Liz Cheney: The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us

57,467 Views | 1080 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe there are about 100 prominent traditional Republicans (meaning Reagan/Bush type Republicans) such as Tom Ridge, Christine Whitman etc. who are discussing forming a new party. I realize this will be celebrated here on Sicem's dark web board, but this is not good for the red party.
Mothra
PartyBear said:

I believe there are about 100 prominent traditional Republicans (meaning Reagan/Bush type Republicans) such as Tom Ridge, Christine Whitman etc. who are discussing forming a new party. I realize this will be celebrated here on Sicem's dark web board, but this is not good for the red party.
I have a hard time believing they would be so stupid as to think that a fractured GOP has any chance in hell of ever winning another presidential election, unless of course that's not the goal (which it may not be).
Canon
Guy Noir said:

Canon said:

Guy Noir said:

Canon said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sorry pal, find a mirror if you want to see "deflection". Cheney brought her trouble on herself, and deserved it all.

Give it a rest about Trump, we have real work to do and you only bray like an ass trying to bring up "Trump! Trump!" like this.
Are you stating that you believe Trumps action on Jan 6, 2021 was justified?

What were Trump's actions on Jan 6? Be specific, please. Are you referring to explicit calls to peacefully protest or are you choosing to ignore those?
Trump encouraged protesting (on video). Meanwhile his extreme supporters protested and then stormed the capital building while the Senate was counting and confirming the electoral votes.
  • Trump was slow to respond to discourage storming the Capital Building.
  • Trump had claimed that the election had been stolen. The issue had been processed through the courts in a number of cases but there was not enough evidence to prove this had happened.
  • The Capital Building had not been secured to the level needed to prevent the threat.
  • This was a critical time in the peaceful transfer of power process. Trump was negligent in keeping this process secure.

So Trump did nothing wrong. He just had peaceful political opinions with which you disagree. Got it.
I do not think Trump explicitly broke the law, but his failure to protect the election process was a valid reason to lose his job as President.

He expressed opinions with which you disagreed. Got it.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

Trump continues to hold your full attention, I see.

There's more going on the world, you know ...
Because he holds the full attention of the GOP.
Nope, only the ones who respect what he did, and of course malignant haters like yourself.
So, what do you think today was about? Cheney was expelled for speaking the truth about Trump. It wasn't because she wasn't conservative. If Trump isn't the object of their attention, then how do you explain her expulsion?
No, this was not about "truth". This was about Cheney making an ass of herself.

Trump is gone, and so there is no reason to go on and on about him, for or against.

Stop pretending Cheney is anything other than a self-serving ass who abused her position for personal gain.

It seems you're deflecting. Cheney was merely saying the same thing that McCarthy said after the insurrection. If the rest of the GOP acknowledged the truth, then she wouldn't appear to be an ass. What prompted her to make the statement was that Trump keeps pushing the lie and her fellow reps refuse to call him on it.

And if that's all it was about, why did they have to do a hurried voice vote out of the public eye down in the basement?

Trump is not gone. The vast majority of the GOP still has fealty for him. I'm already seeing bumper stickers that say "Trump 2024: The Revenge Tour."

They're still calling him leader of the party. He's still pushing the big lie. He's all but said he'll run in 2024, even talking about DeSantis as a running mate. He may have too much legal and financial baggage to run a campaign, much less win the nomination. But one thing is certain. Whatever happens will be someone else's fault. He'll milk the rubes as long as he can, and if he can't win, he'll tell them he was stabbed in the back yet again. Cheney's colleagues think they can avoid all this if they just pretend. She knows better.
I voted for Trump twice but hopefully will not have to vote for him again. If someone other than Harris/ Biden is on the Democratic Party ticket, I would give them serious consideration. Harris/ Trump are well on their way to sending this country into Great Deppression 2.0 and if that happens, Trump may have a chance. I hope that doesn't happen and we have better options in 2024. We need someone younger to lead our country (Harris is not a leader).
What do you mean, "hopefully?" You told me a few weeks ago you would not vote for him again. I begged to differ. Giving up so soon?
If we are in the middle of Great Depression 2.0 with a third of the nation in poverty, and Biden and/ or Harris up for reelection, I will vote for him. Do you think Donald Trump is the best person to lead our country in 2024? I don't, but hopefully 2024 won't be our third election in a row voting for the lesser of two evils.

