So... at what point do Republicans realize Trump is bad at this?

108,045 Views | 1438 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The_barBEARian said:

Also a quarter of all Americans were not working for the government. They were working in private industry which had been requisitioned for the war effort. But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Lol. I bet you got really disappointed when you went outside and saw there weren't actual cats and dogs falling from the sky.
The_barBEARian
All you are doing is producing logical fallacies bcs you cannot dispute anything I have written... but you are right... it is a beautiful day and I shouldnt waste it trying to find water from stone or logic from a democrat.
BrooksBearLives
The_barBEARian said:

All you are doing is producing logical fallacies bcs you cannot dispute anything I have written... but you are right... it is a beautiful day and I shouldnt waste it trying to find water from stone or logic from a democrat.

So... you produce that proof the prosecutor was paid off, yet?

Or are you still accusing people of logical fallacies?

Just checking in to see where we are here.
GoneGirl
The_barBEARian said:

MAGA 2020! Feel free to move to one of the ****hole countries since you seem so enamored with them. You people have done enough damage to this country.
I'm staying right here. This country is worth saving for my children and their children, even with the 40-odd percent of MAGAts who think we can go it alone when the planet is getting steadily smaller and China is getting a lot bigger and stronger, and so many Asians are burning fields there's smoke pollution floating a third of the way round the planet. So just go down in your bunker and fester. I'm sure you've got enough canned goods in there to hang out indefinitely. Meanwhile, here in the real world, we'll be working to make sure there's a planet left for your kids, too, when Trump and his ilk are safely behind bars instead of behind Barr.
The_barBEARian
Yeah... you're saving this country about as much as the iceberg saved the Titanic... but hey if you get another Obama for 2 terms, they can import another 100 million immigrants with no talent or discernable skills and the ****hole transformation will be complete!
BrooksBearLives
The_barBEARian said:

Yeah... you're saving this country about as much as the iceberg saved the Titanic... but hey if you get another Obama for 2 terms, they can import another 100 million immigrants with no talent or discernable skills and the ****hole transformation will be complete!

While you're staying. Feel like showing me that proof the prosecutor was paid off?
BrooksBearLives
Oh. And it looks like someone should tell the State Department how perfect Trump's judgement is.

Because even they think isis is coming back now.

https://www.axios.com/trump-state-department-syria-turkey-kurd-talking-points-b3fca1a8-a99f-4940-861f-814d867932ef.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Eric L. Robinson, a former U.S. intelligence official who worked on anti-ISIS strategy at the National Counterterrorism Center, calls the fact that the SDF was forced to seek Assad's protection in Syria a counterintelligence "nightmare." He worried, in a Twitter post this week, that "given years of SDF exposure" to U.S. special-operations forces and intelligence, it would "be forced to give up TTPs [tactics, techniques, and procedures], names, locations, etc. What a coup for the Russian intelligence servicesfive years of history regarding the elite forces of NATO."The Atlantic
I'm curious. If you are all about love, how do you show love to Trump and his supporters? I'm not seeing it anywhere on this board. I'm seeing judgment and negativity.

It was a typo.

And are you serious? Are you REALLY serious? Are you so emotionally unintelligent that you can't discern the difference between our anger at the situation/ you who would try to explain it all away and hatred?

I don't hate the President. I don't hate you. I'm frustrated because he's ruining our nation's standing in the world and making it less safe. I'm angry that he's becoming more and more belligerent and brazen (G-7 at a horrible site, anyone?). And I'm beyond disappointed with you who would excuse ANY action he does despite the evidence to the contrary.

Or do you still think it was a "perfect phone call?"
I don't know the definition of a perfect phone call. I only know that the Trump phone call with Ukraine doesn't bother me because there's nothing wrong with it. But then again, I don't have TDS.
What can the President do to lose your support?
For starters? Something at least half as bad as deploying the DOJ against his successor.

So... if that's true.... you're okay with the DOJ persecution of Hillary?
I've always given politicians a fair bit of leeway on non-substantive issues. I was never part of the "lock her up" chorus. I think Comey rewrote the law to justify not prosecuting Hillary, but I said at the time that the decision not to prosecute wasn't necessarily wrong in itself. Prosecuting would have involved not only a presidential candidate but also a sitting president, since Obama was party to some of the emails. I don't think that's worth destroying an administration. Other things like IRSgate were more serious, but that's another issue.

