Baylor preparing to surrender to the LBGBT movement?

77,911 Views | 667 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
BusyTarpDuster2017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

I have mentioned God does not discriminate in God's love or justice.

But God does discriminate, doesn't He?. Those who believe in Jesus are made just even though they are sinners, while those sinners who do not believe, are not- "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God." - John 3:18.

BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

As Matthew 25 reminds us ----Jesus in is every outcast and child. He ate with sinners, prostitutes, tax collectors and other outcasts.
He loved them all. He welcomed them all.

Even white supremacists?
Aliceinbubbleland
Giggles that Baylor could issue any formal printed statement on any sex topic, let along GLBTq. Progress...progress...decades in the making.

xiledinok
Sam Lowry said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

Florda_mike said:

xiledinok said:

Do you all think Homecoming attendance will be at an All time high after Baylor announces they will allow LBGTQ group on campus? Could folks Baylor hasn't seen since graduation come back for the big announcement?

^^^ Stirs the pot
There's a Pro Texana part of Baylor and memberships in national organizations that bring more money and value than a donor who only donates to Baylor on Baptist religious principals. Those type of donors are looking for a fundamentalist college to donate. Baylor has never served that purpose.

I think you are posting to stir the pot. When you are going to enroll in Baylor and actually attend a class since you think you have a voice?
X, maybe this should be for another thread but, can you give me YOUR definition of principles? If so, do your principles override a balance sheet or does the balance sheet override principles?
This question is about you and your views, not CAB, BU, BSU, BOR, Stidham, the DAs office etc...
Why would you even try to questions someone's principles by bringing up their views on CAB? BOR? DA office? A football transfer with a big ego?

Once you understand Baylor is in the school business, not the church business, you will understand why they are doing it.

You could have simply said "I choose not to answer."

It's all about giving you the answer you do not want to read. I'm not going to feed you a Biblical reasoning to exclude. It won't work at a major school.
Do you normally walk out of restaurants, public places or anywhere people breathe if you encounter a gay and lesbian?
Why would I walk away from someone because their sin is different from my sin?

We are all sinners. We are not all required to have the same sin.

Jesus said "Go, and sin no more." He said nothing about redefining sin.

This is why I asked about your principles. At some point you will be or have been put into a position where you have to decide whether or not to go against your principles. Is fudging billable hours the same as stealing? Is being purposefully misleading the same as a lie? Should people expect you to stand by your principles. Should people expect a Baptist University to stand by theirs?

The Baptist University should do whatever is best for the school. If the Big 12 or big accreditation says do it, then sign those gays up. Baylor is a school. Not everyone is going to Baylor to live by the Baptist Standard.

So, if I'm reading you correctly, money/status/ranking ahead of principles? Is that correct?

The school is in the school business. I have no issues with the recognizing them.
Unfortunately for the super Baptist, Baylor is conservative but not really for the religious super Baptist.

Well, so much for the honest part. You're redefining traditional Baptist beliefs as fundamentalist and saying Baylor has never been fundamentalist. But by your definition, Baylor has always been fundamentalist.

Baylor is not fundamentalist though the fundamentalist wanted to take it over. Moderately Baptist is Baylor on the Baptist scale.

There's just not enough interest among students and alumni to get worked up about gays and lesbians at Baylor. They understand it is a school not a church.
ScottS
This thread is super gay
57Bear
xiledino said:

Once you understand Baylor is in the school business, not the church business, you will understand why they are doing it.
What if someone wants to open a restaurant specializing in chicken, but they want the product to be offered in a format that complies with their belief? What if they don't open on Sunday due to their belief? Should they have to open on Sunday because they are in the chicken business?
xiledinok
57Bear said:

xiledino said:

What if someone wants to open a restaurant specializing in chicken, but they want the product to be offered in a format that complies with their belief? What if they don't open on Sunday due to their belief? Should they have to open on Sunday because they are in the chicken business?

They are a private business. They can do what they wish.
Same for Baylor. Private school can do what they wish to do to maintain federal funding and Big 12 membership.
I don't see the Talibaptist bringing much to the school. They offer little to the educational side or school rankings.
The average alumni do not care about the school giving these inconsequential people their group.

