So... at what point do Republicans realize Trump is bad at this?

106,128 Views | 1438 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
cinque
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GrowlTowel said:

Transcript reads like the transcript reads. No law violated.

Move on to the next hoax.
That's not how the impeachment investigators will see it.
GrowlTowel
cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Then vote for it. Put it on paper and go. You are two weeks in and not a vote for inquiry in sight.

Pucker up buttercup.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
cinque
GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Then vote for it. Put it on paper and go. You are two weeks in and not a vote for inquiry in sight.

Pucker up buttercup.
Chuckle. What's the rush? We'll get there.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

So. We really ****ed o we the Kurds, today.

How we feeling about that?
Just fine.
BrooksBearLives
GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Pucker up buttercup.

Do you know how an impeachment inquiry works?

Or do you think juries vote guilty/not guilty on the first day?

This is just getting started, champ. And you can call it a hoax all you want, but we both know this isn't that. There's Trump corruption all over this. Even Giuliani is in on it. Getting Texas businessmen in the act, trying to blame Governor Perry for everything!

Man, if it wasn't the Presidency and our nation's standing in the world that he is grinding into the dirt, I would find it entertaining.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Pucker up buttercup.

This is just getting started, champ. And you can call it a hoax all you want, but we both know this isn't that. There's Trump corruption all over this. Even Giuliani is in on it. Getting Texas businessmen in the act, trying to blame Governor Perry for everything!

Man, if it wasn't the Presidency and our nation's standing in the world that he is grinding into the dirt, I would find it entertaining.
The point isn't that they haven't voted guilty or not guilty. It's that they haven't even voted to hold an official inquiry. It's all political theater.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Pucker up buttercup.

The point isn't that they haven't voted guilty or not guilty. It's that they haven't even voted to hold an official inquiry. It's all political theater.

Yeah. Lol. Conservatives complaining about "political theater."

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Pucker up buttercup.

Don't flatter me, there are plenty of laughs on this board. But thank you for the whataboutism. There's something that's truly in short supply.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Pucker up buttercup.

Don't flatter me, there are plenty of laughs on this board. But thank you for the whataboutism. There's something that's truly in short supply.

That's not "whataboutism."

Whataboutism is when you ignore the comment by pointing out something completely separate to distract.

That wasn't whataboutism. It was openly laughing at your characterization -as it is false. Rules for impeachment processes have expanded since Clinton. Committee chairs don't need a formal vote to start issuing subpoenas.

But that's fine. I know a guy who insisted his marriage was still intact. She had moved out and gotten a lawyer, but he was "still married."

That was true. For a little while. It gave him comfort to believe that. Comfort isn't so bad.
Florda_mike
cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Pucker up buttercup.
Chuckle. What's the rush? We'll get there.

As Soros steadily pays you pennies per post

You're an entitlement baby is all you are

World would be better without likes of you
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Pucker up buttercup.

No we need a 30 something unemployable professional student to tell us how everything works

Excuse me while I go get ready for my work day so I can aid this booming Trump economy
curtpenn
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

All the Dems have to do is nominate a rational MODERATE to regain the White House.

Don't need to nominate a conservative, dont need to promise to protect the 2nd amendment, our international borders or even our babies .

Just nominate a reasonable, rational MODERATE and the Dems will have it all.

But they can not....will not...do it.

Leftist freaks got the bit in their teeth ...and are determined to run with it.

And THAT is the ultimate lulz.

That's because anything left of "sell us all out for Russian interest" gets dismissed as "communist" by people like you.

chuckle

Besides remaining in the cozy confines of academia into your early 30's ....( a glorious accomplishment to be sure ) , which of your career experiences qualify you to judge and label people 'like me' ?

Do you have the ability to respond without insulting first?

Say what you want about me, but at least I can do that.

1. You mischaracterize me constantly. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

And 2. What I do for a living, how old I am, or what I believe about other topics has NO bearing on how the President is abusing his power.