What exactly am I giving up on? As far as I can tell, we are on the same side.
We are pretty much on the same side when it comes to goals. But you have to work under the rule of law, or you'll end up with nothing to show for it. Follow the "lesser evils" path to its conclusion, and you're caught between the Devil and Beelzebub.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7515521-william-roper-so-now-you-give-the-devil-the-benefit

And in the process, you get legislation and policy that is the antithesis of your conservative beliefs.

Good call.
We've always had that from time to time. I hate to bear bad news, but we live in a divided country. Trump gave us a lot of good judges and policies to work with going forward. We don't need a demented dictator in addition.
So because we've always had that from time to time, no big deal it's getting instituted now.

Gotcha. That says all one needs to know about your politics.
It says I can tolerate a loss without trashing democracy. That didn't used to be a political statement.
Guy Noir
Canon said:

Guy Noir said:

Canon said:

Guy Noir said:

Canon said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sorry pal, find a mirror if you want to see "deflection". Cheney brought her trouble on herself, and deserved it all.

Give it a rest about Trump, we have real work to do and you only bray like an ass trying to bring up "Trump! Trump!" like this.

What were Trump's actions on Jan 6? Be specific, please. Are you referring to explicit calls to peacefully protest or are you choosing to ignore those?
Trump encouraged protesting (on video). Meanwhile his extreme supporters protested and then stormed the capital building while the Senate was counting and confirming the electoral votes.
  • Trump had claimed that the election had been stolen. The issue had been processed through the courts in a number of cases but there was not enough evidence to prove this had happened.
  • The Capital Building had not been secured to the level needed to prevent the threat.
  • This was a critical time in the peaceful transfer of power process. Trump was negligent in keeping this process secure.

So Trump did nothing wrong. He just had peaceful political opinions with which you disagree. Got it.
I do not think Trump explicitly broke the law, but his failure to protect the election process was a valid reason to lose his job as President.

He expressed opinions with which you disagreed. Got it.
Not exactly, it isn't opinions that I disagree. It was his actions and failure to act responsibly that I disagree.
Please remember the President is responsible for the execution (or operation) of the federal government.
Oldbear83
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

Nope, only the ones who respect what he did, and of course malignant haters like yourself.
So, what do you think today was about? Cheney was expelled for speaking the truth about Trump. It wasn't because she wasn't conservative. If Trump isn't the object of their attention, then how do you explain her expulsion?

Trump is gone, and so there is no reason to go on and on about him, for or against.

Stop pretending Cheney is anything other than a self-serving ass who abused her position for personal gain.

Personal gain of what?
In her case, like Mitt "Me First" Romney, the illusion that her antics would win her support in the party.
Okay, so when you say personal gain you mean political gain. Do you really think she failed to anticipate this result? And how is telling the truth an abuse of her position?
She was not "telling the truth", she was throwing a tantrum

Not a good plan, as it turned out.
You keep saying she was not telling the truth, but you are incorrect. I realize you do not like Ms. Cheney, but you are not showing any respect or objectivity to the judgement that she has made.
I get it, you hate Trump so any attack on him pleases you.

But the way Ms Cheney chose to , hmm, express her version of "truth" did not serve her constituents or her party.

I owe no respect to Ms Cheney, any more than you owe it to Mr. Trump.
you are truly the dumbest poster on this site. Truly unbelievable.
All you have is insults and empty braying. A mature adult would work on that, but not you.
and you come with ridiculous opinions not based on facts. Who would respect that non-sense?
Actually, someone who comes here to read different opinions - and mine are based on facts - would respect the discussion. You, J.R., cannot manage to be courteous to anyone more than 2 degrees from your bigoted opinions. And that just makes your posts look infantile. And to be clear, it's your behavior I am calling infantile, not you personally.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

So, what do you think today was about? %A0Cheney was expelled for speaking the truth about Trump. %A0It wasn't because she wasn't conservative. %A0If Trump isn't the object of their attention, then how do you explain her expulsion?
No, this was not about "truth". %A0This was about Cheney making an ass of herself.

