Liz Cheney: The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us

55,836 Views | 1080 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booray said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

I suspect if both the Trump supporters and the anti-Trump Republicans stopped talking about Trump, this whole issue would go away. But Liz's decision to continue to bring him up every chance she gets doesn't help her or the party. Neither side should require homogeneity. I think that is a fact that both sides miss, but especially the never-Trumpers, like Liz, Mitt and Flake. They seem to want to root out MAGA instead of letting this process play out, and in the process will fracture the party. The tea party did not fracutre the party, so why should this?

Both sides just need to let it go. Trump is a loser. He will be 75 in a month. Unless Biden completely screws up the economy (something that I didn't think was possible a month ago, but now I wonder), I don't see any way that Trump ever gets reelected.
All sides will let it go when Trump stops claiming the election was stolen. Its catnip for the chattering class.

There is one person in the world who can get us to move on to the next thing. Unfortunately, that person will not do what is best for the country.
Ignore him. Let it go. Who cares what he says? He barely gets any play now days anyway.

Like I said, I suspect if the party would move on instead of trying to root out those who don't conform to a certain way of thought, the Repubs will be fine. Hell, the Dems are doing their best to wreck the economy. The wind is at our backs.
70% of Republicans say they believe the election was stolen. Its pretty hard to ignore that.
Link? (Just hoping it is a shoddy poll)
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/09/republicans-free-fair-elections-435488
Well, maybe I have a little hope. The poll was taken last November. The question asked seems to be "do you think some irregularities occurred"? I believe ballots were tampered with, but not enough to steal the election. I believe mail in ballots led to voter fraud.
I don't see a poll saying 70% of Republicans believe the election was stolen.

From the link:
The POLITICO/Morning Consult poll was conducted Nov. 6-9, surveying 1,987 registered voters. Some interviews were done before the race was called, but the majority were after the official call. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 2 percentage points.
Among those who believed that the election wasn't free and fair, 78 percent believed that mail-in voting led to widespread voter fraud and 72 percent believed that ballots were tampered with
Booray
Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

I suspect if both the Trump supporters and the anti-Trump Republicans stopped talking about Trump, this whole issue would go away. But Liz's decision to continue to bring him up every chance she gets doesn't help her or the party. Neither side should require homogeneity. I think that is a fact that both sides miss, but especially the never-Trumpers, like Liz, Mitt and Flake. They seem to want to root out MAGA instead of letting this process play out, and in the process will fracture the party. The tea party did not fracutre the party, so why should this?

Both sides just need to let it go. Trump is a loser. He will be 75 in a month. Unless Biden completely screws up the economy (something that I didn't think was possible a month ago, but now I wonder), I don't see any way that Trump ever gets reelected.
All sides will let it go when Trump stops claiming the election was stolen. Its catnip for the chattering class.

There is one person in the world who can get us to move on to the next thing. Unfortunately, that person will not do what is best for the country.
Ignore him. Let it go. Who cares what he says? He barely gets any play now days anyway.

Like I said, I suspect if the party would move on instead of trying to root out those who don't conform to a certain way of thought, the Repubs will be fine. Hell, the Dems are doing their best to wreck the economy. The wind is at our backs.
70% of Republicans say they believe the election was stolen. Its pretty hard to ignore that.
Well, maybe I have a little hope. The poll was taken last November. The question asked seems to be "do you think some irregularities occurred"? I believe ballots were tampered with, but not enough to steal the election. I believe mail in ballots led to voter fraud.

From the link:
The POLITICO/Morning Consult poll was conducted Nov. 6-9, surveying 1,987 registered voters. Some interviews were done before the race was called, but the majority were after the official call. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 2 percentage points.
Among those who believed that the election wasn't free and fair, 78 percent believed that mail-in voting led to widespread voter fraud and 72 percent believed that ballots were tampered with
Sorry, those numbers have not moved much:

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2021/05/poll-most-republicans-havent-given-up-thinking-2020-election-was-stolen/

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/majority-republicans-still-believe-2020-election-was-stolen-donald-trump

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-politics-disinformation/half-of-republicans-believe-false-accounts-of-deadly-u-s-capitol-riot-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN2BS0RZ

C. Jordan
Mothra said:

C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Not really. It's the media and Never-Trumpers that keep wringing their hands over polls. They're the one who continue to make this news.
Having 30% of the country lose faith in the election process is newsworthy.

It's old news, just like Trump.
I wish he were. But the fact that GOP reps just kicked out Cheney for the crime of speaking out against Trump says otherwise.

