Peaceful Portland

126,926 Views | 1527 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Osodecentx
wuzzybear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booray said:

Malbec said:

What would Ronald Reagan do?

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't shoot a bunch of protesters. Because he didn't.
...and I'm pretty sure Reagan would have NEVER let it get even close to this out of hand non-sense. Plus, he was part of the 80's culture, the decade of excess! That is fine if you aren't trying to burn anything down but yourself, but you interject Regan into todays world and this wouldn't even get off the ground. Can you even imagine Regain letting someone torch St. Johns Church or start ripping down statues confederate or union.

But with Trump he is a bit more savvy and is going to let this play out to prove to people how crazy these nutjobs are. I know he says he is waiting on a call, but when he uses the phrase: "THIS IS CAN TELL YOU" someone is going to endure an ass whoopin and it ain't gonna be conservatives bc: 1) we don't act like that unless it is in self-defense, and 2) we are actually civil and so are liberals, but liberals have morphed into far left loons who can only get attn by tearing **** up.

It won't be long now!!!
ATL Bear
Booray said:

GrowlTowel said:

Booray said:

Isn't there a simple answer here:

Trump says to Ted Wheeler-I am putting you in charge of defending the federal courthouse. I am also filming everything that goes on. He tells the nation the same thing.

If the courthouse is destroyed, Trump's law and order argument going into the elections is a million times stronger. The "this is what the Democrats want" is accompanied by actual footage and no BS excuse about how Trump and the Feds provoked them. And there is then self-evident rationale for using federal personnel to forcefully protect every other federal building.

If the protesters leave, Trump can say he successfully defended federal property.

It is essentially the same strategy the forces on the ground used to arrest the crying woman this thread is about.

The better question is why have the local authorities allowed this to happen in their cities for this amount of time? It cannot be seriously argued anymore that these people are "protestors."

It is time to clear the streets.
I agree that the local authorities have let this get out of hand. My point is that Trump is giving them cover. Take the cover away. Remove everyone from the building and film what happens. Losing an empty building-if that is what happens-would be a small price to pay for clarifying the issue for everyone.

Edit: And if "you clear the streets" you only add fuel to the fire. There will be innocent (or less guilty) people swept up in it. The student protests of the 1960s were one thing before Kent State and another thing after. Don't let it become the after.
Your theory might be tested in Seattle, and I don't disagree with the concept. Sometimes you let them hang themselves. The harder part is to convince the crazies and those who support them in the public square that their grievances don't justify the actions, and are completely misguided.
Mothra
bularry said:

Jack Bauer said:

The Mayor wants the feds to leave. The moment they were to leave, this courthouse would burn to the ground and Antifa would move on the next riot.

Antifa bogeyman!!!!

So they put a fence around the courthouse to protect it from the bogeyman? The people trying to break through the fence and setting things on fire outside the courthouse are mere figments of our imagination?

Who knew?
Aliceinbubbleland
SIC EM 94 said:

Mothra said:

Jack and DP said:

They forgot to mention that just prior to the photo, Karen was throwing Molotov cocktails at the police.

That's not "Karen", it's Antifa "Angie"
Antifa aggy
Gold Tron
WacoKelly83 said:

You don't see the five minutes prior to this. A group of about 20 terrorists walked right into the protected area and began throwing stuff on a fire that was burning inside the fence. The feds purposely left two gates wide open at each end of building to allow the protesters easy access. This of course was a trap and for most of the night the terrorists resisted the opportunity. But they got bold. Then when the time was right, the feds rushed out and grabbed whoever they could. This lady was just the slow one in the mob that got caught.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If you are defending her, you deserve the same. Peaceful protestors don't get arrested.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
WacoKelly83
I'm not defending her at all. Just presenting the whole picture which rarely happens with today's media. She's no hero or victim
Gold Tron
WacoKelly83 said:

I'm not defending her at all. Just presenting the whole picture which rarely happens with today's media. She's no hero or victim

Wasn't trying to attack you. I'm just so sick of the woke protestors violating everyone else's rights including that of law enforcement.
My pronouns are Deez/Dem.
Jack and DP
Jack Bauer
The woman on the left is culturally appropriating Native Americans and causing microaggressions.

Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Day 59 - here we go. Protestors lobbing fireworks over the fence.

Jack Bauer
Feds went inside.

Protestors now protesting to solely a fence and a building. Low energy tonight, the soy must have caught up with them.