It seems you're deflecting. %A0Cheney was merely saying the same thing that McCarthy said after the insurrection. %A0If the rest of the GOP acknowledged the truth, then she wouldn't appear to be an ass. %A0What prompted her to make the statement was that Trump keeps pushing the lie and her fellow reps refuse to call him on it. %A0

And if that's all it was about, why did they have to do a hurried voice vote out of the public eye down in the basement? %A0

Trump is not gone. %A0The vast majority of the GOP still has fealty for him. %A0I'm already seeing bumper stickers that say "Trump 2024: The Revenge Tour." %A0

They're still calling him leader of the party. He's still pushing the big lie. He's all but said he'll run in 2024, even talking about DeSantis as a running mate. He may have too much legal and financial baggage to run a campaign, much less win the nomination. But one thing is certain. Whatever happens will be someone else's fault. He'll milk the rubes as long as he can, and if he can't win, he'll tell them he was stabbed in the back yet again. Cheney's colleagues think they can avoid all this if they just pretend. She knows better.
I voted for Trump twice but hopefully will not have to vote for him again. %A0If someone other than Harris/ Biden is on the Democratic Party ticket, I would give them serious consideration. %A0Harris/ Trump are well on their way to sending this country into Great Deppression 2.0 and if that happens, Trump may have a chance. %A0 I hope that doesn't happen and we have better options in 2024. %A0We need someone younger to lead our country (Harris is not a leader).
What do you mean, "hopefully?" You told me a few weeks ago you would not vote for him again. I begged to differ. Giving up so soon?
If we are in the middle of Great Depression 2.0 with a third of the nation in poverty, and Biden and/ or Harris up for reelection, I will vote for him. %A0Do you think Donald Trump is the best person to lead our country in 2024? %A0 I don't, but hopefully 2024 won't be our third election in a row voting for the lesser of two evils.

What exactly am I giving up on? %A0As far as I can tell, we are on the same side. %A0
We are pretty much on the same side when it comes to goals. But you have to work under the rule of law, or you'll end up with nothing to show for it. Follow the "lesser evils" path to its conclusion, and you're caught between the Devil and Beelzebub.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/7515521-william-roper-so-now-you-give-the-devil-the-benefit

And in the process, you get legislation and policy that is the antithesis of your conservative beliefs.

Good call.
We've always had that from time to time. I hate to bear bad news, but we live in a divided country. Trump gave us a lot of good judges and policies to work with going forward. We don't need a demented dictator in addition.
So because we've always had that from time to time, no big deal it's getting instituted now. %A0

Gotcha. %A0That says all one needs to know about your politics.
It says I can tolerate a loss without trashing democracy. That didn't used to be a political statement.
That's a nice little melodramatic soundbite and all, but the fact is you made your choice before Jan. 6th.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

So, what do you think today was about? %A0Cheney was expelled for speaking the truth about Trump. %A0It wasn't because she wasn't conservative. %A0If Trump isn't the object of their attention, then how do you explain her expulsion?
No, this was not about "truth". %A0This was about Cheney making an ass of herself.

It seems you're deflecting. %A0Cheney was merely saying the same thing that McCarthy said after the insurrection. %A0If the rest of the GOP acknowledged the truth, then she wouldn't appear to be an ass. %A0What prompted her to make the statement was that Trump keeps pushing the lie and her fellow reps refuse to call him on it. %A0

And if that's all it was about, why did they have to do a hurried voice vote out of the public eye down in the basement? %A0

Trump is not gone. %A0The vast majority of the GOP still has fealty for him. %A0I'm already seeing bumper stickers that say "Trump 2024: The Revenge Tour." %A0

I voted for Trump twice but hopefully will not have to vote for him again. %A0If someone other than Harris/ Biden is on the Democratic Party ticket, I would give them serious consideration. %A0Harris/ Trump are well on their way to sending this country into Great Deppression 2.0 and if that happens, Trump may have a chance. %A0 I hope that doesn't happen and we have better options in 2024. %A0We need someone younger to lead our country (Harris is not a leader).
If we are in the middle of Great Depression 2.0 with a third of the nation in poverty, and Biden and/ or Harris up for reelection, I will vote for him. %A0Do you think Donald Trump is the best person to lead our country in 2024? %A0 I don't, but hopefully 2024 won't be our third election in a row voting for the lesser of two evils.

What exactly am I giving up on? %A0As far as I can tell, we are on the same side. %A0

Good call.
So because we've always had that from time to time, no big deal it's getting instituted now. %A0

Gotcha. %A0That says all one needs to know about your politics.
That's a nice little melodramatic soundbite and all, but the fact is you made your choice before Jan. 6th.
I was questioning Trump's stability before Jan. 6, too. We all should have been.
Ghostrider
quash
Ghostrider said:

Mothra said:

Dnicknames said:

Mothra said:

Dnicknames said:

My party has lost its way.

