So... at what point do Republicans realize Trump is bad at this?

106,084 Views | 1438 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
bearassnekkid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

BBL "Your ability to justify your own tribalism is feckless and disgusting.

You aren't pro-life. There is NO scenario where we benefit from not keeping our word to our allies. Not ONE. Our allies trust us less. Our enemies profit off our lack of fortitude.

You are disgusting. "
Sam you are sad. FM beyond hope.
HOLY ***** DO YOU NOT SEE THE LITTLE QUOTATION MARKS AT THE BOTTOM OF A POST?

And if you want to put something in a quote box within your post, there is a little thought bubble icon at the top of your reply box (under the emojis and right next to the font icons). Please, for the love of everything holy, figure this out

Huh? Remember according the FM I'm the village idiot. So huh? Figure out what "You're disgusting?"
That's better. Keep it up. You've only been asked about three thousand times.
bearassnekkid
BrooksBearLives said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

You aren't pro-life. There is NO scenario where we benefit from not keeping our word to our allies. Not ONE. Our allies trust us less. Our enemies profit off our lack of fortitude.

You are disgusting. "

And if you want to put something in a quote box within your post, there is a little thought bubble icon at the top of your reply box (under the emojis and right next to the font icons). Please, for the love of everything holy, figure this out

You get mad about the wrong things.
Thanks for the input. It is a pet peeve since it's been brought up ad nauseum and he can't seem to figure it out. I offered to take him to lunch and sit down with him and show him how it works.

And for what it's worth, I agree with you in principal about the Kurds.
GrowlTowel
See. Four posts in a row. Guy is nuts.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

Jinx 2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Axios is reporting 950 ISIS fighters escape yesterday thanks for Turkish bombing of a Kurd city in Syria.

Where is YOUR line?

https://www.axios.com/isis-detainees-northern-syria-turkey-kurdish-ec58db13-93c0-4c9c-8158-6d4b8dbb6e9c.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic
Sounds like a lot of bad stuff is happening.

What action do you recommend?

This isn't that complicated, all we had to do was stay put and not fck the Kurds. Notheast syria was in relative peace because the Kurds did the heavy lifting of defeating ISIS, that peace is now broken because we deliberately got out of the way and let it happen.

I already told you what we should have done in the comment you quoted. The orange messiah is the one who screwed that up by rolling over so easily for Erdogan, and now things are happening that can't be undone. We could (we won't) sanction the sht out of Turkey like the administration has been threatening to do, but I get the sense that's just rhetorical cover without any intention of follow-through, because they know screwing the Kurds was a bad look to the voting public. But hey, Putin and Erdogan are pretty happy about this, and that's probably good enough for Trump.
Not seeing any non-rhetorical action for this next week. Sanctions against Turkey?
If we really wanted to play hardball, we would move to set up an independent Kurdistan, and then transfer our nukes to that new nation from Turkey.
The Kurds are basically Antifa with guns...
This is just pathetic. Shame on you. Because I know you are capable of so much more than this, it is sad to see you lower yourself to the level of posters who write things like this because they just don't know any better. Apparently, some conservatives have their own version of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
I'm capable of reading about Kurdish militia groups and their ideology. Maybe you should do the same.

Go. ****. Yourself.

Your ability to justify your own tribalism is feckless and disgusting.

You are disgusting.
This is disappointing. I thought we were having a civil discussion.

The civil discussion ended when you endorsed genocide.
I endorsed withdrawal from Syria. Emote all you want, but try not to lie.

And as for the thousands of Turks who've been killed by Kurdish terrorists? Are you unaware, or do you just feel you've feigned enough outrage for one day?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Hate to interrupt the discussion about the Kurds, but BrooksBear, you never answered me about the three confirmed times Trump met those guys.
Florda_mike
Waco1947 said:

You are disgusting. "

And obama was so good to our allies wasn't he?

You're a joke

Put down your keyboard for the benefit of all you lame brain
Waco1947
The President is an inept foreign policy leader. He is hurting us among allies and aiding Russia and Iran with his ill advised leaving of northern Syria.
And the civilian s and our troops? In harms way. Pray for them.
YoakDaddy
Waco1947 said:

The President is an inept foreign policy leader. He is hurting us among allies and aiding Russia and Iran with his ill advised leaving of northern Syria.
And the civilian s and our troops? In harms way. Pray for them.

