Beto

98,353 Views | 957 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Golem
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

How did he "play himself as Hispanics??" Examples please
Are you really that lazy? Go back and read my post on that.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Well thank you for off topics comment. Beto did not lie about being Hispanic. You never responded to that lie.

The most telling points about O'Rourke are attached to that $38 million he raised. First, that money was from outside Texas, mostly California and New York. This is important because if you look only at donations from Texas, Cruz is well ahead. The second point of interest is that O'Rourke has set aside that money from use in commercials or to help other Democrats. It sure looks as if O'Rourke knows he won't win the Senate race, but he's making sure he gets a nice consolation prize.
Is he organizing Democrats? Must be because it would be hard to spend $38 million in 1 month. We'll see who turns out to vote
Oldbear83
For the attention-deprived:

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Beto-O-Rourke-has-chance-of-beating-Ted-Cruz-13146113.php

"Baptized Robert Francis O'Rourke, he acquired the nickname Beto as a child. It's short for Roberto in Spanish, a language he speaks fluently."

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/05/30/beto-orourke-ted-cruz-us-senate-race-hispanic/

"Beto is one of us," Gonzalez told the nearly 400 people who crowded into a local football stadium concourse on a humid May afternoon. "He's from the border. ... He understands our culture. El nos conoce." ("He knows us," the McAllen congressman said.) "

"O'Rourke is a self-described "son of the border" who grew up in El Paso and has spent most of his life residing there. While campaigning, he regularly reflects on his experiences growing up and representing a bicultural community that's inextricably linked to Mexico."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/beto-orourke-is-crafting-his-own-mythology/

"Robert Francis O'Rourke is Irish-American, but he grew up in the heavily Latino border town of El Paso and became Beto early on"

Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Well thank you for off topics comment. Beto did not lie about being Hispanic. You never responded to that lie.

The most telling points about O'Rourke are attached to that $38 million he raised. First, that money was from outside Texas, mostly California and New York. This is important because if you look only at donations from Texas, Cruz is well ahead. The second point of interest is that O'Rourke has set aside that money from use in commercials or to help other Democrats. It sure looks as if O'Rourke knows he won't win the Senate race, but he's making sure he gets a nice consolation prize.
Is he organizing Democrats? Must be because it would be hard to spend $38 million in 1 month. We'll see who turns out to vote
He told Schumer to pound sand when asked to share the $$$ with other Democrats.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

What about organizing Texas Dems? That was what I was asking
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

He's not sharing the $$$, and there's no hint he means to help anyone but O'Rourke.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

He's not sharing the $$$, and there's no hint he means to help anyone but O'Rourke.
Scratchy Bear
Beto is like Chipotle...fake Mexican, overrated, and loved by millennials.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Beto-O-Rourke-has-chance-of-beating-Ted-Cruz-13146113.php

"Baptized Robert Francis O'Rourke, he acquired the nickname Beto as a child. It's short for Roberto in Spanish, a language he speaks fluently."

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/05/30/beto-orourke-ted-cruz-us-senate-race-hispanic/

"Beto is one of us," Gonzalez told the nearly 400 people who crowded into a local football stadium concourse on a humid May afternoon. "He's from the border. ... He understands our culture. El nos conoce." ("He knows us," the McAllen congressman said.) "

"O'Rourke is a self-described "son of the border" who grew up in El Paso and has spent most of his life residing there. While campaigning, he regularly reflects on his experiences growing up and representing a bicultural community that's inextricably linked to Mexico."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/beto-orourke-is-crafting-his-own-mythology/

"Robert Francis O'Rourke is Irish-American, but he grew up in the heavily Latino border town of El Paso and became Beto early on"

. Thank you for tracking it down. A friend said, "He's one of us." He is a son of the border.
He represents a bicultural district.
None of that says "I am a Hispanic." It says, "I understand and serve a Hispanic community." Ain't nothing wrong with that
Waco1947
HuMcK
Why Democrats lose: episode infinity.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Scratchy Bear said:

Don't forget about the food poisoning.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
Scratchy Bear said:

Plenty of millennials know he's a sack of stuff.
Florda_mike
Scratchy Bear said:

How well does Beto speak Spanish?
whitetrash
Scratchy Bear said:

Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

. Thank you for tracking it down. A friend said, "He's one of us." He is a son of the border.
He represents a bicultural district.
None of that says "I am a Hispanic." It says, "I understand and serve a Hispanic community." Ain't nothing wrong with that
You remain in denial. No one speaks for O'Rourke at his own rallies without saying what he wants them to say.