We've abandoned governing, now only interested in the pursuit of power and the cult of personality.

By removing Liz Cheney, we chose Trump and unproven conspiracies over American democracy and our Constitution. Shame. In my opinion, it's a sad day for America, regardless of party affiliation.
Your party? Just curious, which candidates did you vote for in the last couple of election cycles?

Last 20 years? Bush - Bush - McCain - Romney - Trump (huge mistake) - Biden

I haven't spoken to Kevin McCarthy in a few years, but I still remember him as the guy who behind closed doors told Republicans on a hot mike "i think Putin pays Trump. Swear to God - no joke." I've heard him say much worse off mike.

Fast forward a few years, and today McCarthy was Trump's enforcer. It's nutts, and the only thing that makes sense to me is a personality cult.

Today's actions just baffle me. I'm genuinely puzzled.
So as a "Republican," you prefer the leftist policies of the last 90 days to Trump and his mean tweets?

We will see if you and other Never Trumpers are singing that tune when inflation spirals out of control and the economy tanks.

The orange guy broke these people. His policies were excellent. The people with TDS can't deny this. It's because Trump said mean things that they dislike him.
For the umpteenth time: there were solid policy reasons to oppose the last administration. No feels involved.

MAGAists, OTOH...
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Waco1947
Sam Lowry said:

BearFan33 said:

J.R. said:

BearFan33 said:

J.R. said:

This issue is really, really simple. Ms. Cheney simply stood up for the truth which is Trump incited the insurrection and needed to be impeached in her opinion. She also has stood up for the TRUTH relative to the election was NOT stolen. Trump lost, but he continues to perpetuate THE LIE. The Republican Paryt of which I used to belong (now Independent) is nothing more than the party of Trump. If you are a Republican and refuse to perpetuate THE LIE, Trump will try to "primary you". Unfortunately, the majority of the Republican/Trump Party are gutless, cowardly people that are scared of Trump and are too concerned about being Trump turning on them and they won't get reelected so the cower in the corner and will not tell the truth and do what is right, save a couple...Romney, Kiinsinger ect. I give Ms Cheney credit for doing what is right and taking on that ****ing Bully. Just watch the pathetic flip flops from spineless Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy. Just pathetic. I cannot believe that these grown ass adults let Trumps control them. Just sad. Again, Trump lost.....presidency, senate, and congress. What more do ya'll Trumpers not understand.

The big lie is your truth and may or not be the truth. The media tells lies regularly and spins everything. I'm sure your truth was also Russia collusion. If you spent any time listening or watching the ga hearings regarding the election, you may have doubts yourself.
So....You think Trump really won the election and it was stolen? Please answer directly.

I think Trump won GA if the election was done fairly. I watched and listened to the hearings, the testimonies and the presentation of the evidence. Did you? Or did you take msnbc's interpretations as gospel? I can't be sure about the other states. I didn't have time to do research.

Question for you. Do you believe trump collided with Russia? Please answer directly.

I'm glad Cheney is out of leadership. As I said before she can stay in the Congress if her constituents want her (they don't). She is a pearl clutching moron who would rather virtue signal and make it all about her than do anything productive against a party that seems hell bent on destroying the country.
The televised hearings which weren't under oath, with evidence they never offered in court?
"Fairly?" Where is your proof? Affidavits are simply assertions until judged by courts and None were found legitimate.
Porteroso
Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

I have a hard time believing they would be so stupid as to think that a fractured GOP has any chance in hell of ever winning another presidential election, unless of course that's not the goal (which it may not be).

They probably realize exactly what I said. They don't want to swear fealty to a wannabe dictator, because they believe in America. They, and anyone sane, cannot reconcile American ideals with Trump's desire to be dictator, and 30% of the GOP hard-line supporting that.

