Peaceful Portland

126,645 Views | 1527 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Osodecentx
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here is the "PRESS" in Portland (meaning I have an iPhone so I am the press).

Ze really is upset about everything going on.

WacoKelly83
From Wikipedia

A protest (also called a demonstration, remonstration or remonstrance) is a public expression of objection, disapproval or dissent towards an idea or action, typically a political one.

A riot (/rat/) is a form of civil disorder commonly characterized by a group lashing out in a violent public disturbance against authority, property or people.

Riots typically involve destruction of property, public or private. The property targeted varies depending on the riot and the inclinations of those involved. Targets can include shops, cars, restaurants, state-owned institutions, and religious buildings.

Jack Bauer

Quote:

Nicholas Kristoff:
"Citizens need to be vigilant there, for armed groups periodically storm the streets to attack peaceful visitors. I'm talking, of course, about the uninvited federal forces."

But it's also true that the vast majority of those in the crowds each evening are peaceful. They sing about racial justice, chant "Feds out now" and try to protect their city from violent intruders dispatched by Trump.

Hmm...don't see any federal troops at the Mutlnomah County Building or Portland Police Precinct.

90sBear
Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

Cops will either be no help, or overwhelmed and unable to answer your 911 call for help. You better have your own plan to protect yourself, your family and your property against these animals.
I hope you have your safe space.

North Korea just declared owning dogs as pets to be illegal because it is "bourgeois". Citizens are now required to handover their dogs to the authorities to be given to restaurants for meat. That sounds like your kind of country. Why don't you move there.
Why don't you start with something I actually supported? I support Constitutional carry, sex work, legalized drugs, immigration, gay marriage, free speech, free trade, free markets, deregulation, and keeping my earnings, as taxation is theft. All of those things oppose the govt telling me what to do.

But you were going to say something relevant, pretty sure...

You support riots and looting and rape and murder and flag burning and attacking cops and torching cars and tearing down monuments and teaching kids America is evil and that there are 784 genders. You support destroying America. Go ahead and move out. We don't need you.
I don't know if he's actually supported the riots. He merely believes that they aren't happening.

He's just another riot denier.

Never said that either. All I have ever done is ask people to distinguish protests from riots. Shouldn't be that hard.
What are the protests, protesting these days? Why not just call stupid, stupid and move on. There is really no reason why they should be defended any longer. Call a spade, a spade.
What does it matter? Citizens have the right to protest, even if you think their point is stupid you don't get to shut down their 1A rights.
What about people who just happen to be in the neighborhood? Should they have an expectation of not being beaten unconscious for being in the neighborhood?

He supports the rioting and rape and looting and murder. He hates America and considers it acceptable for his Marxist mob to destroy it and innocent 'bourgeois' Americans to tear it down so his intersectional proletariat can take over. Racist violence is 'free speech' to quash.
Comments like this are what lead to a crappy discussion board and are what make people not want to post and drive off decent posters. You are looking for someone to argue with and quash is the closest thing to someone with different opinions than your own so you are throwing out all the stuff you want to say to the rioters and accusing him of being those things.

Wrong. I am not interested in arguing with quash. He's a communist who always supports communists. I'm ridiculing him for what he is. I'm simply tired of his lies.
Stating that someone "supports rioting, rape, and murder" goes beyond "ridicule".

I may not always agree with quash, but I agree with him here. Quote him expressly supporting these things or you are no better than any other poster who just throws out lies about what other posters actually say.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

Cops will either be no help, or overwhelmed and unable to answer your 911 call for help. You better have your own plan to protect yourself, your family and your property against these animals.

North Korea just declared owning dogs as pets to be illegal because it is "bourgeois". Citizens are now required to handover their dogs to the authorities to be given to restaurants for meat. That sounds like your kind of country. Why don't you move there.
Why don't you start with something I actually supported? I support Constitutional carry, sex work, legalized drugs, immigration, gay marriage, free speech, free trade, free markets, deregulation, and keeping my earnings, as taxation is theft. All of those things oppose the govt telling me what to do.

