Beto

98,370 Views | 957 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Golem
HuMcK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Why Democrats lose: episode infinity.

Pretty sure Democrats lose when folks start figuring out they're nothing but unhinged leftists
A lot of us were considering Beto. Then Kavanaugh happened

I can't help but roll my eyes when I see this kind of weak logic. Be real with yourself (and us), you weren't really considering voting for him if somehow the Kavanaugh confirmation fight, a situation Beto had literally no involvement in, changed your vote.

Not sure what so difficult about that statement to understand. The Kavanaugh hearing demonstrated what happens when unhinged Democrats are in control. Normal, sane Americans want to avoid that kind of madness in our government.

Quote:

I can't stand Cruz, but I also can't contribute to Senators Spartacus, Feinstein, et al. My earlier posts said I wouldn't vote for Cruz, but Democrat Senators on the Judiciary Committee flipped me.

Beto said nothing in defense of due process or fairness. I won't be a part of adding to their tribe.

Interesting logic, I suppose going forward I can assume y'alls support of Cruz is also equally supportive of Steve King's explicit racism?
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Pretty sure Democrats lose when folks start figuring out they're nothing but unhinged leftists

I can't help but roll my eyes when I see this kind of weak logic. Be real with yourself (and us), you weren't really considering voting for him if somehow the Kavanaugh confirmation fight, a situation Beto had literally no involvement in, changed your vote.

Not sure what so difficult about that statement to understand. The Kavanaugh hearing demonstrated what happens when unhinged Democrats are in control. Normal, sane Americans want to avoid that kind of madness in our government.

Quote:

I can't stand Cruz, but I also can't contribute to Senators Spartacus, Feinstein, et al. My earlier posts said I wouldn't vote for Cruz, but Democrat Senators on the Judiciary Committee flipped me.

Beto said nothing in defense of due process or fairness. I won't be a part of adding to their tribe.

Interesting logic, I suppose going forward I can assume y'alls support of Cruz is also equally supportive of Steve King's explicit racism?
You keep missing the point. Ethics is hard for liberals.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
HuMcK
Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

I honestly wasn't aware that this current POTUS had any concept of ethics or integrity, I've yet to see him take an ethical route on just about anything.
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

I don't know who Steve King is, but I know how I feel about this.

Drag Queen Storytime
Library: Freed-Montrose Neighborhood Library
Date: 8/25/2018, 9/29/2018, 10/27/2018, 12/29/2018
Room: Freed-Montrose Library Meeting Room
Time: 2:00PM - 2:45PM
Type: Featured Event, Storytimes
Age Group: appropriate for all ages
Share this:FacebookTwitter
Break out the dress up chest and let your imagination run wild as you join the Houston Public Library and local Drag Queens for storytime. These vibrant Queens will help to instill a sense of love and acceptance in our children while encouraging them to be true to themselves.

Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

I honestly wasn't aware that this current POTUS had any concept of ethics or integrity, I've yet to see him take an ethical route on just about anything.
Your hatred of his success blinds you. I guess getting those UCLA kids released from China was not ethical? I guess getting North Korea to release political prisoners without preconditions was not ethical? I guess record-low black unemployment is not ethical?

You're a sad, bitter hater.
Gunny Hartman
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

if you were brighter, I'd assume this was a joke. The man appointed a special prosecutor to be up his ass for the first half of the first term of his presidency just so that you unhinged Democrats would shut the hell up about Russia Russia Russia.
Osodecentx
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/drag-queen-story-hour-brings-pride-glamor-libraries-across-u-n884671

When Angel Elektra entered a Manhattan branch of the New York Public Library last Thursday, the clamor of children faded. Dozens of little faces swiveled around to watch the 6-foot-tall drag queen clad in teal and black lace glide through the space. Everyone could see Elektra's thrilled expression from across the room: After all, it was painted on her face.
As she sauntered toward her perch, she waved to the attentive crowd. She then took a seat on a chair made for someone perhaps half her height and began to read from "The Drag Queen Story Hour" coloring book.

"What is a drag queen?" Elektra asked, reading from page two.
"A performer!" yelled a boy from the audience.
"A dragon?" asked another.
"No, not a dragon," Elektra replied.

"Between a dragon and a person," another kid shouted.
Elektra paused. "That works," she deadpanned.