There was also nothing wrong with Obama investigating Russian contacts with the Trump campaign. In fact it was his duty to do so. The problem is that he used the investigation as a pretext to spy and, even worse, that he used leaks, unmasking, and other tactics to undermine his successor regardless of the outcome of the investigation. The implications of that are enormous. It's one thing for Trump to dig up dirt on Biden during a campaign, or for Hillary to commission the Steele dossier. For a president to sabotage another president is a whole different matter.

Candidates are supposed to campaign against each other. Duly elected presidents are not.

This is not true. He didn't use it as a pretext to spy. He didn't order any of that.

When it was brought to him, Obama brought it to McConnell and MITCH played politics with it. This is verifiable.

Trump directs the DOJ and FBI. Obama did the opposite. He respected the apolitical ethos of both departments. This has been documented again. And again. And again.

Every president directs the DOJ - not absolutely, but at least in terms of policies and priorities. That's part of their job.

There's direct, and then there's "doing the bidding of."

Eric Holder never went to foreign countries to ask them to discredit American intelligence agencies.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/trump-mueller-barr-australia/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Well, he should have. Our intelligence agencies have been creating one **** show after another since Rumsfeld said to sweep it all up.

How patriotic of you.
Since when does patriotism mean loyalty to the CIA? These agencies are supposed to work for America, not the other way around. You're making the same arguments that Bush and his cronies used to justify endless war.

I just remember when it wasn't cool to **** on our own people doing dangerous things and serving their country.
What about the people who lost their lives on Bush's WMD goose chase...do you remember them? I knew some of them personally. I honor their patriotism by insisting that we not repeat the mistake.

If Hillary were president, she'd be pushing regime change in Syria. You have a right to your opinion. I'm not going to say you're an idiot or a bad person if you disagree. But I have reasons for my opinions too. War is not always the answer.

First, it wasn't intelligence fault for the WMD disaster. That was John Bolton's and Rumsfeld's. They cherry-picked the data. Even Bush has admitted as much. Powell has as well.

But no one is saying intelligence is perfect.

But is there space between saying "they aren't perfect" and taking a dump on them in public?

I just remember when it wasn't cool to take a **** on someone willing to do the work to try and keep our country safe.

But then again, you support Trump. So we know your morals are more.... circumstantial.
See the Downing Street memos. And no Democrat is in a position to talk about morals, thanks.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

Eric L. Robinson, a former U.S. intelligence official who worked on anti-ISIS strategy at the National Counterterrorism Center, calls the fact that the SDF was forced to seek Assad's protection in Syria a counterintelligence "nightmare." He worried, in a Twitter post this week, that "given years of SDF exposure" to U.S. special-operations forces and intelligence, it would "be forced to give up TTPs [tactics, techniques, and procedures], names, locations, etc. What a coup for the Russian intelligence servicesfive years of history regarding the elite forces of NATO."The Atlantic
I'm curious. If you are all about love, how do you show love to Trump and his supporters? I'm not seeing it anywhere on this board. I'm seeing judgment and negativity.

It was a typo.

And are you serious? Are you REALLY serious? Are you so emotionally unintelligent that you can't discern the difference between our anger at the situation/ you who would try to explain it all away and hatred?

I don't hate the President. I don't hate you. I'm frustrated because he's ruining our nation's standing in the world and making it less safe. I'm angry that he's becoming more and more belligerent and brazen (G-7 at a horrible site, anyone?). And I'm beyond disappointed with you who would excuse ANY action he does despite the evidence to the contrary.

Or do you still think it was a "perfect phone call?"
I don't know the definition of a perfect phone call. I only know that the Trump phone call with Ukraine doesn't bother me because there's nothing wrong with it. But then again, I don't have TDS.
What can the President do to lose your support?
For starters? Something at least half as bad as deploying the DOJ against his successor.

So... if that's true.... you're okay with the DOJ persecution of Hillary?
I've always given politicians a fair bit of leeway on non-substantive issues. I was never part of the "lock her up" chorus. I think Comey rewrote the law to justify not prosecuting Hillary, but I said at the time that the decision not to prosecute wasn't necessarily wrong in itself. Prosecuting would have involved not only a presidential candidate but also a sitting president, since Obama was party to some of the emails. I don't think that's worth destroying an administration. Other things like IRSgate were more serious, but that's another issue.