The GOP can survive with a major rebranding, one that toes the line of "let's get back to our roots" without exicitly condemning Trumpers. Short of that, it will splinter. And I'm not sure all Repubs want to toe that line. Repubs with a conscience have a big problem with wannabe dictators.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

I was questioning Trump's stability before Jan. 6, too. We all should have been.
Well Sam, I am questioning yours now after that statement.
Sam Lowry
Waco1947 said:

Sam Lowry said:

BearFan33 said:

J.R. said:

BearFan33 said:

J.R. said:

This issue is really, really simple. Ms. Cheney simply stood up for the truth which is Trump incited the insurrection and needed to be impeached in her opinion. She also has stood up for the TRUTH relative to the election was NOT stolen. Trump lost, but he continues to perpetuate THE LIE. The Republican Paryt of which I used to belong (now Independent) is nothing more than the party of Trump. If you are a Republican and refuse to perpetuate THE LIE, Trump will try to "primary you". Unfortunately, the majority of the Republican/Trump Party are gutless, cowardly people that are scared of Trump and are too concerned about being Trump turning on them and they won't get reelected so the cower in the corner and will not tell the truth and do what is right, save a couple...Romney, Kiinsinger ect. I give Ms Cheney credit for doing what is right and taking on that ****ing Bully. Just watch the pathetic flip flops from spineless Lindsey Graham and Kevin McCarthy. Just pathetic. I cannot believe that these grown ass adults let Trumps control them. Just sad. Again, Trump lost.....presidency, senate, and congress. What more do ya'll Trumpers not understand.

The big lie is your truth and may or not be the truth. The media tells lies regularly and spins everything. I'm sure your truth was also Russia collusion. If you spent any time listening or watching the ga hearings regarding the election, you may have doubts yourself.
So....You think Trump really won the election and it was stolen? Please answer directly.

I think Trump won GA if the election was done fairly. I watched and listened to the hearings, the testimonies and the presentation of the evidence. Did you? Or did you take msnbc's interpretations as gospel? I can't be sure about the other states. I didn't have time to do research.

Question for you. Do you believe trump collided with Russia? Please answer directly.

I'm glad Cheney is out of leadership. As I said before she can stay in the Congress if her constituents want her (they don't). She is a pearl clutching moron who would rather virtue signal and make it all about her than do anything productive against a party that seems hell bent on destroying the country.
The televised hearings which weren't under oath, with evidence they never offered in court?
"Fairly?" Where is your proof? Affidavits are simply assertions until judged by courts and None were found legitimate.
Congratulations on mastering the quote button! Now you just need to make sure you quote the right person.
Mothra
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

They probably realize exactly what I said. They don't want to swear fealty to a wannabe dictator, because they believe in America. They, and anyone sane, cannot reconcile American ideals with Trump's desire to be dictator, and 30% of the GOP hard-line supporting that.

The GOP can survive with a major rebranding, one that toes the line of "let's get back to our roots" without exicitly condemning Trumpers. Short of that, it will splinter. And I'm not sure all Repubs want to toe that line. Repubs with a conscience have a big problem with wannabe dictators.
I am not sure a GOP that gained seats in the House and is 50/50 in the Senate needs a rebrand, though that is certainly the Democrat and MSM talking point. I am sure we will continue to hear these dire predictions from lefties until the midterms, chalk full of rhetoric which calls Trump a "dictator" and questions the patriotism of anyone who could have supported him, which is of course not only ridiculous, but designed to damage the GOP.

But I suspect when Biden continues to ruin the economy with his policies, and the GOP takes back Congress in the mid-terms, those types of comments will die down. Sure, the extremists at CNN and MSNBC who suffered from Trump Derangement Syndrome will probably still carry that mantra past the midterms, but most people with any common sense will let it go.
Porteroso
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

PartyBear said:

I am not sure a GOP that gained seats in the House and is 50/50 in the Senate needs a rebrand, though that is certainly the Democrat and MSM talking point. I am sure we will continue to hear these dire predictions from lefties until the midterms, chalk full of rhetoric which calls Trump a "dictator" and questions the patriotism of anyone who could have supported him, which is of course not only ridiculous, but designed to damage the GOP.

But I suspect when Biden continues to ruin the economy with his policies, and the GOP takes back Congress in the mid-terms, those types of comments will die down. Sure, the extremists at CNN and MSNBC who suffered from Trump Derangement Syndrome will probably still carry that mantra past the midterms, but most people with any common sense will let it go.

I agree that anyone with sense let's Trump go, but 30% of the GOP will likely support him next cycle, if he runs, which imo he will, just to take their money.

That 30% does clearly lack sense, and the GOP cannot survive unless that group lets Trump go as well.
curtpenn
Guy Noir said:

Ghostrider said:

Mothra said:

Dnicknames said:

Mothra said:

Dnicknames said:

My party has lost its way.

We've abandoned governing, now only interested in the pursuit of power and the cult of personality.