The bottom line dynamic is this: A great majority of reps are in "safe" districts. This means Dems have no meaningful chance of winning. So their main fear is getting "primaried," having someone more conservative run against them. They know that Trump has at least a 70% approval rating with the GOP base and that they turn out to vote. So if they want to get reelected, they need Trump's approval.
50% of Republicans support the GOP over Trump. I've seen no poll that says 70% approve of Trump or believe the election was stolen, so I am not sure where you are getting those numbers.

https://www.axios.com/trump-approval-rating-republicans-21d8fa7e-8cee-401f-96eb-85643a422082.html

Emotions will die down over the coming months and years. But we can count on lefties and the media to keep bringing this up on a consistent basis.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/30/politics/cnn-poll-voting-rights/index.html

There is some nuance here. 70% of Republicans believe Biden didn't get enough votes to be elected. But the share of Republicans who say that there's solid evidence that Biden didn't win has dropped from 58% to 50%.
Osodecentx
Booray said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

From the link:
Sorry, those numbers have not moved much:

https://www.minnpost.com/eric-black-ink/2021/05/poll-most-republicans-havent-given-up-thinking-2020-election-was-stolen/

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/majority-republicans-still-believe-2020-election-was-stolen-donald-trump

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-politics-disinformation/half-of-republicans-believe-false-accounts-of-deadly-u-s-capitol-riot-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN2BS0RZ
Well, it is disappointing, so I'll continue to nitpick. I continue to hope that my party hasn't gone full-commando Florda.
The first link is an op-ed interpreting results of a poll to which I can find no link. I'd like to see the exact question asked.
On the 3rd link, I'm a little skeptical of a poll of 379 self identified Republicans being extrapolated to the entire universe of Republicans I'm the USA. I admit this is hopeful and I don't have any data to support my hope.
I am sure irregularities occurred, so I would answer 'yes' if I am asked that question.That doesn't mean I believe Trump was robbed. I am sure Biden won more votes, both electoral and popular.

From the last link:
The sample includes 451 Democrats, 379 Republicans, and 119 independents. Weighting was then employed to balance demographics to ensure that the sample's composition reflects that of the adult population according to Census data and to provide results intended to approximate the sample universe. The precision of Ipsos online polls is measured using a credibility interval. In this case, the poll is accurate to within 3.5 percentage points, 19 times out of 20, had all Americans been polled. The credibility interval will be wider among subsets of the population. All sample surveys and polls may be subject to other sources of error, including but not limited to coverage error and measurement error. The poll also has a credibility interval of 5.3 percentage points for Democrats, 5.7 percentage points for Republicans, and 10.2 percentage points for independents.
J.R.
TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Jeff Flake. LOL!!! There is a reason he is referred to as FORMER Senator Jeff Flake. Hope him and Liz do well in the private sector and rake in some sizeable speaking fees.
Yep. The reason is he speaks truth in the face of a cult controlled party. There is a reason Trump won in 2016 with less than the popular vote (against the likes of HRC). There is a reason Republicans lost governorships under Trump. There is a reason Republicans lost the House of Representatives. There is a reason Republicans lost the Senate. There is a reason Trump lost the popular vote in a record turnout for his opponent. There is a reason Republicans continue as a minority party. Four years under Trump - four decisive losses - House, Senate, governors, presidency. The reason is Trump. There is a reason he is referred to as FORMER President Trump.
Just stop with those facts! I'm just not going to believe those!!!! The election was done stole, don't ya know?
C. Jordan
J.R. said:

TexasScientist said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Jeff Flake. LOL!!! There is a reason he is referred to as FORMER Senator Jeff Flake. Hope him and Liz do well in the private sector and rake in some sizeable speaking fees.
Yep. The reason is he speaks truth in the face of a cult controlled party. There is a reason Trump won in 2016 with less than the popular vote (against the likes of HRC). There is a reason Republicans lost governorships under Trump. There is a reason Republicans lost the House of Representatives. There is a reason Republicans lost the Senate. There is a reason Trump lost the popular vote in a record turnout for his opponent. There is a reason Republicans continue as a minority party. Four years under Trump - four decisive losses - House, Senate, governors, presidency. The reason is Trump. There is a reason he is referred to as FORMER President Trump.
Just stop with those facts! I'm just not going to believe those!!!! The election was done stole, don't ya know?
The scariest thing to me is a number of Republicans believe Trump and Trump alone on these matters. They believe him not just over mainstream media, but also above congress, the courts, Fox, NewsMax, or whomever.
curtpenn
J.R. said:

