Kyle Rittenhouse trial

55,466 Views | 970 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by boognish_bear
riflebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glad the judge was appointed by a Democrat. Can't wait to see how they spin this. Hope he throws it out before the jury but doubtful.
GrowlTowel
riflebear said:

Glad the judge was appointed by a Democrat. Can't wait to see how they spin this. Hope he throws it out before the jury but doubtful.

I think he will for three reasons: 1) evidence is legally insufficient to sustain a guilty verdict; 2) the question/argument that the defendant remained silent once in police custody is reversible error; and 3) because of 1 and 2, there is no reason to put the jury in harms way.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Redbrickbear
"Everyone should watch the Kyle Rittenhouse trial if they can. It is one of the great trials in US history - but it shouldn't be happening. Why not?

Because historically a CLEAR self defense case with so much defense evidence is not charged as a crime to begin with.

This case is a sign of the times for the revolutionary moment we are in. It will be studied long into the future - no matter who wins the case or which side wins the revolution. It is a historical marker.

The State - through its prosecution - is throwing THE BOOK at an 18 year old with no criminal history. The STATE is DIRECTLY challenging a founding principle of America as we knew it - that Americans can defend themselves, their property & community from terrorist mobs.

The idea that Americans are not free to protect their communities when law & order breakdown and are overwhelmed by radical, dangerous, lawless revolutionary forces would be UNTHINKABLE to all prior generations of Americans & certainly the founders.

The STATE is arguing that Kyle should have not defended himself or his community. They are defacto agreeing with the leftists that America itself is flawed, shameful & should be punished and possibly dissolved. In a way America itself is on trial. The 2nd Amendment is on trial. The right to self defense is on trial.

The prosecution's HERO'S are LITERALLY the rioters. WE are the villains."

Canada2017
GrowlTowel said:

riflebear said:

I think he will for three reasons: 1) evidence is legally insufficient to sustain a guilty verdict; 2) the question/argument that the defendant remained silent once in police custody is reversible error; and 3) because of 1 and 2, there is no reason to put the jury in harms way.
That would take an immense amount of personal integrity by the judge .

GrowlTowel
Canada2017 said:

GrowlTowel said:

riflebear said:

He should have it as he is the current longest serving trial judge in Wisconsin.
Canada2017
GrowlTowel said:

Canada2017 said:

GrowlTowel said:

riflebear said:

He should have it as he is the current longest serving trial judge in Wisconsin.
Good point .

Hope you're right .
EatMoreSalmon
Canada2017 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Canada2017 said:

GrowlTowel said:

riflebear said:

Good point .

Hope you're right .

I imagine the judge already has his family members away from home.
Jack Bauer
That's rich coming from the drama queen of the NBA

Johnny Bear
Canada2017 said:

GrowlTowel said:

riflebear said:

And an immense amount of personal courage, which would be great to see from a judge - for a change.
riflebear
Good to see people waking up to the media narrative.

br53
riflebear said:

3 points on this tweet thread:

Highly Educated doesn't mean you know how to research issues
Progressives only know what the media tells them
We all know what happens when you assume
FormerFlash
At this point, any argument against KR that includes "he travelled across state lines" is immediately invalidated. This has no bearing whatsoever on the case and was a stupid media narrative to make it seem as if he planned a murder vacation getaway to blow off steam. It's blatantly obvious some of you have never lived near a state line. I worked in Louisville, KY but lived across the river in Southern Indiana. I crossed the state line every day on a 20 minute drive to go to work. I lived in a suburb of Louisville, KY that happened to be in Indiana. When people were looting and burning downtown over the Brianna Taylor event, many people on both sides of the argument participated in the events after "crossing state lines." This narrative is stupid, meaningless, and deliberately misleading. Stop it already. You just look dumb when you keep repeating it. I'm looking at you, Peteroso.
FormerFlash
Kyle defending his community from looters and rioters is brave and fits traditional American ideals. We stand up for ourselves and our neighbors. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of innocent business owners in Kenosha who were very grateful for people like Kyle who showed up to try and help them protect their businesses, their investments, their livelihoods.

If a video leaked of an innocent person being attacked on a subway car while other people sat in the seats and watched without intervening in any way, we'd all - ALL - be outraged not just at the act of violence itself, but at those who sat by without helping or doing something about it.

