Liz Cheney: The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us

57,201 Views | 1080 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
curtpenn said:

ilbb990912 said:

Republicans and Democrats, at the end of the day, are 2 sides of the same coin - stooges for big corporations;
Definitely some truth in that.
It should also be observed, that the few people with the courage or ideal to go against the business-as-usual politics are savaged not only by the Establishment mandarins in their own party, but also by the media which sees its duty to protect their own bank accounts and influence.

For all the chaos introduced by populists and some sketchy ideas, its not only good but vital for us to see populists point to the thirst and hunger of the ordinary person to be represented by someone who is not just a corporate stooge.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
TexasScientist
Doc Holliday said:

TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

OsoCoreyell said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

She is exactly right
She is a cancer of her own type.

Not at all what we need.
There is a cancer, but it isn't Liz Cheney.
Ohhhhhh, Liz is a cancer all right. Just because you like what she is saying, doe snot make it a good thing.
So what is it exactly you don't like about Liz? Voting record - ACU 78% (Stefanik 44%), Heritage Action 80% (Stefanik 48%). Or is it she dares to call Trump out for who he is?

The cancer is Trump and Liz is willing to publicaly make the diagnosis.
You're on the side that media is on every single time. It never fails.

Maybe question that.

Liz partnered with pro-war Democrats who make up the majority of the House Armed Services Committee: she banned the use of money to withdraw Afghanistan troops last year...

She will gladly spill blood to climb the political ladder.

You don't think the DC making billions off war isn't propping her up in media in order to continue the process?
You sound like a liberal Democrat. I don't believe I know any pro-war Democrats, but Bidden should be your guy since he is the first President to pull us out. We've been in Afghanistan for good reason.

Who in the Republican party has Liz voted out of step with regarding Afghanistan? Who in DC is propping her up while making billions off war? Which pro-war Democrats did she partner with to ban withdrawal funds (vote count please)?
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
curtpenn
Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

I'm shocked a Republican is saying this. Standing on principle is something I thought the GOP abandoned long ago. Valuing America might not be popular on either side, but at least here is 1 politician who does.
And we will cast her out for calling out Trump

If she's cast out, it will be for putting personality above policy, largely in a bid to stem the loss of power establishment republicans, like her, Romney, etc., were experiencing. She sided with Democrats to take down her internal political party opponents by casting them as immoral....which is like a cobra chastising a rattle snake for being poisonous.

The key takeaway is that she sided with Democrats. She sided with a truly antiAmerican party to try and shore up her power. She needs to go.
She sided with the Constitution, not party. You put loyalty to Trump above all principle

She did not. She sided with an outright lie. I'm loyal to no politician.
Trump says the election was stolen. That is the lie. To ignore Trump's statements is to abet the big lie

If the election was not stolen, then a majority of the voters are enemies of our republic and should be resisted by any and all means necessary.
Do you really believe this stuff or are you trolling?
I see you have your usual big bag of nothing. No surprise.

Your posting makes zero sense. The majority of the people are the enemy of the people. That is why I thought you had to be trolling. Turns out you actually believe this nonsense.

Doesn't require much knowledge to understand that being in a majority of any group means nothing. Sorry for your failure to grasp such a simple concept. Guess I gave you too much credit.
GrowlTowel
curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

I'm shocked a Republican is saying this. Standing on principle is something I thought the GOP abandoned long ago. Valuing America might not be popular on either side, but at least here is 1 politician who does.

If she's cast out, it will be for putting personality above policy, largely in a bid to stem the loss of power establishment republicans, like her, Romney, etc., were experiencing. She sided with Democrats to take down her internal political party opponents by casting them as immoral....which is like a cobra chastising a rattle snake for being poisonous.

The key takeaway is that she sided with Democrats. She sided with a truly antiAmerican party to try and shore up her power. She needs to go.
She sided with the Constitution, not party. You put loyalty to Trump above all principle

Trump says the election was stolen. That is the lie. To ignore Trump's statements is to abet the big lie

If the election was not stolen, then a majority of the voters are enemies of our republic and should be resisted by any and all means necessary.