This issue is really, really simple. Ms. Cheney simply stood up for the truth which is Trump incited the insurrection and needed to be impeached in her opinion. She also has stood up for the TRUTH relative to the election was NOT stolen. Trump lost, but he continues to perpetuate THE LIE. The Republican Paryt of which I used to belong (now Independent) is nothing more than the party of Trump. If you are a Republican and refuse to perpetuate THE LIE, Trump will try to "primary you". Unfortunately, the majority of the Republican/Trump Party are gutless, cowardly people that are scared of Trump and are too concerned about being Trump turning on them and they won't get reelected so the cower in the corner and will not tell the truth and do what is right, save a couple...Romney, Kiinsinger ect. I give Ms Cheney credit for doing what is right and taking on that ****ing Bully. Just watch the pathetic flip flops from spineless Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy. Just pathetic. I cannot believe that these grown ass adults let Trumps control them. Just sad. Again, Trump lost.....presidency, senate, and congress. What more do ya'll Trumpers not understand.
Everything you say is a lie.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Donald Trump will never win another election, fair or unfair. The Democrats have made that very clear. The Republicans had better choose a different candidate SUPPORTED by Trump, or they will lose. As I stated in a previous post, I don't believe Trump's ego will allow him to be second fiddle to anyone.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Booray
Trump being his usual gracious self:

Liz Cheney is a bitter, horrible human being," Trump wrote. "I watched her yesterday and realized how bad she is for the Republican Party. She has no personality or anything good having to do with politics or our country."

"She is a warmonger whose family stupidly pushed us into the never-ending Middle East disaster, draining our wealth and depleting our great military, the worst decision in our country's history," he added. "I look forward to soon watching her as a paid contributor on CNN or MSDNC!"

Not to be outdone, on of his sycophants chimed in:

"Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye Liz Cheney," tweeted Rep. Madison Cawthorn, R-N.C.

Its like watching an episode of Big Brother. These are our leaders?

Osodecentx
Booray said:

Liz Cheney is a bitter, horrible human being," Trump wrote. "I watched her yesterday and realized how bad she is for the Republican Party. She has no personality or anything good having to do with politics or our country."

"She is a warmonger whose family stupidly pushed us into the never-ending Middle East disaster, draining our wealth and depleting our great military, the worst decision in our country's history," he added. "I look forward to soon watching her as a paid contributor on CNN or MSDNC!"

"Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye Liz Cheney," tweeted Rep. Madison Cawthorn, R-N.C.

Its like watching an episode of Big Brother. These our leaders?

No
curtpenn
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Kicking out Liz because she doe not like Trump is stupid.

Kicking out Liz because she is a piece of **** war monger and corporate money worshiping ***** is absolutely correct.
Liz is a never trump idiot that falls for and participates in false media narratives. She can be in congress if her constituents want her, but in no way should be in any kind of leadership position.
I wonder how many of the same posters who are arguing that Liz Cheney is a "war monger" who wants to keep us involved in endless conflicts also were all for the invasions post 9/11, argued Obama was an idiot for continuing the Iraq drawdown and think that maintaining stability in the Mid-East is of vital importance for energy reasons and to help Israel?

Also amazing that people who continually whine about politicians not sticking to their guns based on careerism will castigate someone for taking a position that is obviously the opposite of careerism.
Yep
is it really? Is she really going to get hurt if she loses her seat? is she really in it for Wyoming?

She lands on her feet no matter what. It's the people of Wyoming who finally get someone who represents them, and the GOP caucus in Congress who gets a leader who knows how to team-build rather than virtue posture.
The problem is the GOP not tolerating differences of opinion. If you don't line up with Trump you're out
That's a pretty flimsy straw man which fails on multiple levels.

First it's about leadership: Caucus leaders cannot set themselves up as a vocal and unwavering opponent of the leader of the party. She couldn't hold onto her job if she criticized McCarthy vociferously, so why should she get to do that for criticizing the man who manifestly has the broadest support within the party at large? She told the truth about a guy with a 30% approval rating

Second, politics is all about compromise, isn't it? She is a moderate, for crissakes. Can't she compromise with her own caucus for the sake of accomplishing larger goals? Does she really think that she alone can stand and force Trump aside? I mean, if she really feels that strongly, why doesn't she resign and let someone else take over? She told the truth about a guy with a 30% approval rating.