She went on to explain to the children that drag queens are boys who like to dress up as girls and perform, and that drag kings are girls who like to dress up as boys and perform. The children nodded.
Elektra swept her heavy, plum-colored wig to the side and dabbed some sweat off of her brow. A mom in the audience stood up and began to fan the performer with a large children's book.

After reading a few passages from the coloring book, Elektra moved on to "Julin Is a Mermaid," a story about a boy from New York whose abuela (grandmother) helps him prepare a costume for the annual New York City Mermaid Parade in Coney Island.
After story hour concluded, Elektra held a baby aloft and led the group of eager children around the library in a miniature version of the Mermaid Parade. The event was undoubtedly a memorable kickoff to the library's summer reading program.
"It's very, very convincing," said Elliot, a wide-eyed young reader from Manhattan's Upper West Side, of Elektra's costume and accoutrement. He said he had seen a drag queen before in a movie, but up close, it was a whole different experience.

Explaining to kids that drag queens are boys who like to dress like girls and perform is "such a simple concept," according to Chelsea Condren, an early literature coordinator at the New York Public Library.

"We don't get too heavy," she said. "It's not like we get into Theory 101, but I find that kids take in things so quickly they're over it in like five seconds."
Condren said her first drag queen experience was in college "kind of a 21+ event," she laughed so she helps the queens prepare for their sober, wide-eyed audience at the library.

"We do give them some helpful hints about how to engage a crowd, how to talk to kids, how to sing with kids," Condren explained. "So they're not coming in cold, and so they actually have some time to familiarize them with children."
Angel Elektra, a New York native who started drag four years ago at the annual Fire Island "Invasion of the Pines," said she has improved her craft over the years.

"It's a process and a lesson, so you learn as you go," she explained. "Just like anyone that does drag, you start from the bottom. My makeup was terrible, my outfits were terrible," she said of those early days.

Elektra has been reading to kids with Drag Queen Story Hour for about a year. "The main key that we try to teach the children is acceptance," she explained. "My job is to express to them, to help them understand, that it is OK to be different. It's OK if you're a boy, and you want to wear a tutu. It's OK if you're a girl and you want to wear a cap and fitted jeans, you know."
Elektra said she and her partner of 19 years just attended the first-ever LGBTQ pride event hosted by their hometown of Yonkers, New York, a town just north of Manhattan. She said she noticed many families were there with kids, showing them what acceptance looks like.
"I wish when I was growing up we had these types of activities, so that way my parents wouldn't have had to be so secluded and private about acceptance," she said.

During Elektra's library performance, Rachel Aimee, a 39-year-old mother and freelance editor stood in the back of the room. Aimee heard about Drag Queen Story Hour three years ago when it debuted in San Francisco and thought at the time, "Oh my God, this is what I have been looking for. I want to take my kids. I want this to be all over the city."

Aimee said her daughter was 3 years old at the time and began to embrace all things pink and princess-like. As a self-described "feminist," Aimee said she took issue with her daughter's gender-conforming preferences.

Gunny Hartman
These people are insane
HuMcK
Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Your hatred of his success blinds you. I guess getting those UCLA kids released from China was not ethical? I guess getting North Korea to release political prisoners without preconditions was not ethical? I guess record-low black unemployment is not ethical?

None of the things you listed have anything to do with ethics, the prisoner releases also aren't really huge success stories so much as routine occurrences...
HuMcK
Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

if you were brighter, I'd assume this was a joke. The man appointed a special prosecutor to be up his ass for the first half of the first term of his presidency just so that you unhinged Democrats would shut the hell up about Russia Russia Russia.
Mueller was appointed by Rosenstein, a fact that Trump complains about constantly. You keep calling people not bright, while you recite incorrect facts...
HuMcK
Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Drag Queen Storytime
Break out the dress up chest and let your imagination run wild as you join the Houston Public Library and local Drag Queens for storytime. These vibrant Queens will help to instill a sense of love and acceptance in our children while encouraging them to be true to themselves.

I fail to see how this relates to Beto in any way. I get it, you don't want to vote for him, but you don't have to make stuff up and reach for straws to justify that decision.
Gunny Hartman
HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Mueller was appointed by Rosenstein, a fact that Trump complains about constantly. You keep calling people not bright, while you recite incorrect facts...

Trump ordered the DOJ to appoint a special prosecutor, so Rosenstein, who works for Trump, tapped Mueller.

