So... at what point do Republicans realize Trump is bad at this?

106,143 Views | 1438 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
fadskier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Eric L. Robinson, a former U.S. intelligence official who worked on anti-ISIS strategy at the National Counterterrorism Center, calls the fact that the SDF was forced to seek Assad's protection in Syria a counterintelligence "nightmare." He worried, in a Twitter post this week, that "given years of SDF exposure" to U.S. special-operations forces and intelligence, it would "be forced to give up TTPs [tactics, techniques, and procedures], names, locations, etc. What a coup for the Russian intelligence servicesfive years of history regarding the elite forces of NATO."The Atlantic
I'm curious. If you are all about love, how do you show love to Trump and his supporters? I'm not seeing it anywhere on this board. I'm seeing judgment and negativity.

It was a typo.

And are you serious? Are you REALLY serious? Are you so emotionally unintelligent that you can't discern the difference between our anger at the situation/ you who would try to explain it all away and hatred?

I don't hate the President. I don't hate you. I'm frustrated because he's ruining our nation's standing in the world and making it less safe. I'm angry that he's becoming more and more belligerent and brazen (G-7 at a horrible site, anyone?). And I'm beyond disappointed with you who would excuse ANY action he does despite the evidence to the contrary.

Or do you still think it was a "perfect phone call?"
I don't know the definition of a perfect phone call. I only know that the Trump phone call with Ukraine doesn't bother me because there's nothing wrong with it. But then again, I don't have TDS.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
BrooksBearLives
fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Eric L. Robinson, a former U.S. intelligence official who worked on anti-ISIS strategy at the National Counterterrorism Center, calls the fact that the SDF was forced to seek Assad's protection in Syria a counterintelligence "nightmare." He worried, in a Twitter post this week, that "given years of SDF exposure" to U.S. special-operations forces and intelligence, it would "be forced to give up TTPs [tactics, techniques, and procedures], names, locations, etc. What a coup for the Russian intelligence servicesfive years of history regarding the elite forces of NATO."The Atlantic
I'm curious. If you are all about love, how do you show love to Trump and his supporters? I'm not seeing it anywhere on this board. I'm seeing judgment and negativity.

It was a typo.

And are you serious? Are you REALLY serious? Are you so emotionally unintelligent that you can't discern the difference between our anger at the situation/ you who would try to explain it all away and hatred?

I don't hate the President. I don't hate you. I'm frustrated because he's ruining our nation's standing in the world and making it less safe. I'm angry that he's becoming more and more belligerent and brazen (G-7 at a horrible site, anyone?). And I'm beyond disappointed with you who would excuse ANY action he does despite the evidence to the contrary.

I don't know the definition of a perfect phone call. I only know that the Trump phone call with Ukraine doesn't bother me because there's nothing wrong with it. But then again, I don't have TDS.

It was Quid Pro Quo. It was the President specifically using the power of the United States to help him win an election. That is the DEFINITION of what the Founding Fathers were against.

If this isn't wrong, then nothing is.

What is your line? Simple question.

What can the President do to lose your support?
Sam Lowry
fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

But then again, I don't have TDS.
You don't, hmm? How convenient for the Russians.

#fadskier #russianassets
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

For starters? Something at least half as bad as deploying the DOJ against his successor.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

For starters? Something at least half as bad as deploying the DOJ against his successor.

So... if that's true.... you're okay with the DOJ persecution of Hillary?
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

I've always given politicians a fair bit of leeway on non-substantive issues. I was never part of the "lock her up" chorus. I think Comey rewrote the law to justify not prosecuting Hillary, but I said at the time that the decision not to prosecute wasn't necessarily wrong in itself. Prosecuting would have involved not only a presidential candidate but also a sitting president, since Obama was party to some of the emails. I don't think that's worth destroying an administration. Other things like IRSgate were more serious, but that's another issue.

There was also nothing wrong with Obama investigating Russian contacts with the Trump campaign. In fact it was his duty to do so. The problem is that he used the investigation as a pretext to spy and, even worse, that he used leaks, unmasking, and other tactics to undermine his successor regardless of the outcome of the investigation. The implications of that are enormous. It's one thing for Trump to dig up dirt on Biden during a campaign, or for Hillary to commission the Steele dossier. For a president to sabotage another president is a whole different matter.

Candidates are supposed to campaign against each other. Duly elected presidents are not.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

I've always given politicians a fair bit of leeway on non-substantive issues. I was never part of the "lock her up" chorus. I think Comey rewrote the law to justify not prosecuting Hillary, but I said at the time that the decision not to prosecute wasn't necessarily wrong in itself. Prosecuting would have involved not only a presidential candidate but also a sitting president, since Obama was party to some of the emails. I don't think that's worth destroying an administration. Other things like IRSgate were more serious, but that's another issue.

There was also nothing wrong with Obama investigating Russian contacts with the Trump campaign. In fact it was his duty to do so. The problem is that he used the investigation as a pretext to spy and, even worse, that he used leaks, unmasking, and other tactics to undermine his successor regardless of the outcome of the investigation. The implications of that are enormous. It's one thing for Trump to dig up dirt on Biden during a campaign, or for Hillary to commission the Steele dossier. For a president to sabotage another president is a whole different matter.