The fact that this case is even on trial given the evidence - testimony and video - at hand is in and of itself an indictment on the state of our legal system and the power of persuasion by the mob. Frankly, it's terrifying.
Redbrickbear
FormerFlash said:

Kyle defending his community from looters and rioters is brave and fits traditional American ideals. We stand up for ourselves and our neighbors. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of innocent business owners in Kenosha who were very grateful for people like Kyle who showed up to try and help them protect their businesses, their investments, their livelihoods.

If a video leaked of an innocent person being attacked on a subway car while other people sat in the seats and watched without intervening in any way, we'd all - ALL - be outraged not just at the act of violence itself, but at those who sat by without helping or doing something about it.

The fact that this case is even on trial given the evidence - testimony and video - at hand is in and of itself an indictment on the state of our legal system and the power of persuasion by the mob. Frankly, it's terrifying.
Yep, a message is definitely being sent.

"Don't get involved", "look the other way", "don't stand up to the mob"

The Corporate Media and the State of Wisconsin itself are treating the presence of violent protesters and arsonists as a normal thing.
Canon
Redbrickbear said:

FormerFlash said:

Yep, a message is defiantly being sent.

"Don't get involved", "look the other way", "don't stand up to the mob"

The Corporate Media and the State of Wisconsin itself are treating the presence of violent protesters and arsonists as a normal thing.

Democrats are evil.
Mothra
Jack Bauer said:

That's rich coming from the drama queen of the NBA

Hard to think of a bigger ignoramus and ****** bag in the NBA, and that is saying something.
Mothra
riflebear said:

As if the color of their skin should make a difference one way or the other, but here we are in 2021.
Wangchung
The media is catching on that their narrative has fallen apart so they are getting desperate.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/kyle-rittenhouse-ipad-pinch-to-zoom-lawyers-claim-142110207.html

" This was an attempt to prevent the jury from getting a clearer view of the action, not a genuine challenge to the integrity of the video."

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
fadskier
Redbrickbear said:

"Everyone should watch the Kyle Rittenhouse trial if they can. It is one of the great trials in US history - but it shouldn't be happening. Why not?

Because historically a CLEAR self defense case with so much defense evidence is not charged as a crime to begin with.

This case is a sign of the times for the revolutionary moment we are in. It will be studied long into the future - no matter who wins the case or which side wins the revolution. It is a historical marker.

The State - through its prosecution - is throwing THE BOOK at an 18 year old with no criminal history. The STATE is DIRECTLY challenging a founding principle of America as we knew it - that Americans can defend themselves, their property & community from terrorist mobs.

The idea that Americans are not free to protect their communities when law & order breakdown and are overwhelmed by radical, dangerous, lawless revolutionary forces would be UNTHINKABLE to all prior generations of Americans & certainly the founders.

The STATE is arguing that Kyle should have not defended himself or his community. They are defacto agreeing with the leftists that America itself is flawed, shameful & should be punished and possibly dissolved. In a way America itself is on trial. The 2nd Amendment is on trial. The right to self defense is on trial.

I get what you are saying except it wasn't his community or property. That being said, I think he should be fined for crossing states line and putting himself in that position, but it was not murder and he should not have any jail time.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
riflebear
FormerFlash said:

There have been recently on subways. One guy hitting a women in the face while no one does anything and the worst of them a woman raped on a subway while spectators did nothing. Insane.

Not to mention looters and thief's stealing snd hurting people in broad daylight in NYC and other places while people do nothing. It's getting crazy out there. Glad I moved out of the city.
GrowlTowel
fadskier said:

Redbrickbear said:

I get what you are saying except it wasn't his community or property. That being said, I think he should be fined for crossing states line and putting himself in that position, but it was not murder and he should not have any jail time.
What law did he break to justify your "fine?"
GrowlTowel
riflebear said:

FormerFlash said:

There have been recently on subways. One guy hitting a women in the face while no one does anything and the worst of them a woman raped on a subway while spectators did nothing. Insane.