There was also nothing wrong with Obama investigating Russian contacts with the Trump campaign. In fact it was his duty to do so. The problem is that he used the investigation as a pretext to spy and, even worse, that he used leaks, unmasking, and other tactics to undermine his successor regardless of the outcome of the investigation. The implications of that are enormous. It's one thing for Trump to dig up dirt on Biden during a campaign, or for Hillary to commission the Steele dossier. For a president to sabotage another president is a whole different matter.

Candidates are supposed to campaign against each other. Duly elected presidents are not.

This is not true. He didn't use it as a pretext to spy. He didn't order any of that.

When it was brought to him, Obama brought it to McConnell and MITCH played politics with it. This is verifiable.

Trump directs the DOJ and FBI. Obama did the opposite. He respected the apolitical ethos of both departments. This has been documented again. And again. And again.

Every president directs the DOJ - not absolutely, but at least in terms of policies and priorities. That's part of their job.

There's direct, and then there's "doing the bidding of."

Eric Holder never went to foreign countries to ask them to discredit American intelligence agencies.
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics/trump-mueller-barr-australia/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Well, he should have. Our intelligence agencies have been creating one **** show after another since Rumsfeld said to sweep it all up.

How patriotic of you.
Since when does patriotism mean loyalty to the CIA? These agencies are supposed to work for America, not the other way around. You're making the same arguments that Bush and his cronies used to justify endless war.

I just remember when it wasn't cool to **** on our own people doing dangerous things and serving their country.
What about the people who lost their lives on Bush's WMD goose chase...do you remember them? I knew some of them personally. I honor their patriotism by insisting that we not repeat the mistake.

If Hillary were president, she'd be pushing regime change in Syria. You have a right to your opinion. I'm not going to say you're an idiot or a bad person if you disagree. But I have reasons for my opinions too. War is not always the answer.

Hey. Remember when you were so proud of all the "troops coming home from endless wars?"

Yeah. Maybe spend less time ****ting on our forces and more time paying attention.

Hey, remember why we were supposedly there in the first place?

No, you probably don't.
quash
The_barBEARian said:

Immigrant labor benefits all of us, even the Know Nothings.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Baylor3216
BrooksBearLives said:

He's not playing 3-dimensional chess.

He's a simple rich kid who has failed up his entire life.

He's going to ruin the party on his way out.

Wait what? Is this about Barry sotoro?

Truth don't lie. He created Trump and Democrats had the fewest seats across the nation at all levels since they supported the south in the civil war
The_barBEARian
Incorrect. Please try again.
quash
The_barBEARian said:

Incorrect. Please try again.

All of us. Not a lot, but some. You could look it up but you don't strike me as that kind.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
GrowlTowel
BrooksBearLives said:

Oh. And it looks like someone should tell the State Department how perfect Trump's judgement is.

https://www.axios.com/trump-state-department-syria-turkey-kurd-talking-points-b3fca1a8-a99f-4940-861f-814d867932ef.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

JV team. Please.
Waco1947
BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

Good for them... but we live in 2019. America is not a vast frontier of open spaces and untapped potential. A lot had changed in the last 100 years. Also, not even the Rockafeller's were paying that crazy tax rate you through out there... they had a million different tax write-offs and exemptions that we dont get today.

Yeah. That's a weird justification.

"We don't want high taxes because it hurts the economy and rich people don't really pay them anyway."

How can it be bad for the economy if it doesn't matter?

You should sit this one out for a while. Gather your thoughts.

^^^^^yep.
Waco1947
BrooksBearLives
GrowlTowel said:

BrooksBearLives said:

JV team. Please.

Trigger warning.

Saw this and thought of you.

Creature with 720 sexes. Make sure you hydrate and view incognito.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/10156048/paris-zoo-the-blob-brain/
D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

Less taxes, small government, and most important preserving American values and traditions.. what few of them are left at this point. Rampant globalism... and I admit rampant capitalism... has destroyed this country. But I dont trust the life-long government bureaucrats to not be corrupt and to actually make choices that are in my best interest. I'd rather let Bezos become the world's first trillionaire. He will make better choices with his own money and would ultimately do more to help me than Elizabeth Warren, who would actually hurt my interests.

The best economy we have ever had came after World War II when the top marginal tax rate was 90%+ and a quarter of the country worked for the government.

Life is just a little more complex than you think it is.

