Waco Development

69,431 Views | 827 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wichitabear
UBBY
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tenacious D said:

Has there been any development on LaSalle?

Friend of mine, up here in Chicago, took his daughter down to Texas to visit Baylor, A&M, UT, SMU, and TCU last month. Unfortunately they got down to the BU and made some wrong turns which lead them down to LaSalle and then down some side streets from there and his daughter did NOT like what she saw (apparently they saw some shady stuff going down) and it creeped her out.

I know what LaSalle was like back in the 90s (I remember a BU student went into the strip joint down there and came out in a stretcher and spent several days in the hospital).

Anyway, she crossed off BU and fell in love with TCU. At least it only took 10 minutes of Aggie propaganda to immediately turn her off when she visited down there. She doesn't own a BMW so SMU was out too as it was very apparent to the family the standards of SMU.
Yeah Lasalle has always been an eyesore. I did see some new apartments off of Lasalle that made it look a little newer and nicer.

Kingdom Bear
Crash Davis said:

They completely emasculated The Elite. Sad times.

Pretty sure the Elite's masculinity had withered and fallen off.
The Kingdoms of this world have become the Kingdoms of our God and of His Christ. ~Revelation 11:15. Stand. Repent. Build.
Kingdom Bear
Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

It's replacing Mooyah. That's a step backward.

What the? Stake 'n Shake is fantastic.
The Kingdoms of this world have become the Kingdoms of our God and of His Christ. ~Revelation 11:15. Stand. Repent. Build.
Kingdom Bear
BearMace said:

I'm not better than a Steak N Shake Frisco Melt, and their fries are pretty awesome. Skinny cut = more crunchy surface area per volume of potato. Its science. You could argue it, but you'd be wrong.

Damn straight, and a blue star for throwing math/science into food evaluation.
HalibutRetro
BaylorBearsFight said:

Crash Davis said:

They completely emasculated The Elite. Sad times.

Pretty sure the Elite's masculinity had withered and fallen off.
Yeah, it was a pretty sad there at the end of its days. Only reason to go was their happy hour prices on margaritas and appetizers. BTW, their beer-battered onion rings were the worst onion rings I've ever had. They lost whatever magic they had a long time ago.
Edmond Bear
BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

I've seen two S&S's go out of business because they could not compete with the other fast food restaurants around them. If Fast Food is the low end of the food scale, S&S is the low end of Fast Food.

SATXBear
Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

I've seen two S&S's go out of business because they could not compete with the other fast food restaurants around them. If Fast Food is the low end of the food scale, S&S is the low end of Fast Food.

When Bigalari bought the S&S franchise, the quality seemed to go down. It was great in the St. Louis area before being bought out.
Funky Town Bear
Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

But it's not fast food. It's a diner. Yes, there is a difference. It's a Mid-West pleasure. But the quality has slipped in recent times.
Kingdom Bear
Funky Town Bear said:

Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

But it's not fast food. It's a diner. Yes, there is a difference. It's a Mid-West pleasure. But the quality has slipped in recent times.

This. Burgers on plates, yo.
HalibutRetro
Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

Wait, that was what you were basing your assessment on? Ever been to one? I haven't honestly, so I can't judge. But, it's a bit naive to judge the quality of the food and restaurant on anecdotal evidence of two instances then judge the entire enterprise as below the low end of food.
baylrballa

yes please.
Wichitabear
I don't see a thing wrong with that.
Edmond Bear
HalibutRetro said:

Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

Wait, that was what you were basing your assessment on? Ever been to one? I haven't honestly, so I can't judge. But, it's a bit naive to judge the quality of the food and restaurant on anecdotal evidence of two instances then judge the entire enterprise as below the low end of food.

Yes, I've been. Went with high hopes and was disappointed. Tried a different one later and left equally disappointed.
Ludwig von Missi
Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

Yes, I've been. Went with high hopes and was disappointed. Tried a different one later and left equally disappointed.

It's not them, it's you. I promise.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Crash Davis said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

About like my co-worker that we don't let pick restaurants since his taste is crap. It is him. But I'm not a fan of S&S
Ludwig von Missi
Brian Ethridge said:

Crash Davis said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

About like my co-worker that we don't let pick restaurants since his taste is crap. It is him. But I'm not a fan of S&S
I prefer Freddy's if I'm going the fast, casual steak burger route...but S&S gets the Job done just fine.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Crash Davis said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Crash Davis said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

I prefer Freddy's if I'm going the fast, casual steak burger route...but S&S gets the Job done just fine.

Agree with you.

Oh, co-worker eats Vienna sausage for breakfast. His taste buds are dead.
Bear-0-Daktyl
Brian Ethridge said:

Crash Davis said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Crash Davis said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

Agree with you.

I just threw up.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BearMace said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Crash Davis said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Crash Davis said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

Agree with you.

I just threw up.

You can hear the can opening...
SATXBear
Crash Davis said:

Brian Ethridge said:

Crash Davis said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Edmond Bear said:

BaylorBearsFight said:

Edmond Bear said:

HalibutRetro said:

Yogi said:

COMING SOON...

In the SUB no less.

My wife grew up on S&S. She says it is not what it used to be. She says Freddys is the equivalent of what S&S used to be minus the great orange S&S shakes.
Edmond Bear

Wow, you guys are really in to fast food. That's not a hill I'm going to die on.

Oh, and Long John Silvers sucks too.
Wichitabear
Long John Silvers is the worse!!!!!!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Edmond Bear said:

Wow, you guys are really in to fast food. That's not a hill I'm going to die on.

Don't go all crazy...
baylrballa
Edmond Bear said:

did you just equate steak and shake to LJS? *** man.
DioNoZeus
Edmond Bear said:

Amy is gonna kick your ass and make it rain crispies on your cold, dead body
Bearicade
Mmmmm, I gonna have to have chicken planks for lunch today...
I know you believe you understand what I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Wichitabear
We are really regressing
WILLIS

Will pass on y'alls steak and shake, Mooyah, etc BS
Brian Ethridge
Staff
WILLIS said:

Liplocker
HalibutRetro
Edmond Bear said:

Nah, we're just into food. All the kinds.
Ludwig von Missi
At Los Cucos for the second time. Lots to like about this place and lots to hate. Could be a really good spot if they work out the kinks.
Grinnin bear
Brian Ethridge said:

WILLIS said:

Liplocker
my last 3 meals on earth will be:

Kitok's double liplocker with cheese, oriental fries and a cherry coke

Luby's fried fish, extra tartar sauce, fried okra, and a double portion of macaroni and cheese

Poppa Rollos hamburger pizza with a side of jalapenos and ranch dressing to dip it in.

Then I will be prepared to meet my Maker.
- Sometimes you just gotta grin and bear it.
sipembeers
Check out Milo All Day on franklin. The menu rotates to what available that is fresh. Great place with a great drink menu.
Wichitabear
Poppa Rollo is still there? Loved eating there when in college.
Showtime
Quote:

my last 3 meals on earth will be:

Kitok's double liplocker with cheese, oriental fries and a cherry coke

Luby's fried fish, extra tartar sauce, fried okra, and a double portion of macaroni and cheese

Poppa Rollos hamburger pizza with a side of jalapenos and ranch dressing to dip it in.

Then I will be prepared to meet my Maker.

We should be friends.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.