Liz Cheney: The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us

57,516 Views | 1080 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wasn't clear. Liz Cheney stands contrast the silliness of the gop.
Waco1947
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Cheney and her ilk are wrong on a lot of things, but they're 100% right on this. This is completely unacceptable for anyone who claims to love the Constitution and the rule of law.

Adopting the rhetoric of your opponent doesn't impress anyone. It just emboldens your opponent and undermines your credibility among your natural allies.

The rhetoric of constitutionalism was not always unique to the left. It's the abandonment of our own principles that undermines our credibility.

A former president should not be undermining an election six months after the fact, especially not without evidence. It is obscene.

Agreed. The Obama/Clinton effort to undermine the validity of the 2016 was indeed despicable.
HuMcK
It was so childish and immature how Hillary refused to call and concede, and how Obama skipped the handoff and inauguration all together. Oh no wait, that was all Trump...
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Cheney and her ilk are wrong on a lot of things, but they're 100% right on this. This is completely unacceptable for anyone who claims to love the Constitution and the rule of law.

Adopting the rhetoric of your opponent doesn't impress anyone. It just emboldens your opponent and undermines your credibility among your natural allies.

The rhetoric of constitutionalism was not always unique to the left. It's the abandonment of our own principles that undermines our credibility.

A former president should not be undermining an election six months after the fact, especially not without evidence. It is obscene.

Agreed. The Obama/Clinton effort to undermine the validity of the 2016 was indeed despicable.
I agree. I remember when that statement actually meant something too. From a Republican, today, it's worth a puddle of piss.
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

It was so childish and immature how Hillary refused to call and concede, and how Obama skipped the handoff and inauguration all together. Oh no wait, that was all Trump...
You forget about the part about them pushing the russian collusion hoax that you have so brilliantly bought into. Hook, line and sinker
HuMcK
The best hoaxes are the ones supported by facts and evidence I guess...
Florda_mike
HuMcK said:

Tell me just 3 good things Biden has done so far?
Oldbear83
Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

1. Joe goes to bed early every night

2. Joe knows his betters, is always therefore respectful to Putin, Jinping, and Pelosi

3. Joe can name almost 80% of his cabinet members
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
HuMcK
Here's items 1 and 2, reparing Atlantic Alliances and building a coalition to counter China.
Oldbear83
That's some weak kool-aid.
HuMcK
Well the last guy set the bar down in "worst POTUS ever" territory, so even the stuff we used to take for granted is an improvement.
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Well the last guy set the bar down in "worst POTUS ever" territory, so even the stuff we used to take for granted is an improvement.
No one familiar with the Buchanan, Harding, LBJ or Andrew Johnson administrations would claim that Trump was "worst ever" in any important category.
TexasScientist
Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

No one familiar with the Buchanan, Harding, LBJ or Andrew Johnson administrations would claim that Trump was "worst ever" in any important category.
I think he said Trump was down in the worst ever territory. It's not exclusive.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
Oldbear83
TexasScientist said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

I think he said Trump was down in the worst ever territory. It's not exclusive.
He is still wrong.
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

Yep, and a 3 year investigation found dick. Just enough dick for you
Whiskey Pete
Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

According to my half black niece who, according to some of our resident idiots, is too oppressed to accomplish anything, who is in college (not Baylor) and enrolled in their engineering program, said to me on Saturday when she was over out our house (she didn't get pulled over for driving while black, so she was on time for lunch), said the one good thing she can say about Biden (she's a conservative and Trump supporter), is that because he made Juneteenth a holiday, she didn't have class on Friday and that saved her bacon for the physics test she was going to fail... not fail it because she's black, but because she wasn't prepared.

She did text us when she did get home from our house... she actually did get pulled over for running a stop sign after she left. Since the sign just got installed less than 2 weeks ago, the white cop just gave her a warning and told her that she had a low tire.

I'm sending her a text now to find out if she passed the test today.

So, according to her.... that's the one good thing Biden did.
Waco1947
Rawhide said:

Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

According to my half black niece who, according to some of our resident idiots, is too oppressed to accomplish anything, who is in college (not Baylor) and enrolled in their engineering program, said to me on Saturday when she was over out our house (she didn't get pulled over for driving while black, so she was on time for lunch), said the one good thing she can say about Biden (she's a conservative and Trump supporter), is that because he made Juneteenth a holiday, she didn't have class on Friday and that saved her bacon for the physics test she was going to fail... not fail it because she's black, but because she wasn't prepared.

She did text us when she did get home from our house... she actually did get pulled over for running a stop sign after she left. Since the sign just got installed less than 2 weeks ago, the white cop just gave her a warning and told her that she had a low tire.

A lone example is not an argument for a larger sample.
Waco1947
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Florda_mike said:

HuMcK said:

A lone example is not an argument for a larger sample.
A lone example of what? A non-oppressed successful black person?

Look around Moe, there are successful black people all over the country.

You must have a real sense of superiority due to your skin color to believe that black people can't get ahead without whitey's help.
Waco1947
Straw man. Not what I said
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

There's been some new developments in that arena.

What the hell is John Durham doing?
BearFan33
Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Writing a book?
whiterock
HuMcK said:

whiterock
BearFan33 said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Writing a book?
The Russia Hoax makes Watergate look like a t-ball game. I knew that Dossier wasn't intelligence the first time it was reported. So did the FBI.
Doc Holliday
whiterock said:

BearFan33 said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Writing a book?
The Russia Hoax makes Watergate look like a t-ball game. I knew that Dossier wasn't intelligence the first time it was reported. So did the FBI.
So did congress and the senate.

They're going to get away with it aren't they?
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

BearFan33 said:

Doc Holliday said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Writing a book?
So did congress and the senate.

They're going to get away with it aren't they?

Of course because they're all in on it, well 90% of em

Plus they all have something on each other or they wouldn't even be there. Most all are in on election fraud because they were compromised before ever elected. That's what qualifies them to be there, judges included

So, are they going to get away with it? They're judge, jury and executioner! Of course they'll get away with it, criminals all of em in a separate sovereign area from United States that has whatever laws they want, called a District .... of .... Columbia or whatever they want to call the Sin City
Oldbear83
be right back, gonna buy some Reynolds Wrap stock ...
J.R.
Rawhide said:

HuMcK said:

You seem to have a real fascination with the word "dick". How old are you?
Whiskey Pete
J.R. said:

Rawhide said:

HuMcK said:

You seem to have a real fascination with the word "dick". How old are you?
You seem to have a real fascination with acting like one. It's odd that you seem to gravitate to any post that has the word dick.... is this your way of coming out of the closet? Don't fret, you'll be a hero among transgenders.
whiterock
HuMcK
Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oh well would you look at that, a survey of historians puts your guy in the bottom 4. Who could have predicted...
https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurvey2021/?page=overall
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Oh well would you look at that, a survey of historians puts your guy in the bottom 4. Who could have predicted...
Well, lookey here... Mueller finds no proof of Russian collusion by Trump:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/mueller-report-conclusions-trump-congress-attorney-general-william-barr-n986611
Oldbear83
HuMcK said:

Oldbear83 said:

HuMcK said:

Given the bias among modern "historians", no shock at all.

Woke = Bigoted

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.