You support riots and looting and rape and murder and flag burning and attacking cops and torching cars and tearing down monuments and teaching kids America is evil and that there are 784 genders. You support destroying America. Go ahead and move out. We don't need you.
I don't know if he's actually supported the riots. He merely believes that they aren't happening.

Never said that either. All I have ever done is ask people to distinguish protests from riots. Shouldn't be that hard.
What are the protests, protesting these days? Why not just call stupid, stupid and move on. There is really no reason why they should be defended any longer. Call a spade, a spade.
What does it matter? Citizens have the right to protest, even if you think their point is stupid you don't get to shut down their 1A rights.
What about people who just happen to be in the neighborhood? Should they have an expectation of not being beaten unconscious for being in the neighborhood?
That's two posts in a row where you fail to distinguish the rioters from the protesters. Even though it's an overlapping Venn diagram I will not go along with making protests illegal. None of you say that out loud but the state violence you sanction is not far removed.

" All I have ever done is ask people to distinguish protests from riots. Shouldn't be that hard."
You called the federal officers "Jackboots". Rioters were trying to burn a courthouse & you claimed it would stop when said "jackboots" left. It didn't. Local police arrest rioters and DA won't prosecute. That is up to the locals if they tolerate such things.
You claimed they were peaceful. Rioters weren't. Who suggested making protests illegal?

I assume you are ok with police protecting drivers and pedestrians attempting to travel on the streets? Should rioters be arrested? Is it "state violence" to protect life and property with force?
Osodecentx
quash said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

Comments like this are what lead to a crappy discussion board and are what make people not want to post and drive off decent posters. You are looking for someone to argue with and quash is the closest thing to someone with different opinions than your own so you are throwing out all the stuff you want to say to the rioters and accusing him of being those things.

Ten posts a day. Abundant evidence. Quote me, you coward.
I have flagged that post. It is obviously untrue and does not advance the discussion.
I have him on ignore. So should you

Edit: Can't find the post you quote above. I'm erasing his quote
Bearitto
90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

He supports the rioting and rape and looting and murder. He hates America and considers it acceptable for his Marxist mob to destroy it and innocent 'bourgeois' Americans to tear it down so his intersectional proletariat can take over. Racist violence is 'free speech' to quash.

Wrong. I am not interested in arguing with quash. He's a communist who always supports communists. I'm ridiculing him for what he is. I'm simply tired of his lies.
Stating that someone "supports rioting, rape, and murder" goes beyond "ridicule".

I may not always agree with quash, but I agree with him here. Quote him expressly supporting these things or you are no better than any other poster who just throws out lies about what other posters actually say.

I stated the truth. He supports what he justifies and fails to condemn. I guess you support him. Another write off.
90sBear
Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

I stated the truth. He supports what he justifies and fails to condemn. I guess you support him. Another write off.

Quote where he stated he supports "rioting, rape, and murder." I can quote him stating he doesn't support riots, so I'm waiting to see if you quote what you state. Until then, you are FOS and no better than any poster on either side of any debate who just hurls unfounded accusations about people.
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

I never thought it was get this bad in USA

My friend, all of this was inevitable.

We've had 2-3 generations of single parent, untrained, government supported mediocrities doing nothing but breeding . Their numbers have dramatically increased over time .

Then comes along this C-19 pressure cooker.

An explosion was inevitable.

However the REAL damage, the long lasting nightmare....... will be the placement of Harris in the White House using an obviously demented Biden as her vehicle to power.
Bearitto
90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

Quote where he stated he supports "rioting, rape, and murder." I can quote him stating he doesn't support riots, so I'm waiting to see if you quote what you state. Until then, you are FOS and no better than any poster on either side of any debate who just hurls unfounded accusations about people.

Again. He supports what he justifies and fails to condemn. Give him a pass for his communism if you want. It just shows what you support...not truth or freedom.
Bruce Leroy
90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

Regarding consistency of debate.

