Liz Cheney: The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us

57,566 Views | 1080 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Solutions? ReadWhite Fragility. Watch Selma. Talk to a few Africa Americans and ask them their experience of racism. Listen to the easy racism of your buddies.
I'm asking for YOUR solutions, not the name of a book
Get to know Black people.
Waco1947
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Solutions? ReadWhite Fragility. Watch Selma. Talk to a few Africa Americans and ask them their experience of racism. Listen to the easy racism of your buddies.
What makes you think I don't know black people?

You dumbass, my next door neighbor is black, my nieces are half black, my brother-in-law is black and SHOCKER, I work with black people too. Hell one of my co-workers is straight from Africa that lived through the Rwanda genocide in the 90s.....

and guess what? EVERY single one of them don't buy into your BS about being a victim... maybe that's why the black people that I know, live in an upscale neighborhood, in a great school district, on the expensive side of town and work at a good professional job. Hell, my nieces are in college about to get their degrees.

Listen up you simple minded race baiter..... not all black people are victims by (and since) birth. It's not the color of skin that defines who you are, it's the content of your character.

Wake up and stop thinking because you're white, you feel you need to help those poor lowly black people because they can't get anywhere without whitey's help. Talk about racist.

My advice to you, stop thinking black people are less than you and that you're uniquely qualified to provide them the help they need because you're white.

Now **** off, *******.
quash
Waco1947 said:

White Fragility is CRT claptrap with no research behind it
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Pretty racist of you to assume he has not already done so.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Waco1947
quash said:

Waco1947 said:

I respect your opinion. I have read it and you are right that there no research. However, she does not claim it to be a scholarly work but an organized accumulation of her experience as a race relations trainer.
Waco1947
quash
Waco1947 said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

I respect your opinion. I have read it and you are right that there no research. However, she does not claim it to be a scholarly work but an organized accumulation of her experience as a race relations trainer.

Exactly. She hit a market of white people with exactly what they want to hear and will make bank. Kudos for her marketing insights.

But we need serious solutions and I don't think she offered one. Can the racial dialogue be improved? Absolutely. But her angle misses the mark, in my opinion. Widely.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Forest Bueller_bf
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Not pretty racist, incredibly so.
Florda_mike
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Not pretty racist, incredibly so.

It ain't conservatives that are racists it liberal left, always has been the left keeping blacks down
J.R.
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

You dumbass, my next door neighbor is black, my nieces are half black, my brother-in-law is black and SHOCKER, I work with black people too. Hell one of my co-workers is straight from Africa that lived through the Rwanda genocide in the 90s.....

and guess what? EVERY single one of them don't buy into your BS about being a victim... maybe that's why the black people that I know, live in an upscale neighborhood, in a great school district, on the expensive side of town and work at a good professional job. Hell, my nieces are in college about to get their degrees.

Listen up you simple minded race baiter..... not all black people are victims by (and since) birth. It's not the color of skin that defines who you are, it's the content of your character.

Wake up and stop thinking because you're white, you feel you need to help those poor lowly black people because they can't get anywhere without whitey's help. Talk about racist.

My advice to you, stop thinking black people are less than you and that you're uniquely qualified to provide them the help they need because you're white.

Now **** off, *******.
You are an angry , small white guy! Grow the eff. up.
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Now **** off, *******.
You should look in a mirror, Napoleon
quash
Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Now **** off, *******.

He didn't say "short"...
J.R.
Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Now **** off, *******.
keep it up Rawdawg. Again grow up. How old are you?
J.R.
quash said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Now **** off, *******.

He didn't say "short"...
no, I didn't. Obviously lost on him.
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Now **** off, *******.
keep it up Rawdawg. Again grow up. How old are you?
Get over yourself. And again. Look in the mirror
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Now **** off, *******.

He didn't say "short"...
Glad to you know my dick is on your mind. Thanks, but I don't swing that way.
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Now **** off, *******.

He didn't say "short"...
So the guy that wants people grow up, wants to compare dick size? No thanks. Sounds like you're the one that needs to grow up JR.
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

Opinion: Liz Cheney: The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us
May 5, 2021 at 4:05 p.m. CDT
Liz Cheney, a Republican, represents Wyoming's at-large congressional district in the U.S. House.
In public statements again this week, former president Donald Trump has repeated his claims that the 2020 election was a fraud and was stolen. His message: I am still the rightful president, and President Biden is illegitimate. Trump repeats these words now with full knowledge that exactly this type of language provoked violence on Jan. 6. And, as the Justice Department and multiple federal judges have suggested, there is good reason to believe that Trump's language can provoke violence again. Trump is seeking to unravel critical elements of our constitutional structure that make democracy work confidence in the result of elections and the rule of law. No other American president has ever done this.
The Republican Party is at a turning point, and Republicans must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution. In the immediate wake of the violence of Jan. 6, almost all of us knew the gravity and the cause of what had just happened we had witnessed it firsthand.