By removing Liz Cheney, we chose Trump and unproven conspiracies over American democracy and our Constitution. Shame. In my opinion, it's a sad day for America, regardless of party affiliation.
Your party? Just curious, which candidates did you vote for in the last couple of election cycles?

Last 20 years? Bush - Bush - McCain - Romney - Trump (huge mistake) - Biden

I haven't spoken to Kevin McCarthy in a few years, but I still remember him as the guy who behind closed doors told Republicans on a hot mike "i think Putin pays Trump. Swear to God - no joke." I've heard him say much worse off mike.

Fast forward a few years, and today McCarthy was Trump's enforcer. It's nutts, and the only thing that makes sense to me is a personality cult.

Today's actions just baffle me. I'm genuinely puzzled.
So as a "Republican," you prefer the leftist policies of the last 90 days to Trump and his mean tweets?

We will see if you and other Never Trumpers are singing that tune when inflation spirals out of control and the economy tanks.

The orange guy broke these people. His policies were excellent. The people with TDS can't deny this. It's because Trump said mean things that they dislike him.
Trump said some stupid things too. There were quite a few inaccurate statements about Covid and possible treatments.
Well, there you go. Such a refreshing change now in the White House. President Pudding Brain is the very wellspring of wisdom.
curtpenn
J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Everything you say is a lie.
Really? Please refute with facts, son.

You're not worth the effort and it wouldn't change your worthless opinions. Why bother?
because you are a blowhard who doesn't deal in facts. You said my post was all lies. I ask you to refute, and we get deflection from you and your ilk. Here are some facts that I will give you the opportunity to refute, once again.....You can blame Biden and his polices that will one enacted direction on Trump. Trump lost the Presidency, Senate and House. He could have saved the house, hence blocked Dem policies if he didn't **** up Georgia. He's and idiot. Instead of righting the ship, he has blown up the GOP (my former party).
Look in the mirror for the blowhard-in-chief. "You can blame Biden and his polices that will one enacted direction on Trump." What does that even mean? The worthless Bush/Cheney/Romney/McCain 1%-type Republicans gave us Trump. Had they done a halfway decent job, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
curtpenn
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

Personal gain of what?
In her case, like Mitt "Me First" Romney, the illusion that her antics would win her support in the party.
Okay, so when you say personal gain you mean political gain. Do you really think she failed to anticipate this result? And how is telling the truth an abuse of her position?

You keep saying she was not telling the truth, but you are incorrect. I realize you do not like Ms. Cheney, but you are not showing any respect or objectivity to the judgement that she has made.

But the way Ms Cheney chose to , hmm, express her version of "truth" did not serve her constituents or her party.

...Said the voice of reason. Sure.
curtpenn
Guy Noir said:

Canon said:

Guy Noir said:

Canon said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

How can you put "the process" ahead of the alternative - regressives and their drive to render us all neo-serfs? You don't have to like anything at all about him to understand that the Democrats are infinitely worse and will destroy our republic.
curtpenn
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

Personal gain of what?

All you have is insults and empty braying. A mature adult would work on that, but not you.
and you come with ridiculous opinions not based on facts. Who would respect that non-sense?
Your "facts" are seldom based on truth; your posts are full of false premises producing questionable conclusions. Who would respect that "non-sense"?
bear2be2
Florda_mike said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam: "It's not only about getting what you want. It's about the health of the republic. Some of you have lost all sense of this."

if you really believe that, then you should support things like the vote audit going on in Arizona.

Answer the questions, put the doubts to rest.

To be clear, Joe Biden won the election once the states certified their results and the Electoral College also certified the tallies. That's the law, and no question.

But it's undeniable that Democrats did everything they could to sell Vote by Mail, with less security than any vote in the last century, changed laws in the months immediately preceding the election, in several cases in violation of the state's constitution, and there is a hell of a lot of suspicious behavior about votes which just happened to turn up in the middle of the night in certain towns where Democrats held control of the voting counts.

Trump was an idiot in how he handed a lot of things in 2020, but there are reasons to demand a serious audit into what happened.

This is the third audit of Maricopa County. The first two done by professionals, this one conducted by nitwits. Georgia recounted twice, looking at every ballot by hand. Course were available in about 60 cases filed by Trump and associates and they could not produce any proof. Sydney Powell promised for weeks on end that she had jaw dropping evidence that would blow it all open, now she just hides.

The election "contest" is a carnival freak show. But t keeps rubes entertained.
What are your political goals?

Why do you vote for Democrats?
Two weeks ago I answered that exact question for you with a well-tough out post. I am not going to do it again just so you can deflect.