FWIW, ESPN has a story on a bisexual NFL player on it's homepage. My guess they ll make the schools have anti discrimination policies to stay in the CFP. This is all school business. Other than making the homecoming parade actually interesting, the here and queer groups won't make much noise at docile Baylor.
LIB,MR BEARS
ScottS said:

This thread is super gay
X normally stays on the sports boards.
xiledinok
LIB,MR BEARS said:

ScottS said:

This thread is super gay

A breeder like myself doesn't get nervous and worked up about homosexuals. I don't worry about the homophobia types who can't handle a homosexual in a social setting. It will be their children and grandchildren who are mostly like to turn towards an alternative lifestyle.

I want to see the video footage of you and Westboro types protesting the here and queer group's initial homecoming appearance.
Coke Bear
xiledinok said:

The average alumni do not care about the school giving these inconsequential people their group.

The point here is that it is NOT about the average alumni. It is about principles. If if engaging in same-sex related activities is against the principles and standards of the Baptist faith, then they should NOT be forced to allow activities or organized groups on campus.

For example, I enjoy drinking beer. My faith, Catholicism, has no qualms with alcohol provided that it is done in moderation and one doesn't get drunk (the Catechism states it better.) Having said that, I would love to be able to buy a beer at a Baylor home game; HOWEVER, I don't think that Baylor should allow it to be sold to the public, because I understand that alcohol is prohibited by Baptists.

I applaud them for sticking to their principles even though it effects my ability to drink in the stadium. Quite frankly, I would be disappointed (on a philosophical level) if they decide to sell beer just to chase the dollar.

I would be just as disappointed if the administration caved to societal pressures and allowed a sanctioned LGBTQ group on campus.
xiledinok
Coke Bear said:

xiledinok said:

The point here is that it is NOT about the average alumni. It is about principles. If if engaging in same-sex related activities is against the principles and standards of the Baptist faith, then they should NOT be forced to allow activities or organized groups on campus.

For example, I enjoy drinking beer. My faith, Catholicism, has no qualms with alcohol provided that it is done in moderation and one doesn't get drunk (the Catechism states it better.) Having said that, I would love to be able to buy a beer at a Baylor home game; HOWEVER, I don't think that Baylor should allow it to be sold to the public, because I understand that alcohol is prohibited by Baptists.

I applaud them for sticking to their principles even though it effects my ability to drink in the stadium. Quite frankly, I would be disappointed (on a philosophical level) if they decide to sell beer just to chase the dollar.

I would be just as disappointed if the administration caved to societal pressures and allowed a sanctioned LGBTQ group on campus.

I look at Baylor as a university and the athletic and marketing side as the driving force behind the group getting recognition.
We best get that Private school collegiate association Thee proposed started to help protect private school interests.

Power 5 conference membership and grant money > gay conversion church issues and other stances against "here and queer." It's all school business.

They'll be selling beer to help soften these athletic department costs like every other university.

LIB,MR BEARS
xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ScottS said:

This thread is super gay

A breeder like myself doesn't get nervous and worked up about homosexuals. I don't worry about the homophobia types who can't handle a homosexual in a social setting. It will be their children and grandchildren who are mostly like to turn towards an alternative lifestyle.

I want to see the video footage of you and Westboro types protesting the here and queer group's initial homecoming appearance.
I want to see the video of you understanding a joke and not getting wound up.
xiledinok
LIB,MR BEARS said:

xiledinok said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

ScottS said:

This thread is super gay

I want to see the video of you understanding a joke and not getting wound up.

I think you are a little uptight for a breeder. I probably would not understand you since I believe it's a business decision.
Coke Bear
xiledinok said:

Power 5 conference membership and grant money > gay conversion church issues and other stances against "here and queer." It's all school business.

Where did anyone suggest a "gay conversion church"?

My recommendation is to release a statement. like they just did, with the following:

Baylor University always has been and will always be open to ALL regardless of sexual identity. Because we are an institution rooted in the Christian faith, we will not allow nor sanction organizations that run contrary to our Christian doctrine.

