Beto

98,356 Views | 957 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Golem
El Oso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cruz is outdebating Beto. It's clear who prepared for tonight and who is winging it.

One liners, laying traps, using what he says against him, using what he doesn't say against him.

It's a clinic.

But Cruz does look like a major *****.
Forest Bueller
Robert Francis sounds like the rich laid back frat guy allowed to rattle endlessly, because daddy has a whole lot of money and he is handsome, so some folks listen anyway.

Seems like a kid.

He is certainly the king of acedotal evidence. Even better than Jinx. I'll give him that.

Ted as usual seems pretty stiff, but is a loaded with information. Seems like he was certainly a nerd growing up.
ROTC President/Student Council President.

And for the 10th time, I've been to all the counties. All 254. I'm special.
riflebear
I found Cinque....wait for it. Must watch...

GrowlTowel
bubbadog said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

BETO is a POS and enough Texans are smart enough to see right through his fake latino ass.

BETO quote

Quote:

I mentioned going to the high school in Roscoe, I also went to the cotton gin in Roscoe. And at that cotton gin, there are 24 jobs and the manager of that gin says it does not matter the wages that I pay or the number of hours that we set no one born in Roscoe or Texas or this country who is willing to work. But there are immigrants who are coming from Central America or Mexico or other parts of the world to Roscoe to work these jobs and to help build our economy. [Emphasis added]

This guy is so full of crap, this is just a flat lie and he knows it. We had a cotton gin outside of Chilton too, I think it was in Cego, he is so full of crap, I worked in the cotton fields 6 consecutive summers, I had friends who worked the Gin, ethnicity had nothing to do with it. We all did the work.

Punk ass just needs to go away, he is fake, his answers are fake and he is full of ***** Yes, metro guys like him never showed up in the fields or gins or barns or hay fields to do the hard work, real guys do that.
I worked in cotton fields, too. But that was 45 years ago or more. A lot has changed since then.

It seems to be generally true that farmers like the ones I worked for have trouble finding US-born workers to fill all those jobs anymore.

Several years ago, when Alabama launched a crackdown against immigrant labor, the farmers practically revolted. Their crops were rotting in the fields for lack of workers. In places like Iowa and Kansas, food processing plants would shut down without immigrant labor. It's a real problem.
This is not how a free market system works. Without immigrant labor, they would not shut down, they would pay higher wages and come up with better working conditions and incentives until they had the workers they needed to do the job. The price of food would go up, but they would not shut down and leave us with nothing to eat.
Yeah, it's a nice theory, but it has run up against some harsh realities in Alabama, Iowa and other parts of rural America where agribusiness is big.

Alabama farmers would tell you that they don't have anywhere close to the ability to pass along higher labor costs as market theory would predict. Instead, they get squeezed.

And the cost of labor is far from the only issue. Talk to employers in manufacturing and food processing across Heartland America, and you hear the same thing over and over and over: they can't find enough people who can pass a drug test. And of those who can pass a drug test, they can't find enough who will show up regularly for work on time. They rely on immigrant labor (legal and otherwise) to fill the gap. Take away immigrant labor, and the disruption to their industries is huge. That's why Republican farmers in Alabama revolted against Republican leadership in the statehouse.
Here is what I have never understood about the immigrant farm labor issue . . . how many more illegals do American farmers need? There are already 11 to 20 million of them here. You would think that is enough to fill the void of "Americans will not do this work."

Do we need another 5 million? 30 million? Seems like an economist could easily figure that out.

The market beats an economist any day. Deregulate immigration and let's go.
Then what is the point of boarders at all? If there are no boarders, how can there be a sovereign state?
I don't agree with deregulating immigration (my statist side is showing). Just grant enough work permits for unskilled laborers to let the supply meet the demand legally rather than illegally.

This does not have to involve a pathway to citizenship for those who come on work permits. And we don't have to give them permanent residency if they happen to have children here who automatically are American citizens, though we could allow their work permits to be renewed.

On this, we agree.
GrowlTowel
HuMcK said:

Debate moderator pretty clearly has a favorite, that's not a good look. Beto whiffed badly on the 2nd amendment topics.

Honesty is a whiff? He stated what he believes.

Granted his ideas are crazy but at least he is honest about them.
ScottS
Wow Beto is a major lefty and not hiding it. If he wins in Texas he will have pulled off the upset of all-time.
MilliVanilli
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

BETO is a POS and enough Texans are smart enough to see right through his fake latino ass.

