So... at what point do Republicans realize Trump is bad at this?

106,141 Views | 1438 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Florda_mike
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booray said:

D. C. Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

In the land of the crazies, the strongmen need to prevail for peace. Don't like Qaddafi? Look at Libya now. Assad needs to survive, and Turkey will be important to keep Iraq madness, including the Kurds, in check. It's unpopular because it will involve brutality, but the world needs the brutal actors so the West can feign outrage at tasks they would never stoop to participate in.

And how God awful of a take is it to think about military options against a NATO partner because they are beating up on a tribal rival they've had for decades.
Who gets the 50 or so nukes in Turkey?
The same people that have them now, us. Or are you buying into the scare tactic to push us into another misguided military action in the region?

So you're saying Turkey can have our nukes?
Yes, that's exactly what I said.....

So you're cool with nuclear proliferation in the Middle East/ North Africa?
You think Turkey is going to take our nukes from Incirlik? If you actually believe that, then the last thing you should be advocating is going against them, especially militarily. I happen to be rational enough to understand whether we allow them to beat up the Kurds, or we decide to be tough with them, I'm not worried about them trying to take our nukes.

Aaaaand Turkey is using the nukes as hostages.

The. President. Is. Incompetent.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/turkey-nuclear-bombs-hostage-syria
And. Yet. Still. Better. Than. Any. Idiot. The. Dems. Had. On. Stage. Tuesday. Night.

Which of them are guilty of real estate/tax fraud?

You can keep saying that, Curt. But at some point, you'll need to prove it. He is literally the worst president of all time.
It pleases me that Trump provides so much fodder for your weird obsession. Guess it's easier for you to rant about Trump than come to grips with the Dem platform that spells the death of our republic.
It's very strange that you find joy in other people's horror. Your hatred has blinded you to the fact you've twisted yourself into a situation where you're excited that the person you support is a felon.

If you lied on your taxes, would you get away with it? Would I? Would you be okay with that?

Take a step back. Because we are figuring out RIGHT NOW where we would have lined up when Fascism was taking over the world in the 30's and 40's. I don't expect you to be able to pull yourself out of your delusion to see it. But it is fact.

Oh, and right now, the President's hand-chosen ambassador to the EU is in the process of turning on him for his handling of Ukraine. But you don't care. You think it's funny that our President was using the power of his office for his OWN PERSONAL GAIN.
Lot's of projection/speculation going on there, little buddy. Your party is a grave existential threat. OTOH, you're just a moron with a severe case of TDS. Almost everything you say can just as easily be reversed. I suppose the mirror is not your friend.

Re taxes: if you had paid the small fortune in business and personal taxes I have over the decades, you might be a bit less obsessive about that. Governments at all levels get way too much and tax avoidance/evasion is to be expected. You remind me of that little wus in grade school that was always running to the teacher to tell on someone. FWIW, I'm SHOCKED I tell you that politicians might use their office for PERSONAL GAIN. Can you even imagine it? Where are my pearls? I must clutch them to my trembling bosom.

History is a wonderful thing and probably my favorite subject of all time. It doesn't take too much imagination to connect the dots between American interventionism in WW1 and a disastrous Treaty of Versailles > rise of Nazism > WW2 > Hitler's stupid invasion of Russia > occupation of Eastern Europe > rise of Stalin > death of many, many millions. Perhaps we should have let Kaiser Willy and his cousins sort that one out for themselves.

I paid higher taxes than the highest earners did this year.

I paid more taxes than Amazon did last year.

But this isn't about justice. This is about competence.

This president has ****ed up on every imaginable level, and you don't care because taxes are lower?

Jesus.

Does anyone believe the above from BBL?
No, he did not "pay more taxes than Amazon."
I have no doubt he "paid higher taxes (rate wise) than the highest earners did this year" in particular kinds of taxes (income taxes).

