So... at what point do Republicans realize Trump is bad at this?

106,138 Views | 1438 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

Jinx 2 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Waco1947 said:

Impeachment done right respects the Constitution. I am in no rush. Are you?
Yes. Get the GD thing over with and move on. The drip drip drip is hopefully going to backfire if they refuse to conduct business necessary to run a government.

I get why Trump fans would want this over quick and clean, but surely you understand why Dems (and the voters who gave them the House) are in no mood for that, right? If Pelosi is smart, the House will methodically investigate every offense Trump is accused of since his term started, then she will present all of that info to the public as loudly as possible and force Senators to go on record voting to support Trump against impeachment sometime around next summer at the earliest. Even better if it goes to October. Pelosi has to know Trump won't be removed by a GOP Senate for anything whatsoever, so why not use the process as a weapon against those same GOP Senators?

If Trump is lucky, he may get some cooperation from Dems on the USMCA/NAFTA 2.0, but outside of that I'd say don't expect much.

Exactly. As you say above, impeachment, in this case, is about politics and not much else.

Wait. What is the "else" you wish it was about?

I'm asking because.... these are politicians. Everything is political. Weird, meaningless statement. Impeachment is LITERALLY politics by its very nature.
BBL, 40 pages and the obvious answer is the Republicans are never going to admit Trump is bad at this (at least, not in the present--10 years from now, things will be different; no one pretends now that there really were WMDs in Iraq).

This reminds me of that "dilemma" scenario where you see a train coming and it's about to hit a group of people. You know you can stop the train, and save many lives, by pushing one very fat man in front of the train. What do you do?

The Republicans can't bring themselves to push the fat man, even though they're gotten most of what they wanted, because then they'll lose the next election for sure. They're going to watch the train wreck and blame Democrats for not pushing the fat man hard enough and fast enough to stop it. That may work out for them. The Biblical/Trump inerrancy folks on this site will buy it.

True. Same with Obama and Clinton. And may have God had mercy on our souls had the most deplorable been elected president.

Pucker up buttercup. Fat man going to run rail AOC style over everyone of your abortion climate change pipe dreams.

Damn if feels good to be a gangster.

You're kind of hateful.

Sad.

You're kind of gay

Sad
curtpenn
BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

Jinx 2 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Waco1947 said:

Yes. Get the GD thing over with and move on. The drip drip drip is hopefully going to backfire if they refuse to conduct business necessary to run a government.

I get why Trump fans would want this over quick and clean, but surely you understand why Dems (and the voters who gave them the House) are in no mood for that, right? If Pelosi is smart, the House will methodically investigate every offense Trump is accused of since his term started, then she will present all of that info to the public as loudly as possible and force Senators to go on record voting to support Trump against impeachment sometime around next summer at the earliest. Even better if it goes to October. Pelosi has to know Trump won't be removed by a GOP Senate for anything whatsoever, so why not use the process as a weapon against those same GOP Senators?

If Trump is lucky, he may get some cooperation from Dems on the USMCA/NAFTA 2.0, but outside of that I'd say don't expect much.

Exactly. As you say above, impeachment, in this case, is about politics and not much else.

I'm asking because.... these are politicians. Everything is political. Weird, meaningless statement. Impeachment is LITERALLY politics by its very nature.
BBL, 40 pages and the obvious answer is the Republicans are never going to admit Trump is bad at this (at least, not in the present--10 years from now, things will be different; no one pretends now that there really were WMDs in Iraq).

This reminds me of that "dilemma" scenario where you see a train coming and it's about to hit a group of people. You know you can stop the train, and save many lives, by pushing one very fat man in front of the train. What do you do?

The Republicans can't bring themselves to push the fat man, even though they're gotten most of what they wanted, because then they'll lose the next election for sure. They're going to watch the train wreck and blame Democrats for not pushing the fat man hard enough and fast enough to stop it. That may work out for them. The Biblical/Trump inerrancy folks on this site will buy it.

True. Same with Obama and Clinton. And may have God had mercy on our souls had the most deplorable been elected president.

Pucker up buttercup. Fat man going to run rail AOC style over everyone of your abortion climate change pipe dreams.

You're kind of hateful.

Sad.
It must hurt ever so much to labeled "hateful" by pinheads...lol.
D. C. Bear
Florda_mike said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

Jinx 2 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Waco1947 said:

You're kind of hateful.

Sad.

You're kind of gay

Sad

When did trading juvenile insults become a good debate strategy?
curtpenn
D. C. Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

Jinx 2 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Waco1947 said:

You're kind of hateful.

Sad.

You're kind of gay

Sad

Not much point in debating some (most?) people. I've spent way too much time over the years attempting to use facts and logic, but have come to understand they are of limited use. Hats off to those who still make the effort, though.
Florda_mike
curtpenn said:

D. C. Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

BrooksBearLives said:

GrowlTowel said:

Jinx 2 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

HuMcK said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

Waco1947 said:

You're kind of hateful.