Not to mention looters and thief's stealing snd hurting people in broad daylight in NYC and other places while people do nothing. It's getting crazy out there. Glad I moved out of the city.
And now that massive inflation is back, it is the 1970s all over again. Complete with a new Jimmy Carter as president.
Mothra
GrowlTowel said:

riflebear said:

FormerFlash said:

And now that massive inflation is back, it is the 1970s all over again. Complete with a new Jimmy Carter as president.
Biden's ability to f things up makes Carter look like an amateur, and will be the cause of a massive red wave in the mid-terms, much to the consternation of the Never Trumpers on this board.
fadskier
GrowlTowel said:

fadskier said:

Redbrickbear said:

Unlawful possession in the state of Wisconsin (he wasn't 18). Also, I believe you have to have an Illinois firearm ID which he did not possess.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
GrowlTowel said:

riflebear said:

FormerFlash said:

So do you remember in the late 70s when people stole gas? They would siphon gas right out of your tank. If gas prices go much higher, we may see that again. Might be time to get some locking gas caps.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
303Bear
fadskier said:

Redbrickbear said:

his father lives in Kenosha and he had a summer job there.

It is unclear whether or not a group of people were asked by the owners to protect the property.

Why would he be fined for crossing state lines? What crime did he commit in taking that action? (hint - the answer is none).
Mothra
fadskier said:

GrowlTowel said:

fadskier said:

Redbrickbear said:

Unlawful possession in the state of Wisconsin (he wasn't 18). Also, I believe you have to have an Illinois firearm ID which he did not possess.

My understanding is that the unlawful possession charge does not apply to rifles, so I think he skates on that one. As for the Illinois claim, as long as he didn't bring the rifle across state lines into Illinois (which according to the testimony, he didn't), he is not in violation of that either.
Forest Bueller_bf
Porteroso said:

br53 said:

Porteroso said:

GrowlTowel said:

Porteroso said:

Malbec said:

Porteroso said:

muddybrazos said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Any speak of his travel to the riots means nothing. He has as much right to be there guarding against the rioters as the rioters had to be there rioting. Period. He had every right to use deadly force against a violent man threatening to kill him and chasing him, grabbing for his gun in his final moments. He had every right to defend himself from the man who tried to hit him in the head with a skateboard. He had every right to shoot the armed rioter who was aiming his pistol at him. The kid should walk.

No but he didn't have any reason to be there. Whether he had the right to be flaunting an AR he didn't own, in another state, was an interesting legal discussion, but the guy is an idiot who was looking for trouble. Trouble may have found him before he started his own, but he's an idiot for being there at all.

Edit: also wasn't he 17? Can we just agree that we wouldn't enjoy the results of a police force full of 17 year olds? That maybe policing should not be done by rando 17 year olds?
Did the pedo or the other felon that he shot have a good reason to be there? Did Gaige have a good reason to pull a gun on him or to be there at all? All 3 of the people that he shot were from other states and most likely paid to go there and start trouble.

So he's an idiot 17 year old that borrowed an AR and went to police a riot filled with idiots. Does that make you feel better?

They were doing something dumb so he did too? How old are you? That one hasn't worked for me in a long time, probably ever.
That's a gross mischaracterization of why he was there. He didn't just hear about some planned demonstration and show up to bust some heads. He was asked to be there to help protect a business. I'm not surprised though. What time is your MSNBC show? I wouldn't want to miss it this week.

I bet they stream them on the internet now, if you need to catch up. Technology is crazy right?

Also I saw the video, and was not aware he was anywhere near a business. Where was this business he was protecting in the video? Seems he was out amongst the rioters, on the street. That's just what I remember from the video, I could be wrong, but seems "he was asked to protect a business" is a gross mischaracterization of what he did.

You don't seem to know much about this case. Why offer opinions on it?

I don't really know much, that's true. I'm not following this guy like he's George Washington's reincarnation.

Can you answer my question? How far away was he from the business he was protecting? I guess I could Google it too.

Edit: so at some point he left the dealership he was "protecting" and police barred him from returning there. 6 minutes later, he was in the middle of rioters, and killed a few.