You might drop the tax rate canard.

https://slate.com/business/2017/08/the-history-of-tax-rates-for-the-rich.html

Also, the data I've seen has no where near 25 percent of the workforce working for the government in the post-war years.
GoneGirl
BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

Also a quarter of all Americans were not working for the government. They were working in private industry which had been requisitioned for the war effort. But don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Lol. I bet you got really disappointed when you went outside and saw there weren't actual cats and dogs falling from the sky.
The heavy-duty tinfoil warded them off.
BrooksBearLives
D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

Less taxes, small government, and most important preserving American values and traditions.. what few of them are left at this point. Rampant globalism... and I admit rampant capitalism... has destroyed this country. But I dont trust the life-long government bureaucrats to not be corrupt and to actually make choices that are in my best interest. I'd rather let Bezos become the world's first trillionaire. He will make better choices with his own money and would ultimately do more to help me than Elizabeth Warren, who would actually hurt my interests.

The best economy we have ever had came after World War II when the top marginal tax rate was 90%+ and a quarter of the country worked for the government.

Also, the data I've seen has no where near 25 percent of the workforce working for the government in the post-war years.

Man. You're quite the literal Laura aren't you.

It was a bit of hyperbole on my part, of course. But then again, what should I expect from a bunch of people desperate to discuss anything but the incompetence of this President?

FWIW, if you could the RFC funding of corporations/business, a quarter isn't that far off. It'd be called socialism now, but you don't REALLY care.
The_barBEARian
D.C. Bear posts facts.... and Brooksbear be like

D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

It was a bit of hyperbole on my part, of course. But then again, what should I expect from a bunch of people desperate to discuss anything but the incompetence of this President?

FWIW, if you could the RFC funding of corporations/business, a quarter isn't that far off. It'd be called socialism now, but you don't REALLY care.

That is not a little hyperbole on your part. As the Slate article shows, it is an old argument that is not supported by the data.

Who do you think is "desperate to discuss anything but the incompetence of this President?"
BrooksBearLives
D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

That is not a little hyperbole on your part. As the Slate article shows, it is an old argument that is not supported by the data.

Who do you think is "desperate to discuss anything but the incompetence of this President?"

Yawn. I read the article. I knew what was in the article. It is nuanced and made good points (which is why I shared it).

But the facts show that tax rates aren't detrimental to business success. In fact, outside of a few exceptions, marginal personal tax rates have very little to do with business success.

It's cute to see Bar try to hitch his wagon to you.

In the meantime, enjoy this little Duffy where the President really gives some ****ty politician the business.

BrooksBearLives
The_barBEARian said:

D.C. Bear posts facts.... and Brooksbear be like

Still waiting on that proof the prosecutor was bribed to say Hunter Biden did nothing wrong.

I think I've been waiting pretty patiently.

Surely you wouldn't make something like that up and then lecture everyone else about using facts.
BrooksBearLives
Awe shucks. After I responded and got curious because of COURSE you would throw a fit on what normal people would see as hyperbole, I went to see how much of the country actually DID work as a part of government contracts and mobilization during and after WW2.

A quarter really ISNT that far off -which is shocking. I was just making a joke at the expense of an uninformed gomer parroting lines he heard at an Ayn Rand cosplay dinner (I'm assuming everyone dressed like hypocrites who ended up spending the last years of their lives on welfare before succumbing to pure irony).

Interesting page.

https://eh.net/encyclopedia/the-american-economy-during-world-war-ii/
D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

Yawn. I read the article. I knew what was in the article. It is nuanced and made good points (which is why I shared it).

But the facts show that tax rates aren't detrimental to business success. In fact, outside of a few exceptions, marginal personal tax rates have very little to do with business success.

In the meantime, enjoy this little Duffy where the President really gives some ****ty politician the business.

LOL at you saying you shared the article because it is nuanced and made good points. Unfortunately, you didn't share the article in this discussion and the good points it makes tend to refute your argument.

Let me fill you in on something: I don't care about Trump and his antics.
BrooksBearLives
D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

LOL at you saying you shared the article because it is nuanced and made good points. Unfortunately, you didn't share the article in this discussion and the good points it makes tend to refute your argument.

You don't care about Trump and his "antics"?

Interesting. How is life as a sociopath?

White dudes think they've earned everything in life they have anyway. Makes sense you wouldn't give a **** about anyone else anyway.
D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

The_barBEARian said:

You don't care about Trump and his "antics"?