Sad.

You're kind of gay

Sad

Not much point in debating some (most?) people. I've spent way too much time over the years attempting to use facts and logic, but have come to understand they are of limited use. Hats off to those who still make the effort, though.

Yeah good luck with facts effecting the opine of one Brooks Bear Lives

Never seen any facts matter to him but his own
BrooksBearLives
Let's check back in on Iran and our TOTALLY COMPETENT President's PERFECT handling of the situation.

curtpenn
BrooksBearLives said:

Let's check back in on Iran and our TOTALLY COMPETENT President's PERFECT handling of the situation.

Whatevs...

There are no right answers in the part of the world, as far as I know.

"A strange game.
The only winning move
is not to play." - War Games

Although, this has some level of appeal:

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure". - Aliens
BrooksBearLives
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

No right answers? I can agree with that. Maybe "best" answers are the best we can hope for.

But there are CERTAINLY "bad" answers.

Dropping the nuclear deal has been an unmitigated disaster.
curtpenn
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

No right answers? I can agree with that. Maybe "best" answers are the best we can hope for.

No way to say definitively that "dropping the nuclear deal has been an unmitigated disaster". Check back 50-100 years - lol.

Grew up in San Antonio and I'm old enough to remember seeing Iranians there for military training. Things change.

Shia Persians, Sunni Arabs, Alawite Syrian minority unwilling to give up power, the House of Saud co-opted by Wahabbism, Turks with Ottoman memories, Kurds et al wanting their own piece of the pie, with Israel stuck in the middle. Just say no.

Worth reading:

https://www.amazon.com/Into-Land-Bones-Alexander-Afghanistan/dp/0520274326/ref=sr_1_1?crid=8W33OE7QBC6P&keywords=into+the+land+of+bones+alexander+the+great+in+afghanistan&qid=1572378357&sprefix=alexander+in+afghanistan%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-1
BrooksBearLives
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

No way to say definitively that "dropping the nuclear deal has been an unmitigated disaster". Check back 50-100 years - lol.

Grew up in San Antonio and I'm old enough to remember seeing Iranians there for military training. Things change.

Shia Persians, Sunni Arabs, Alawite Syrian minority unwilling to give up power, the House of Saud co-opted by Wahabbism, Turks with Ottoman memories, Kurds et al wanting their own piece of the pie, with Israel stuck in the middle. Just say no.

Worth reading:

https://www.amazon.com/Into-Land-Bones-Alexander-Afghanistan/dp/0520274326/ref=sr_1_1?crid=8W33OE7QBC6P&keywords=into+the+land+of+bones+alexander+the+great+in+afghanistan&qid=1572378357&sprefix=alexander+in+afghanistan%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-1

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about?

Do you just not know a lot about the Iran Nuclear deal? Fact or fiction: Iran was compliant before WE dropped out (cancelled it) of the plan?

Fact or fiction: things are better or worse with Iran right now?

Fact or fiction: Iran is closer to a nuke NOW than it was before?

This is a complete disaster. Our President just dropped it because it was an accomplishment of Obama's and he's a petty little man.
fadskier
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Do you just not know a lot about the Iran Nuclear deal? Fact or fiction: Iran was compliant before WE dropped out (cancelled it) of the plan?

This is a complete disaster. Our President just dropped it because it was an accomplishment of Obama's and he's a petty little man.
Ok, waco, ok.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
curtpenn
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Simply saying you make many assertions that cannot be accurately evaluated in the near term. The law of unintended consequences is a *****. Further, you speak of Iran as if it is some monolithic entity. That just isn't the case. But I get it; real world complexity doesn't play well with your TDS.
BrooksBearLives
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Simply saying you make many assertions that cannot be accurately evaluated in the near term. The law of unintended consequences is a *****. Further, you speak of Iran as if it is some monolithic entity. That just isn't the case. But I get it; real world complexity doesn't play well with your TDS.

So... you're not going to answer any of my questions, then?
curtpenn
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

No. Pearls before swine, amigo. You good with that?
GrowlTowel
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

I have him on block. No clue what he quotes to me.

I only talk with people that believe in less than 17 genders. Call me bigoted but that is just what I believe with a BU biology degree. Took ecology too which is why I don't believe in woman made change.

Think about it. . . Which gender is constantly telling you she is hot or cold?
BrooksBearLives
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

It's strange to see someone embrace ignorance like this.

Whatever keeps your little heart feeling safe, I guess. Be good, fella. Enjoy your wittle cocoon of no one scaring you with cognitive dissonance.
curtpenn
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Whatever keeps your little heart feeling safe, I guess. Be good, fella. Enjoy your wittle cocoon of no one scaring you with cognitive dissonance.
Nah, bro. Just struggling to keep pointing our your stupidity to the level of sport/fun rather than making it a full time job. So sorry TDS has overtaken your critical reasoning skills. You should seek professional help. For starters, you might revisit the stories of Chicken Little and the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf since fairy tales seem appropriate for you.
BrooksBearLives
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Nah, bro. Just struggling to keep pointing our your stupidity to the level of sport/fun rather than making it a full time job. So sorry TDS has overtaken your critical reasoning skills. You should seek professional help. For starters, you might revisit the stories of Chicken Little and the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf since fairy tales seem appropriate for you.