My "political goal" in this thread is to say that American democracy is a system that works and worked in the 2020 election. As opposed to those who want to tear down the very things that make us great..
So, tell us big guy, did democracy work in the 2016 election or was it rigged by Russia and Trump?
It worked in 2016 and 2020.

Did you have the same opprobrium for your Democrat friends and their incessant claims of stolen elections (both US and states like Georgia) over the last 4 years?

I'll rely on your honesty here, but I suspect you were quite silent on the matter until it affected the legitimacy of your preferred Democrat candidate.
Yes, when Hillary whined. Also when Trump whined and incited a riot.

I sent money to the Republican senate candidates for the run-off, the run off that Trump cost us.

Just an aside, but I do have Democrat friends and acquaintances. They aren't my enemies.

Incited a riot? No.

Democrats hate America. You can call them what you like, however, if you hate America, there's a word for that.
I am a Democrat. I don't hate America.

Maybe not but you dam sure must love you some China, you ****ing idiot!!!
Bubba is banned and this Q-spewing clown is free to call perfectly reasonable posters "****ing idiots"

Sicem365 in a nutshell.
bear2be2
Canon said:

TexasScientist said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

I'm shocked a Republican is saying this. Standing on principle is something I thought the GOP abandoned long ago. Valuing America might not be popular on either side, but at least here is 1 politician who does.
And we will cast her out for calling out Trump

If she's cast out, it will be for putting personality above policy, largely in a bid to stem the loss of power establishment republicans, like her, Romney, etc., were experiencing. She sided with Democrats to take down her internal political party opponents by casting them as immoral....which is like a cobra chastising a rattle snake for being poisonous.

The key takeaway is that she sided with Democrats. She sided with a truly antiAmerican party to try and shore up her power. She needs to go.
The key take away is she has sided with truth over propitiation to Trump. She chose character and principle, something rare today.

LC isn't principled. Establishment Republicans like her and Romney have no principles. They act to protect and grow their own power. The last administration didn't upset them because Trump is a coarse jerk. It upset them because they were losing power. She sided with Democrats in an unconstitutional power play. She has no principles.
Speaking against Trump as a Republican in the Party of Trump doesn't grow one's power. It does the opposite.

While I could see how a backbone might seem foreign in an ocean full of jellyfish, it requires principles to stand up to your own party against something you feel is wrong.
bear2be2
Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Booray said:

BearFan33 said:

Redbrickbear said:

I liked Trump.

Kicking out Liz because she doe not like Trump is stupid.

Kicking out Liz because she is a piece of **** war monger and corporate money worshiping ***** is absolutely correct.
Liz is a never trump idiot that falls for and participates in false media narratives. She can be in congress if her constituents want her, but in no way should be in any kind of leadership position.
I wonder how many of the same posters who are arguing that Liz Cheney is a "war monger" who wants to keep us involved in endless conflicts also were all for the invasions post 9/11, argued Obama was an idiot for continuing the Iraq drawdown and think that maintaining stability in the Mid-East is of vital importance for energy reasons and to help Israel?

Also amazing that people who continually whine about politicians not sticking to their guns based on careerism will castigate someone for taking a position that is obviously the opposite of careerism.
Yep
is it really? Is she really going to get hurt if she loses her seat? is she really in it for Wyoming?

She lands on her feet no matter what. It's the people of Wyoming who finally get someone who represents them, and the GOP caucus in Congress who gets a leader who knows how to team-build rather than virtue posture.
The problem is the GOP not tolerating differences of opinion. If you don't line up with Trump you're out
Yeah. This is not the way to team-build.
Particularly when you're already fighting an uphill battle both demographically and in your silly religious culture war.

From a purely political standpoint, the Republicans' decision-making since 2015 has been utterly baffling.
J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

Personal gain of what?

Actually, someone who comes here to read different opinions - and mine are based on facts - would respect the discussion. You, J.R., cannot manage to be courteous to anyone more than 2 degrees from your bigoted opinions. And that just makes your posts look infantile. And to be clear, it's your behavior I am calling infantile, not you personally.
I can live with that. However, you come with opinions, not facts. You RWNJ's are a huge problem for my old party. Trump is a miserable human and possibly the worst President ever. Why you people blindly follow that clown is a mystery to me.
J.R.
curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

Guy Noir said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

C. Jordan said:

Oldbear83 said:

Personal gain of what?