BETO quote

Quote:

I mentioned going to the high school in Roscoe, I also went to the cotton gin in Roscoe. And at that cotton gin, there are 24 jobs and the manager of that gin says it does not matter the wages that I pay or the number of hours that we set no one born in Roscoe or Texas or this country who is willing to work. But there are immigrants who are coming from Central America or Mexico or other parts of the world to Roscoe to work these jobs and to help build our economy. [Emphasis added]

This guy is so full of crap, this is just a flat lie and he knows it. We had a cotton gin outside of Chilton too, I think it was in Cego, he is so full of crap, I worked in the cotton fields 6 consecutive summers, I had friends who worked the Gin, ethnicity had nothing to do with it. We all did the work.

Punk ass just needs to go away, he is fake, his answers are fake and he is full of ***** Yes, metro guys like him never showed up in the fields or gins or barns or hay fields to do the hard work, real guys do that.
I worked in cotton fields, too. But that was 45 years ago or more. A lot has changed since then.

It seems to be generally true that farmers like the ones I worked for have trouble finding US-born workers to fill all those jobs anymore.

Several years ago, when Alabama launched a crackdown against immigrant labor, the farmers practically revolted. Their crops were rotting in the fields for lack of workers. In places like Iowa and Kansas, food processing plants would shut down without immigrant labor. It's a real problem.
This is not how a free market system works. Without immigrant labor, they would not shut down, they would pay higher wages and come up with better working conditions and incentives until they had the workers they needed to do the job. The price of food would go up, but they would not shut down and leave us with nothing to eat.
Yeah, it's a nice theory, but it has run up against some harsh realities in Alabama, Iowa and other parts of rural America where agribusiness is big.

Alabama farmers would tell you that they don't have anywhere close to the ability to pass along higher labor costs as market theory would predict. Instead, they get squeezed.

And the cost of labor is far from the only issue. Talk to employers in manufacturing and food processing across Heartland America, and you hear the same thing over and over and over: they can't find enough people who can pass a drug test. And of those who can pass a drug test, they can't find enough who will show up regularly for work on time. They rely on immigrant labor (legal and otherwise) to fill the gap. Take away immigrant labor, and the disruption to their industries is huge. That's why Republican farmers in Alabama revolted against Republican leadership in the statehouse.
Here is what I have never understood about the immigrant farm labor issue . . . how many more illegals do American farmers need? There are already 11 to 20 million of them here. You would think that is enough to fill the void of "Americans will not do this work."

Do we need another 5 million? 30 million? Seems like an economist could easily figure that out.

Yeah, that's anarchy, not a free market.

Might as well abolish the constitution as you'll have made American citizenship worthless.
quash
MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

BETO quote

Quote:

Might as well abolish the constitution as you'll have made American citizenship worthless.
Where do you get your definition of "deregulate"?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
Florda_mike said:

GrowlTowel said:

cinque said:

whitetrash said:

cinque said:

I'm guessing grandma doesn't have a smartphone to receive her 5 spam texts a day from Robby the Fake Mexican.
You think this an ethical thing to do?

Dude looks like a homo. Hilarious.

Go Beto Go.
Good god you guys are so mature.

He wears dresses

Will he become just another she someday?
Waco1947
JXL
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/beto-orourke-wont-get-brett-kavanaugh-treatment/

The media are curiously uninterested in investigating the unanswered questions surrounding criminal misconduct in O'Rourke's past.
I used to see the mainstream media as an adjunct of the Democratic party. That's debatable; it could be that the party is the adjunct. Either way, the most brazenly overt aspect of the partnership is that the press no longer even feigns interest in allegations against nominees; it is interested only in allegations against Republican nominees.

We await the next shoe to drop in the Judge Kavanaugh saga. Rest assured that if there's a rumor that, in third grade, young Brett yanked on the ponytails of the girl in the second row (war on women!), the New York Times, NBC News, and phalanxes of their journalistic colleagues will be all over it.

Meanwhile, Representative Beto O'Rourke had a pair of felony arrests in his mid-to-late 20s, including a reckless drunk-driving incident in which he crashed into a car and allegedly tried to flee from the scene. The cases appear to have mysteriously disappeared without serious prosecution, notwithstanding that O'Rourke continues to deny basic facts outlined in at least one police report.

So, what really happened? We don't know. See, Representative O'Rourke is a Democrat.

Not just that. O'Rourke is the Democrat running for a Senate seat against Ted Cruz, the Republican incumbent who is a favorite of grass-roots conservatives. Consequently, the press and Democrats have about as much interest in probing O'Rourke's checkered past as they do in exploring allegations against Keith Ellison the hard-Left Minnesota congressman, attorney-general candidate, and deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee, who has been accused of physically abusing his longtime girlfriend.