Interesting. How is life as a sociopath?

That's what I said: I don't care about Trump and his antics. He will be a part of history soon enough.

Who do you think is a sociopath?

And why did you take credit for sharing that Slate article in this discussion when you didn't share it and you were, by your own admission, simply pulling hyperbole out of your butt?
BrooksBearLives
I had it open and frankly just got confused. I was wrong.

I did pull the number out of my butt but I usually respond with a source after someone questions me. I had looked at that article and a few others (one on the FDC) and thought I had shared that one. When I saw your response, I knew the article and thought I had dm shared that one by mistake. I'm really tired.

I'm operating on 9 hours of sleep over the last 3 days and am still looking at a mountain of school work/ work-work (I made the mistake of taking yesterday off from school to celebrate my 4 year-old's birthday and my mom traveling to town from the Midwest). Now I'm about to leave again for a consulting trip and I'm out of sorts. I got confused.

Forgive me or don't. Just pretend I'm the President stuffing children into cages. You'll looks right past it.
D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

I'm operating on 9 hours of sleep over the last 3 days and am still looking at a mountain of school work/ work-work (I made the mistake of taking yesterday off from school to celebrate my 4 year-old's birthday and my mom traveling to town from the Midwest). Now I'm about to leave again for a consulting trip and I'm out of sorts. I got confused.

Forgive me or don't. Just pretend I'm the President stuffing children into cages. You'll looks right past it.

You are forgiven. Maybe you should not be entertaining yourself posting on here when you have a mountain of school work /work-work and nine hours of sleep in three days.

I will also forgive you for the absurd insults you are tossing my way. Probably a reflection of your stressed and sleep deprived state.
BrooksBearLives
D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

You are forgiven. Maybe you should not be entertaining yourself posting on here when you have a mountain of school work /work-work and nine hours of sleep in three days.

I will also forgive you for the absurd insults you are tossing my way. Probably a reflection of your stressed and sleep deprived state.

Absurd? You State you don't care about a President's "antics."

You're the insult.
BrooksBearLives
This isn't an episode of leave it to beaver where Wally learns a lesson about doing his chores.

Our President just sold out our allies and now he's talking about how Turkey needs to "clean things up." People our nation made promises to are dying.

Antics.

Get out of here.
D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

You're the insult.

Yes, it is an absurd insult for you to call me a sociopath.

To quote a president from before your time, "there you go again!" Trump gets on Twitter, says all kinds of absurd things, and has all of you, supporters and haters alike, dancing like his marionettes. You are on here tilting at windmills instead of doing your work.
The_barBEARian
You dont get it "White man". You are white, therefore you're an entitled scumbag..... lmao

Brooksbear is clearly mentally ill and probably hate America too... just ignore him.
BrooksBearLives
D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

You're the insult.

To quote a president from before your time, "there you go again!" Trump gets on Twitter, says all kinds of absurd things, and has all of you, supporters and haters alike, dancing like his marionettes. You are on here tilting at windmills instead of doing your work.

I can read 5 pages in between checking back here. It's motivating. And fun.

And no. It isn't absurd to be upset about Trump. It's absurd NOT to be.

Good people like you and me NOT being angry or scared enough of who he was and the danger he represents is how he got into the White House. I'm not going to be silent at all.

If I'm exhausted, I'll make others exhausted too. Because what I have to deal with is about 1/10000th of the pain of the marginalized most affected by him.

I think you know what a ****bird he is. Now I want you to care.
D. C. Bear
BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

D. C. Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

You're the insult.

I can read 5 pages in between checking back here. It's motivating. And fun.

And no. It isn't absurd to be upset about Trump. It's absurd NOT to be.

Good people like you and me NOT being angry or scared enough of who he was and the danger he represents is how he got into the White House. I'm not going to be silent at all.

If I'm exhausted, I'll make others exhausted too. Because what I have to deal with is about 1/10000th of the pain of the marginalized most affected by him.

I think you know what a ****bird he is. Now I want you to care.

You are drifting. I didn't say it was absurd for you to be upset about Trump, though I did say he's manipulating you (and others). I said it is an absurd insult for you to call me a sociopath. It is.

I'm glad you feel like you are making a difference by posting threads about how terrible Trump is on here and insulting anyone who doesn't measure up to your moral excellence.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.