Your posting makes zero sense. The majority of the people are the enemy of the people. That is why I thought you had to be trolling. Turns out you actually believe this nonsense.

Doesn't require much knowledge to understand that being in a majority of any group means nothing. Sorry for your failure to grasp such a simple concept. Guess I gave you too much credit.

You take this from a Hamlet monologue?
Booray
curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Being in the majority of voters means your candidate wins. That makes it more likely the rules of society will match what you desire.

I guess you want America to work in some other way, but I am going to stick with the idea of majority rule.
Dnicknames
Peggy Noonan nails it again...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/liz-cheney-confronts-a-house-of-cowards-11620342680

Liz Cheney Confronts a House of Cowards
By: Peggy Noonan

... if the former president is allowed to keep telling his lie unchecked and unresisted it will only dig in and spread, and the foundations of the Republic begin to crack.

"Trump has never expressed remorse or regret for the attack of Jan. 6 and now suggests that our elections, and our legal and constitutional system, cannot be trusted to do the will of the people."

Members of the House Republican Conference should breathe deep, cool down, and think twice. There will be great cost to the party if it removes the only woman in the House leadership and the only one pushing back against Mr. Trump. Ousting her for saying the obvious puts the party on the side of a lie.

Whoever replaces Ms. Cheney will be elevated by a conference that booted a woman for telling the truth but has expressed little criticism for, say, Rep. Matt Gaetz, reportedly being investigated by federal agents to determine whether he had sex with a minor (he's denied it). Odd, isn't it?

More oddness: The truth in this case isn't really at issue. Ms. Cheney's colleagues are ejecting her not because they think she's wrong on the facts. They know she is right. They know Mr. Trump lost the election and Mr. Biden won. Most of them know it's not good if embittered generations of voters turn on the system and come to feel no fidelity to democratic outcomes.

They just don't want her to say it. They don't want to antagonize constituents who believe the election was stolen. They think Ms. Cheney is doing so, pointlessly. They think the way out is to be quiet and hope the fever passes. Here is a fact of our current political life: The fever never passes. It has to be treated. By not pushing back they create more crazy.

The Cheney drama has an underappreciated subtext, however. She has called hard for a Jan. 6 commission to investigate formally what happened that day, which is a problem for some Republicans, not because they don't want to relitigate the past but because there are members who are uneasy about what such a probe might unearth about their own actions.

Here is the problem of House Republicans: No matter how pro-Trump they show themselves to be, there will always be someone back home who's Trumpier. They're jumpy and scared, fear a primary challenge, and probably know deep down the inquisition won't stop with Ms. Cheney.

In times of high heat, get cool. They shouldn't do what they're going to do next week.
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

muddybrazos said:

Guy Noir said:

muddybrazos said:

TechDawgMc said:

Canon said:

She needs to go. She objected to personality and ignored the damage she was doing to policy.
She objected to character, which is a different thing.
Her Dad is responsible for the deaths of literally a million people so she should pipe down with the call outs.
First: That is a pretty outlandish statement. Dick Cheney and the Bush Administration were defending the USA against terrorist activity. There were some pretty serious fears of terrorism after 9/11.

Second: Liz Cheney should not be called guilty because actions of her father, especially when she did something right (voting to impeach Trump).
BULL F"N SH!!!IT. Iraq had no wmd's and the Bush admin knew as much. Not true. CIA said WMDs were there
Bush kept Clinton's CIA director. CIA made an honest (and disastrous) mistake.
Indeed. An intelligence failure rather than a policy failure.

I saw most the Iraqi WMD intel and there were thousands of piles of it that said he did have WMDs and one manilla folder about a quarter-of-an-inch thick mostly from the same source that said he didn't. Sitting at his desk, looking across the top of all those reports at a TV with videos of a smoking pile of rubble in downtown NYC......he had no choice. A decision NOT to invade Iraq would have required him to completely disregard the intel and act on his own intuition. In addition, the 9/11 commission report cited credible intel that Saddam and AQ were talking, in a nascent liaison - Saddam had WMD capability but had never successfully attacked the USA*; AQ had no WMDS but had demonstrated not only the ability to successfully attack the USA, but to attack the USA homeland. So the basis of that liaison was logical. Each had a capability the other wanted but had been unable to attain.