Dear God you are a moron.
Doc Holliday
HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Are you not aware that Rosenstein is in deep **** right now?
Gunny Hartman
HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Drag Queen Storytime

I fail to see how this relates to Beto in any way. I get it, you don't want to vote for him, but you don't have to make stuff up and reach for straws to justify that decision.

The fact that you can't seem to recognize that Beta and all his Democrat cohorts fervently support this type of madness tells us all we need to know about your reasoning ability.
MilliVanilli
Waco1947 said:

No I go to church, participate in the community, work alongside at HFH
Like I said, you have peripheral experiences and yet condescend to the real McCoy as anecdotal.
HuMcK
Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Trump ordered the DOJ to appoint a special prosecutor, so Rosenstein, who works for Trump, tapped Mueller.

This will come as news to the people Mueller has indicted, some of whom's official legal position was that the Mueller appointment was unconstitutional because it didn't come from the Chief Executive. You be sure and let them know that you know better than them and that they've been arguing the wrong position.

So yet again you insult somebody while making an ass of yourself, maybe one day you'll learn to either not name-call so much, or to at least have your facts straight first.
HuMcK
Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Drag Queen Storytime

The fact that you can't seem to recognize that Beta and all his Democrat cohorts fervently support this type of madness tells us all we need to know about your reasoning ability.
See my previous comment about your assumed support for racists like Steve King.
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

None of the things you listed have anything to do with ethics, the prisoner releases also aren't really huge success stories so much as routine occurrences...
You really don't understand the significance of what I wrote. That's just one reason your side keeps losing.
Gunny Hartman
HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

This will come as news to the people Mueller has indicted, some of whom's official legal position was that the Mueller appointment was unconstitutional because it didn't come from the Chief Executive. You be sure and let them know that you know better than them and that they've been arguing the wrong position.

So yet again you insult somebody while making an ass of yourself, maybe one day you'll learn to either not name-call so much, or to at least have your facts straight first.

Constitutionality has nothing to do with it. And if you think Trump was caught by surprise by the Mueller appointment, then I just don't know what to tell you, other than that you don't know anything about how political games work.
Gunny Hartman
HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Drag Queen Storytime

"Racist"

Responding to you is a waste of my time.
whitetrash
HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Drag Queen Storytime

Drag queens are dudes who like to dress up in women's clothing and perform on stage. Like this:

Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

Quote:

Drag Queen Storytime

Just looked King up.

I don't support Steve King or Beto
ScottS
Beto could win in CA or NY.
Gunny Hartman
If you think about it, it's rather insane to ponder that any fan of Baylor could continue to vote for Democrats considering the unconstitutional travesty that they turned our Title IX rules into.

Think I'll start a thread.
Doc Holliday
O'Rourke's non political problem is that he looks completely devoid of character.
Like just a blank dead stare, no emotions or facial reactions in his speeches.

Like a robot or NPC.

Not as bad as Zuckerburg, but still weird.
Gunny Hartman
Gunny Hartman said:

If you think about it, it's rather insane to ponder that any fan of Baylor could continue to vote for Democrats considering the unconstitutional travesty that they turned our Title IX rules into.

Think I'll start a thread.

Done. Come join the fun!

https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/34801
Doc Holliday
Oldbear83
ScottS said:

Beto could win in CA or NY.
I don't think so. He doesn't stand for anything reasonable people like, but he also lacks the frothing insanity a la Schumer or Pelosi to win in Psycholand states like NY or CA.
contrario
HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

You are illustrating your ignorance, or youth, or both. Elections for decades have been won or lost by the opinions of moderates. As a simple-minded binary thinker, you are incapable of trying to understand how reasonable people can live in the gray, but millions of Americans do. And they might get on board with a charismatic candidate, or a candidate that has some platforms they believe in even if they don't agree with all of the candidate's platforms. And these voters can also quickly change their mind if the candidate does or says something they disagree with or if there are outside events (such as the SC confirmation) that impact their decision. I know this is beyond your understanding because you only vote democrat, but there are a lot of free thinkers who aren't slaves to one party.
HuMcK
contrario said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

You are illustrating your ignorance, or youth, or both. Elections for decades have been won or lost by the opinions of moderates. As a simple-minded binary thinker, you are incapable of trying to understand how reasonable people can live in the gray, but millions of Americans do. And they might get on board with a charismatic candidate, or a candidate that has some platforms they believe in even if they don't agree with all of the candidate's platforms. And these voters can also quickly change their mind if the candidate does or says something they disagree with or if there are outside events (such as the SC confirmation) that impact their decision.

