Waco Development

69,381 Views | 827 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Wichitabear
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When was the Robinson water tower across from Hillcrest built?

I just saw another google street view directly in front of the water tower. There is still a sign there stating 635 acres for sale? I don't think I'm the only one who thought that was designated for industrial park since someone else asked if the billion dollar investment was going to be there. It is possible the sign is right along a boundary of the property I'm thinking about and a separate 635 acre tract for sale. All of it is pretty undeveloped right now so it is hard to tell.
BaylorHistory
PartyBear said:

The one behind McDonalds? I wanna say 2000ish.
“People who live in glass houses...have to answer the door."
PartyBear
No it is literally across 35 from Tractor Supply there is nothing on the large expanse of land but the water tower.
whitetrash
PartyBear said:

No it is literally across 35 from Tractor Supply there is nothing on the large expanse of land but the water tower.
It's not there on StreetView. Current pic is from November 2016.
Weston Rogers
whitetrash said:

PartyBear said:

It's not there on StreetView. Current pic is from November 2016.
It's been built within the past 2 years.
PartyBear
I swear I saw it on street view yesterday hitting the access road in front of that land almost directly across from the tractor supply. That is why I was confused both the water tower was there and a sign in front for 635 acres for sale.
BaylorGuy314
The Robinson water tower has been built in the last 6 months.
PartyBear
Then the land I thought was for industrial park is for sale or has recently been sold.
cowboycwr
PartyBear said:

I just saw another google street view directly in front of the water tower. There is still a sign there stating 635 acres for sale? I don't think I'm the only one who thought that was designated for industrial park since someone else asked if the billion dollar investment was going to be there. It is possible the sign is right along a boundary of the property I'm thinking about and a separate 635 acre tract for sale. All of it is pretty undeveloped right now so it is hard to tell.

Work was finished in April or May on the tower itself but I think they just finished the work on the pipes going into it recently.

The land around is for the industrial park. Just not that small tract.
Ike Lee
Here is a question for those in the know: Are the commercial agents sniffing around, or buying property, in Waco locals (Cromwell etc) or are they from out of town. I'd assume investor money is coming from outside of the city.
trey3216
Runningbearjr said:

Here is a question for those in the know: Are the commercial agents sniffing around, or buying property, in Waco locals (Cromwell etc) or are they from out of town. I'd assume investor money is coming from outside of the city.
Both
Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Old300Bear
Speaking of the Grant Hotel. I had not seen this video of the proposed development around it. I know it is pie in the sky, but I hope this somehow gets done. This would be really special.

https://vimeo.com/249474508
Fred Barber
CorsicanaBear
Watched the video. I wouldn't even care to speculate what kind of drugs they must be doing, but it must be some good ****.

So now in addition to a grand hotel next to the county jail, we have a white water river course, the worlds tallest climbing wall, and a giant river cruise liner.
Illigitimus non carborundum
UBBY
Well, some fun ideas but they're a no go. Heritage Square and the billion dollar industrial complex. Grant Hotel should be expected to announce soon that it's a no go?

As an added bonus, the second phase of the I-35 construction isn't expected to be worked on until past 2030.

Other projects that are in the pipeline but no exact timetable:

Expand Hewitt Drive to 6 lanes.

Expand Marlin Hwy to Bellmead to 4 lanes.

Expand hwy 6 between the malls to 6 lanes.
trey3216
UBBY said:

Well, some fun ideas but they're a no go. Heritage Square and the billion dollar industrial complex. Grant Hotel should be expected to announce soon that it's a no go?

As an added bonus, the second phase of the I-35 construction isn't expected to be worked on until past 2030.

Hewitt Drive to 6 lanes would be even worse than It already is. Trying to get across from the side streets will be straight Thunderdome
UBBY
trey3216 said:

UBBY said:

Hewitt Drive to 6 lanes would be even worse than It already is. Trying to get across from the side streets will be straight Thunderdome
Yeah I agree. I have enough trouble getting across there already.
Wichitabear
I loved the WaterWorks!!!!
Yogi
Schulman out; Main Event in...

https://www.wacotrib.com/business/high-tech-bowling-venue-could-join-cinemark-topgolf-at-i/article_f64d88fe-2758-5ded-8dae-4f4ce916b251.html

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Baylor Pride
Question about "University Parks Drive"... has it always had that name?

I'm curious about renaming the "N University Parks Drive" portion or the portion west of I-35 something like Cameron Parks Drive to help elevate the awareness/promotion of Cameron Park.
Baylor Alum - Class of '99
Old300Bear
Wasn't University Parks originally 1st Street?
Fred Barber
Yogi
Baylor Pride said:

I'm curious about renaming the "N University Parks Drive" portion or the portion west of I-35 something like Cameron Parks Drive to help elevate the awareness/promotion of Cameron Park.

I like UP, but if you're going to rename it anything, then you gotta name it "Mulkey Way" for the Coach Mulkeys...
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
trey3216
Old300Bear said:

Wasn't University Parks originally 1st Street?
I believe so.
Baylor Pride
Yogi said:

Baylor Pride said:

I like UP, but if you're going to rename it anything, then you gotta name it "Mulkey Way" for the Coach Mulkeys...
If new arena goes to downtown location, then I can see renaming University Parks for Mulkey. If new arena goes on site of Ferrel Center parking or to a central campus location, I would name something for Mulkey at site of new arena.
Baylor Alum - Class of '99
Wichitabear
This is nice. I hope this gets done

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.