Candidates are supposed to campaign against each other. Duly elected presidents are not.

This is not true. He didn't use it as a pretext to spy. He didn't order any of that.

When it was brought to him, Obama brought it to McConnell and MITCH played politics with it. This is verifiable.

Trump directs the DOJ and FBI. Obama did the opposite. He respected the apolitical ethos of both departments. This has been documented again. And again. And again.

Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

This is not true. He didn't use it as a pretext to spy. He didn't order any of that.

When it was brought to him, Obama brought it to McConnell and MITCH played politics with it. This is verifiable.

Trump directs the DOJ and FBI. Obama did the opposite. He respected the apolitical ethos of both departments. This has been documented again. And again. And again.

Every president directs the DOJ - not absolutely, but at least in terms of policies and priorities. That's part of their job.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

Every president directs the DOJ - not absolutely, but at least in terms of policies and priorities. That's part of their job.

There's direct, and then there's "doing the bidding of."

Eric Holder never went to foreign countries to ask them to discredit American intelligence agencies.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/trump-mueller-barr-australia/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

Eric Holder never went to foreign countries to ask them to discredit American intelligence agencies.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/trump-mueller-barr-australia/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Well, he should have. Our intelligence agencies have been creating one **** show after another since Rumsfeld said to sweep it all up.
GrowlTowel
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

Maybe. But he did give them guns to kill Boarder Patrol agents.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

Well, he should have. Our intelligence agencies have been creating one **** show after another since Rumsfeld said to sweep it all up.

How patriotic of you.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

How patriotic of you.
Since when does patriotism mean loyalty to the CIA? These agencies are supposed to work for America, not the other way around. You're making the same arguments that Bush and his cronies used to justify endless war.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

How patriotic of you.
Since when does patriotism mean loyalty to the CIA? These agencies are supposed to work for America, not the other way around. You're making the same arguments that Bush and his cronies used to justify endless war.

I just remember when it wasn't cool to **** on our own people doing dangerous things and serving their country.
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

How patriotic of you.

I just remember when it wasn't cool to **** on our own people doing dangerous things and serving their country.

You're 30 dip****

You remember nothing!
Aliceinbubbleland
BrooksBearLives,

A few pages back I asked who you were supporting in the 2020 election but I didn't see a response. Again, who?
BrooksBearLives
Aliceinbubbleland said:

BrooksBearLives,

A few pages back I asked who you were supporting in the 2020 election but I didn't see a response. Again, who?

I will be supporting whomever has the best bet to beat Trump. I really like Buttigieg (so I read his book this summer). I think warren is Brilliant. I really like Corey Booker's message as well.
The_barBEARian
Well if the alternative to Trump is going to be Elizabeth Warren... then he could shoot someone in Times Square and I would still vote for him. The only. ONLY. decent democrat who could attract disaffected republicans and independents is Tulsi Gabbard. And they are now calling her a Russian asset! It is so laughable! Every decent, normal, patriotic American has left the democrat party.... the only ones left in the democrat party are those who hate America and our way of life and the mentally ill.
The_barBEARian
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

It was Quid Pro Quo. It was the President specifically using the power of the United States to help him win an election. That is the DEFINITION of what the Founding Fathers were against.

You do realize this "controversy" started with Joe Biden, the leading candidate of the democrats, doing THE EXACT SAME THING! By refusing to send money to Ukraine unless they fired a prosecutor who was going to charge his son.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

How patriotic of you.

What about the people who lost their lives on Bush's WMD goose chase...do you remember them? I knew some of them personally. I honor their patriotism by insisting that we not repeat the mistake.

If Hillary were president, she'd be pushing regime change in Syria. You have a right to your opinion. I'm not going to say you're an idiot or a bad person if you disagree. But I have reasons for my opinions too. War is not always the answer.
Florda_mike
The_barBEARian said:

.... the only ones left in the democrat party are those who hate America and our way of life and the mentally ill.

Describes BBL
BrooksBearLives
The_barBEARian said:

Well if the alternative to Trump is going to be Elizabeth Warren... then he could shoot someone in Times Square and I would still vote for him. The only. ONLY. decent democrat who could attract disaffected republicans and independents is Tulsi Gabbard. And they are now calling her a Russian asset! It is so laughable! Every decent, normal, patriotic American has left the democrat party.... the only ones left in the democrat party are those who hate America and our way of life and the mentally ill.

So let me sum up your stances.

You would support someone who murdered a person in the street if they keep your taxes low.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

How patriotic of you.

What about the people who lost their lives on Bush's WMD goose chase...do you remember them? I knew some of them personally. I honor their patriotism by insisting that we not repeat the mistake.

If Hillary were president, she'd be pushing regime change in Syria. You have a right to your opinion. I'm not going to say you're an idiot or a bad person if you disagree. But I have reasons for my opinions too. War is not always the answer.

First, it wasn't intelligence fault for the WMD disaster. That was John Bolton's and Rumsfeld's. They cherry-picked the data. Even Bush has admitted as much. Powell has as well.

But no one is saying intelligence is perfect.