The argument that some are making in supporting Trump today is the same one that others made in supporting Clinton back in the 1990s: "The economy is good, so shut up about this other stuff." I was not a fan of it then, I am not a fan of it now.
He is referring to the fact that Amazon paid no U.S. Corporate Income Tax for tax year 2018 despite reported earnings of $11 Billion. So if he paid a dollar, he paid "more than Amazon."

I know, but there are many kinds of taxes other than corporate or personal income taxes, and if he actually paid "more taxes than Amazon," then Baylor should hit him up for a new everything.
fadskier
Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

BBL "Oh, and right now, the President's hand-chosen ambassador to the EU is in the process of turning on him for his handling of Ukraine. But you don't care. You think it's funny that our President was using the power of his office for his OWN PERSONAL GAIN."
Curtpenn sadly you don't care
I can't tell you how many times we told our children the tale of the little boy who cried wolf. Apparently, the left has collectively forgotten this old bit of wisdom. Basically, don't care what "they" say or do as they have less than zero credibility. Sadly, you don't care.

Yep there is a wolf. His name is dt. But you know that truth. He survives because you and your ilk are too embarrassed to say "We made a huge mistake, America."
Because we don't feel that we did. He was, and still is, better than the alternative.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
cinque
fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

BBL "Oh, and right now, the President's hand-chosen ambassador to the EU is in the process of turning on him for his handling of Ukraine. But you don't care. You think it's funny that our President was using the power of his office for his OWN PERSONAL GAIN."
I can't tell you how many times we told our children the tale of the little boy who cried wolf. Apparently, the left has collectively forgotten this old bit of wisdom. Basically, don't care what "they" say or do as they have less than zero credibility. Sadly, you don't care.

Yep there is a wolf. His name is dt. But you know that truth. He survives because you and your ilk are too embarrassed to say "We made a huge mistake, America."
Because we don't feel that we did. He was, and still is, better than the alternative.
Whenever Trumpkins are pressed to be more specific about that specious claim, they always demur
fadskier
Waco, how is that hard to understand? Hillary showed while in office that she was not only dangerous and deadly, but incompetent.
BrooksBearLives
fadskier said:

Waco, how is that hard to understand? Hillary showed while in office that she was not only dangerous and deadly, but incompetent.
How many Kurds did she kill because she got bullied by a dictator?
GoneGirl
By Joe Dator October 17, 2019

Sam Lowry
Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

bearassnekkid said:

BrooksBearLives said:

bearassnekkid said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Aliceinbubbleland said:

I never said I approved sending anyone to Saudi. I hear ya but I'm suddenly in the camp of bring them home from everywhere, including Korea and Japan.
We're doing the opposite. And Trump is full of ***** He didn't do this to bring them home. He did this because he got bullied around by Erdogan. Pure and simple.

Trump doesnt care about a few troops stationed in Syria as a trip-wire against Turkish aggression.

He got ****ing ROLLED by a better, more powerful negotiator because he's a feckless wimp. He's just incredibly incompetent. That's it.

We are NOT pulling out our troops, we're expanding them. Don't let yourself be lied to. Sam would have you think the Kurds were our enemies fighting our... enemies... who have now turned to our... enemies for help? Sam would say THIS IS ALL SANE but we know it's not. It's what happens when you elect a psychopath fail son reality star with a daddy complex run your country because you really hate that you couldn't get rid of Bill Clinton, so you hate his wife even more.
Uhhh, this happens ALL. THE. TIME. in the middle east.

Say hi to the mujahideen in Afghanistan who we armed and trained (many of whom transformed to the Taliban we now fight today). Or the Taliban itself that we indirectly supported through Pakistan in the 90's because we viewed the Taliban as anti-Iranian, so hey, we should help them. Or about 50 other examples in the last half century.