You still on about this binary nonsense? Time for some new material I think.

Quote:

I know this is beyond your understanding because you only vote democrat, but there are a lot of free thinkers who aren't slaves to one party.

I've voted Dem in exactly 1 out of 3 Presidential elections so far in my life. I didn't even vote blue in 2016 with Trump on the ballot. I'm one of those independents y'all claim to be, whose vote could be had by any good candidates. It's not my fault the GOP fell victim to this century's greatest con-man and abandoned good-faith altogether.
Waco1947
It's a trumped up issue by the gop. No Hispanics have been "foooled" into supporting him.
Waco1947
Waco1947
Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

Forest Bueller said:

Waco1947 said:

He never claimed to be Hispanic. You are the fraud by attributing something him that he never said. I am guessing here but 'O'Rouke' might be a give away that he is not Hispanic.
Uh, if you would looking deeper and not always be reactionary propelled only by emotion, he is a FRAUD because he pretends to want to represent all people Democrats and Republicans equally, which is a blatant lie.

The only people he serves are those democrats easily fooled by his feel good rhetoric.

He wants everything to be socialized eventually and represents the very far left as yourself, who are radically progressive and wish to dismantle and reassemble the way America operates. From top to bottom.

He is antithesis to those who are not the most far left progressives.

He simply comes in a very nice very likable package. Bernie lite if you will.
. He never claimed to be Hispanic. That's a lie. The rest you made up called it a lie. Made up stuff is .,..get this....lying.
No it isn't, you have lost your mooring. Don't blame it on me. Beto is NOT for the average guy. You don't understand Economics so you don't understand, he is right there with Bernie, not for the common working man.

A individual man making $52,000 a year under the "Bernie" tax plan would increase his taxes by almost $8000 a year, if you took the time to use his taxation calculator.

FREE STUFF is not free, someone has to pay for it, when socialism takes hold, and there are people like Beto trying to make it so, middle class won't feel so middle any longer.

You are clueless about the economic realities of what these progressive socialists are trying to accomplish, please feel free to stay under your rock when it comes to the economic realities, you have yours I get it, start caring about those who haven't gotten there yet. Beto is NOT for the working man.

. Thanks for the insight on Bernie's tax site.
I have a few questions
1) I believe the salary figures are AGI
2) in Medicare for all health insurance premium's go away but there will a Medicare Tax on wages like currently. That tax will go up
3). I am also guessing that there will be Secondary Plans like Medicare Advantage which I have.
I think overall you will pay less
Waco1947
303Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Cant be too hard on them, he has no platform or legislative accomplishments of note to run on. 6 years as a congressman and hasn't sponsored or cosponsored any major legislation.

He's a democrat and their professors like, totally like him, so naturally the support will go that way.
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

contrario said:

HuMcK said:

Osodecentx said:

Gunny Hartman said:

HuMcK said:

You are illustrating your ignorance, or youth, or both. Elections for decades have been won or lost by the opinions of moderates. As a simple-minded binary thinker, you are incapable of trying to understand how reasonable people can live in the gray, but millions of Americans do. And they might get on board with a charismatic candidate, or a candidate that has some platforms they believe in even if they don't agree with all of the candidate's platforms. And these voters can also quickly change their mind if the candidate does or says something they disagree with or if there are outside events (such as the SC confirmation) that impact their decision.

You still on about this binary nonsense? Time for some new material I think.

Quote:

I know this is beyond your understanding because you only vote democrat, but there are a lot of free thinkers who aren't slaves to one party.

I've voted Dem in exactly 1 out of 3 Presidential elections so far in my life. I didn't even vote blue in 2016 with Trump on the ballot. I'm one of those independents y'all claim to be, whose vote could be had by any good candidates. It's not my fault the GOP fell victim to this century's greatest con-man and abandoned good-faith altogether.
I believe you. I have been voting longer and have never voted a straight ticket. But then you write something like this:

Quote HuMk

Your capacity to grasp another person's logic doesn't say much about the logic.

Looking at statewide elections, I think Democrats will come very close in Texas in 2018. Ag Commissioner and attorney general races will be competitive.
Waco1947
Why ag and AG
Waco1947

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.