Third, virtue postures self destructive when they're about ego. She's making her leadership post all about HER, about her views which are a very small minority of opinion in the party and out of step with her constituents at home and her caucus in Washington. If she just shut her mouth about Trump and started working on the many things that she and her caucus are in agreement with, she wouldn't be losing her post. but she can't do THAT. She has to make sure all her friends know she is NOT going to work with that very bad man. She told the truth about a guy with a 30% approval rating

The real headline here is that the shrinking number of establishment neverTrumpers simply think they're too good to play team ball. She told the truth about a guy with a 30% approval rating It's the conservative base that is supposed to bite down and swallow things they don't like being forced upon them by their betters. And they can't bar told the truth? Moderate/establishment types actually compromise within their own party? Oh no. That's beneath them. So just repeat the Big Lie because the Party can't tell the truth. They have to be principled when it comes to moderating conservatism! It's simply amazing that neverTrumpers cannot see that all they're doing is doubling down on their own vanity rather than playing team ball to accomplish a conservative agenda. They cannot imagine that they're wrong, that the party has left them. So they rent themselves out as mouthpieces of of forces who will never cooperate with them, never willingly accede to any conservative policies, and undermine chances to actually accomplish things they claim to want to achieve.

She told the truth about a guy with a 30% approval rating

The only question is, are you going to play ball with us or with them?
Neither of you. I'll have to wait til you guys sink on the Good Ship Trump and hope there is enough left of the country to build something back.
Go threaten the little children
The problem with making everything all about Trump all of the time is that this only plays into the hands of the regressives and will result in the eventual destruction of America as we know it. All conservatives need to focus on defeating the regressive elements in our country and reclaiming our culture. You are delusional if you think Republicans win without Trump supporters. You don't have to like the guy or his supporters.
curtpenn
Booray said:

As over against the pudding brained panderer-in-chief and his Komrade Kamala, along with that POS Pelosi?
Osodecentx
curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Kicking out Liz because she is a piece of **** war monger and corporate money worshiping ***** is absolutely correct.
Liz is a never trump idiot that falls for and participates in false media narratives. She can be in congress if her constituents want her, but in no way should be in any kind of leadership position.
I wonder how many of the same posters who are arguing that Liz Cheney is a "war monger" who wants to keep us involved in endless conflicts also were all for the invasions post 9/11, argued Obama was an idiot for continuing the Iraq drawdown and think that maintaining stability in the Mid-East is of vital importance for energy reasons and to help Israel?

Also amazing that people who continually whine about politicians not sticking to their guns based on careerism will castigate someone for taking a position that is obviously the opposite of careerism.
Yep
is it really? Is she really going to get hurt if she loses her seat? is she really in it for Wyoming?

She lands on her feet no matter what. It's the people of Wyoming who finally get someone who represents them, and the GOP caucus in Congress who gets a leader who knows how to team-build rather than virtue posture.
The problem is the GOP not tolerating differences of opinion. If you don't line up with Trump you're out

First it's about leadership: Caucus leaders cannot set themselves up as a vocal and unwavering opponent of the leader of the party. She couldn't hold onto her job if she criticized McCarthy vociferously, so why should she get to do that for criticizing the man who manifestly has the broadest support within the party at large? She told the truth about a guy with a 30% approval rating

Second, politics is all about compromise, isn't it? She is a moderate, for crissakes. Can't she compromise with her own caucus for the sake of accomplishing larger goals? Does she really think that she alone can stand and force Trump aside? I mean, if she really feels that strongly, why doesn't she resign and let someone else take over? She told the truth about a guy with a 30% approval rating.

Third, virtue postures self destructive when they're about ego. She's making her leadership post all about HER, about her views which are a very small minority of opinion in the party and out of step with her constituents at home and her caucus in Washington. If she just shut her mouth about Trump and started working on the many things that she and her caucus are in agreement with, she wouldn't be losing her post. but she can't do THAT. She has to make sure all her friends know she is NOT going to work with that very bad man. She told the truth about a guy with a 30% approval rating

The real headline here is that the shrinking number of establishment neverTrumpers simply think they're too good to play team ball. She told the truth about a guy with a 30% approval rating It's the conservative base that is supposed to bite down and swallow things they don't like being forced upon them by their betters. And they can't bar told the truth? Moderate/establishment types actually compromise within their own party? Oh no. That's beneath them. So just repeat the Big Lie because the Party can't tell the truth. They have to be principled when it comes to moderating conservatism! It's simply amazing that neverTrumpers cannot see that all they're doing is doubling down on their own vanity rather than playing team ball to accomplish a conservative agenda. They cannot imagine that they're wrong, that the party has left them. So they rent themselves out as mouthpieces of of forces who will never cooperate with them, never willingly accede to any conservative policies, and undermine chances to actually accomplish things they claim to want to achieve.