The ME is an absolute quagmire. The "innocents" you pound your chest about us needing to protect become next year's biggest enemy. New regimes, warlords, Islamist movements, etc spring up out of nowhere and you never know which one to support or stomp down until it's too late. Meanwhile they've all got our guns and our military training to attack us with. It is utterly ridiculous that we spend millions and risk countless American lives in that madness. GTFO and let them kill each other all they want. Protect oil interests and Israel (our ally that is surrounded and whom numerous Islamic nations and groups vow to wipe off the face of the earth) and that is IT.
Either you don't know anything about the Kurds, or you're just plain lying. Do some research at non-partisan sources and get back to me.
Maybe you have trouble reading, but earlier in the thread I said I agreed with you in principle about the Kurds. But that's just for today. I have no idea what that looks like 20 years from now. You would have said the same thing about the "freedom fighters" in Afghanistan in the 80's. They all claim to want/need our help against "oppression." I'm just not interested anymore. Settle it amongst yourselves. You're a bunch of different sects of the same religion trying to kill each other and take each other's land. It's warlord-ville. Get our kids and our money out of there.

Yeah. Your entire argument about how genocide of the Kurds is okay is because they're just going to end up being warlords next.

If you knew anything bout the Kurds -and I've only taken to educating myself about them the last year or so (a former employee/mentee of mine has worked in Kurdistan for the last 4 years) - you wouldn't think that of them. They've been screwed over since apportionment and STILL stayed mostly good and pro-Democratic. When HW Bush encouraged Iraqis to rise up against Saddam, they actually did -and we left them out to dry- and they were SLAUGHTERED. And they STILL stayed our allies in Syria.

But on an even more basic level, abandoning our allies and failing to support the good actors only MAKES THE WORLD MORE DANGEROUS FOR US.

Look only at the formation of ISIS or Al Queda. 150 troops in Syria was a GREAT investment in keeping isis at bay.
Are you referring to post Iraq War apportionment? As far as the Kurds, they aren't "good actors" any more than the Saudis are. They simply have objectives from time to time that align with ours. They aligned with us against Saddam, but ironically they aligned with Iran in the Iran-Iraq War. They are aligning in Syria (fighting ISIS and Syrian militias) for the sole purpose of staking claim to Rojava. And don't look into the PKK in Turkey if we're looking for "good actors".

The pragmatic reality is that the one entity in all of this that has some actual long term value continues to be Turkey. But letting the crazies work it out for themselves is without question the best approach because we won't solve decades or century old beefs in that quagmire. You'd think we'd have learned that by now.
"Letting the crazies" work it out has literally never worked out for us. This is just a horrible, short-sighted take.
"working it out" = genocide and extermination. How'd that work out for Chamberlain? Just... holy **** what a bad take.

Also, some of those "crazies" have OUR nukes.

Jesus. Listen to yourself.
You're the one asking us to get militarily involved in an unwinnable web of madness. The difference between Chamberlain and these "crazies" is they don't have the capacity militarily or economically for domination in any broad sense. These are tribal outbreaks over century old scraps contained in a sandbox. Stop making it more than it is. Genocide is Rwanda, Darfur, and even if you want to point at Turkey, Armenia. This is Turkey destabilizing a military/militia that will soon turn its guns on them as they try to put their foothold into Turkey.

And stop pushing the idiotic take that anyone but us has our nukes. There are 5,000 airmen at Incirlik that drill monthly the possibility of some crazies coming in and trying to take them out. They did it before this, and they'll continue to do it now. This is the type of emotional and irrational BS that gets us into wars in Iraq and elsewhere.

Take your own advice. Listen to yourself. Hate Trump in some other way, not this one. It's sound policy regardless of who is President to sit on the sideline here.
It is not a policy. It was a snap judgment without thought. The "policy" is a bunch of rationalization to respond to unexpectedly vehement criticism.
Funny how his snap judgment coincides with what he promised during the campaign and what he's been telling his generals for the last couple of years.
fadskier
None, but she got some Americans killed in Benghazi. And how many middle easterners got killed because of her and Obama assisting the formation of ISIS?
Florda_mike
fadskier said:

None, but she got some Americans killed in Benghazi. And how many middle easterners got killed because of her and Obama assisting the formation of ISIS?