I think Seattle wins today's nuttiest city award!!! Austin in 2nd place with the homicide. Louisville with a strong 3rd place.
WacoKelly83
Fence is down. Getting crazy. Domestic terrorists
Jack and DP
wuzzybear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Unicorn, sunshine, and rainbow time is over. Time to to unleash the hounds and then the rounds!!! Hope I am not tapdancing or sugarcoating too much.
You and me are at the same point in time. While I am not in favor shooting "protesters" I am in favor of using all means of force necessary under federal law to shut them down and the sooner the better.

The good news is that all of this along with the Durham report is going to be coming to a head in the next couple months. This weekend we have learned more as the drips keep on coming out about BO's admin, and that is why Biden will lose. When this violence gets so out of hand that Trump must act he will and he will either do it a month before the election of shortly thereafter win or lose.

I know one thing: Trump, win or lose, is NOT going to allow this crap to continue much longer bc it will reach the point of no return and you've got to cut it off before that point.
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer said:

Feds went inside.

Protestors now protesting to solely a fence and a building. Low energy tonight, the soy must have caught up with them.

I think Seattle wins today's nuttiest city award!!! Austin in 2nd place with the homicide. Louisville with a strong 3rd place.

Of.course I spoke too soon. All hell breaks loose after I quit watching.
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
quash
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Unicorn, sunshine, and rainbow time is over. Time to to unleash the hounds and then the rounds!!! Hope I am not tapdancing or sugarcoating too much.

Rick Wiles? Is that you?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jack Bauer
Johnny Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think the Feds/ Trump have shown much restraint and have already let this linger much longer than it should have. I hope these Portland Mom & Dads talk to their children before blood has to be spilled in the cleanup of this mess. This is not going to end well. Law and order WILL be restored.

Agreed - for all the flack he's taken from the TDS'ers, under the circumstances, the President has been restrained. This is especially true when you consider that none of this is some spontaneous organic grassroots protest by "oppressed" people. It is an out and out coordinated and funded insurrection attempt by leftist Marxist radicals which means Trump has plenty of justification to forcefully react at the federal level, especially when it's obvious local and state officials are refusing to protect their own constituents by even attempting to enforce the law. There furthermore needs to be a serious criminal investigation into who and/or what is really behind all if this and where the funding is coming from with the intent of seriously bringing the leaders of this violence to justice.
Canada2017
This anarchy will continue until lethal force is used by law enforcement.

' innocent ' protesters choosing to mix in with anarchists for an evening of 'excitement'' are making a choice .

Username checks out
Canada2017 said:

' innocent ' protesters choosing to mix in with anarchists for an evening of 'excitement'' are making a choice .

Yes tell us all about how you love authoritarian government when the Democrats are the ones back in power.
Username checks out
Johnny Bear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I think the Feds/ Trump have shown much restraint and have already let this linger much longer than it should have. I hope these Portland Mom & Dads talk to their children before blood has to be spilled in the cleanup of this mess. This is not going to end well. Law and order WILL be restored.

Agreed - for all the flack he's taken from the TDS'ers, under the circumstances, the President has been restrained. This is especially true when you consider that none of this is some spontaneous organic grassroots protest by "oppressed" people. It is an out and out coordinated and funded insurrection attempt by leftist Marxist radicals which means Trump has plenty of justification to forcefully react at the federal level, especially when it's obvious local and state officials are refusing to protect their own constituents by even attempting to enforce the law. There furthermore needs to be a serious criminal investigation into who and/or what is behind all if this and where the funding is coming from with the intent of seriously bringing the leaders of this violence to justice.

I love QAnon fan fiction, please go on.
Johnny Bear
Username checks out said:

Canada2017 said:

Yes tell us all about how you love authoritarian government when the Democrats are the ones back in power.

If the Marxists, er, uh, I mean the dimcrats God forbid take power, that's the only kind of government we're going to have - Comrade Brooks.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Let me make sure I understand, All this stuff that is happening is happening under Pres. Trump. So I should vote for Pres. Trump.

Voting for someone other than Trump will promote what is happening now under Trump.

The rioting is occurring during Pres. Trumps term so we should re elect him so he can step in and fix it. What is he waiting for?
Canada2017
Username checks out said:

Canada2017 said:

Either you are exceptionally young and naive ....or merely enjoy trolling .

Regardless this looting and burning cannot be allowed continue unchallenged.
Canada2017
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Let me make sure I understand, All this stuff that is happening is happening under Pres. Trump. So I should vote for Pres. Trump.

Voting for someone other than Trump will promote what is happening now under Trump.

The rioting is occurring during Pres. Trumps term so we should re elect him so he can step in and fix it. What is he waiting for?