Let the chips fall where they may. They would receive social media pressure for about two weeks until the next new story hits the press. Our collective attention span is too short.

xiledinok said:

They'll be selling beer to help soften these athletic department costs like every other university.

If that's the case, then they should remove "Baptist" from the description. The should just become another private university with no affiliation.
LIB,MR BEARS
Coke Bear said:

xiledinok said:

My recommendation is to release a statement. like they just did, with the following:

Baylor University always has been and will always be open to ALL regardless of sexual identity. Because we are an institution rooted in the Christian faith, we will not allow nor sanction organizations that run contrary to our Christian doctrine.

Let the chips fall where they may. They would receive social media pressure for about two weeks until the next new story hits the press. Our collective attention span is too short.

xiledinok said:

If that's the case, then they should remove "Baptist" from the description. The should just become another private university with no affiliation.
Coke, you understand principles and what it is to stand by them. X has yet to articulate his understanding of principles or, maybe he has...
xiledinok
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Coke Bear said:

xiledinok said:

xiledinok said:

Coke, you understand principles and what it is to stand by them. X has yet to articulate his understanding of principles or, maybe he has...

It's called business principles. It has nothing to do religion. My reasoning will not account for the Pro Church side of Baylor.
The people looking for a Baptist affiliated school think Baylor is a liberal school. I don't think the student looking at a Baptist affiliated as a primary reason to pick a school picks Baylor.
whitetrash
xiledinok said:

I don't think
Truer words have never been spoken.....
Kyle
ScottS said:

This thread is super gay
Where's the Station?
xiledinok
whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

I don't think

Never spoken?
Where will you guys be rallying against the "here and queer" group at Homecoming?
Oldbear83
xiledinok said:

whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

I don't think

Never spoken?
Where will you guys be rallying against the "here and queer" group at Homecoming?
That will only happen in your fetid imagination, X.
xiledinok
Oldbear83 said:

xiledinok said:

whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

I don't think

Never spoken?

I'm off ignore?
Your crew will be easy to spot among the rally or protestors (whatever you call it). Do you know why?
LIB,MR BEARS
X, here is a simple question; are there business people with firmly held principles that they are >>>justified<<< in having? They may or may not be faith based. Do they exist?
xiledinok
LIB,MR BEARS said:

X, here is a simple question; are there business people with firmly held principles that they are >>>justified<<< in having? They may or may not be faith based. Do they exist?

I have no problem with faith based businesses like a favorite chicken restaurant from Atlanta.

However, there are organizations that the school is a part that will require anti-discrimination policies that must be followed by the school to be a part of the organization or to get funding. These membership organizations will outweigh the negatives.

Waco1947
fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

As Matthew 25 reminds us ----Jesus in is every outcast and child. He ate with sinners, prostitutes, tax collectors and other outcasts.
He loved them all. He welcomed them all. Regardless of your personal morals, I think Jesus would welcome the LGBTQ community with open arms.
I don't believe being gay or homosexual behavior in marriage is a sin. But even if you do why exclude those Jesus would accept. You could always work to "save" them. Although you will do more harm than good.
No one is saying exclude them. No one is saying don't love them. Are you saying that for a gay person to be saved through Jesus does more harm than good? Are you sure you're a pastor of a CHRISTIAN church?

Yes, it's exactly what you saying. Yeah I am a Christian and love gays like any pastor or Christian should. It ain't a sin or a disease.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

Kyle said:

I have mentioned God does not discriminate in God's love or justice.

But God does discriminate, doesn't He?. Those who believe in Jesus are made just even though they are sinners, while those sinners who do not believe, are not- "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God." - John 3:18.

If God is all loving how can God condemn. God can only love. Condemnation has no place in love. Prove that it does. We certainly live the consequences of our sin but God loves us.

Waco1947
fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Justice - the right to marry and be ordained
You can almost marry anyone you want so.....what's your point again?