Bearitto is posting his opinion" of truth" and since the issue is related to Quash

In this thread Quash has posted an opinion ("I think") that another poster is racist and that poster claimed that they are not.

"Correct, I think TU is a demonstrated, repeatedly, racist. This might mark the third time I've said that about a poster."

https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/69532/replies/1775023

Have you asked Quash to provide quotes specifically supporting from that poster (TU) is of the ideology that one race is superior to others?

Thee University response to Quash's opinion.

"I'm a realist, not a racist.

I am an equal opportunity realist."

https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/69532/replies/1775037

And if not why are you asking Bearitto for it?
90sBear
Bruce Leroy said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

Bearitto is posting his opinion" of truth" and since the issue is related to Quash

In this thread Quash has posted an opinion ("I think") that another poster is racist and that poster claimed that they are not.

"Correct, I think TU is a demonstrated, repeatedly, racist. This might mark the third time I've said that about a poster."

Have you asked Quash to provide quotes specifically supporting from that poster (TU) is of the ideology that one race is superior to others?

Ok, let's both say they should both support their claims. Quash can respond with quotes to Thee with why quash thinks thee is a racist, if thee cares to know why, and bearrito can quote where quash supports "riots, rape, and murder".

Neither makes for a productive conversation in a message board.

So I've expressed my views on quash's post, now what is your follow up for bearrito?
Bruce Leroy
90sBear said:

Bruce Leroy said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

Ok, let's both say they should both support their claims. Quash can respond with quotes to Thee with why quash thinks thee is a racist, if thee cares to know why, and bearrito can quote where quash supports "riots, rape, and murder".

So I've expressed my views on quash's post, now what is your follow up for bearrito?
I'am not of the opinion that either should support their claims as I have read the evidence posted within the thread (acknowledging opinions are formed in totality of posts including other threads) and formed my own opinion.

My question was regarding on why you chose to ask bearrito to provide quotes and not quash in a attempt to promote a productive conversation.

You haven't expressed views on quash's post but rather that quash can respond if thee cares to know.
You have expressed that you believe that Bearitto is "FOS" until he posts quotes from quash regarding "rioting, rape, and murder."

I have no follow up for bearrito as he has expressed his opinion of quash. I have my own understanding of quash.

I am in agreement with you that the debate would be much more productive if posters would provide evidence of said position if called out (even better if evidenced).

I am not sure of the current debate of this topic but I am currently (as writing) inclined to lean towards the

When should state authorities get involved (possibly unilaterally) in protecting the lives and properties of residents when it appears that local municipal leadership (Mayor/ Council/ DA, etc.) are unwilling or unable to protect those interests as evidence by +80 days of civil unrest (continued violence, property damage).

That being said what do you think this topic is about now at this current stage?
90sBear
Bruce Leroy said:

90sBear said:

Bruce Leroy said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

90sBear said:

Bearitto said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

I'am not of the opinion that either should support their claims as I have read the evidence posted within the thread (acknowledging opinions are formed in totality of posts including other threads) and formed my own opinion.

My question was regarding on why you chose to ask bearrito to provide quotes and not quash in a attempt to promote a productive conversation.

You haven't expressed views on quash's post but rather that quash can respond if thee cares to know.
You have expressed that you believe that Bearitto is "FOS" until he posts quotes from quash regarding "rioting, rape, and murder."

I have no follow up for bearrito as he has expressed his opinion of quash. I have my own understanding of quash.

I am in agreement with you that the debate would be much more productive if posters would provide evidence of said position if called out (even better if evidenced).

I am not sure of the current debate of this topic but I am currently (as writing) inclined to lean towards the

When should state authorities get involved (possibly unilaterally) in protecting the lives and properties of residents when it appears that local municipal leadership (Mayor/ Council/ DA, etc.) are unwilling or unable to protect those interests as evidence by +80 days of civil unrest (continued violence, property damage).

That being said what do you think this topic is about now at this current stage?
To be honest I don't recall seeing your quoted quash post. I started reading this thread well after it was begun so did some skimming.