I think I'm right. Crazy that you don't need to intimately follow the case of a 17 year old mingling with the rioters he's trying to police, with an AR, to know he's an absolute imbecile.
It is not illegal to be stupid.
I'm not saying he did anything illegal. I'm fine with letting the court figure that out. I'm simply saying he's stupid. We have many freedoms in this country that are ridiculous, and I love it, but with that comes responsibility, and this guy put himself in a really, really, really stupid situation.
If he is stupid, how stupid are the people that don't have a firearm and try to violently pursue and attack someone who does have a firearm.
303Bear
fadskier said:

GrowlTowel said:

fadskier said:

Redbrickbear said:

It is an open question in front of the court whether his possession of the firearm that night was legal or not. There are conflicting statutes, so at a minimum, there is an argument for unconstitutional vagueness. After reviewing the statues, the legislature clearly didnt do their research when putting the latter law in place, and I err on the side that it was not illegal for KR to possess the rifle that night. In any event, the charge is a misdemeanor, and does not mitigate his self-defense claim.

He was not in Illinois and the rifle never left Wisconsin, so Illinois gun possession laws are completely irrelevant here.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
The investigating officer that arrived on the scene is a hottie!!! She is on the stand now.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Redbrickbear

riflebear
Redbrickbear said:

This prosecutor will be studied for years as one of the worst.

Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

br53 said:

Porteroso said:

GrowlTowel said:

Porteroso said:

Malbec said:

Porteroso said:

muddybrazos said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Any speak of his travel to the riots means nothing. He has as much right to be there guarding against the rioters as the rioters had to be there rioting. Period. He had every right to use deadly force against a violent man threatening to kill him and chasing him, grabbing for his gun in his final moments. He had every right to defend himself from the man who tried to hit him in the head with a skateboard. He had every right to shoot the armed rioter who was aiming his pistol at him. The kid should walk.

No but he didn't have any reason to be there. Whether he had the right to be flaunting an AR he didn't own, in another state, was an interesting legal discussion, but the guy is an idiot who was looking for trouble. Trouble may have found him before he started his own, but he's an idiot for being there at all.

Edit: also wasn't he 17? Can we just agree that we wouldn't enjoy the results of a police force full of 17 year olds? That maybe policing should not be done by rando 17 year olds?
Did the pedo or the other felon that he shot have a good reason to be there? Did Gaige have a good reason to pull a gun on him or to be there at all? All 3 of the people that he shot were from other states and most likely paid to go there and start trouble.

So he's an idiot 17 year old that borrowed an AR and went to police a riot filled with idiots. Does that make you feel better?

They were doing something dumb so he did too? How old are you? That one hasn't worked for me in a long time, probably ever.
That's a gross mischaracterization of why he was there. He didn't just hear about some planned demonstration and show up to bust some heads. He was asked to be there to help protect a business. I'm not surprised though. What time is your MSNBC show? I wouldn't want to miss it this week.

I bet they stream them on the internet now, if you need to catch up. Technology is crazy right?

Also I saw the video, and was not aware he was anywhere near a business. Where was this business he was protecting in the video? Seems he was out amongst the rioters, on the street. That's just what I remember from the video, I could be wrong, but seems "he was asked to protect a business" is a gross mischaracterization of what he did.

I don't really know much, that's true. I'm not following this guy like he's George Washington's reincarnation.

Can you answer my question? How far away was he from the business he was protecting? I guess I could Google it too.

Edit: so at some point he left the dealership he was "protecting" and police barred him from returning there. 6 minutes later, he was in the middle of rioters, and killed a few.

I think I'm right. Crazy that you don't need to intimately follow the case of a 17 year old mingling with the rioters he's trying to police, with an AR, to know he's an absolute imbecile.
I'm not saying he did anything illegal. I'm fine with letting the court figure that out. I'm simply saying he's stupid. We have many freedoms in this country that are ridiculous, and I love it, but with that comes responsibility, and this guy put himself in a really, really, really stupid situation.
Are the rioters stupid? Are the 2 people that got killed stupid for trying to fight with an armed man?
Wrecks Quan Dough
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

br53 said:

Porteroso said:

GrowlTowel said:

Porteroso said:

Malbec said:

Porteroso said:

muddybrazos said:

Porteroso said:

Wangchung said:

Are the rioters stupid? Are the 2 people that got killed stupid for trying to fight with an armed man?
Never bring a skateboard to a gunfight.
Whiskey Pete
fadskier said:

GrowlTowel said:

fadskier said:

Redbrickbear said:

How long has it been illegal for crossing state lines in America?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.