Some
denominations or workplaces or schools or clubs condemns gays .
In the UMC gays cannot be ordained and as a pastor I lose my credentials if I do a gay marriage.

fadskier
Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

He loved them all. He welcomed them all. Regardless of your personal morals, I think Jesus would welcome the LGBTQ community with open arms.
I don't believe being gay or homosexual behavior in marriage is a sin. But even if you do why exclude those Jesus would accept. You could always work to "save" them. Although you will do more harm than good.
No one is saying exclude them. No one is saying don't love them. Are you saying that for a gay person to be saved through Jesus does more harm than good? Are you sure you're a pastor of a CHRISTIAN church?

Yes, it's exactly what you saying. Yeah I am a Christian and love gays like any pastor or Christian should. It ain't a sin or a disease.
Where have I said that gays should be excluded from church? Or Baylor?
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Justice - the right to marry and be ordained
You can almost marry anyone you want so.....what's your point again?

Some
denominations or workplaces or schools or clubs condemns gays .
In the UMC gays cannot be ordained and as a pastor I lose my credentials if I do a gay marriage.

So what? Joins another club, attend another school, join another denomination. Not everyone has to subscribe to your beliefs. You're doing EXACTLY what you accuse others of doing.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
Waco1947
YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

It is not "certainly unclear" how the bible addresses people who are born homosexual. In fact, it is abundantly clear in Scripture that we are all born with a sin nature. The fact that we all have a propensity to sin does not mean our sin ceases to be sin.

How we battle against our sin nature via reliance on the Lord is what matters.

You have swallowed the false logic of the gay lobby hook, line, and sinker.

True we are all born to sin but homosexuality is not a sin. The Bible only knows homosexual behavior and only in the most idolatrous since - temple prostitution and the Roman and Greek party scene.
Those are abhorrent. Homosexual behavior anal and oral sex outside of marriage is wrong just like for heterosexuals but, like straights, anal and oral sex are ok.
And no Mark is about divorce not the marriage of one and one woman. The Pharisees begin the discussion with a question divorce a man and woman so naturally Jesus answers that question.

Once again 47 demonstrates:
- He still doesn't know how to use the quote function;
- His failure of reading comprehension skills in light of Romans 1:24-32; and
- His misunderstanding that before there is a divorce, there must be a marriage...between a man and a woman. Irrelevant comment The Pharisees specifically ask about "man and woman." Jesus answered accordingly. You cannot deny it.

I pray for your former congregants that they someday receive the correct teaching.
"Correct teaching" is tainted by your upbringing. You were raised homophobic. I can't help that part of you.
Romans 1: 24-32 is clearly idolatry not homosexuality.

I'd ask you to explain how Romans 1:26-27 doesn't describe homosexuality as sinful, but you obviously cannot read AND comprehend. I'll quote it here for your future reference.

Romans 1: "26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

You are a false teacher that has zero business being in the ministry.

You are the false teacher. You are reading homosexuality into the text. The context is clear - idolatry is the issue and men and women were missing their sexuality for sinful purposes. It's the purpose that is the fault and the context not the behavior itself.
Paul had not even been to Rome. He was going on rumor. And why would you raise rumor to the level of some kind rigid doctrinal law. Creating more law (which in the case is wrong) Paul says we are freed from that law. Do eat shrimp or wear cotton and polyester together? In Christ we are freed from the law. Right? Your "new homosexuality is sin Law" is wrong.

Oldbear83
xiledinok said:

Oldbear83 said:

xiledinok said:

whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

I don't think

Never spoken?

I'm off ignore?
Your crew will be easy to spot among the rally or protestors (whatever you call it). Do you know why?

My "crew"?

In the first place, I'm not the whiny protest kind of person. Seems like the Left has locked up that role, anyway.

But if "my crew" did show up somewhere, sure we'd be easy to spot. Think the cast of Ocean's Eleven, but forty years older and more like Frank Sinatra's crew than George Clooney's crew.

xiledinok
Oldbear83 said:

xiledinok said:

Oldbear83 said:

xiledinok said:

whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

I don't think

Never spoken?

I'm off ignore?