Oh. Now there's a second whistleblower who was in the room for the Ukraine calls.

There's another whistleblower from the IRS as well.

None of your personal insults of me is going to make this go away.

Face it, you sold out for a really bad person. And it's no me you should be angry at.
He may, but probably not to you. You have made insulting others your stock-in-trade so I am unsure why you seem unhappy when they do the same.

Yeah. Thats not true.

But I guess you're not even going to try to respond to the topic at hand?

I mean, I get why you wouldn't.

You're okay with the President using his office for personal enrichment and political gain? You're cool with that?

Yeah, you do. It is an accurate observation that you habitually throw around insults. It's what you do and you are apparently the only one who doesn't recognize it.

I already did respond to "the topic at hand" sometime last week.

I'm not a fan of Trump. Never have liked him, even when he wasn't a politician. Didn't vote for him before, won't vote for him should he be on the ballot again. However, should he be removed from office via impeachment or the ballot box and replaced by a Democrat or another Republican, it, sadly, will not represent the dawning of good government. The level of corruption in government is unlikely to change in any real way. Neither side is interested in corruption unless it gives them political advantage.

It is not true that I ONLY respond with insults. I give them out. But I'm not on here calling people who disagree with me "my enemy." I have my limits.

And the biggest difference is I feel shame when I lose my temper.

But I've gotten nearly nothing but insults to my repeated attempts to engage in good faith debate. Deal with it or don't. I've long since gone past taking your opinion all that seriously. I do think you're pretty smart, so I have hope you'll engage.

And also, this 'nothing will change' is nihilism. Nothing will change until we make it change. The next President is going to have to pass a crap-ton of laws to protect what used to be norms this President has completely torn apart.

Emoluments would be a great start.

I didn't say you "only" insult people. I said you do it a lot. You do. If you feel bad when you lose your temper and insult people, then don't do it. It isn't that hard. Don't hit submit.

I have engaged. Many pages ago. Your thread title is you wondering when "Republicans" will figure out that they should think like you do about Trumpthat he isn't good at this. Setting aside the fact that a lot of Republicans really don't like Trump on a variety of levels, and already don't think he's "good at this," I have explained why I think Trump's supporters don't care about the things you care about. You may not like my explanation, but don't pretend that did not "engage" on the topic at hand. You don't take my opinion seriously because it is not your opinion. If I agreed with your opinion, you would take it seriously. I would also note that I am not calling anyone "my enemy."

Whether "nothing will change" is nihilism or realism, it is not nihilism on the part of Trump's supporters to support him. They consider the alternatives to be an existential threat and believe that it matters a lot whether that threat comes to pass.

Your "repeated attempts to engage in good faith debate" come on the heels of your habitual tendency to hurl insults and curses at those with whom you disagree. What exactly are you expecting to happen? Do you think they are going to rise up and call you blessed?
Listen, I'm not your enemy.

And it has been literally days -if not weeks- since I insulted anyone on this thread. Feel free to go check.

In the meantime, you okay with this? Our president is straight ****ing the Kurds right now -all while claiming "great and unmatched wisdom." I want to hear Curt say how any Democrat could be worse than this. This dude wanted to nuke hurricanes. He's lost it and is completely going off the edge.

I didn't say you are my enemy. Why are you saying that?

What does it matter if "it has been literally days -if not weeks- since I insulted anyone on this thread?" You established your reputation long before this thread was made.

