Football
Sponsored by

CMR was not a Mistake

129,848 Views | 790 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by GoldMind
EasyE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crash Davis said:

Reverend said:

Crash Davis said:

Jay Square said:

My theory is that Rhule had success at Temple the same way Dennis Franchione had success at TCU and Dan Hawkins had success at Boise State. Franchione success was because of Gary Patterson and Hawkins success was because of Chris Peterson. If I'm correct we maybe hired the wrong person from Temple and could have hired the right person for half the money. Watching Rhule last year he looked like he did not know what to do.
I don't think you thought this one through, bud.
Lol. It may be you who needs to think this one through.
I'm open to that possibility. Help me out. If Rhule is Franchione, who is his Gary Patterson? If he is Dan Hawkins, who is his Chris Petersen?

For the millionth time, Joey McGuire.
TexasScientist
Timbear said:

No Frisco, Teaff came in after 3 wins in 3 years. Briles came in after about 3 wins in 15 years. (Joke) Rhule came in after great success.
Right now we're back on track before Teaff with 1 win in 1 year.
Ludwig von Missi
EasyE said:

Crash Davis said:

Reverend said:

Crash Davis said:

Jay Square said:

My theory is that Rhule had success at Temple the same way Dennis Franchione had success at TCU and Dan Hawkins had success at Boise State. Franchione success was because of Gary Patterson and Hawkins success was because of Chris Peterson. If I'm correct we maybe hired the wrong person from Temple and could have hired the right person for half the money. Watching Rhule last year he looked like he did not know what to do.
I don't think you thought this one through, bud.
Lol. It may be you who needs to think this one through.
I'm open to that possibility. Help me out. If Rhule is Franchione, who is his Gary Patterson? If he is Dan Hawkins, who is his Chris Petersen?

For the millionth time, Joey McGuire.
That...doesn't make any sense.
ColomboLQ
Friscobear said:

ColomboLQ said:

ShooterTX said:

ColomboLQ said:

ShooterTX said:

In case you missed it...

All the Matt Rhule supporters have weeks worth of jerking off material here.

That's pretty nasty. It also explains alot about your views on sports. But I guess a CAB truther would think in those ways.

BTW, I'm not as much a Rhule supporter, as I am a Baylor fan. It's kinda natural to support your coach, when you love your school.

Just so you know, it's people like you that kept Kevin Steele here as a head coach for too many years. Congrats.

...and people like you would have fired Teaff and Briles after their first year.
Uh, no. That's a stupid statement. The improvement with Briles was pretty immediate when he took over.
Friscobear
ColomboLQ said:

Friscobear said:

ColomboLQ said:

ShooterTX said:

ColomboLQ said:

ShooterTX said:

In case you missed it...

That's pretty nasty. It also explains alot about your views on sports. But I guess a CAB truther would think in those ways.

BTW, I'm not as much a Rhule supporter, as I am a Baylor fan. It's kinda natural to support your coach, when you love your school.

Just so you know, it's people like you that kept Kevin Steele here as a head coach for too many years. Congrats.

...and people like you would have fired Teaff and Briles after their first year.
Uh, no. That's a stupid statement. The improvement with Briles was pretty immediate when he took over.

You're right. It was stupid statement.

Just as stupid as yours that I was replying to.
“At the end of the day, for 40 minutes, we just kicked their ass.”

- Mark Vital
BaylorRocks
D. C. Bear said:

TexasScientist said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

Jay Square said:

This is based on one season at Baylor?
Sometimes, one is enough.

This is not one of those cases.
BaylorRocks
Mothra said:

This is going to be a really short thread. I know of only 2-3 posters that called for his firing after the first season. Many of us were unhappy and felt he underachieved, but recognized the man deserves at least 3 seasons to instill his system and try and turn it around.
17K 356
Mothra
zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

This is going to be a really short thread. I know of only 2-3 posters that called for his firing after the first season. Many of us were unhappy and felt he underachieved, but recognized the man deserves at least 3 seasons to instill his system and try and turn it around.
17K 356
Is it Napoleon syndrome, or some sort of inferiority complex you suffer from?
RioRata
ColomboLQ said:

Friscobear said:

ColomboLQ said:

ShooterTX said:

ColomboLQ said:

ShooterTX said:

In case you missed it...

As was the improvement in Teaff's first season.
TexasScientist
RioRata said:

ColomboLQ said:

Friscobear said:

ColomboLQ said:

ShooterTX said:

ColomboLQ said:

ShooterTX said:

In case you missed it...