I have expressed my view on quash's post which you have effectively summarized - it doesn't contribute to a good conversation and if thee asked him to back up his assertion he should be able to provide a few examples.

I responded to Bearrito that he is FOS because he kept making assertions about quash's viewpoints, quash has continued to demand quotes to back up his claims, and then bearrito upped the ante with his riot, rape, and murder comment. I have similarly criticized Waco1947 when he called me misogynistic without providing any quotes, cinque (a total waste of time, everyone should really ignore trolls), and others.

Your last comment and attempt to direct the topic to an actual conversation is a very good one.

I don't know what the relationship is like between the respective governors and mayors. For example in Austin, if Gov Abbott makes a mandate on a topic (COVID, etc.) Mayor Adler will do his best to find a loophole or some other way to stretch the order or guideline to fit his personal goals. Basically, I don't know if these officials are working from the same playbook or if they have their own motives.

I would compare the current situation to a controlled burn that the local governments are just now realizing might have gotten out of their control. When their opposition was vague federal agents, it was easy for national level Democrats to be vocal in their support over protests as a whole while not taking the time to condemn the criminal acts that were also occurring. Now that "bad guy" has gone away, but not the nightly videos.

To be honest I expected riotous acts to die down a lot with the Democratic convention. This is usually the time when national parties stop pandering to the base and instead go more central. Now with the fire still burning so to speak and continuing to have video examples of criminal behavior nightly, they are in a bit more of a bind. My guess is you will see more vocal criticism of the criminal behavior from the national level soon which might filter down to the locals organizing the protests/riots. That would make it easier for the local government image wise to try to crack down more. If that happens we will really know how in control the local governments are.

If all this continues in to the fall however, you might get a repeat of the last election - a win by Trump getting votes from people who absolutely despise him on a personal level but are more afraid that what they are seeing on their twitter feed and are being quietly shared and talked about among their friends might show up to their neighborhood and democrat leaders would be too scared to stand up to it.

My 2.
greatdivide
Bruce Leroy
To be honest I don't recall seeing your quoted quash post. I started reading this thread well after it was begun so did some skimming.

I have expressed my view on quash's post which you have effectively summarized - it doesn't contribute to a good conversation and if thee asked him to back up his assertion he should be able to provide a few examples.

I responded to Bearrito that he is FOS because he kept making assertions about quash's viewpoints, quash has continued to demand quotes to back up his claims, and then bearrito upped the ante with his riot, rape, and murder comment. I have similarly criticized Waco1947 when he called me misogynistic without providing any quotes, cinque (a total waste of time, everyone should really ignore trolls), and others.

Your last comment and attempt to direct the topic to an actual conversation is a very good one.

I don't know what the relationship is like between the respective governors and mayors. For example in Austin, if Gov Abbott makes a mandate on a topic (COVID, etc.) Mayor Adler will do his best to find a loophole or some other way to stretch the order or guideline to fit his personal goals. Basically, I don't know if these officials are working from the same playbook or if they have their own motives.

I would compare the current situation to a controlled burn that the local governments are just now realizing might have gotten out of their control. When their opposition was vague federal agents, it was easy for national level Democrats to be vocal in their support over protests as a whole while not taking the time to condemn the criminal acts that were also occurring. Now that "bad guy" has gone away, but not the nightly videos.

To be honest I expected riotous acts to die down a lot with the Democratic convention. This is usually the time when national parties stop pandering to the base and instead go more central. Now with the fire still burning so to speak and continuing to have video examples of criminal behavior nightly, they are in a bit more of a bind. My guess is you will see more vocal criticism of the criminal behavior from the national level soon which might filter down to the locals organizing the protests/riots. That would make it easier for the local government image wise to try to crack down more. If that happens we will really know how in control the local governments are.

If all this continues in to the fall however, you might get a repeat of the last election - a win by Trump getting votes from people who absolutely despise him on a personal level but are more afraid that what they are seeing on their twitter feed and are being quietly shared and talked about among their friends might show up to their neighborhood and democrat leaders would be too scared to stand up to it.