Oh. So reputation is all that matters? Good to know.
All that matters? Didn't say that. You seem to think it doesn't matter at all. I asked why you expect that you won't be getting a lot of insults when you have made it part of your persona on here to hurl insults and curses at others. You've said that you "feel shame" when you lose your temper, so you clearly have some level of awareness and consider it to be a problem. You also say that you are engaging in "good faith" debate, but you seem to be saying that I have said you are my enemy. I haven't, and it doesn't appear to be "good faith debate" for you to make that claim.
Hats off to DC Bear for being the voice of reason here and continuing to discuss and very clearly state what others of us less reasonable sorts can only rage against. I was once probably closer to his position but have admittedly given myself over to a more combative attitude. I embrace that you, BBL, and your kind are actually "my enemy" and lament that it has come to this. And yet, lamentations and regrets aside, here we are. As DC points out, those who think like me don't require or expect your agreement, but it shouldn't be that difficult to understand. The ironic thing is, the more either extreme pushes their respective agenda, the greater countervailing force is created in opposition. It works both ways. My solution is to reduce the scope of government reach so as to minimize opportunities for conflict to arise. How about governments limiting themselves primarily to things we can agree upon? Vive ut vivas.

Yeah. No difference of opinion makes you my enemy. You're my brother. You need help, I will give what I have to give.

All this crap we're dealing with down here on earth is menial and base. That's why I care about morality and caring for my fellow man. That's what matters. Tax cuts for people who already have too much?

Nah. Don't care about that.
Please understand we are not "brothers" in any meaningful way, and while it may be true that I need help in the sense that I'm a sinner in need of grace, I'm certain there's nothing you can do for me in that regard. I invite you to drop all of your pearl clutching virtue signaling. Perhaps you could consider growing a pair and growing up while you're at it? Focus on being the best you can be, and on giving all of the time, talent, and resources you like to the betterment of others, but leave using the coercive power of governments out of it. You cool with that?

You got some hatred in your heart man. You need to let it go.

Our country deserves better.
Don't worry, bro, I don't have hatred in my heart for you. My feelings about you are similar to those I experience stepping in pile of dog sh_t; very annoying, but something one just scrapes offs and gets on with life.

I may not be the brightest color in the box, but my GMAT scores were good enough to warrant a full scholarship and graduate assistantship to Baylor's MBA program. Upon completion, I knocked around for about 10 years getting dirty and changing jobs. Ultimately started my own business - just me working out of my house. Proud to say 31 years later that business has been modestly successful and now employs around 40 people. If I add in family members, I suspect it has benefited hundreds of people over the years. With no help from anyone other than my wonderful wife, we managed to put 2 kids through some of the finest private schools in Dallas. Our oldest graduated from Temple with honors while maintaining a highly rigorous schedule as a D1 rower. Our youngest graduated from SMU a couple of years ago. My wife was able to interrupt her professional career for about 10 years in order to be a full time mom (which was her choice). I won't bore you with the details, but we've been very active in our school and church communities over the decades as well. I feel pretty good about what we've accomplished for the betterment of our community and country. What have you done?

Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Pucker up buttercup.

That's not "whataboutism."

Whataboutism is when you ignore the comment by pointing out something completely separate to distract.

That wasn't whataboutism. It was openly laughing at your characterization -as it is false. Rules for impeachment processes have expanded since Clinton. Committee chairs don't need a formal vote to start issuing subpoenas.

But that's fine. I know a guy who insisted his marriage was still intact. She had moved out and gotten a lawyer, but he was "still married."

That was true. For a little while. It gave him comfort to believe that. Comfort isn't so bad.
Show me where the rules changed.
Florda_mike
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

All the Dems have to do is nominate a rational MODERATE to regain the White House.

Don't need to nominate a conservative, dont need to promise to protect the 2nd amendment, our international borders or even our babies .

That's because anything left of "sell us all out for Russian interest" gets dismissed as "communist" by people like you.

chuckle

Besides remaining in the cozy confines of academia into your early 30's ....( a glorious accomplishment to be sure ) , which of your career experiences qualify you to judge and label people 'like me' ?

1. You mischaracterize me constantly. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

And 2. What I do for a living, how old I am, or what I believe about other topics has NO bearing on how the President is abusing his power.

Oh. Now there's a second whistleblower who was in the room for the Ukraine calls.

