Beto

98,364 Views | 957 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Golem
Gunny Hartman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Texas Attorney General race will not be competitive
Gunny Hartman

contrario
HuMcK said:

contrario said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Why Democrats lose: episode infinity.

Pretty sure Democrats lose when folks start figuring out they're nothing but unhinged leftists
A lot of us were considering Beto. Then Kavanaugh happened

I can't help but roll my eyes when I see this kind of weak logic. Be real with yourself (and us), you weren't really considering voting for him if somehow the Kavanaugh confirmation fight, a situation Beto had literally no involvement in, changed your vote.
You are illustrating your ignorance, or youth, or both. Elections for decades have been won or lost by the opinions of moderates. As a simple-minded binary thinker, you are incapable of trying to understand how reasonable people can live in the gray, but millions of Americans do. And they might get on board with a charismatic candidate, or a candidate that has some platforms they believe in even if they don't agree with all of the candidate's platforms. And these voters can also quickly change their mind if the candidate does or says something they disagree with or if there are outside events (such as the SC confirmation) that impact their decision.

You still on about this binary nonsense? Time for some new material I think.

Quote:

I know this is beyond your understanding because you only vote democrat, but there are a lot of free thinkers who aren't slaves to one party.

I've voted Dem in exactly 1 out of 3 Presidential elections so far in my life. I didn't even vote blue in 2016 with Trump on the ballot. I'm one of those independents y'all claim to be, whose vote could be had by any good candidates. It's not my fault the GOP fell victim to this century's greatest con-man and abandoned good-faith altogether.
You claim to be an independent, but it is beyond your comprehension that an independent would change their mind based on outside events. I call BS.

And yes, you are a binary. If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's a duck. You have demonstrated over a long period of time that you are a simple-minded binary. I can predict your response to any topic with 99.9% certainty (you got me one time that you owned guns).
Waco1947
What duck?
Waco1947
whitetrash
Waco1947 said:

What duck?
PartyBear
Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Pretty sure Democrats lose when folks start figuring out they're nothing but unhinged leftists
Good Lord you would never vote for anyone with a D next to their name even if it was Art Briles running for Baylor Head Football Coach. Why do you even pretend with this stuff?
Waco1947
Waco1947 said:

What duck?
and again what duck and what are you identifying in Beto
Waco1947
quash
MilliVanilli said:

Waco1947 said:

No I go to church, participate in the community, work alongside at HFH
Like I said, you have peripheral experiences and yet condescend to the real McCoy as anecdotal.
What do you think "anecdotal" means?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

It's a trumped up issue by the gop. No Hispanics have been "foooled" into supporting him.
You have it backwards, 'Beto' tried to sell himself as a 'Son of the Border'. Didn't work. GOP had nothing to do with O'Rourke's Fantasy Island episode.

Turns out Hispanics don't like DUI drivers, especially when they try to flee the scene.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
MilliVanilli
quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

Waco1947 said:

Like I said, you have peripheral experiences and yet condescend to the real McCoy as anecdotal.
You sure hate definitions.

anecdotal
/ankddl/
adjective

[ol]
  • (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.
    "while there was much anecdotal evidence there was little hard fact"
    • characterized by or fond of telling anecdotes.
      "her book is anecdotal and chatty"
    • (of a painting) depicting small narrative incidents.
      "nineteenth-century French anecdotal paintings"
    [/ol]

Guess what, when you're a millennial 24 hours a day and seven days a week working in five cities in three states
    alongside millennials, you're living the life and walking in the shoes of a millennial and with a generous cross-section of your own generation.

What do you think anecdotal means would be a better question, you appear to have as deficient a grasp on the meaning as you do the meaning of fetus.

One who is born into and immersed in a generation is not cast aside as "anecdotal", especially by the ignorant partisan assumptions of a baby boomer who doesn't want to have their narrative disrupted.

http://time.com/4909722/trump-millennials-igen-republicans-voters/
    Osodecentx
    PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Good Lord you would never vote for anyone with a D next to their name even if it was Art Briles running for Baylor Head Football Coach. Why do you even pretend with this stuff?
    Not true

Never voted a straight ticket
    Waco1947
    Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Not true

. I vote Democrat for every office unless there is no D then I vote libertarian. The gop has lost its mind in an alternate universe. I would vote gop if they had sanity. I would like to see a balanced budget and the call to self responsibity and opportunity
    Waco1947
    Oldbear83
    Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Not true