Your "facts" are seldom based on truth; your posts are full of false premises producing questionable conclusions. Who would respect that "non-sense"?
are you a parrot?
Ghostrider
quash said:

Ghostrider said:

Mothra said:

Dnicknames said:

Mothra said:

Dnicknames said:

Oldbear83
J.R. "Why you people blindly follow that clown is a mystery to me"

This is why you fail. I, among others, opposed Trump when he ran in 2016, coming around only because Hillary was worse.

But unlike some, I judged Trump once he was in office by his policies and results. I mainly ignored tweets, TV comments and such not only because I knew the Trump style from years ago, I also understood that the results are what mattered.

You and others not only allow every Trump-tweet to rattle around in your skulls, you can't even accept the possibility that some of us can be offended by his behavior yet remain clear-headed about the effect of his work and the disaster that the available alternatives would create, as we are seeing now from the new President.

J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

This is why you fail. I, among others, opposed Trump when he ran in 2016, coming around only because Hillary was worse.

But unlike some, I judged Trump once he was in office by his policies and results. I mainly ignored tweets, TV comments and such not only because I knew the Trump style from years ago, I also understood that the results are what mattered.

You and others not only allow every Trump-tweet to rattle around in your skulls, you can't even accept the possibility that some of us can be offended by his behavior yet remain clear-headed about the effect of his work and the disaster that the available alternatives would create, as we are seeing now from the new President.

No, you are incorrect. He is a miserable human, a liar, a bully, a cheat and a ***** chaser. I know most presidents aren't perfect, but he is the worst of all time. His policies weren't that great either. My taxes went up under that clown. My business (oil and gas) was disaster under him. It was a hell of a lot better under Obama (didn't vote for him). Here is where I judge Fat Orange...... He singularly managed to lose the Presidency, Senate and Congress....So, now we are stuck with whatever the lefties will push down our collective throats. I hope you enjoy the Biden years as you can blame it squarely on Trump. Thanks a lot, you POS, Trump. That is really hard to do, btw.
BearFan33
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

No, you are incorrect. He is a miserable human, a liar, a bully, a cheat and a ***** chaser. I know most presidents aren't perfect, but he is the worst of all time. His policies weren't that great either. My taxes went up under that clown. My business (oil and gas) was disaster under him. It was a hell of a lot better under Obama (didn't vote for him). Here is where I judge Fat Orange...... He singularly managed to lose the Presidency, Senate and Congress....So, now we are stuck with whatever the lefties will push down our collective throats. I hope you enjoy the Biden years as you can blame it squarely on Trump. Thanks a lot, you POS, Trump. That is really hard to do, btw.
#TrumpDerangementSyndrome
Mulder
The comments from President Trump is Spot on.

Liz Cheney = RINO!
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
Oldbear83
You completely missed the point, again, J.R. You accused me of being some blind Trump cultist, then when I explained why that was never true, you ignored the statement and went on yet another spleen-based rant instead of (a) manning up and apologizing for your error, (b) moving on to something constructive, or at least (c) acting like your emotional age is somewhere beyond middle-school.

Porteroso
curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

You're not worth the effort and it wouldn't change your worthless opinions. Why bother?
because you are a blowhard who doesn't deal in facts. You said my post was all lies. I ask you to refute, and we get deflection from you and your ilk. Here are some facts that I will give you the opportunity to refute, once again.....You can blame Biden and his polices that will one enacted direction on Trump. Trump lost the Presidency, Senate and House. He could have saved the house, hence blocked Dem policies if he didn't **** up Georgia. He's and idiot. Instead of righting the ship, he has blown up the GOP (my former party).
Look in the mirror for the blowhard-in-chief. "You can blame Biden and his polices that will one enacted direction on Trump." What does that even mean? The worthless Bush/Cheney/Romney/McCain 1%-type Republicans gave us Trump. Had they done a halfway decent job, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Did you really just claim that Romney had anything to do with giving us Trump?
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

It's a decent argument. Romney in 2012 was a total milque-toast, the kind of loser who couldn't win the White House if he ran against Carter.

Republicans realized they needed a candidate with some fire and noise.
J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

curtpenn said:

J.R. said:

It's a decent argument. Romney in 2012 was a total milque-toast, the kind of loser who couldn't win the White House if he ran against Carter.

Republicans realized they needed a candidate with some fire and noise.
yes, and most of the GOP I know would like a " do over"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.