As was the improvement in Teaff's first season.
Teaff was a fairly decent recruiter and motivator. He was hard headed, terrible at play selection and in game coaching decisions. That's why he was just over 50% W and couldn't win the big games. His wins, usually were'nt a pretty picture.
BaylorRocks
ShooterTX said:

In case you missed it...

RioRata
zunooreo said:

ShooterTX said:

In case you missed it...

Jon Gruden:

Head coaching record
Regular season:
95-81 (.540)
Postseason:
5-4 (.556)
Career:
100-85 (.541)
TexasScientist
RioRata said:

zunooreo said:

ShooterTX said:

In case you missed it...

Jon Gruden:

Head coaching record
Regular season:
95-81 (.540)
Postseason:
5-4 (.556)
Career:
100-85 (.541)
Grant Teaff
Baylor 21 Years
239 Games
128 Wins
105 Losses
6. Ties

Matt Rhule
Temple 4 years
51 Games
28 Wins
23 Losses
0. Ties

Is Rhule another Teaff??
D. C. Bear
TexasScientist said:

RioRata said:

zunooreo said:

ShooterTX said:

In case you missed it...

Jon Gruden:

Head coaching record
Regular season:
95-81 (.540)
Postseason:
5-4 (.556)
Career:
100-85 (.541)
Grant Teaff
Baylor 21 Years
239 Games
128 Wins
105 Losses
6. Ties

Matt Rhule
Temple 4 years
51 Games
28 Wins
23 Losses
0. Ties

Is Rhule another Teaff??

Rhule probably not as good as Teaff, and I think Rhule will have a good deal of success. It takes a special coach to compete, as Teaff did, with far fewer resources than his competition. Rhule is on a much more level playing field.
drahthaar
is Rhoades a mistake?
bunation
BeerThief said:

They can also tell us why briles and shillinglaw dropped their lawsuits while theyre at it. Since theyre innocent and whatnot.

NO ONE ASSOCIATED WITH MANAGING A MAJOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS COMPLETELY SQUEAKY-CLEAN.

Briles was about as "clean" as you could find. He just had the audacity to win at Baptist Baylor.

Three reasons why he may have dropped the suit:

1. (most likely) Apprehensive (this type of long, drawn out case would drag he, his family, the university he came to love, the assistant coaches he hired, and the student athletes he recruited, coached, mentored & cared for through the mud. Only more horrific attention/PR would be focused on all of these people and Baylor University). [EDIT: And, he really doesn't need the money.]

2. Poor Advice.

3. Didn't want the public to see any of his Dirty Laundry. (again, like at EVERY OTHER major college football program! - but, most assuredly far less than most!!)

The "proof is in the pudding." NOT ONE SINGLE CRIMINAL CONVICTION OF A PLAYER WHO PLAYED FOR BRILES HAS OCCURRED SINCE BRILES' FIRING.

NOT ONE.

And, Baylor's football program is ranked 48th among major college, D1 programs in player arrests..............
xiledinok
bunation said:

BeerThief said:

They can also tell us why briles and shillinglaw dropped their lawsuits while theyre at it. Since theyre innocent and whatnot.

NO ONE ASSOCIATED WITH MANAGING A MAJOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS COMPLETELY SQUEAKY-CLEAN.

Briles was about as "clean" as you could find. He just had the audacity to win at Baptist Baylor.

Three reasons why he may have dropped the suit:

1. (most likely) Apprehensive (this type of long, drawn out case would drag he, his family, the university he came to love, the assistant coaches he hired, and the student athletes he recruited, coached, mentored & cared for through the mud. Only more horrific attention/PR would be focused on all of these people and Baylor University). [EDIT: And, he really doesn't need the money.]

2. Poor Advice.

3. Didn't want the public to see any of his Dirty Laundry. (again, like at EVERY OTHER major college football program! - but, most assuredly far less than most!!)

The "proof is in the pudding." NOT ONE SINGLE CRIMINAL CONVICTION OF A PLAYER WHO PLAYED FOR BRILES HAS OCCURRED SINCE BRILES' FIRING.

NOT ONE.

And, Baylor's football program is ranked 48th among major college, D1 programs in player arrests..............

They didn't convict O.J. A little common sense and a better approach than "no convictions" might have been more effective than career suicide.
It's keeping that trash from blowing out in public that is most important. We were one of the worst programs all time at controlling issues.
Shill and Art sued and threw in the towel faster than Leon Spinks.
Now, you guys' approach has almost the same curb appeal as a 1979 Chevy Chevette.
Gust Avrakotos
It's great that John Gruden has a bat phone to Jersey.