My "crew"?

In the first place, I'm not the whiny protest kind of person. Seems like the Left has locked up that role, anyway.

But if "my crew" did show up somewhere, sure we'd be easy to spot. Think the cast of Ocean's Eleven, but forty years older and more like Frank Sinatra's crew than George Clooney's crew.

I doubt any Las Vegas crew will show up to "protest" or "rally" against "we're queer and we are here" at Baylor.
The whiny posts seem to be about your feelings. It is the business side of the school and bottom line forcing these changes.

I'm not on ignore. These threads deliver.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Waco1947 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Waco1947 said:

If God is all loving how can God condemn. God can only love. Condemnation has no place in love. Prove that it does. We certainly live the consequences of our sin but God loves us.

If God is all loving, then He must condemn hate, right?
If God is all just, then He must condemn injustice, right?

Condemnation does not contravene love.
Florda_mike
I think this thread is about those that hate Baylor's morals and being a Christian school vs those that love it and it's history

Those that want to "fundamentally change" the university vs those that don't

Thanks obama you sob
Oldbear83
xiledinok said:

Oldbear83 said:

xiledinok said:

Oldbear83 said:

xiledinok said:

whitetrash said:

xiledinok said:

I don't think

Never spoken?

I'm off ignore?

My "crew"?

I doubt any Las Vegas crew will show up to "protest" or "rally" against "we're queer and we are here" at Baylor.
The whiny posts seem to be about your feelings. It is the business side of the school and bottom line forcing these changes.

I'm not on ignore. These threads deliver.

80% of your posts are based on spite or envy, X.

But sometimes the unintended comedy of your posts make them worth the read.
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

YoakDaddy said:

Waco1947 said:

tcbear said:

It is not "certainly unclear" how the bible addresses people who are born homosexual. In fact, it is abundantly clear in Scripture that we are all born with a sin nature. The fact that we all have a propensity to sin does not mean our sin ceases to be sin.

How we battle against our sin nature via reliance on the Lord is what matters.

You have swallowed the false logic of the gay lobby hook, line, and sinker.

True we are all born to sin but homosexuality is not a sin. The Bible only knows homosexual behavior and only in the most idolatrous since - temple prostitution and the Roman and Greek party scene.
Those are abhorrent. Homosexual behavior anal and oral sex outside of marriage is wrong just like for heterosexuals but, like straights, anal and oral sex are ok.
And no Mark is about divorce not the marriage of one and one woman. The Pharisees begin the discussion with a question divorce a man and woman so naturally Jesus answers that question.

Once again 47 demonstrates:
- He still doesn't know how to use the quote function;
- His failure of reading comprehension skills in light of Romans 1:24-32; and
- His misunderstanding that before there is a divorce, there must be a marriage...between a man and a woman. Irrelevant comment The Pharisees specifically ask about "man and woman." Jesus answered accordingly. You cannot deny it.

I pray for your former congregants that they someday receive the correct teaching.
"Correct teaching" is tainted by your upbringing. You were raised homophobic. I can't help that part of you.
Romans 1: 24-32 is clearly idolatry not homosexuality.

I'd ask you to explain how Romans 1:26-27 doesn't describe homosexuality as sinful, but you obviously cannot read AND comprehend. I'll quote it here for your future reference.

Romans 1: "26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

You are a false teacher that has zero business being in the ministry.

You are the false teacher. You are reading homosexuality into the text. The context is clear - idolatry is the issue and men and women were missing their sexuality for sinful purposes. It's the purpose that is the fault and the context not the behavior itself.
Paul had not even been to Rome. He was going on rumor. And why would you raise rumor to the level of some kind rigid doctrinal law. Creating more law (which in the case is wrong) Paul says we are freed from that law. Do eat shrimp or wear cotton and polyester together? In Christ we are freed from the law. Right? Your "new homosexuality is sin Law" is wrong.

What part of "the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men," do you not understand? Please explain how this isn't a sin. You can't because it doesn't fit your worldview. You are a wolf that has zero business leading God's church no different than a pedophile priest preying on young boys.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.