Dam you're stupid. Not putting our troops in harms way is what the establishment is bltching about...not sending troops to help the Maoist Kurds. And Iran is screwed because Sunni refugees are being put back so there's no direct land link to the Shias in Lebanon.
quash
GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

Jinx 2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Axios is reporting 950 ISIS fighters escape yesterday thanks for Turkish bombing of a Kurd city in Syria.

Where is YOUR line?

https://www.axios.com/isis-detainees-northern-syria-turkey-kurdish-ec58db13-93c0-4c9c-8158-6d4b8dbb6e9c.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

This isn't that complicated, all we had to do was stay put and not fck the Kurds. Notheast syria was in relative peace because the Kurds did the heavy lifting of defeating ISIS, that peace is now broken because we deliberately got out of the way and let it happen.

I already told you what we should have done in the comment you quoted. The orange messiah is the one who screwed that up by rolling over so easily for Erdogan, and now things are happening that can't be undone. We could (we won't) sanction the sht out of Turkey like the administration has been threatening to do, but I get the sense that's just rhetorical cover without any intention of follow-through, because they know screwing the Kurds was a bad look to the voting public. But hey, Putin and Erdogan are pretty happy about this, and that's probably good enough for Trump.
Not seeing any non-rhetorical action for this next week. Sanctions against Turkey?
If we really wanted to play hardball, we would move to set up an independent Kurdistan, and then transfer our nukes to that new nation from Turkey.
This is just pathetic. Shame on you. Because I know you are capable of so much more than this, it is sad to see you lower yourself to the level of posters who write things like this because they just don't know any better. Apparently, some conservatives have their own version of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
I'm capable of reading about Kurdish militia groups and their ideology. Maybe you should do the same.

Go. ****. Yourself.

You are disgusting.

Civil with BBL? Please. Guy is unhinged with TDS.
US deployments since 2106?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
It's been funny watching the libtards here act like war hawks advising on military ops

ATL Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Where is YOUR line?

That's the hollow threat the Administration has chosen to go with. Trump threatened to "destroy Turkey's economy" with sanctions if they violated some vague and undefined terms of his "agreement" with Erdogan, and Mnuchin was on the Sunday shows this morning echoing that threat (but when asked what they are waiting for he got mealy mouthed and dodged the question). To be clear this is probably just meaningless bluster from Trump, because he saw how negative the response to this move was, and he wants to mitigate the impact of that with the people who are gullible enough to believe anything he says.

Are you recommending that we set up an independent Kurdistan and arm them with nukes?

Nobody wants a proliferation of nukes. Please stop.

I would say we need to re-enter with military forces. Assuming there was some sort of agreement between Trump and Erdogan, we should enforce it through sanctions AND placement of soldiers.

Turkey doesn't want to kill our people. Should they do so, they would invite the condemnation and actions of what allies we have left.

But the BARE MINIMUM we should do is stop blocking the UN resolution condemning Turkey which only we and Russia are doing.
That was Huck's idea. You tell him to stop

your idea (at least you put forth one)
1. military intervention
2. Increase sanctions against Turkey
3. don't block UN resolution

Is this your plan?

1. Quit saying it's "military intervention" as if we weren't just in it.

There has to be at least a threat of it. Our president is a diplomatic ****up. First he gutted the state department, then he installed his cronies in there with no experience to push out the good diplomats that WERE there.

So a diplomatic solution won't be as effective as it should be.

But this idea that "oh well, nothing can be fixed" because me, a guy who isn't steeped in this can't fix it, is ****ING RIDICULOUS.
What words would you prefer? We were just there and now we are not.

I was hoping we could discuss ideas. Trump screwed it up. What do you want him to do going forward?

I would immediately be on Turkey. I would mash every button possible. I'd go full speed ahead on economic sanctions. I would lean on NATO and the UN. If they're exterminating Kurds -and they are- then perhaps they shouldn't be in NATO. I would lean on every country in the UN.

We HAVE to bring in military options because of the nukes we have in Turkey. Can't get around that.
In the land of the crazies, the strongmen need to prevail for peace. Don't like Qaddafi? Look at Libya now. Assad needs to survive, and Turkey will be important to keep Iraq madness, including the Kurds, in check. It's unpopular because it will involve brutality, but the world needs the brutal actors so the West can feign outrage at tasks they would never stoop to participate in.