. I vote Democrat for every office unless there is no D then I vote libertarian. The gop has lost its mind in an alternate universe. I would vote gop if they had sanity. I would like to see a balanced budget and the call to self responsibity and opportunity
    You make excuses for malicious bigotry, and weak-ass ones at that.
    Gunny Hartman
    Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Not true

Someone help me out, is today opposite day?
    whitetrash
    Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Not true

Waco1947
    "Malicious bigotry". Please show me an example of malicious bigotry. Thank you.
    Waco1947
    Florda_mike
    Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Not true

You said you'd stop hitting space button and making a period before your statement!

Why are you still doing it?
    Waco1947
    Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Not true

Yep. I am a Lincoln, TR, Eisenhower and Reagan (who voted for once. He was going to balance the Budget). Republican. I probably should have voted for GHW Bush. But then Gingrich happened.
    Waco1947
    Florda_mike
    Waco1947 said:

And the period goes before end quote and not after! Get your periods right
    Gunny Hartman
    Waco1947 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Not true

Yep. I am a Lincoln, TR, Eisenhower and Reagan (who voted for once. He was going to balance the Budget). Republican. I probably should have voted for GHW Bush. But then Gingrich happened.

Waco1947 really could use your help right here:

https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/34801
    Waco1947
    Thank you. I let it slip.
    Waco1947
    Florda_mike
    Waco1947 said:

Thank you. I let it slip.

Need to see progress please
    Gunny Hartman
    Waco1947 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Not true

Also Reagan and Teddy Roosevelt were pretty much exact opposites but I appreciate the consistency
    Waco1947
    Sure I'll be glad to help. I looked but I don't get it.
    Waco1947
    Gunny Hartman
    Waco1947 said:

Well it's about how we need to elect more Democrats because they've unequivocally proven how awesome they are at governing as proven by the 2011 changes they made to Title IX. Of course every Baylor fan got to witness this awesomeness first hand.
    Waco1947
    Yes sir
    Waco1947
    Waco1947
    Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

Well it's about how we need to elect more Democrats because they've unequivocally proven how awesome they are at governing as proven by the 2011 changes they made to Title IX. Of course every Baylor fan got to witness awesomeness this first hand.

That's your opinion. It was up to BU to enforce. That's the failure.
    Waco1947
    Gunny Hartman
    Waco1947 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

Well it's about how we need to elect more Democrats because they've unequivocally proven how awesome they are at governing as proven by the 2011 changes they made to Title IX. Of course every Baylor fan got to witness awesomeness this first hand.

Totally agree. I just don't think they went far enough in changing Title IX which is why I started the thread
    Oldbear83
    Waco1947 said:

Pretty much your post history here.
    quash
    MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

Waco1947 said:

anecdotal
    /ankddl/
    adjective

[ol]
  • (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.
    [/ol]

Guess what, when you're a millennial 24 hours a day and seven days a week working in five cities in three states
    alongside millennials, you're living the life and walking in the shoes of a millennial and with a generous cross-section of your own generation.

What do you think anecdotal means would be a better question, you appear to have as deficient a grasp on the meaning as you do the meaning of fetus.

One who is born into and immersed in a generation is not cast aside as "anecdotal", especially by the ignorant partisan assumptions of a baby boomer who doesn't want to have their narrative disrupted.

I love definitions. You appear oblivious as to why this applies to you.
    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
    quash
    Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

Totally agree. I just don't think they went far enough in changing Title IX which is why I started the thread
    Sec DeVos rescinded the Dear Colleague letter, yes? I only wanted her to do two things, that and get the govt out of the loan guarantee business, and I thought she did the first.
    Waco1947
    Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I do believe that just like to wave around lies and leave.
    Waco1947
    Oldbear83
    Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

I do believe that just like to wave around lies and leave.
    Your grammar is like your integrity - crappy.
    MilliVanilli
    quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

quash said:

MilliVanilli said:

Waco1947 said:

anecdotal
    /ankddl/
    adjective

[ol]
    [/ol]

I love definitions. You appear oblivious as to why this applies to you.
    Actually, you just appear oblivious...and think argumentative will redeem that.
    Malbec
    Waco1947 said:

Gunny Hartman said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Not true

I am old, but at least I went to Baylor after it moved from Independence to Waco.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.