*I was part of a unit that won a Presidential Unit Citation for interdicting a terrorist attack on US facilities abroad during the lead-up to the first Gulf War. I can't go further except to say that Saddam definitely earned his position on the state sponsor of terror list. The fact that he had WMD capability was not inconsequential. And the fact that islamic terror groups had figured out how to attack the USA homeland was a game-changer. the fact that the two entities had established communication was alarming, to put it mildly.

The intel failure was NOT an analytical failure. The analysts could not have concluded anything other than what they did, given the reporting available to them. The key failure, and the 911 commission did not do a good job of highlighting this to the public, was an operational failure. We simply did not have sources with access to the information necessary to know what was happening. Arab targets are hard to work in the best of circumstances. And in the Iraqi situation, we had closed our embassy there and had no commercial connections to Iraq. That lack of presence on the ground with proximity to people who had access to the information we needed added an enormous barrier to the operational process of spotting, assessing, developing, and recruiting sources of intelligence. And over time, existing sources withered away faster than new ones were acquired. We simply did not have a single reporting source who had access to information about the true status of Saddam's WMD program. And everything else flowed from there.

Frankly, the war was worth it anyway. Saddam had to go. And it gave us an enormous policy leverage against Iran = +100k troops on the Iranian border. But the Obama admin squandered that with an appeasement policy toward Iran which involved removing our forces from Iraq. That was the real outrage. We paid dearly to be in position to have that kind of leverage, real gunboat diplomacy against a regime pursuing WMDs just as intently and even more capably than Saddam. And we threw it all away on a meaningless virtue posture.
Osodecentx
Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Democrats said the election was stolen for 4 years and you only get upset when a republican does it. Your true colors are showing. The Democrats normalized that talk. Trump, as ever, played their game by their rules and they/you got upset he did. You lost your voice when you failed to use it for four years.
Democrats who said the 2016 election was stolen weren't taken seriously. Nobody paid any attention to Clinton. There was no reason to get upset.
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Cheney and her ilk are wrong on a lot of things, but they're 100% right on this. This is completely unacceptable for anyone who claims to love the Constitution and the rule of law.

Adopting the rhetoric of your opponent doesn't impress anyone. It just emboldens your opponent and undermines your credibility among your natural allies.

The rhetoric of constitutionalism was not always unique to the left. It's the abandonment of our own principles that undermines our credibility.

A former president should not be undermining an election six months after the fact, especially not without evidence. It is obscene.
again, you are adopting the rhetoric of your opponent: he did not, and is not, undermining an election. He is keeping the GOP focused on severely flawed state laws that allowed our opponents to steal an election. He is merely playing the same exact games Democrats played, only better. That's why they're freaking out. It's working. Laws are being amended to close loopholes thru which Democrats poured hundreds of thousands of fraudulent ballots.

Dems do not tolerate Cheney-esque rebellion. Literally it never happens. They stay united. yes, they're united behind incredibly bad ideas, but that's why they're winning. They stay united. We simply cannot win when we have elected officials who put their own sensibilities before the interests of the people they represent, and the caucus they are elected to lead. There is absolutely nothing principled at all about what she's doing. She's putting her own vanity uber alles. Man, politics is one of an exceedingly small number of professions where compromising of ones principles is considered a virtue. And she is unwilling to compromise with an overwhelming majority of her own party. How ironic. A moderate who is willing to compromise.

Those claims have made their way through the courts. I understand case law, and I know what is and is not evidence. Some states may need reform, but to claim the election was stolen, based on the available evidence, is a lie.

Trump has offended my sensibilities for a long time. I supported him anyway. The rule of law and the peaceful transfer of power are not "sensibilities." They're what separate us from the dictatorships and banana republics of the world.
curtpenn
Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Being in the majority of voters means your candidate wins. That makes it more likely the rules of society will match what you desire.