Face it, you sold out for a really bad person. And it's no me you should be angry at.
He may, but probably not to you. You have made insulting others your stock-in-trade so I am unsure why you seem unhappy when they do the same.

Yeah. Thats not true.

You're okay with the President using his office for personal enrichment and political gain? You're cool with that?

Yeah, you do. It is an accurate observation that you habitually throw around insults. It's what you do and you are apparently the only one who doesn't recognize it.

I'm not a fan of Trump. Never have liked him, even when he wasn't a politician. Didn't vote for him before, won't vote for him should he be on the ballot again. However, should he be removed from office via impeachment or the ballot box and replaced by a Democrat or another Republican, it, sadly, will not represent the dawning of good government. The level of corruption in government is unlikely to change in any real way. Neither side is interested in corruption unless it gives them political advantage.

It is not true that I ONLY respond with insults. I give them out. But I'm not on here calling people who disagree with me "my enemy." I have my limits.

But I've gotten nearly nothing but insults to my repeated attempts to engage in good faith debate. Deal with it or don't. I've long since gone past taking your opinion all that seriously. I do think you're pretty smart, so I have hope you'll engage.

And also, this 'nothing will change' is nihilism. Nothing will change until we make it change. The next President is going to have to pass a crap-ton of laws to protect what used to be norms this President has completely torn apart.

I didn't say you "only" insult people. I said you do it a lot. You do. If you feel bad when you lose your temper and insult people, then don't do it. It isn't that hard. Don't hit submit.

I have engaged. Many pages ago. Your thread title is you wondering when "Republicans" will figure out that they should think like you do about Trumpthat he isn't good at this. Setting aside the fact that a lot of Republicans really don't like Trump on a variety of levels, and already don't think he's "good at this," I have explained why I think Trump's supporters don't care about the things you care about. You may not like my explanation, but don't pretend that did not "engage" on the topic at hand. You don't take my opinion seriously because it is not your opinion. If I agreed with your opinion, you would take it seriously. I would also note that I am not calling anyone "my enemy."

Whether "nothing will change" is nihilism or realism, it is not nihilism on the part of Trump's supporters to support him. They consider the alternatives to be an existential threat and believe that it matters a lot whether that threat comes to pass.

Your "repeated attempts to engage in good faith debate" come on the heels of your habitual tendency to hurl insults and curses at those with whom you disagree. What exactly are you expecting to happen? Do you think they are going to rise up and call you blessed?

And it has been literally days -if not weeks- since I insulted anyone on this thread. Feel free to go check.

In the meantime, you okay with this? Our president is straight ****ing the Kurds right now -all while claiming "great and unmatched wisdom." I want to hear Curt say how any Democrat could be worse than this. This dude wanted to nuke hurricanes. He's lost it and is completely going off the edge.

What does it matter if "it has been literally days -if not weeks- since I insulted anyone on this thread?" You established your reputation long before this thread was made.

All that matters? Didn't say that. You seem to think it doesn't matter at all. I asked why you expect that you won't be getting a lot of insults when you have made it part of your persona on here to hurl insults and curses at others. You've said that you "feel shame" when you lose your temper, so you clearly have some level of awareness and consider it to be a problem. You also say that you are engaging in "good faith" debate, but you seem to be saying that I have said you are my enemy. I haven't, and it doesn't appear to be "good faith debate" for you to make that claim.
Hats off to DC Bear for being the voice of reason here and continuing to discuss and very clearly state what others of us less reasonable sorts can only rage against. I was once probably closer to his position but have admittedly given myself over to a more combative attitude. I embrace that you, BBL, and your kind are actually "my enemy" and lament that it has come to this. And yet, lamentations and regrets aside, here we are. As DC points out, those who think like me don't require or expect your agreement, but it shouldn't be that difficult to understand. The ironic thing is, the more either extreme pushes their respective agenda, the greater countervailing force is created in opposition. It works both ways. My solution is to reduce the scope of government reach so as to minimize opportunities for conflict to arise. How about governments limiting themselves primarily to things we can agree upon? Vive ut vivas.