NOW WATCH: 'GOP Stands By Kavanaugh'

O'Rourke appears to be quite the character, notwithstanding the media's indifference.

In the wee hours of the morn on September 27, 1998, at age 26 (i.e., considerably older than Kavanaugh was at the time of his alleged misconduct), O'Rourke lost control of his car while speeding eastbound on route I-10 in El Paso. According to the police report, after he struck a truck, O'Rourke's Volvo careened through the center median and finally screeched to a halt facing eastbound on the westbound side. Police say that O'Rourke attempted to flee from the scene of the crash but was stopped by a witness who, simultaneously, had to warn oncoming traffic of the danger. When he was ultimately apprehended, O'Rourke told police he'd had only two beers. In reality, a breath test indicated a blood-alcohol level of 0.136, well above the 0.10 legal limit a fact police discovered after he slurred his words so badly he could barely be understood and could not pass simple walking tests.

The Cruz campaign has asked about the incident, but O'Rourke has denied the police report's allegation that he tried to leave the scene. So . . . did he? And did he make false statements to police about his alcohol intake after crashing into another vehicle at a high speed (but, luckily, not killing anyone)?

We don't know. His name is not Kavanaugh and he's not a Republican. We are told it is vital to find out what Kavanaugh did and how much alcohol he consumed while doing it. In O'Rourke's case . . . not so much.

By the way, the drunk-driving incident is not a one-off, an aberration in an otherwise uneventful early adulthood. About three years before the car crash, O'Rourke was arrested for allegedly burglarizing a campus building at the University of Texas at El Paso. He reportedly claimed the incident was a college prank, but he was not a college student at the time.

Both of these potential felony cases against O'Rourke seem to have been dropped. This is strange, particularly given the palpable seriousness of the car crash and alleged attempted flight. The press is remarkably uncurious about the unanswered questions, taking a "nothing to see here" approach to the lack of prosecution.

Interestingly, O'Rourke's late father, Pat, a longtime political ally of Texas's Democratic governor Mark White, was a powerful El Paso judge in the mid '80s, a few years before Beto's hijinks. In 1983, a condom filled with white powder, suspected to be narcotics, was found in Judge O'Rourke's car while it was being serviced. But a sheriff-captain, conveniently surmising that Judge O'Rourke must be the target of a frame-up, directed subordinate officers to flush the powder down a toilet. Voila! the matter was dropped.

All in the family? You might say that. In 2010, Charlotte's Furniture, a longtime O'Rourke family business then run by the congressman's mother, Melissa, pled guilty to federal money-laundering charges specifically, to avoiding currency-transaction reporting requirements by structuring $630,000 in payments by a single customer.

Who was the customer, who apparently needed $630,000 worth of furniture? Was the customer involved in laundering money connected to some illicit cash business such as drug trafficking? Why was only the O'Rourke business prosecuted (a $500,000 fine, half of which was suspended), as opposed to the business's operator(s) or employee(s) who carried out the illegal structuring? We don't know; the authorities have sealed the relevant records and well, I'll be darned journalists have not been curious enough to investigate.

Meanwhile, as a first-term lawmaker, O'Rourke skirted a 2012 law that barred members of Congress from profiting on initial public offerings of stock based on information not available to the public. A House Ethics Committee memo warned members to avoid such IPOs as Twitter's, which was about to launch. O'Rourke, who says he did not see the memo (but was nevertheless required to follow the law), bought Twitter shares, then quickly sold many of them as the stock rocketed higher in value. After he found out that Legistorm, a congressional news site, had caught wind of the transaction, O'Rourke fessed up to the Ethics Committee that he had engaged in several IPO trades. The congressman agreed to sell off IPO shares he was still holding and send the Treasury Department a check for what he said was the amount of his profits. The matter appears to have been dropped without any law-enforcement investigation.

Oh, and he said he was sorry. Clearly . . . nothing to see here, right?

The point here, we should stress, is not that people can't redeem themselves. We're all sinners. We've all done things we're not proud of. It is not a matter of O'Rourke's being disqualified; that's for Texans to decide. The question is whether we should tolerate a blatant double standard in the media reporting on which we rely to make important decisions.