And how God awful of a take is it to think about military options against a NATO partner because they are beating up on a tribal rival they've had for decades.
Osodecentx
Turkey telling its side of the argument
Erdogan editorial this morning:

Quote:

Since the Syrian civil war began in 2011, no country has felt the pain of the ensuing humanitarian crisis more severely than Turkey. We took in 3.6 million Syrian refugeesmore than any other countryand spent $40 billion to offer them education, health care and housing. Our culture of hospitality compelled us to shoulder the burden of hosting millions of war victims with very little help from the international community.
Yet at a certain point, Turkey reached its limit. My administration repeatedly warned that we would be unable to stop refugees from flooding into the West without international financial support. Those warnings fell on deaf ears as governments, eager to avoid responsibility, portrayed as a threat what was intended as a mere statement of fact.

quash
ATL Bear said:

In the land of the crazies, the strongmen need to prevail for peace. Don't like Qaddafi? Look at Libya now. Assad needs to survive, and Turkey will be important to keep Iraq madness, including the Kurds, in check. It's unpopular because it will involve brutality, but the world needs the brutal actors so the West can feign outrage at tasks they would never stoop to participate in.

And how God awful of a take is it to think about military options against a NATO partner because they are beating up on a tribal rival they've had for decades.
Who gets the 50 or so nukes in Turkey?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Osodecentx said:

Turkey telling its side of the argument
Erdogan editorial this morning:

Quote:

Since the Syrian civil war began in 2011, no country has felt the pain of the ensuing humanitarian crisis more severely than Turkey. We took in 3.6 million Syrian refugeesmore than any other countryand spent $40 billion to offer them education, health care and housing. Our culture of hospitality compelled us to shoulder the burden of hosting millions of war victims with very little help from the international community.
Yet at a certain point, Turkey reached its limit. My administration repeatedly warned that we would be unable to stop refugees from flooding into the West without international financial support. Those warnings fell on deaf ears as governments, eager to avoid responsibility, portrayed as a threat what was intended as a mere statement of fact.

Sanctions ought to make that worse.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

Jinx 2 said:

Sam Lowry said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Where is YOUR line?

Go. ****. Yourself.

You are disgusting.

The civil discussion ended when you endorsed genocide.
I endorsed withdrawal from Syria. Emote all you want, but try not to lie.

And as for the thousands of Turks who've been killed by Kurdish terrorists? Are you unaware, or do you just feel you've feigned enough outrage for one day?

I didn't kill her, officer. I just dropped her from the balcony.
ATL Bear
quash said:

ATL Bear said:

The same people that have them now, us. Or are you buying into the scare tactic to push us into another misguided military action in the region?
BrooksBearLives
ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Where is YOUR line?

That's the hollow threat the Administration has chosen to go with. Trump threatened to "destroy Turkey's economy" with sanctions if they violated some vague and undefined terms of his "agreement" with Erdogan, and Mnuchin was on the Sunday shows this morning echoing that threat (but when asked what they are waiting for he got mealy mouthed and dodged the question). To be clear this is probably just meaningless bluster from Trump, because he saw how negative the response to this move was, and he wants to mitigate the impact of that with the people who are gullible enough to believe anything he says.

Are you recommending that we set up an independent Kurdistan and arm them with nukes?

I would say we need to re-enter with military forces. Assuming there was some sort of agreement between Trump and Erdogan, we should enforce it through sanctions AND placement of soldiers.

Turkey doesn't want to kill our people. Should they do so, they would invite the condemnation and actions of what allies we have left.

But the BARE MINIMUM we should do is stop blocking the UN resolution condemning Turkey which only we and Russia are doing.

1. military intervention

Is this your plan?

There has to be at least a threat of it. Our president is a diplomatic ****up. First he gutted the state department, then he installed his cronies in there with no experience to push out the good diplomats that WERE there.

But this idea that "oh well, nothing can be fixed" because me, a guy who isn't steeped in this can't fix it, is ****ING RIDICULOUS.

I was hoping we could discuss ideas. Trump screwed it up. What do you want him to do going forward?

I would immediately be on Turkey. I would mash every button possible. I'd go full speed ahead on economic sanctions. I would lean on NATO and the UN. If they're exterminating Kurds -and they are- then perhaps they shouldn't be in NATO. I would lean on every country in the UN.

We HAVE to bring in military options because of the nukes we have in Turkey. Can't get around that.

These are rationalizations. Erdogan has moved Turkey SO FAR from the rational, operational democracy it was when they joined NATO.

They are NOT the good partners you're trying to make them out to be. Look no further than the fact they were SHELLING our soldiers to pressure them to leave.
BrooksBearLives
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

The same people that have them now, us. Or are you buying into the scare tactic to push us into another misguided military action in the region?