House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) left no doubt in his public remarks. On the floor of the House on Jan. 13, McCarthy said: "The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding." Now, McCarthy has changed his story.
I am a conservative Republican, and the most conservative of conservative values is reverence for the rule of law. Each of us swears an oath before God to uphold our Constitution. The electoral college has spoken. More than 60 state and federal courts, including multiple Trump-appointed judges, have rejected the former president's arguments, and refused to overturn election results. That is the rule of law; that is our constitutional system for resolving claims of election fraud.
The question before us now is whether we will join Trump's crusade to delegitimize and undo the legal outcome of the 2020 election, with all the consequences that might have. I have worked overseas in nations where changes in leadership come only with violence, where democracy takes hold only until the next violent upheaval. America is exceptional because our constitutional system guards against that. At the heart of our republic is a commitment to the peaceful transfer of power among political rivals in accordance with law. President Ronald Reagan described this as our American "miracle."
While embracing or ignoring Trump's statements might seem attractive to some for fundraising and political purposes, that approach will do profound long-term damage to our party and our country. Trump has never expressed remorse or regret for the attack of Jan. 6 and now suggests that our elections, and our legal and constitutional system, cannot be trusted to do the will of the people. This is immensely harmful, especially as we now compete on the world stage against Communist China and its claims that democracy is a failed system.
For Republicans, the path forward is clear.
First, support the ongoing Justice Department criminal investigations of the Jan. 6 attack. Those investigations must be comprehensive and objective; neither the White House nor any member of Congress should interfere.
Second, we must support a parallel bipartisan review by a commission with subpoena power to seek and find facts; it will describe for all Americans what happened. This is critical to defeat the misinformation and nonsense circulating in the press and on social media. No currently serving member of Congress with an eye to the upcoming election cycle should participate. We should appoint former officials, members of the judiciary and other prominent Americans who can be objective, just as we did after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. The commission should be focused on the Jan. 6 attacks. The Black Lives Matter and antifa violence of last summer was illegal and reprehensible, but it is a different problem with a different solution.
Finally, we Republicans need to stand for genuinely conservative principles, and steer away from the dangerous and anti-democratic Trump cult of personality. In our hearts, we are devoted to the American miracle. We believe in the rule of law, in limited government, in a strong national defense, and in prosperity and opportunity brought by low taxes and fiscally conservative policies.
There is much at stake now, including the ridiculous wokeness of our political rivals, the irrational policies at the border and runaway spending that threatens a return to the catastrophic inflation of the 1970s. Reagan formed a broad coalition from across the political spectrum to return America to sanity, and we need to do the same now. We know how. But this will not happen if Republicans choose to abandon the rule of law and join Trump's crusade to undermine the foundation of our democracy and reverse the legal outcome of the last election.
History is watching. Our children are watching. We must be brave enough to defend the basic principles that underpin and protect our freedom and our democratic process. I am committed to doing that, no matter what the short-term political consequences might be.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/05/liz-cheney-republican-party-turning-point/

When Rep. Andrew Clyde ran into Michael Fanone, who was beaten by rioters on Jan. 6, he wouldn't shake his hand, according to two other congressmen.
Waco1947
whiterock
Florda_mike
whiterock said:

quash
Johnny Rotten fan are ya?
Oldbear83
quash said:

Ducking the point again, I see.
J.R.
Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Now **** off, *******.

He didn't say "short"...
So the guy that wants people grow up, wants to compare dick size? No thanks. Sounds like you're the one that needs to grow up JR.
no-one said anything about anyone's just, but you. You are indeed Juvenile most everything you spew here.
J.R.
John Lydon fan here. Been a fan since the Pistols go it up and running. Yes, that ages me.
quash
Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

No. I didn't make a point, and nobody addressed anything to me for me to duck.

Get a new gig.
quash
J.R. said:

Been a fan since the Pistols got it up and running.

Rawhide's gonna make that about him again...
bear2be2
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Get a new gig.
And for that matter, what was the point, other than the fact that John Lydon may have switched party affiliations?

Are we supposed to care now about celebrities' politics ... or is that only when they align with ours? I can't keep this all straight.

As someone who finds the hard left and right unpalatable, this is all so exhausting.
quash
bear2be2 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Get a new gig.
And for that matter, what was the point, other than the fact that John Lydon may have switched party affiliations?

Are we supposed to care now about celebrity's politics ... or is that only when they align with ours? I can't keep this all straight.

As someone who finds the hard left and right unpalatable, this is all so exhausting.

Lydon didn't even switch parties, he was just intellectually honest.
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

Now **** off, *******.

He didn't say "short"...
no-one said anything about anyone's just, but you. You are indeed Juvenile most everything you spew here.
Right back at you, junior.