Like Brett Kavanaugh, Beto O'Rourke is seeking one of the most important positions in the U.S. government. Unlike Kavanaugh, O'Rourke will have no swarms of reporters combing through files and tracking down witnesses about the details of years-old misconduct misconduct that, in O'Rourke's case, is not merely "alleged" but actually happened. There will be no television-spectacle hearing. He will be treated with respect, not treated as if he were a criminal suspect.

It's good to be a Democrat.
GrowlTowel
Florda_mike
Beto is a future drag queen!

I'm clairvoyant too!
MilliVanilli
quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

BETO quote

Quote:

If you want no regulation on immigration then you want no barriers at all, anything other than free undocumented movement is regulation.
GrowlTowel
Florda_mike said:

Beto is a future drag queen!

I'm clairvoyant too!

Future? He/she will do whatever it takes.
quash
MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

BETO quote

Quote:

If you want no regulation on immigration then you want no barriers at all, anything other than free undocumented movement is regulation.

I said deregulation for a reason. You have confused that with unregulated.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
MilliVanilli
quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

BETO quote

Quote:

I apologize if that was your intent, typically people use them interchangeably.
quash
MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

bubbadog said:

D. C. Bear said:

bubbadog said:

Forest Bueller said:

Doc Holliday said:

BETO quote

Quote:

I apologize if that was your intent, typically people use them interchangeably.

No prob, I try to be precise.
Doc Holliday
Beto O'Rourke Has Been Flagged for Campaign Finance Violations, 'for accepting "excessive" and "impermissible" donations from individuals from outside of the country'... Foreign meddling!

Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Beto O'Rourke Has Been Flagged for Campaign Finance Violations, 'for accepting "excessive" and "impermissible" donations from individuals from outside of the country'... Foreign meddling!

Yeah Soros is heavily invested in bringing down our country and is backing the communist ex-mayor of Tallahassee for governor here in Florida

Beto the commie being backed by Soros? Surprise surprise

I'll dance on Soros funeral day!
Doc Holliday
Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

Yeah Soros is heavily invested in bringing down our country and is backing the communist ex-mayor of Tallahassee for governor here in Florida

Beto the commie being backed by Soros? Surprise surprise

I'll dance on Soros funeral day!
Same. Soros has been a life long shorting player.

He's pumped billions into "progressive" propaganda to sway elections and politics.
Waco1947
Doc the Koch brothers called. They want recognition too
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Doc the Koch brothers called. They want recognition too
Yep not a fan of establishment republicans either.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
I just can't decide who to vote for! I am going to have to consult with the Russians on Facebook before making my decision.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I just can't decide who to vote for! I am going to have to consult with the Russians on Facebook before making my decision.
I really don't want to vote for Cruz, but I can't send another Spartacus to DC
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yep, this is another hold your nose and vote race. Kinda like Hillary vs. Trump was.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Yep, this is another hold your nose and vote race. Kinda like Hillary vs. Trump was.
Exactly
GrowlTowel
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Exactly

Really? One believes the most patriotic thing is to kneel during the national Anthem. You really believe that view should represent Texas? One believes that Trump should be impeached despite having no evidence of a high crime or misdemeanor. You really believe that view should represent Texas.

Cruz may be an ass but he at least represents the majority of Texans.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
quash
GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Exactly

Really? One believes the most patriotic thing is to kneel during the national Anthem. You really believe that view should represent Texas? One believes that Trump should be impeached despite having no evidence of a high crime or misdemeanor. You really believe that view should represent Texas.

Your first assertion is wrong. You should watch the whole answer and Cruz's edit.
Florda_mike
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Exactly

Your first assertion is wrong. You should watch the whole answer and Cruz's edit.

Thanks Quash, for being our guiding local communist
GrowlTowel
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Exactly

I was actually at the town hall. I heard him say it myself.

Sorry. Spin how you would like.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
quash
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Exactly

Seeking accuracy leads to Communism?

Well, you're safe.
Florda_mike
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Exactly

I was actually at the town hall. I heard him say it myself.

Sorry. Spin how you would like.

Well well ..... so MSM isn't reporting Beto said that?

Surprise surprise
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Exactly

Seeking accuracy leads to Communism?

Well, you're safe.

You've never met a liberal, democrat, Socialist or Communist ya didn't defend on here

Craziest thing I've ever seen
Osodecentx
GrowlTowel said:

You're probably right. He is an ass
Florda_mike
Osodecentx said:

GrowlTowel said:

You're probably right. He is an ass

Why didn't people state the obvious about that big eared foolish last president and call him an arrogant azz when he was serving?

He was about the biggest unqualified horses azz we've ever had and that's saying a ton

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.