But is there space between saying "they aren't perfect" and taking a dump on them in public?

I just remember when it wasn't cool to take a **** on someone willing to do the work to try and keep our country safe.

But then again, you support Trump. So we know your morals are more.... circumstantial.
BrooksBearLives
The_barBEARian said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

You do realize this "controversy" started with Joe Biden, the leading candidate of the democrats, doing THE EXACT SAME THING! By refusing to send money to Ukraine unless they fired a prosecutor who was going to charge his son.

Holy ***** That ISNT what happened. At all.

Biden was carrying out policy demands on behalf of the US and world governments. The prosecutor who was fired was fired because he WASNT prosecuting people.

Seriously. Look it up.

If Hunter Biden WAS doing something illegal, Joe Biden's actions would have put him in MORE danger. Not less.

Seriously. Even that prosecutor has come out and said Hunter Biden didn't do anything wrong.
The_barBEARian
BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

Seriously. Even that prosecutor was paid to come out and say Hunter Biden didn't do anything wrong.
Fixed it for you.
BrooksBearLives
The_barBEARian said:

BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

Seriously. Even that prosecutor was paid to come out and say Hunter Biden didn't do anything wrong.
Fixed it for you.

Surely you have proof of that accusation.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

It was a typo.

How patriotic of you.

Hey. Remember when you were so proud of all the "troops coming home from endless wars?"

Yeah. Maybe spend less time ****ting on our forces and more time paying attention.

The_barBEARian
Less taxes, small government, and most important preserving American values and traditions.. what few of them are left at this point. Rampant globalism... and I admit rampant capitalism... has destroyed this country. But I dont trust the life-long government bureaucrats to not be corrupt and to actually make choices that are in my best interest. I'd rather let Bezos become the world's first trillionaire. He will make better choices with his own money and would ultimately do more to help me than Elizabeth Warren, who would actually hurt my interests.
BrooksBearLives
The_barBEARian said:

Less taxes, small government, and most important preserving American values and traditions.. what few of them are left at this point. Rampant globalism... and I admit rampant capitalism... has destroyed this country. But I dont trust the life-long government bureaucrats to not be corrupt and to actually make choices that are in my best interest. I'd rather let Bezos become the world's first trillionaire. He will make better choices with his own money and would ultimately do more to help me than Elizabeth Warren, who would actually hurt my interests.

The best economy we have ever had came after World War II when the top marginal tax rate was 90%+ and a quarter of the country worked for the government.

Life is just a little more complex than you think it is.
The_barBEARian
Good for them... but we live in 2019. America is not a vast frontier of open spaces and untapped potential. A lot had changed in the last 100 years. Also, not even the Rockafeller's were paying that crazy tax rate you through out there... they had a million different tax write-offs and exemptions that we dont get today.
GoneGirl
BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Holy ***** That ISNT what happened. At all.

Biden was carrying out policy demands on behalf of the US and world governments. The prosecutor who was fired was fired because he WASNT prosecuting people.

Seriously. Look it up.

If Hunter Biden WAS doing something illegal, Joe Biden's actions would have put him in MORE danger. Not less.

Seriously. Even that prosecutor has come out and said Hunter Biden didn't do anything wrong.
At least now we know what the RWNJ "Trump inerrancy" narrative is, designed to either justify Trump's "perfect" phone call or deflect from it (Trump's favorite strategy is to accuse someone else of doing what he know he did and try to fling the blame and focus off on them, and it's been working really well with credulous, incurious Trump supporters who don't care if what Trump does is illegal or even treasonous or even risky to our national security, undermining our military and intelligence forces (because Trump says they're 'deep state,' so they're no longer viewed as the global asset they're historically been for U.S. policy makers), and eliminating the bench strength of our foreign service corps around the globe (making travel outside of our borders more risky) as long as their taxes stay low and there's a lot of gratuitious rhetoric about walls to keep brown people from "****hole countries" they can snicker about) and pro-life rhetoric.

Trump's like former LA gov. Edwin Edwards. The only way his supporters will lose faith is if he's found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy. And the dead girl might not be enough.
The_barBEARian
MAGA 2020! Feel free to move to one of the ****hole countries since you seem so enamored with them. You people have done enough damage to this country.
BrooksBearLives
The_barBEARian said:

Good for them... but we live in 2019. America is not a vast frontier of open spaces and untapped potential. A lot had changed in the last 100 years. Also, not even the Rockafeller's were paying that crazy tax rate you through out there... they had a million different tax write-offs and exemptions that we dont get today.

Yeah. That's a weird justification.

"We don't want high taxes because it hurts the economy and rich people don't really pay them anyway."

How can it be bad for the economy if it doesn't matter?

You should sit this one out for a while. Gather your thoughts.
BrooksBearLives
The_barBEARian said:

MAGA 2020! Feel free to move to one of the ****hole countries since you seem so enamored with them. You people have done enough damage to this country.

Go to another ****hole country? Why? We're like 3 Trump re-elects from being able to stay in a NEW ****hole country without moving a thing.
The_barBEARian
Also a quarter of all Americans were not working for the government. They were working in private industry which had been requisitioned for the war effort. But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.