Lol. "Boy who cried wolf" when the President is getting impeached.

Gotcha, Tiger.
curtpenn
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Gotcha, Tiger.
A process which merely speaks to the idiocracy of the left (as if we needed further confirmation). Bring it, betaboy.
fadskier
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Ok, waco.
BrooksBearLives
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Gotcha, Tiger.
A process which merely speaks to the idiocracy of the left (as if we needed further confirmation). Bring it, betaboy.

Oh come on. There's going to be a vote. You're going to lose it.

Then what will your argument be?

Call names all you want. I let the facts speak.
BrooksBearLives
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Gotcha, Tiger.

FYI.

Even your perfect, genius President is moving on.

Get the net, homie.

fadskier
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Gotcha, Tiger.

FYI.

Even your perfect, genius President is moving on.

Get the net, homie.

Ok, waco
Florda_mike
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Gotcha, Tiger.

BBL = Beta Boy Lives(Lies?)
curtpenn
Florda_mike said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Gotcha, Tiger.

And throws his little Nancy boy hissy fits when confronted with responses in kind. So predictable. Personification of Thee's pencil-necked juice boxers. At least has some value as comic relief.
Florda_mike
curtpenn said:

Florda_mike said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Gotcha, Tiger.

And throws his little Nancy boy hissy fits when confronted with responses in kind. So predictable. Personification of Thee's pencil-necked juice boxers. At least has some value as comic relief.

I put him on ignore

That's great until we quote him
cinque
BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Is it too early to tell him Trump has been trying to put a similar deal together again?
Make Racism Wrong Again
curtpenn
cinque said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Is it too early to tell him Trump has been trying to put a similar deal together again?

I get that reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points, but let me try again; my point was whatever we do In Iran is likely to be problematic with consequences we cannot foresee. We've screwed around there way too much since orchestrating Mossadegh's ouster in 1953, imho.
cinque
curtpenn said:

cinque said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

I get that reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points, but let me try again; my point was whatever we do In Iran is likely to be problematic with consequences we cannot foresee. We've screwed around there way too much since orchestrating Mossadegh's ouster in 1953, imho.
Yeah, yeah, I know all about us propping up the Shah. Has nothing to do with Trump blowing up a multi national deal Iran that was working.
Make Racism Wrong Again
Florda_mike
cinque said:

curtpenn said:

cinque said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Yeah, yeah, I know all about us propping up the Shah. Has nothing to do with Trump blowing up a multi national deal Iran that was working.

Someone stole Cinque's keyboard

Too coherent
quash
Florda_mike said:

cinque said:

curtpenn said:

cinque said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Too coherent

You've still got yours. Plainly.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
BrooksBearLives
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

cinque said:

curtpenn said:

cinque said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

UghLet's check back in on Iran and our TOTALLY COMPETENT President's PERFECT handling of the situation.

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Too coherent

Ugh. Don't quote him. He's too ****ing stupid to bother with.

Just ignore him like his kids do.
bearassnekkid
BrooksBearLives said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

cinque said:

curtpenn said:

cinque said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

UghLet's check back in on Iran and our TOTALLY COMPETENT President's PERFECT handling of the situation.

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Too coherent

I thought calling someone stupid (or even implying it) was, like, the worst thing someone could ever do? Also, I see you're back to your favorite ad hom of making claims about people's families that you don't know. Super effective. Makes people take you way more seriously.
BrooksBearLives
bearassnekkid said:

BrooksBearLives said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

cinque said:

curtpenn said:

cinque said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Too coherent

I thought calling someone stupid (or even implying it) was, like, the worst thing someone could ever do? Also, I see you're back to your favorite ad hom of making claims about people's families that you don't know. Super effective. Makes people take you way more seriously.

You're kidding, right?

Coming from you? I've blocked Florda because of the absolutely disgusting things he's said to me, he follows me around saying things no one deserves.

I make one comment and you see fit to try and make a moral judgement? Go **** yourself. You have no idea the actual threats I get here because I dare to disagree with people.

Do I hit my marks? No. I don't always hit my own standards. But at least I have them and at least I try and at least I do feel a little shame when I don't.
DioNoZeus
Florda_mike said:

curtpenn said:

Florda_mike said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Whatevs...

"A strange game.
The only winning move

Worth reading:

Gotcha, Tiger.

I put him on ignore

That's great until we quote him
This is especially rich considering how you've been stalking his posts and replying with insults for months, even after he has told you multiple times that he has you on ignore. Looks like you're suffering from full blown BBLDS...
This place is toxic. Unsubscribing

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.