You have made plain your dislike for Trump since his inauguration.

So you are merely taking a new approach here .
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
You are correct. I think Trump is a better game show host than he is a president.

So explain why you urge people to vote for the president that has this happening under his term. Isnt there a famous saying about doing something over and over and acting surprised at the same results? If Pres. Trump knows what to do is he just waiting as a political stunt?

Maybe you should have said "if you like the protesting and rioting, vote for pres, Trump." We know what we get withb Pres. Trump. We dont know with others. Biden isnt the answer but its strange you seem to think it would be worse with him than Trump. The mess is now. It didnt happen under Biden.
wuzzybear

You are correct. I think Trump is a better game show host than he is a president.

So explain why you urge people to vote for the president that has this happening under his term. Isnt there a famous saying about doing something over and over and acting surprised at the same results? If Pres. Trump knows what to do is he just waiting as a political stunt?

Maybe you should have said "if you like the protesting and rioting, vote for pres, Trump." We know what we get withb Pres. Trump. We dont know with others. Biden isnt the answer but its strange you seem to think it would be worse with him than Trump. The mess is now. It didnt happen under Biden.
...another moron on this site. I should put out my Trump manifesto and post it every time I come across left loons. But it is ok. You will see on Nov. 3. ALL of my Trump supporting friends are keeping quiet until the election to speak. What will it take for you idiots to understand not only this, but also to understand that if Biden is in he will kicked to the curb (without even knowing it of course) and then left loons will run this place like they wanted it ever since 90% of the lib professors at 90% of the so-called "academic" institutions have brainwashed their Marxist minds. I doubt you even care about that or maybe you do but your IQ is less than 100 at best and you cannot comprehend this.

The riots will continue no matter what until the Constitution is scrapped. Liberals, or what is left of them, actually still believe in it. But these libs have been forced to obey THE SQUAD bc they are weak little pansies. However, they will not infiltrate this neighborhood with my UNITE THE RIGHT defenders.

I think it is you, cinque, usernamecksout, and a few others who are primarily behind the venom you are attempting to bite with here.

Trump will take 38 states. You say he is causing the riots because he is not passively allowing it. There is a reason for that and its no political stunt. You have bought so far into the MSM that now you are in their boat. Why don't you give Leo Terrell a call and make a deal with him. He was the biggest Trump hater on TV until about a month ago and he came full circle. You don't seem to understand that these little wimpy anarchists do not care who is president and could care less what happened to George Floyd. All they were looking for is a platform and with Floyd they finally got it so they came out of their parents basement and began their little autonomous zone and how did that work out for them. Do you agree with tearing down statues of Union heroes or the founding fathers? If you do you are just one of them.

Why haven't the Dems who have been on the hill for 30+ yrs come out to denounce such violence and looting and everything and furthermore where does Biden stand on this? All we know is he has flipped flopped on every issue after 40yrs up there. Why? You know why? Because it is about 25% of this country who think we would be better off with Satan as president than Trump.

But there is no talking to you. In fact, the time for talk is over. This is going to be THE CIVIL WAR, THE SEQUEL in about 3months no matter what happens on Nov 3. I think only then will you understand what I am talking about. Until then, have at it bro. WE SHALL SEE!!!
4th and Inches

yep- all of this is Trumps fault! It is also his fault that A hurricane roared ashore in south Texas ruining my vacation getaway! Biden 2020!!
Jack Bauer

You do understand that there is an election coming November 3? And the Democrats are BEGGING for Trump to unleash lethal force on protestors for their propaganda.

I watched the Portland protest last night. There was a fence, a line of federal agents with non-lethal force and the courthouse. For 3-4 hours, the protestors cursed, threw debris over the fence, shot fireworks over the fence, pointed lasers into the agents eyes and the response was minimal.

Only until the protestors tore down the fence did the feds have to respond with more force to defend the building. Please make it clear that it was the Portland PD (local) that declared this is a riot and responded in kind.

The feds are protecting one federal courthouse in Portland and y'all act like Trump is a dictator coming into people's homes and swooping them up.

Malbec

So every time the Republicans win the WH, the Democrats should burn the country down and then be rewarded with the next election, and then the Republicans should loot and pillage to be rewarded with the next election? Rinse and repeat, since lawlessness deserves reward.
Jack Bauer
More Americans just looking for bread at the federal courthouse in LA to feed their family...

George Truett
With his heavy-handedness and personal army, Trump has successfully reignited protests across the country that were quietly dying down.

Sometimes acting like John Wayne is just stupid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.