I guess you want America to work in some other way, but I am going to stick with the idea of majority rule.

There is no magical virtue in majorities. This is the potentially fatal flaw of democracies. Culture matters.
ATL Bear
Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Democrats said the election was stolen for 4 years and you only get upset when a republican does it. Your true colors are showing. The Democrats normalized that talk. Trump, as ever, played their game by their rules and they/you got upset he did. You lost your voice when you failed to use it for four years.
Democrats who said the 2016 election was stolen weren't taken seriously. Nobody paid any attention to Clinton. There was no reason to get upset.
A Special Counsel was established and we spent Millions of dollars investigating the claims. The House impeached the President taking him to the brink of removal. How is that not being taken seriously?

People still believe vehemently that the Russians stole the election for Trump and were so fearful of it they coordinated with private companies to combat misinformation during the 2020 election.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

A Special Counsel was established and we spent Millions of dollars investigating the claims. The House impeached the President taking him to the brink of removal. How is that not being taken seriously?

People still believe vehemently that the Russians stole the election for Trump and were so fearful of it they coordinated with private companies to combat misinformation during the 2020 election.
Democrats did a lot of damage by refusing to accept the 2016 election. Trump and his enablers are doing a lot of damage now.
Florda_mike
Liz is a snake just like her dad

Both need extinguished from politics and put out to graze

Just another deep swamp in the deep swamp preaching what deep swamp believes which is lies constantly
HuMcK
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

You are purposefully conflating different things to form a straw-man you can use to justify your own behavior. First, Mueller was a Republican, appointed by a Republican, overseen by Republicans, to investigate Republicans. That's a more favorable a draw for Special Counsel than Trump deserved. Second, the impeachment had nothing to do with 2016 (although they should have pursued obstruction if Republicans had any integrity at all). Third, saying the Russians interfered in 2016 and members of the Trump campaign coordinated with that espionage (i.e. objective facts based on clear and convincing evidence), is not the same as saying the election was "stolen" through vague accusations of fraud like Trump is doing. But, you have to conflate them as being the same, I guess for your own conscience. Despite all of that, Hillary still called to concede the very next day, did Trump ever call Biden? Did Dem states immediately begin passing laws to change the rules in their favor like Republicans are doing now?

You're so caught up in your partisan loyalty that it's forcing you to refuse any acknowledgement of inconvenient reality, so you just blanket deny anything having to do with 2016/Russia no matter what evidence exists.

Not for nothing, but we did warn you years ago that if you elected Trump it would set us down a path of destabilization, and that's the exact reason why Russia favored him in in the first place. Well, whaddya know, 4yrs of Trump and the country seems a whole lot less stable than it did before, one side has even decided they don't like democracy anymore because they only represent a minority of voters. Trump and his hardcore supporters would be more than happy to ignite the country to keep him in power (see: events of 1/6), and the party he leads is too cowardly to even call him out for it, so here we are with the Cheney situation.

Accused pedophile Matt Gaetz has a home in the GOP, but not Liz Cheney, and that should tell you all you need to know.
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

I was questioned about the 2016 election, not Russian collusion or impeachments
Oldbear83
The key phrase here in sorting how who is what, is the Latin question, quo bono?

The irony here is that both Trump and Cheney benefit the Democrats with their behavior, by dividing the GOP with personal sniping.
Mothra
HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Did Dem states immediately begin passing laws to change the rules in their favor like Republicans are doing now?

Does making DC a state, packing the Court, amnesty for illegals, and ending the filibuster count?

Or is that something you don't acknowledge Dems are attempting because of YOUR partisan loyalty?
C. Jordan
HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

You are purposefully conflating different things to form a straw-man you can use to justify your own behavior. First, Mueller was a Republican, appointed by a Republican, overseen by Republicans, to investigate Republicans. That's a more favorable a draw for Special Counsel than Trump deserved. Second, the impeachment had nothing to do with 2016 (although they should have pursued obstruction if Republicans had any integrity at all). Third, saying the Russians interfered in 2016 and members of the Trump campaign coordinated with that espionage (i.e. objective facts based on clear and convincing evidence), is not the same as saying the election was "stolen" through vague accusations of fraud like Trump is doing. But, you have to conflate them as being the same, I guess for your own conscience. Despite all of that, Hillary still called to concede the very next day, did Trump ever call Biden? Did Dem states immediately begin passing laws to change the rules in their favor like Republicans are doing now?