Neither of you. I'll have to wait til you guys sink on the Good Ship Trump and hope there is enough left of the country to build something back.
The problem with making everything all about Trump all of the time is that this only plays into the hands of the regressives and will result in the eventual destruction of America as we know it. All conservatives need to focus on defeating the regressive elements in our country and reclaiming our culture. You are delusional if you think Republicans win without Trump supporters. You don't have to like the guy or his supporters.
I'm not the one making everything about Trump. Congressional Republicans are doing that.
Republicans do need Trump supporters to win. I voted for Trump twice; never again. I'm not tracking down Trump supporters to strip them of office or to defeat them at the polls.

Trump enjoys the support of 30% of Americans. Is this the guy we want leading the charge?
J.R.
curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

This issue is really, really simple. Ms. Cheney simply stood up for the truth which is Trump incited the insurrection and needed to be impeached in her opinion. She also has stood up for the TRUTH relative to the election was NOT stolen. Trump lost, but he continues to perpetuate THE LIE. The Republican Paryt of which I used to belong (now Independent) is nothing more than the party of Trump. If you are a Republican and refuse to perpetuate THE LIE, Trump will try to "primary you". Unfortunately, the majority of the Republican/Trump Party are gutless, cowardly people that are scared of Trump and are too concerned about being Trump turning on them and they won't get reelected so the cower in the corner and will not tell the truth and do what is right, save a couple...Romney, Kiinsinger ect. I give Ms Cheney credit for doing what is right and taking on that ****ing Bully. Just watch the pathetic flip flops from spineless Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy. Just pathetic. I cannot believe that these grown ass adults let Trumps control them. Just sad. Again, Trump lost.....presidency, senate, and congress. What more do ya'll Trumpers not understand.
Everything you say is a lie.
Really? Please refute with facts, son.
C. Jordan
Booray said:

Cawthorn is our rep, God help us!
Oldbear83
Trump continues to hold your full attention, I see.

There's more going on the world, you know ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
C. Jordan
curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Yep

The problem is that Trump makes everything about Trump all the time and most of the GOP make it about Trump all the time. Do you really think it's healthy for one person to have a stranglehold on a party? You can say lots of things about "regressives," but the one thing you can't say is that they're a personality cult. That's exactly what the GOP is, and today is just the latest evidence of it.

How can the GOP "win" with a group of people focused not on policy but on a personality whom they dare not question?

It appears most of the GOP are willing to do away with democracy to "reclaim our culture." To me, democracy is a vital part of our culture. Yet Trump is doing everything he can to subvert it and the GOP is supporting him in his subversion.
C. Jordan
Oldbear83 said:

Because he holds the full attention of the GOP.
Booray
Oldbear83 said:

If you aren't interested, why are you on this thread?
Guy Noir
Florda_mike said:

Guy Noir said:

The GOP Leadership is fracturing itself. They are losing support due to this obsession with MAGA. I do not think Trump could get elected in the future.

Idiot here ^^^
Very witty. You do realize that Trump did lose the last presidential election?
Oldbear83
C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

Nope, only the ones who respect what he did, and of course malignant haters like yourself.
Oldbear83
Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Watching people make idiots of themselves.

No shortage of it when watching Trump-haters rant.
C. Jordan
Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

Nope, only the ones who respect what he did, and of course malignant haters like yourself.
So, what do you think today was about? Cheney was expelled for speaking the truth about Trump. It wasn't because she wasn't conservative. If Trump isn't the object of their attention, then how do you explain her expulsion?
Oldbear83
C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

So, what do you think today was about? Cheney was expelled for speaking the truth about Trump. It wasn't because she wasn't conservative. If Trump isn't the object of their attention, then how do you explain her expulsion?
No, this was not about "truth". This was about Cheney making an ass of herself.

Trump is gone, and so there is no reason to go on and on about him, for or against.

Stop pretending Cheney is anything other than a self-serving ass who abused her position for personal gain.

C. Jordan
Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

No, this was not about "truth". This was about Cheney making an ass of herself.

Trump is gone, and so there is no reason to go on and on about him, for or against.