So you're saying Turkey can have our nukes?
ATL Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Where is YOUR line?

1. military intervention

Is this your plan?

These are rationalizations. Erdogan has moved Turkey SO FAR from the rational, operational democracy it was when they joined NATO.

They are NOT the good partners you're trying to make them out to be. Look no further than the fact they were SHELLING our soldiers to pressure them to leave.
They're a necessary partner, not a good partner. Never were a good partner if we're honest about it. We have many that fall into that category around the world. What we don't want is to get into a pointless spat over the tribal wars amongst the savages. Let them sort it out themselves and sit on the sidelines for a change.

And Syria was always an adversary and a Russian asset in the region. Why are we so interested in flipping that now, especially at the expense of US blood and treasure?
ATL Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Yes, that's exactly what I said.....
BrooksBearLives
ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

So you're cool with nuclear proliferation in the Middle East/ North Africa?
D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

I think your sarcasm meter may require calibration.
Waco1947
bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

bearassnekkid said:

Waco1947 said:

You are disgusting. "

Huh? Remember according the FM I'm the village idiot. So huh? Figure out what "You're disgusting?"
That's better. Keep it up. You've only been asked about three thousand times.
No I do not see them when at my computer.
quash
ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

No, just wondering who gets them.
BrooksBearLives
D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

I was approaching him for clarification.

Maybe if you didn't see everyone as your enemy, you'd miss out on less.
D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

I was approaching him for clarification.

Maybe if you didn't see everyone as your enemy, you'd miss out on less.
I don't see everyone as my enemy. I have told you this before, but you keep repeating it as though by repeating it you would make it true. You would do well to drop it as it makes you look like an idiot.
BusyTarpDuster2017
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Hate to interrupt the discussion about the Kurds, but BrooksBear, you never answered me about the three confirmed times Trump met those guys.
BrooksBear? Should I consider your silence as an admission you were wrong or that you flat out lied?
HuMcK
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

BrooksBear? Should I consider your silence as an admission you were wrong or that you flat out lied?

30 seconds on google tells me there are at least 2 known photos of the defendants with Trump Sr, and another photo of a private dinner between the defendants and Trump Jr. Other photos show them with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. Plus they were working with Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, hard to believe Trump wasn't at least aware of their existence.
BusyTarpDuster2017
HuMcK said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

30 seconds on google tells me there are at least 2 known photos of the defendants with Trump Sr, and another photo of a private dinner between the defendants and Trump Jr. Other photos show them with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. Plus they were working with Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, hard to believe Trump wasn't at least aware of their existence.
And 30 seconds of thinking rationally (at the most) should tell you that taking photos with someone, especially when you are a celebrity, doesn't necessarily mean you know them, and that Trump won't necessarily know everyone who his son and his lawyer associate with. The claim was made that Trump "lied" about not knowing those two guys, because he "met" with them a "confirmed" three times. I have not seen or read anything about that. Maybe you can help him out on that one. Hey, maybe Trump does know them, maybe he doesn't. But the facts you present don't necessarily prove it was a lie that Trump didn't know them.
ATL Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

You think Turkey is going to take our nukes from Incirlik? If you actually believe that, then the last thing you should be advocating is going against them, especially militarily. I happen to be rational enough to understand whether we allow them to beat up the Kurds, or we decide to be tough with them, I'm not worried about them trying to take our nukes.
Waco1947
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

HuMcK said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

And 30 seconds of thinking rationally (at the most) should tell you that taking photos with someone, especially when you are a celebrity, doesn't necessarily mean you know them, and that Trump won't necessarily know everyone who his son and his lawyer associate with. The claim was made that Trump "lied" about not knowing those two guys, because he "met" with them a "confirmed" three times. I have not seen or read anything about that. Maybe you can help him out on that one. Hey, maybe Trump does know them, maybe he doesn't. But the facts you present don't necessarily prove it was a lie that Trump didn't know them.
They were present at a dinner party for 8 at the WH. You might fact check me.
quash
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

HuMcK said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

I remember a VP debate when Cheney denied having ever met his opponent. Before the debate was over there was a pic of the two of them seated side by side at a dinner, talking. But an ego like Trump's only remembers the big ballers.
HuMcK
Don't think this pic conveys the message Trump thinks it does. Most of the GOP side of the table is intensely interested in the wood grain patterns on the table in front of them.
HuMcK
HuMcK

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.