My 2.

Appreciate the response.

I would agree that it has lasted longer than I expected. I also agree that I expect that the national democratic response (political pressure to resolve) to come rather quickly as they complete their convention and start to get internal polling based on the republican convention.

With the first debate in approx. 6 weeks I would assume that Biden will try and address it tomorrow at the convention. If he doesn't try and get in front of it now as a growing issue I would expect it would be a vulnerability for Trump exploit upon in the debates.

Optically the amount of recorded violence is becoming problematic politically as video editors can create a multiple segment presentation that may be persuasive to undecided/independents voters in swing states.

I think it will be interesting to see how quickly order can be restored without a relatively "heavy" (ie. martial law) response from the state. And what a law enforcement response would look like from the Oregon Governor?

The Portland activists are somewhat unique in they are autonomous, have demonstrated coordination through social media/web, have funding (ironically provided by bailout), appear to have out of state participants imbedded (established places to eat, sleep, etc.) and a large segment of demographics they recruit from with availability (COVID - Portland State Online).

It easily could take a couple of days or even longer restore order. With the mobility/logistics needed for martial law enforcement I don't expect any type of resolution until at least September.

Will be interesting to see.
90sBear
Bruce Leroy said:

My 2.

Appreciate the response.

I would agree that it has lasted longer than I expected. I also agree that I expect that the national democratic response (political pressure to resolve) to come rather quickly as they complete their convention and start to get internal polling based on the republican convention.

With the first debate in approx. 6 weeks I would assume that Biden will try and address it tomorrow at the convention. If he doesn't try and get in front of it now as a growing issue I would expect it would be a vulnerability for Trump exploit upon in the debates.

Optically the amount of recorded violence is becoming problematic politically as video editors can create a multiple segment presentation that may be persuasive to undecided/independents voters in swing states.

I think it will be interesting to see how quickly order can be restored without a relatively "heavy" (ie. martial law) response from the state. And what a law enforcement response would look like from the Oregon Governor?

The Portland activists are somewhat unique in they are autonomous, have demonstrated coordination through social media/web, have funding (ironically provided by bailout), appear to have out of state participants imbedded (established places to eat, sleep, etc.) and a large segment of demographics they recruit from with availability (COVID - Portland State Online).

It easily could take a couple of days or even longer restore order. With the mobility needed for martial law enforcement I don't expect any type of resolution until at least September.

Will be interesting to see.

This might be the biggest factor in a reduction of criminal acts. Historically I think people were more likely to fall in line for the greater good of the party (whichever party) and listen when people higher up the political food chain told them to simmer down. If this happens soon, like you I will be curious to see their response. Will they listen and pack up their toys and go home? Will they eventually get bored with everything and just leave? I think that's what most people thought they would have already done by now.
greatdivide
These folks are mad at the dems marginalizing Bernie/AOC wing. Doubt they will stop for the good of the party. Not sure they will stop for any other reason than dominant, overwhelming force and long term incarceration. Or at least longer than 12 hours before the bailout. Saw one guy was bailed out 3 times in the last few months. Has to be frustrating for the officers to have NO support from local politicians. Noticed Denver council voted 11-1 to not replace police with unarmed social workers. Seems like good news until you realized one Denver city council member Is nuts and people voted that lunatic into a position of power.
Jack Bauer
Live Protests Day 84
76 days until Election Day.

Well, tonight should be fun!

Vegas Odds for Biggest ****hole 2020
Portland: 2-1
Chicago: 4-1
Seattle: 4-1
NYC: 5-1
Oakland: 15-1
LA: 20-1
Austin: 25-1
Minneapolis: 30-1
Louisville: 35-1
Washington DC: 35-1
Detroit: 40-1
Milwaukee: 50-1

Live protest channel:
[url=https://www.twitch.tv/lilvenowmedia][/url]https://www.twitch.tv/livenowmedia
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Chicago is gonna pull this out. Them black people hate them some black people! And unfortunately , nobody seems to care.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jack Bauer
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Chicago is gonna pull this out. Them black people hate them some black people! And unfortunately , nobody seems to care.
Antifa Portland outside the ICE building. Police ass whipping about to commence for day 84.

https://www.twitch.tv/livenowmedia
Jack Bauer
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Portland - Seattle - Chicago - NYC

That seems to be the Big4 in contention.