You're so caught up in your partisan loyalty that it's forcing you to refuse any acknowledgement of inconvenient reality, so you just blanket deny anything having to do with 2016/Russia no matter what evidence exists.

Not for nothing, but we did warn you years ago that if you elected Trump it would set us down a path of destabilization, and that's the exact reason why Russia favored him in in the first place. Well, whaddya know, 4yrs of Trump and the country seems a whole lot less stable than it did before, one side has even decided they don't like democracy anymore because they only represent a minority of voters. Trump and his hardcore supporters would be more than happy to ignite the country to keep him in power (see: events of 1/6), and the party he leads is too cowardly to even call him out for it, so here we are with the Cheney situation.

Accused pedophile Matt Gaetz has a home in the GOP, but not Liz Cheney, and that should tell you all you need to know.
Really great post!
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Cheney and her ilk are wrong on a lot of things, but they're 100% right on this. This is completely unacceptable for anyone who claims to love the Constitution and the rule of law.

Adopting the rhetoric of your opponent doesn't impress anyone. It just emboldens your opponent and undermines your credibility among your natural allies.

The rhetoric of constitutionalism was not always unique to the left. It's the abandonment of our own principles that undermines our credibility.

A former president should not be undermining an election six months after the fact, especially not without evidence. It is obscene.
again, you are adopting the rhetoric of your opponent: he did not, and is not, undermining an election. He is keeping the GOP focused on severely flawed state laws that allowed our opponents to steal an election. He is merely playing the same exact games Democrats played, only better. That's why they're freaking out. It's working. Laws are being amended to close loopholes thru which Democrats poured hundreds of thousands of fraudulent ballots.

Dems do not tolerate Cheney-esque rebellion. Literally it never happens. They stay united. yes, they're united behind incredibly bad ideas, but that's why they're winning. They stay united. We simply cannot win when we have elected officials who put their own sensibilities before the interests of the people they represent, and the caucus they are elected to lead. There is absolutely nothing principled at all about what she's doing. She's putting her own vanity uber alles. Man, politics is one of an exceedingly small number of professions where compromising of ones principles is considered a virtue. And she is unwilling to compromise with an overwhelming majority of her own party. How ironic. A moderate who is willing to compromise.

Those claims have made their way through the courts. I understand case law, and I know what is and is not evidence. Some states may need reform, but to claim the election was stolen, based on the available evidence, is a lie.

Trump has offended my sensibilities for a long time. I supported him anyway. The rule of law and the peaceful transfer of power are not "sensibilities." They're what separates us from the dictatorships and banana republics of the world.
You should be far more concerned with the FBI/FISA abuse effort at ousting Trump.

As far as I'm concerned, the intelligence community can derail a presidency if DC doesn't like what that president is doing to their money. Because of their recent efforts, I know that my vote and support of populism is pointless: they will attack anyone I support.
TexasScientist
Florda_mike said:

Just another deep swamp in the deep swamp preaching what deep swamp believes which is lies constantly
Let's see, Cheney voted with Trump over 90% of the time and Stefanik was around 77%. Stefanik voted against the Trump tax cuts, Cheney voted for. Stefanik voted against Trumps withdrawal from Syria. Seems like Cheney has waded in the Trump swamp more than Stefanik.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Trump has offended my sensibilities for a long time. I supported him anyway. The rule of law and the peaceful transfer of power are not "sensibilities." They're what separates us from the dictatorships and banana republics of the world.
Exactly!!
Booray
Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Did Dem states immediately begin passing laws to change the rules in their favor like Republicans are doing now?

Does making DC a state, packing the Court, amnesty for illegals, and ending the filibuster count?