When will that translate into wins for Baylor football?

DC tells us that @ 1-11 the defensive installation process is right on schedule.

I'm so confused.
D. C. Bear
Gust Avrakotos said:

DC tells us that @ 1-11 the defensive installation process is right on schedule.

I'm so confused.

That is because you are an idiot and an Aggie, but I repeat myself.
xiledinok
Gust Avrakotos said:

I'm so confused.

Rhule took over a plane crash with mad angry survivors. After burying a few, a few survivors couldn't the changes. He put them on the tarmac to get ran over. Boy, a chemistry killer.
1-11 is terrible but once they encountered the departures and retirements took place, old Matty was stuck with Bennett's speed bump defense.
You could tell by Liberty's game plan without seeing Baylor's new defense that Gil didn't think to much of our returning secondary. He had complete faith #13 could dominate our returnees in a one on one matchup.
Gust Avrakotos
xiledinok said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

I'm so confused.

Rhule took over a plane crash with mad angry survivors. After burying a few, a few survivors couldn't the changes. He put them on the tarmac to get ran over. Boy, a chemistry killer.
1-11 is terrible but once they encountered the departures and retirements took place, old Matty was stuck with Bennett's speed bump defense.
You could tell by Liberty's game plan without seeing Baylor's new defense that Gil didn't think to much of our returning secondary. He had complete faith #13 could dominate our returnees in a one on one matchup.
But this doesn't answer my question. DC says that at 1-11, the defensive installation is right on schedule.

The guy must work for the US government or the post office because only government workers could say something so stupid.
D. C. Bear
Gust Avrakotos said:

xiledinok said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

I'm so confused.

But this doesn't answer my question. DC says that at 1-11, the defensive installation is right on schedule.

The guy must work for the US government or the post office because only government workers could say something so stupid.

Learn to read, WAC.

I'm done with your for a while. You have exhausted your replies.
BaylorRocks
D. C. Bear said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

xiledinok said:

Gust Avrakotos said:

I'm so confused.

Learn to read, WAC.

I'm done with your for a while. You have exhausted your replies.
Solid advice for all.
Use the <IGNORE> feature on trolling Gust. Feature can be found by clicking on his moniker name.

You're welcome,
BaylorRocks
Mothra said:

19K 373
Mothra
zunooreo said:

Mothra said:

19K 373

Ok, let me just say this so you don't have to keep posting every few weeks to keep this thread from dying. I'm sorry you didn't catch the sarcasm in my original post. I'm sorry it hurt your feelings. I didn't realize I was dealing with a female poster. Please accept my apology miss and let us let this silly thread die. Deal?
Mothra
And also let me say I've seen the error of my ways and now agree with your assessment that CMR is the greatest thing since sliced bread and will undoubtedly win us multiple national championships.

Goodnight love.
Timbear
Brad Stevens, coach of the Celtics, had a Matt Rhule moment in his post game comments last night after getting beaten by Lebron. "The pain is part of the path ". Rhule was overheard saying, "Darn, why didn't I think of that"?
D. C. Bear
Timbear said:

Brad Stevens, coach of the Celtics, had a Matt Rhule moment in his post game comments last night after getting beaten by Lebron. "The pain is part of the path ". Rhule was overheard saying, "Darn, why didn't I think of that"?

You really aren't very bright, are you?
Timbear
I think "the pain is part of the path" is better than " first we're learning how to lose".
Timbear
DC Bear, if you're buying the crap Rhule says, then you are hopeless.
D. C. Bear
Timbear said:

DC Bear, if you're buying the crap Rhule says, then you are hopeless.

It is not so much that I am buying what he says, I am seeing what he's doing. When I am proven right, you are free to cook your own crow.
Timbear
Once Rhule wins 50 games in 5 years, I'll serve it up.
BaylorRocks
Mothra said:

19K 382
ShooterTX
Timbear said:

Once Rhule wins 50 games in 5 years, I'll serve it up.

That's a bit steep.
It's not normal to take an amazing achievement, and make it the measure for failure or success.
If Rhule won 48 games over the next 4 years, you would be the only person in the world, calling him a failure. After all, he wouldn't have 50 wins in 5 years, but only 49 wins in 5 years... What a failure!
Timbear
If Rhule can win 10 games in his 4th year like Briles did, I'll gladly eat crow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.