Crickets from left are deafening
twd74
curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

In the land of the crazies, the strongmen need to prevail for peace. Don't like Qaddafi? Look at Libya now. Assad needs to survive, and Turkey will be important to keep Iraq madness, including the Kurds, in check. It's unpopular because it will involve brutality, but the world needs the brutal actors so the West can feign outrage at tasks they would never stoop to participate in.

And how God awful of a take is it to think about military options against a NATO partner because they are beating up on a tribal rival they've had for decades.
The same people that have them now, us. Or are you buying into the scare tactic to push us into another misguided military action in the region?

You think Turkey is going to take our nukes from Incirlik? If you actually believe that, then the last thing you should be advocating is going against them, especially militarily. I happen to be rational enough to understand whether we allow them to beat up the Kurds, or we decide to be tough with them, I'm not worried about them trying to take our nukes.

And. Yet. Still. Better. Than. Any. Idiot. The. Dems. Had. On. Stage. Tuesday. Night.

You can keep saying that, Curt. But at some point, you'll need to prove it. He is literally the worst president of all time.
You can keep saying that, BBL. But at some point, you'll need to prove it. He is literally the best candidate available to defeat the forces of fascism gathering on the left.

I am compelled to point out that you are using the word fascism in complete disregard to its historical meaning. Say whatever you will about it, but fascism is anti-democratic. Trump is the least likely champion of Democracy of any President since before the Civil War.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

How many Kurds did she kill because she got bullied by a dictator?
She killed about 11,000 Kurds, for whatever reason. This is old news.
BrooksBearLives
fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.
Waco1947
cinque said:

fadskier said:

Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

Whenever Trumpkins are pressed to be more specific about that specious claim, they always demur
Yep^^^^^^
Waco1947
fadskier
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.
That's what I'd say if I supported Hillary...but good thing is, I didn't.
Florda_mike
twd74 said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

You can keep saying that, BBL. But at some point, you'll need to prove it. He is literally the best candidate available to defeat the forces of fascism gathering on the left.

I am compelled to point out that you are using the word fascism in complete disregard to its historical meaning. Say whatever you will about it, but fascism is anti-democratic. Trump is the least likely champion of Democracy of any President since before the Civil War.

^^^ Idiot warning here

Good Lord help us
BrooksBearLives
fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

It's a lie. She didn't get anyone killed in Benghazi. The report itself said there was one indicator of an attack: a removed cop car. She got no one killed. Period.
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

It's a lie. She didn't get anyone killed in Benghazi. The report itself said there was one indicator of an attack: a removed cop car. She got no one killed. Period.
Except for 11,000 Kurds.
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

Except for 11,000 Kurds.

You're saying Hillary betrayed 11,000 Kurds? I'm going to have to ask to see your receipts.
Florda_mike
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

^^^ Makes it pretty easy to hate this sugar punk fairy lover
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

Except for 11,000 Kurds.

You're saying Hillary betrayed 11,000 Kurds? I'm going to have to ask to see your receipts.
Hillary and Obama armed and equipped the Islamists who have been fighting against the Kurds since 2013.

Does everyone not know this?
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

Except for 11,000 Kurds.

Hillary and Obama armed and equipped the Islamists who have been fighting against the Kurds since 2013.

Oh **** you. That's nowhere near the same.

Does your dishonestly know NO limits?!?!
Sam Lowry
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

Except for 11,000 Kurds.

How is it not the same?
BrooksBearLives
Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

Except for 11,000 Kurds.

How is it not the same?

1. That's a link to Tulsi Gabbard's website that doesn't say what you day it says.
2. It wasn't a betrayal of the Kurds.
3. If you knew anything about Clinton's work as Secretary of State, you'd know that she brokered and spearheaded the multi-sectarian forces that comprised most of the Kurdish contingent. They did that by design to assuage Turkey's worries about armed Kurds (guess who armed them?).

You're either a liar, or you're willfully ignorant. At this point, I'm so disgusted with you, I'm not sure I care anymore which it is.

