 - 5
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
It depends on what you want. Today was embarrassing. Lack of coaching and leadership.

Enjoy it if thats the your goal.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
BaylorRocks
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

It depends on what you want. Today was embarrassing. Lack of coaching and leadership.

"Embarrassing"? "Lack of leadership"? You're simply a hater. Enjoy this site then, if that's YOUR goal.
BaylorRocks
zunooreo said:

"Embarrassing"? "Lack of leadership"? You're simply a hater. Enjoy this site then, if that's YOUR goal.
BaylorRocks
2017: 1 - 11
2018: 5 - 7
2019: 9 - 3
2020: 12 - 0

Any questions ?
PartyBear
zunooreo said:

Any questions ?

I hate to break it to you but we aren't making a coaching change after 18.
TexasScientist
zunooreo said:

Any questions ?
Yeah, what happened to your bowl projection for 2018? 5-7 won't get it. He better revamp his offense to get to 9-3 next year.
Elgolfdog
cowboycwr...your head must be a mile deep buried in the sand. It's idiots like you that give credence to the wave of people that wanted to burn this program and culture to the ground. You truly should have received the Death Penalty, just like SMU.
Bear8084
Elgolfdog said:

cowboycwr...your head must be a mile deep buried in the sand. It's idiots like you that give credence to the wave of people that wanted to burn this program and culture to the ground. You truly should have received the Death Penalty, just like SMU.

Faux outrage.
Kite23
zunooreo said:

Thread especially designed for those posters, err college football experts, who continue to endlessly call for CMR's firing after 1 season. No more need to work at diverting other Football threads/topics to your "Jersey" agenda. All of you can simply live here in one place, complain, beech, and bestow football expertise in unison, love on each other, and bask in your ability to lead this program to 11 win seasons, forever if you want to.

Consider this your very own, shiny brand new, open play field and courtroom. You're welcome, and enjoy!

Cheers,

thread starter requested thread title change
one season????? Was the first a mulligan? the freaking idiot couldn't win one ****ING game aside from Kansas.We paid him ****ing 3 million to just sit on the sidelines. And on top of that the ****ing idiot had the balls to sit in for an interview at other jobs.
“We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book.”

-Barrack Obama
cowboycwr
Elgolfdog said:

Lol. Yeah ok. Meanwhile back in reality...

1-11

RegentCoverup

I love how people talk about other people playing football as if it's something to which they contribute.

I'm as enthused as the next person, and I certainly want to see my team win, but saying it's "My goal," would be, well, weird.

You suiting up on Saturday?
Oldbear83
Baylor has had 27 head coaches, 17 who played in a conference. Of those:

Rhule is 13th out of 17 in # of conference wins and conference win %
Rhule is tied for 16th in total wins as a Baylor coach
Rhule is 23rd out of 27 for overall winning %.

He might get better, but this is not an impressive start.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RegentCoverup
Oldbear83 said:

That's some friggin penetrating analysis there, bro.

So what your saying is he DIDNT win games?

You don't say.

You think his recruiting efforts are worth any praise? You have any idea what people are saying about Baylor on road games ? Recruiting trips?

If you're going to blow smoke about firing him, come up with a replacement. Were all pretty aware of the record.
Oldbear83
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

Oldbear83 said:

That's some friggin penetrating analysis there, bro.

So what your saying is he DIDNT win games?

You don't say.

You think his recruiting efforts are worth any praise? You have any idea what people are saying about Baylor on road games ? Recruiting trips?

If you're going to blow smoke about firing him, come up with a replacement. Were all pretty aware of the record.
Rhule is twenty-third out of twenty-seven head coaches at Baylor for winning %.

I didn't say a word about firing him, I just posted his level of accomplishment.

You can continue to ignore it, you can make excuses for it, you can - correctly - point out that he's improved, but going after me for pointing it out does not make me wrong, does not make you right, and it absolutely does not help the program.

BrooksBearLives
He's two seasons in.

What the **** is wrong with you people?
BaylorRocks
Kite23 said:

zunooreo said:

Thread especially designed for those posters, err college football experts, who continue to endlessly call for CMR's firing after 1 season. No more need to work at diverting other Football threads/topics to your "Jersey" agenda. All of you can simply live here in one place, complain, beech, and bestow football expertise in unison, love on each other, and bask in your ability to lead this program to 11 win seasons, forever if you want to.

Consider this your very own, shiny brand new, open play field and courtroom. You're welcome, and enjoy!

Cheers,

thread starter requested thread title change
one season????? Was the first a mulligan? the freaking idiot couldn't win one ****ING game aside from Kansas.We paid him ****ing 3 million to just sit on the sidelines. And on top of that the ****ing idiot had the balls to sit in for an interview at other jobs.
Ok, cool. Sic'em
Oldbear83
BrooksBearLives said:

He's two seasons in.

What the **** is wrong with you people?
1-11 in 2017

Losses that should not have been, to Duke and TCU, and embarrassing results against OU, West Virginia, and Iowa State in 2018.

Bears had the talent to go 4-8 last year and be 7-4 right now. It's reasonable to be unhappy with the actual results.
BrooksBearLives
I don't think this line of reasoning is going to hold up in the long run. But feel free to hold onto it and not realize how ****ing stupid you look.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.