Yeah. No difference of opinion makes you my enemy. You're my brother. You need help, I will give what I have to give.

All this crap we're dealing with down here on earth is menial and base. That's why I care about morality and caring for my fellow man. That's what matters. Tax cuts for people who already have too much?

Please understand we are not "brothers" in any meaningful way, and while it may be true that I need help in the sense that I'm a sinner in need of grace, I'm certain there's nothing you can do for me in that regard. I invite you to drop all of your pearl clutching virtue signaling. Perhaps you could consider growing a pair and growing up while you're at it? Focus on being the best you can be, and on giving all of the time, talent, and resources you like to the betterment of others, but leave using the coercive power of governments out of it. You cool with that?

Don't worry, bro, I don't have hatred in my heart for you. My feelings about you are similar to those I experience stepping in pile of dog sh_t; very annoying, but something one just scrapes offs and gets on with life.

I may not be the brightest color in the box, but my GMAT scores were good enough to warrant a full scholarship and graduate assistantship to Baylor's MBA program. Upon completion, I knocked around for about 10 years getting dirty and changing jobs. Ultimately started my own business - just me working out of my house. Proud to say 31 years later that business has been modestly successful and now employs around 40 people. If I add in family members, I suspect it has benefited hundreds of people over the years. With no help from anyone other than my wonderful wife, we managed to put 2 kids through some of the finest private schools in Dallas. Our oldest graduated from Temple with honors while maintaining a highly rigorous schedule as a D1 rower. Our youngest graduated from SMU a couple of years ago. My wife was able to interrupt her professional career for about 10 years in order to be a full time mom (which was her choice). I won't bore you with the details, but we've been very active in our school and church communities over the decades as well. I feel pretty good about what we've accomplished for the betterment of our community and country. What have you done?

What's BBL done?

Lost his Title 9 entitlement job because, Trump

Kept student loan scam going getting himself further in debt by being a professional student because he's unemployable in real world and can't get a real job! Who wants someone like him?

Kept divorce lawyers in business

Behind on child support and hoping to avoid jail
Waco1947
BBL is right "You got some hatred in your heart man. You need to let it go.

Our country deserves better."
Our country deserves patriots and citizens not your 'Christian' greed.
Canada2017
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

chuckle

Yeah. Thats not true.

Very impressive accomplishments fella.

You have every right to be proud.

quash
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Just fine.
Seriously?

How do we build future alliances when we break treaties, sell out allies over a phone call, etc.?

This was a terrible, horrible, not very good thing. It was bad, m'kay?

If I were anybody but Putin I would never trust Trump.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Osodecentx
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Just fine.
Seriously?

How do we build future alliances when we break treaties, sell out allies over a phone call, etc.?

Trump isn't to be trusted. Kurds are betrayed
quash
Florda_mike said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

What's BBL done?

Lost his Title 9 entitlement job because, Trump

Kept student loan scam going getting himself further in debt by being a professional student because he's unemployable in real world and can't get a real job! Who wants someone like him?

Kept divorce lawyers in business

Behind on child support and hoping to avoid jail
You will never run out of things you don't know that you think are true. So precious.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Canada2017 said:

chuckle

chuckle

Yeah. Thats not true.

That's awesome!
quash
"No friends but the mountains."
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Just fine.
Seriously?

Speaking of alliances, how does a NATO ally like Turkey trust us when we're supporting Kurdish extremists carrying out terrorist attacks within their borders? Such an arrangement is necessarily temporary. These Kurdish groups are not good people. We have no common interests with them other than defeating ISIS. They were well aware of the possibility that we'd withdraw, and they've prepared for it.
quash
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Just fine.
Seriously?