Surprised that Minneapolis, Detroit and Baltimore are not up there too.
Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer
Peaceful protestors.

Florda_mike
Jack Bauer said:

Peaceful protestors.

If truth was known, Antifa money and manpower probably comes directly from Obama's Orginizing for Action. So of course he's "carrying their water"

He's a trained Community Organizer, that's what he knows/all he knows. He's trained to disorganize whatever he touches! True politicians use similar tactics as Obama, they mess things up then present themselves as the only fixers available for us and they hope we're dumb enough to fall for it

Obama is a danger for our country that nobody acknowledges
BearN
Lenin got his start as a community organizer
robby44
Florda_mike said:

Jack Bauer said:

Peaceful protestors.

If truth was known, Antifa money and manpower probably comes directly from Obama's Orginizing for Action. So of course he's "carrying their water"

He's a trained Community Organizer, that's what he knows/all he knows. He's trained to disorganize whatever he touches!

You left out he was a civil rights attorney, constitutional law professor, Illinois State representative and US Senator
quash
Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

That's two posts in a row where you fail to distinguish the rioters from the protesters. Even though it's an overlapping Venn diagram I will not go along with making protests illegal. None of you say that out loud but the state violence you sanction is not far removed.

" All I have ever done is ask people to distinguish protests from riots. Shouldn't be that hard."
You called the federal officers "Jackboots". Rioters were trying to burn a courthouse & you claimed it would stop when said "jackboots" left. It didn't. Local police arrest rioters and DA won't prosecute. That is up to the locals if they tolerate such things.
You claimed they were peaceful. Rioters weren't. Who suggested making protests illegal?

I assume you are ok with police protecting drivers and pedestrians attempting to travel on the streets? Should rioters be arrested? Is it "state violence" to protect life and property with force?
When the feds left the attacks on the federal building shifted to the local police station and another location.

Local police were arresting rioters (20 arrests) the very night the jackboots pulled their bag and snatch operations. Have you seen me condemn the Portland police for arresting rioters? Nope. Those guys are not only doing their jobs they are, near as I can tell from Texas, doing it correctly. The feds not so much.

I have read nothing about the prosecutions, although I can see why it would be difficult.

When I say state violence it refers to these acts: shooting protesters in the head with rubber bullets, targetting of media and medics, unlawful stops and detentions, and the lack of due process afforded those snatched by the jackboots. If LEOs cannot tell a protester from a rioter, on the spot, then we are in for more protests and riots. The moment a protester decides to damage property or attack anyone they have lost their status as a protester. I really feel like I'm stating what should be obvious.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
Yeah right

All for the same

Plus absentee rep and senator

You conveniently left that out

Thought I'd help ya
WacoKelly83
Here's an audio interview with the girlfriend of the guy in the white truck that got beat up in Portland

https://www.kptv.com/they-were-looking-for-a-fight-woman-describes-sunday-night-attack-in-downtown-portland/video_de2fe4d2-b07d-5cde-9f22-37810ff84552.html
Jack Bauer
If you switched races in this scenario, this would be a certified Klan rally.

Bruce Leroy
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

When the feds left the attacks on the federal building shifted to the local police station and another location.

Local police were arresting rioters (20 arrests) the very night the jackboots pulled their bag and snatch operations. Have you seen me condemn the Portland police for arresting rioters? Nope. Those guys are not only doing their jobs they are, near as I can tell from Texas, doing it correctly. The feds not so much.

I have read nothing about the prosecutions, although I can see why it would be difficult.