Beto ran as a Latino. Didn't work.
Wrecks Quan Dough
He tried to join the Hispanic caucus. He is a wanna be when it suits him.
Oldbear83
Florda_mike said:

Scratchy Bear said:

How well does Beto speak Spanish?
Like a Frito Bandito.

Waco1947
MilliVanilli said:

Scratchy Bear said:

. Yes they do but more know you're lying. and they are voting.
Waco1947
MilliVanilli
Waco1947 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Scratchy Bear said:

I'm a millennial pops, and yes, I am voting and know plenty of millennials just like me.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Scratchy Bear said:

You really don't understand voter demographics.
Gunny Hartman

That's a bold strategy Cotton. Let's see how it works out for him.
Gunny Hartman
HuMcK said:

Pretty sure Democrats lose when folks start figuring out they're nothing but unhinged leftists
Waco1947
Anecdotal but I see anecdotal and raise you my anecdotal millennials , youngster.
"Pops".
Waco1947
MilliVanilli
Waco1947 said:

Anecdotal but I see anecdotal and raise you my anecdotal millennials , youngster.
"Pops".
So I as a living breathing member of the 25 to 35-year-old generation who walks and talks and socializes and works among the age group daily is accused of being "anecdotal" by a baby boomer who has nothing but second-hand anecdotal experiences with my generation.

Fascinating.
Gunny Hartman
Waco1947 said:

"Pops".

Give up the false hope. The millennials are going to be too hungover or too busy getting high with their buddies and playing fortnite to show up to vote for the totalitarian communist that sounds really cool.
Oldbear83
Beto gonna bust.
Waco1947
No I go to church, participate in the community, work alongside at HFH
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
Osodecentx
Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Pretty sure Democrats lose when folks start figuring out they're nothing but unhinged leftists
A lot of us were considering Beto. Then Kavanaugh happened
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

No I go to church, participate in the community, work alongside at HFH
More virtue signalling, I see.

HuMcK
Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

I can't help but roll my eyes when I see this kind of weak logic. Be real with yourself (and us), you weren't really considering voting for him if somehow the Kavanaugh confirmation fight, a situation Beto had literally no involvement in, changed your vote.
Gunny Hartman
HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

I can't help but roll my eyes when I see this kind of weak logic. Be real with yourself (and us), you weren't really considering voting for him if somehow the Kavanaugh confirmation fight, a situation Beto had literally no involvement in, changed your vote.

Not sure what so difficult about that statement to understand. The Kavanaugh hearing demonstrated what happens when unhinged Democrats are in control. Normal, sane Americans want to avoid that kind of madness in our government.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

Waco1947 said:

"Pops".
So I as a living breathing member of the 25 to 35-year-old generation who walks and talks and socializes and works among the age group daily is accused of being "anecdotal" by a baby boomer who has nothing but second-hand anecdotal experiences with my generation.

Fascinating.
Hey there Big Boy. Be careful with the baby boomer jabs. Waco1947 was screwed the day he was born due to his white privilege. Please pray for him.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

I can't stand Cruz, but I also can't contribute to Senators Spartacus, Feinstein, et al. My earlier posts said I wouldn't vote for Cruz, but Democrat Senators on the Judiciary Committee flipped me.

Beto said nothing in defense of due process or fairness. I won't be a part of adding to their tribe.
Gunny Hartman
Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

I can't stand Cruz, but I also can't contribute to Senators Spartacus, Feinstein, et al. My earlier posts said I wouldn't vote for Cruz, but Democrat Senators on the Judiciary Committee flipped me.

Beto said nothing in defense of due process or fairness. I won't be a part of adding to their tribe.

Well then God bless you. These are serious times, and thankfully due to some good policymaking for a change in DC, we've come roaring out of the Leftist hell that Obama drug us down into for 8 years, so thank you for doing your part to help that recovery and prosperity continue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.