Speaking of alliances, how does a NATO ally like Turkey trust us when we're supporting Kurdish extremists carrying out terrorist attacks within their borders? Such an arrangement is necessarily temporary. These Kurdish groups are not good people. We have no common interests with them other than defeating ISIS. They were well aware of the possibility that we'd withdraw, and they've prepared for it.
You take it up with NATO. Trump did not.

Unilateral action like this damages our ability to act for peace in the future.
fadskier

For those of you "upset" about Ukraine...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bombshell-audio-email-evidence-shows-dnc-colluded-with-ukraine-to-boost-hillary-by-harming-trump-report-says
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
quash
fadskier said:

For those of you upset about Ukraine...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/bombshell-audio-email-evidence-shows-dnc-colluded-with-ukraine-to-boost-hillary-by-harming-trump-report-says
What public funds were dangled?

FIFM.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Just fine.
Seriously?

Would you go to war with Russia over Latvia or Estonia?

Article Five of the treaty states that if an armed attack occurs against one of the member states, it shall be considered an attack against all members, and other members shall assist the attacked member, with armed forces if necessary.
fadskier
quash said:

fadskier said:

FIFM.
Not sure, does that matter? No public funds were dangled with Trump either...but is trying to get dirt on an opponent legal or not?
GrowlTowel
BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

GrowlTowel said:

Pucker up buttercup.

Yes, I do. Strange that you do not.

Tell your people to vote for the inquiry. Without it, there is no subpoena power.

#hoax
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
curtpenn
Waco1947 said:

BBL is right "You got some hatred in your heart man. You need to let it go.

Our country deserves better."
Our country deserves patriots and citizens not your 'Christian' greed.
At some point, your moronic comments will cease to amaze; but, not there yet. Congrats on such an incredible skill.
fadskier
Trump asks Ukraine to investigate election meddling and the withholding of funds from the previous Vice-President who got a prosecutor fired because he was investigate corruption, and the left goes nuts...
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Just fine.
Seriously?

Article Five of the treaty states that if an armed attack occurs against one of the member states, it shall be considered an attack against all members, and other members shall assist the attacked member, with armed forces if necessary.
And that is where diplomacy comes in. This was not diplomatic.
HuMcK
fadskier said:

Trump asks Ukraine to investigate election meddling and the withholding of funds from the previous Vice-President who got a prosecutor fired because he was investigate corruption, and the left goes nuts...

You just gonna pretend like Trump didn't mention Biden specifically on the call? Not to mention the reams of evidence, both circumstantial and documentary, that the defense funds were specifically withheld (which your comment also conveniently ignores) to coerce Ukraine into investigating Biden. And it's a flat out lie to say that Biden (actually the US and EU, Biden was just a messenger) wanted Shokin gone because he was investigating Biden's son, but most of Trump's narratives are built on outright lies so I'm not surprised by that anymore.

What you're doing is deliberately misleading and leaving out key facts to advocate for your propaganda narrative in support of Trump. That may fly in an echo chamber like this one, but it doesn't change any of the facts we know already, and polls show it isn't working on the general public either.
quash
fadskier said:

quash said:

fadskier said:

FIFM.
Not sure, does that matter? No public funds were dangled with Trump either...but is trying to get dirt on an opponent legal or not?
Yes it matters, it is the key distinction. Trump did, in fact, dangle public funds.
As I have already said, it is not illegal to get dirt on an opponent. I think it is a violation of campaign finance laws to use public funds to obtain that dirt.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Just fine.
Seriously?

I know you like history. See how WW1 started. Look at Complexity Theory.

NATO makes us interconnected with a complex, fragile part of the world when a president who won't take advice is in charge.

I wouldn't go to thermonuclear war for any European country
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Just fine.
Seriously?

I know you like history. See how WW1 started. Look at Complexity Theory.

NATO makes us interconnected with a complex, fragile part of the world when a president who won't take advice is in charge.

I wouldn't go to thermonuclear war for any European country
Entangling alliances are one thing. Unilateral tectonic shifts in policy only contribute to complexity.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.