When I say state violence it refers to these acts: shooting protesters in the head with rubber bullets, targetting of media and medics, unlawful stops and detentions, and the lack of due process afforded those snatched by the jackboots. If LEOs cannot tell a protester from a rioter, on the spot, then we are in for more protests and riots. The moment a protester decides to damage property or attack anyone they have lost their status as a protester. I really feel like I'm stating what should be obvious.
It would appear in my opinion that law enforcement officers are able to make a accurate determination of protestors vs rioters based the ACLU of Oregon's literature and ORS 131.675 Regarding dispersal of unlawful or riotous assemblages.

Per ACLU

Limitations on Action
Demonstrators who engage in civil disobedience defined as non-violent unlawful action as a form of protest are not protected under the First Amendment. People who engage in civil disobedience should be prepared to be arrested or fined as part of their protest activity.

If you endanger others while protesting, you can be arrested. A protest that blocks vehicular or pedestrian traffic is illegal without a permit.

You do not have the right to block a building entrance or physically harass people. The general rule is that free speech activity cannot take place on private property, including shopping malls, without consent of the property owner. You do not have the right to remain on private property after being told to leave by the owner.

https://aclu-or.org/en/know-your-rights/your-right-protest

ORS 131.675

Dispersal of unlawful or riotous assemblages
When any five or more persons, whether armed or not, are unlawfully or riotously assembled in any county, city, town or village, the sheriff of the county and the deputies of the sheriff, the mayor of the city, town or village, or chief executive officer or officers thereof, and the justice of the peace of the district where the assemblage takes place, or such of them as can forthwith be collected, shall go among the persons assembled, or as near to them as they can with safety, and command them in the name of the State of Oregon to disperse. If, so commanded, they do not immediately disperse, the officer must arrest them or cause them to be arrested; and they may be punished according to law. [Formerly 145.020; 1987 c.526 1]
https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/131.675

Please explain why limitations on actions above should not be enforced?
Thee University
90sBear said:

Just saw this gem.

I don't give a flying quash what QUEEF thinks of me. The fact that it continually falls back to playing a race card tells me all i need to l know.
quash
Bruce Leroy said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

Osodecentx said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

HashTag said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

Bearitto said:

quash said:

ShooterTX said:

It would appear in my opinion that law enforcement officers are able to make a accurate determination of protestors vs rioters based the ACLU of Oregon's literature and ORS 131.675 Regarding dispersal of unlawful or riotous assemblages.

Per ACLU

Limitations on Action
Demonstrators who engage in civil disobedience defined as non-violent unlawful action as a form of protest are not protected under the First Amendment. People who engage in civil disobedience should be prepared to be arrested or fined as part of their protest activity.

If you endanger others while protesting, you can be arrested. A protest that blocks vehicular or pedestrian traffic is illegal without a permit.

You do not have the right to block a building entrance or physically harass people. The general rule is that free speech activity cannot take place on private property, including shopping malls, without consent of the property owner. You do not have the right to remain on private property after being told to leave by the owner.

https://aclu-or.org/en/know-your-rights/your-right-protest

ORS 131.675

Dispersal of unlawful or riotous assemblages
When any five or more persons, whether armed or not, are unlawfully or riotously assembled in any county, city, town or village, the sheriff of the county and the deputies of the sheriff, the mayor of the city, town or village, or chief executive officer or officers thereof, and the justice of the peace of the district where the assemblage takes place, or such of them as can forthwith be collected, shall go among the persons assembled, or as near to them as they can with safety, and command them in the name of the State of Oregon to disperse. If, so commanded, they do not immediately disperse, the officer must arrest them or cause them to be arrested; and they may be punished according to law. [Formerly 145.020; 1987 c.526 1]
https://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/131.675

Please explain why limitations on actions above should not be enforced?

Please show me where I ever said police should not enforce the law.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Thee University said:

90sBear said:

Just saw this gem.

I don't give a flying quash what QUEEF thinks of me. The fact that it continually falls back to playing a race card tells me all i need to l know.

Once. Continually means repeatedly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.