Stop pretending Cheney is anything other than a self-serving ass who abused her position for personal gain.

It seems you're deflecting. Cheney was merely saying the same thing that McCarthy said after the insurrection. If the rest of the GOP acknowledged the truth, then she wouldn't appear to be an ass. What prompted her to make the statement was that Trump keeps pushing the lie and her fellow reps refuse to call him on it.

And if that's all it was about, why did they have to do a hurried voice vote out of the public eye down in the basement?

Trump is not gone. The vast majority of the GOP still has fealty for him. I'm already seeing bumper stickers that say "Trump 2024: The Revenge Tour."

Oldbear83
Sorry pal, find a mirror if you want to see "deflection". Cheney brought her trouble on herself, and deserved it all.

Give it a rest about Trump, we have real work to do and you only bray like an ass trying to bring up "Trump! Trump!" like this.
Mothra
Booray said:

He's a pretty terrible human being.

But I will say Cheney's dad was a war-monger, and has a lot of blood on his hands. Liz isn't responsible for her father's bad acts, however.
PartyBear
Yeah the vote off record was chicken shxt. They should all be on record with their position. I would think if they thought their position wasn't one of cowardice, they would be fine with the public knowing their vote.

I seem to remember several of y'all anti war folks were marching lock step with Bush/Cheney with the war, water boarding, torture, Patriot Act etc in the 00s on Bfans.
HuMcK
The way they've always feigned their ridiculous ignorance about Trump to avoid confronting him in any way is just icing on the whole shtty cake.
Ghostrider
Sounds like Obama
Oldbear83
It's always funny watching Progressives judge Republicans on any moral or ethical claim.

Like the Crips judging whether someone was a good person.
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Watching people make idiots of themselves.

No shortage of it when watching Trump-haters rant.

You are the idiot, these guys are just talking about politics. If you don't have anything useful to say you should shut up.

And speaking of haters, the GOP hates the Constitution so much they just removed Cheney from leadership, for support g the Constitution. You can't actually make yourself any more of an idiot than that.

Pelosi said Cheney has a lot of courage to stand up for democracy. Is the bar really so low now? That's all it takes?

The GOP as it is is finished. I am starting to think Trump was a DNC plant all along.
Oldbear83
Talk about worthless garbage in a post.

Starting with an insult may be the norm for you or Florda, but it only makes you look like you can't carry an argument on the facts.

And no, Republicans do not 'hate the Constitution'. If that's all you can dredge up, that's weak even for the Left.

Pelosi hasn't done an ethical thing since she had her conscience removed decades ago, so bringing her up is laughable.

And no, the GOP is just fine, Trump was not a plant, and you should post a lot less.
BearFan33
J.R. said:

BearFan33 said:

J.R. said:

The big lie is your truth and may or not be the truth. The media tells lies regularly and spins everything. I'm sure your truth was also Russia collusion. If you spent any time listening or watching the ga hearings regarding the election, you may have doubts yourself.
So....You think Trump really won the election and it was stolen? Please answer directly.

I think Trump won GA if the election was done fairly. I watched and listened to the hearings, the testimonies and the presentation of the evidence. Did you? Or did you take msnbc's interpretations as gospel? I can't be sure about the other states. I didn't have time to do research.

Question for you. Do you believe trump collided with Russia? Please answer directly.

I'm glad Cheney is out of leadership. As I said before she can stay in the Congress if her constituents want her (they don't). She is a pearl clutching moron who would rather virtue signal and make it all about her than do anything productive against a party that seems hell bent on destroying the country.
Sam Lowry
BearFan33 said:

J.R. said:

BearFan33 said:

J.R. said:

The big lie is your truth and may or not be the truth. The media tells lies regularly and spins everything. I'm sure your truth was also Russia collusion. If you spent any time listening or watching the ga hearings regarding the election, you may have doubts yourself.
So....You think Trump really won the election and it was stolen? Please answer directly.

I think Trump won GA if the election was done fairly. I watched and listened to the hearings, the testimonies and the presentation of the evidence. Did you? Or did you take msnbc's interpretations as gospel? I can't be sure about the other states. I didn't have time to do research.

Question for you. Do you believe trump collided with Russia? Please answer directly.

I'm glad Cheney is out of leadership. As I said before she can stay in the Congress if her constituents want her (they don't). She is a pearl clutching moron who would rather virtue signal and make it all about her than do anything productive against a party that seems hell bent on destroying the country.
The televised hearings which weren't under oath, with evidence they never offered in court?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.