You keep saying this President is not incompetent because he meant for this to happen -Which makes no sense because he said he DIDNT green light the attack by Turkey. We know he's lying, but why would he lie if he meant for it to happen?

And if he meant for it to happen, why threaten sanctions?

Why send Pence?

Why send that strange ass first-grade level letter?

And the letter is a joke. Know how we know? Because Erdogan threw it in the trash. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50080737

Why are you defending the indefensible?
BaylorTaxman
You guys probably need to chill.
Florda_mike
BaylorTaxman said:

You guys probably need to chill.

BBL is incapable of "chill"

OCD maxed out type little fella

And a loser that's a narcissist

Worst type existence there is
curtpenn
twd74 said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

curtpenn said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

BrooksBearLives said:

ATL Bear said:

quash said:

ATL Bear said:

Undoubtedly, there is great divergence of thought re defining "fascism". I find this most illuminating:

"Anti-individualistic, the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State, which stands for the conscience and the universal will of man as a historic entity. It is opposed to classical liberalism which arose as a reaction to absolutism and exhausted its historical function when the State became the expression of the conscience and will of the people. Liberalism denied the State in the name of the individual; Fascism reasserts the rights of the State as expressing the real essence of the individual. And if liberty is to be the attribute of living men and not of abstract dummies invented by individualistic liberalism, then Fascism stands for liberty, and for the only liberty worth having, the liberty of the State and of the individual within the State. The Fascist conception of the State is all-embracing; outside of it no human or spiritual values can exist, much less have value. Thus understood, Fascism is totalitarian, and the Fascist State--a synthesis and a unit inclusive of all values--interprets, develops, and potentiates the whole life of a people. ...

Benito Mussolini, Fascism: Doctrine and Institutions (New York: Howard Fertig, 1935)

"Fascism is the stage reached after communism has proved an illusion."

Friedrich von Hayek
fadskier
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

She got killed and lied to their parents. Ask them. Period.
Wallace
BrooksBearLives said:

Sam Lowry said:

Does your dishonestly know NO limits?!?
BrooksBearLives
fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

She got no one killed. I actually read the report, *******. I know you didn't.

And she didn't lie to anyone. Having wrong information isn't the same as lying. And considering your continued support of President Trump, your pearl clutching about supposed lies is a whole crock of *****
fadskier
BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

BrooksBearLives said:

fadskier said:

Nope. That's a lie.

She got no one killed. I actually read the report, *******. I know you didn't.

And she didn't lie to anyone. Having wrong information isn't the same as lying. And considering your continued support of President Trump, your pearl clutching about supposed lies is a whole crock of *****
What report did you read? Something put out by the Democrats no doubt...

You're getting to the point that you are wrong as often as cinque

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/what-the-benghazi-attack-taught-me-about-hillary-clinton
fadskier
Of course, then there's this...

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/08/hillary-clinton-benghazi-lies-pat-smith-charles-woods/
BrooksBearLives
Once again, she didn't get anyone killed. That's a lie. I just read those sources and even they (Fox News and National Review opinion pieces -real great journalism) don't accuse her of such.

Chris Stevens went to the compound and ignored warnings.

At the end of the day, it was a mob of extremists who killed him. And 13 additional guards wouldn't have made an appreciable difference. And either you're willing to admit that or you're not.

In either case, HILLARY IS NOT ****ING PRESIDENT. And your obsession with her -though strange- doesn't make our Current President less of a piece of ****, and you any less disgusting for supporting him in spite of all you know.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
BrooksBearLives said:

In either case, HILLARY IS NOT ****ING PRESIDENT.
Yes, there is a God in Heaven.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
BrooksBearLives
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

BrooksBearLives said:

In either case, HILLARY IS NOT ****ING PRESIDENT.
Yes, there is a God in Heaven.

I'm sure the Kurds are thanking God right now.
quash
Florda_mike said:

fadskier said:

Crickets from left are deafening
Eleven minutes.

New personal best?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.