Or is that something you don't acknowledge Dems are attempting because of YOUR partisan loyalty?
Attempting change using constitutional methods is not the same as actual change achieved by undermining constitutional procedures. Election laws are one thing-the premise of those laws (that vote fraud exists at a large scale and changed the result of the 2020 election) is the real danger.
Booray
curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

There is no magical virtue in majorities. This is the potentially fatal flaw of democracies. Culture matters.
What are you advocating for? How does a people best govern itself if not through democracy?
HuMcK
Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Maybe if they ever accomplish any of those things you can try and make a point. Until then, they don't compare with bills to change voting procedures that have already been signed in multiple states.
HuMcK
Oldbear83
Booray said:

Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Attempting change using constitutional methods is not the same as attempting change by undermining constitutional procedures. Election laws are one thing-the premise of those laws (that vote fraud exists and changed the result of the 2020 election) is the real danger.
Nice dance, but Mothra's point stands.
bear2be2
Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Curtpenn, like many in his generation, is struggling to cope with/adapt to the rapidly changing world around him. And like the snowflake he is, he wants the world to stop spinning (or more accurately, spin backwards) to accommodate him and the largely irrational fears that were exploited to radicalize him.

People like curt, wuzzy, florda and a number of others in that same demographic can't be reasoned with. They've decided they're right and everyone else is evil. It's pretty sad really, but the good news is that mentality will largely die with that generation. Those that follow aren't nearly so fearful or myopic.
Guy Noir
Florda_mike said:

I disagree. You can have your opinions but you lose respect for your name calling.
Oldbear83
bear2be2 said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Curtpenn, like many in his generation, is struggling to cope with/adapt to the rapidly changing world around him. And like the snowflake he is, he wants the world to stop spinning (or more accurately, spin backwards) to accommodate him and the largely irrational fears that were exploited to radicalize him.

People like curt, wuzzy, florda and a number of others in that same demographic can't be reasoned with. They've decided they're right and everyone else is evil. It's pretty sad really, but the good news is that mentality will largely die with that generation. Those that follow aren't nearly so fearful or myopic.
Has it occurred to you, that the exact opposite is just as likely? That you are ignoring a Reality you do not like, and imposing your assumptions in place of fact?

The 'snowflake' and 'struggling to cope' cheap shots do not improve your argument, by the way.
bear2be2
Oldbear83 said:

bear2be2 said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Has it occurred to you, that the exact opposite is just as likely? That you are ignoring a Reality you do not like, and imposing your assumptions in place of fact?

The 'snowflake' and 'struggling to cope' cheap shots do not improve your argument, by the way.

First, they're not cheap shots. They're observations. Sorry if they hit close to home.

And I'm not ignoring anything. There are plenty of things I don't like or understand about the current state of our world/country. But I can acknowledge based on thousands of years of human history that things change whether we like it or not, and that change that makes us uncomfortable isn't always bad.

Curt's problem, one he shares with many others here, is the certitude with which he approaches everything. As with all fundamentalists, he's created a false black and white dichotomy in a gray world.
curtpenn
Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

What are you advocating for? How does a people best govern itself if not through democracy?

By creating a culture that values, cherishes, recognizes, protects, and promotes the cardinal virtues.
curtpenn
HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

So much stupid in your post it's not worth the time it would take to point out and explain all the flaws. No surprise.
Booray
curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

By creating a culture that values, cherishes, recognizes, protects, and promotes the cardinal virtues.
Your vagueness is telling. Society needs legal and political structures; you are complaining that our current legal and political structure does not accomplish your goals. Fine-how specifically are you going to improve that structure? What are you going to replace democracy with?

It sounds like what you are actually arguing for is a theocracy.
bear2be2
Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

curtpenn said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Your vagueness is telling. Society needs legal and political structures; you are complaining that our current legal and political structure does not accomplish your goals. Fine-how specifically are you going to improve that structure? What are you going to replace democracy with?

It sounds like what you are actually arguing for is a theocracy.

That's what most of these avowed culture warriors want, which makes their chosen moniker "patriot" an ironic one.
Oldbear83
Cheap shot is cheap shot.

Denying only makes you look worse.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.