Funny that you don't see your own juvenile behavior
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

J.R. said:

and squish is going to try and change the subject again
Oldbear83
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Get a new gig.
The meme had a point. You observed the meme, but ducked the point.

Which is all you do, these days.
Sam Lowry
quash said:

bear2be2 said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

quash said:

Get a new gig.

Are we supposed to care now about celebrity's politics ... or is that only when they align with ours? I can't keep this all straight.

Lydon didn't even switch parties, he was just intellectually honest.

You gotta love Steve Jones these days, with the pencil mustache and the cravat:

J.R.
quash said:

J.R. said:

yes he will!
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Liz Cheney, a Republican, represents Wyoming's at-large congressional district in the U.S. House.
In public statements again this week, former president Donald Trump has repeated his claims that the 2020 election was a fraud and was stolen. His message: I am still the rightful president, and President Biden is illegitimate. Trump repeats these words now with full knowledge that exactly this type of language provoked violence on Jan. 6. And, as the Justice Department and multiple federal judges have suggested, there is good reason to believe that Trump's language can provoke violence again. Trump is seeking to unravel critical elements of our constitutional structure that make democracy work confidence in the result of elections and the rule of law. No other American president has ever done this.
The Republican Party is at a turning point, and Republicans must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution. In the immediate wake of the violence of Jan. 6, almost all of us knew the gravity and the cause of what had just happened we had witnessed it firsthand.

House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy (Calif.) left no doubt in his public remarks. On the floor of the House on Jan. 13, McCarthy said: "The president bears responsibility for Wednesday's attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding." Now, McCarthy has changed his story.
I am a conservative Republican, and the most conservative of conservative values is reverence for the rule of law. Each of us swears an oath before God to uphold our Constitution. The electoral college has spoken. More than 60 state and federal courts, including multiple Trump-appointed judges, have rejected the former president's arguments, and refused to overturn election results. That is the rule of law; that is our constitutional system for resolving claims of election fraud.
The question before us now is whether we will join Trump's crusade to delegitimize and undo the legal outcome of the 2020 election, with all the consequences that might have. I have worked overseas in nations where changes in leadership come only with violence, where democracy takes hold only until the next violent upheaval. America is exceptional because our constitutional system guards against that. At the heart of our republic is a commitment to the peaceful transfer of power among political rivals in accordance with law. President Ronald Reagan described this as our American "miracle."
While embracing or ignoring Trump's statements might seem attractive to some for fundraising and political purposes, that approach will do profound long-term damage to our party and our country. Trump has never expressed remorse or regret for the attack of Jan. 6 and now suggests that our elections, and our legal and constitutional system, cannot be trusted to do the will of the people. This is immensely harmful, especially as we now compete on the world stage against Communist China and its claims that democracy is a failed system.
First, support the ongoing Justice Department criminal investigations of the Jan. 6 attack. Those investigations must be comprehensive and objective; neither the White House nor any member of Congress should interfere.
Second, we must support a parallel bipartisan review by a commission with subpoena power to seek and find facts; it will describe for all Americans what happened. This is critical to defeat the misinformation and nonsense circulating in the press and on social media. No currently serving member of Congress with an eye to the upcoming election cycle should participate. We should appoint former officials, members of the judiciary and other prominent Americans who can be objective, just as we did after the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. The commission should be focused on the Jan. 6 attacks. The Black Lives Matter and antifa violence of last summer was illegal and reprehensible, but it is a different problem with a different solution.
Finally, we Republicans need to stand for genuinely conservative principles, and steer away from the dangerous and anti-democratic Trump cult of personality. In our hearts, we are devoted to the American miracle. We believe in the rule of law, in limited government, in a strong national defense, and in prosperity and opportunity brought by low taxes and fiscally conservative policies.
There is much at stake now, including the ridiculous wokeness of our political rivals, the irrational policies at the border and runaway spending that threatens a return to the catastrophic inflation of the 1970s. Reagan formed a broad coalition from across the political spectrum to return America to sanity, and we need to do the same now. We know how. But this will not happen if Republicans choose to abandon the rule of law and join Trump's crusade to undermine the foundation of our democracy and reverse the legal outcome of the last election.
History is watching. Our children are watching. We must be brave enough to defend the basic principles that underpin and protect our freedom and our democratic process. I am committed to doing that, no matter what the short-term political consequences might be.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/05/liz-cheney-republican-party-turning-point/

When Rep. Andrew Clyde ran into Michael Fanone, who was beaten by rioters on Jan. 6, he wouldn't shake his hand, according to two other congressmen.
Okay
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Okay
Another example of gop silliness
Waco1947
Osodecentx
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Waco1947 said:

Okay
Another example of gop silliness
Okay
Liz Cheney is a Republican

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.