Liz Cheney: The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us

57,167 Views | 1080 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam: "It's not only about getting what you want. It's about the health of the republic. Some of you have lost all sense of this."

if you really believe that, then you should support things like the vote audit going on in Arizona.

Answer the questions, put the doubts to rest.

To be clear, Joe Biden won the election once the states certified their results and the Electoral College also certified the tallies. That's the law, and no question.

But it's undeniable that Democrats did everything they could to sell Vote by Mail, with less security than any vote in the last century, changed laws in the months immediately preceding the election, in several cases in violation of the state's constitution, and there is a hell of a lot of suspicious behavior about votes which just happened to turn up in the middle of the night in certain towns where Democrats held control of the voting counts.

Trump was an idiot in how he handed a lot of things in 2020, but there are reasons to demand a serious audit into what happened.

This is the third audit of Maricopa County. The first two done by professionals, this one conducted by nitwits. Georgia recounted twice, looking at every ballot by hand. Course were available in about 60 cases filed by Trump and associates and they could not produce any proof. Sydney Powell promised for weeks on end that she had jaw dropping evidence that would blow it all open, now she just hides.

The election "contest" is a carnival freak show. But t keeps rubes entertained.
What are your political goals?

Why do you vote for Democrats?
Waco1947
curtpenn said:

Waco1947 said:

curtpenn said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

I'm shocked a Republican is saying this. Standing on principle is something I thought the GOP abandoned long ago. Valuing America might not be popular on either side, but at least here is 1 politician who does.
And we will cast her out for calling out Trump
Apparently Jesus

If she's cast out, it will be for putting personality above policy, largely in a bid to stem the loss of power establishment republicans, like her, Romney, etc., were experiencing. She sided with Democrats to take down her internal political party opponents by casting them as immoral....which is like a cobra chastising a rattle snake for being poisonous.

The key takeaway is that she sided with Democrats. She sided with a truly antiAmerican party to try and shore up her power. She needs to go.
She sided with the Constitution, not party. You put loyalty to Trump above all principle

She did not. She sided with an outright lie. I'm loyal to no politician.
Trump says the election was stolen. That is the lie. To ignore Trump's statements is to abet the big lie

Democrats said the election was stolen for 4 years and you only get upset when a republican does it. Your true colors are showing. The Democrats normalized that talk. Trump, as ever, played their game by their rules and they/you got upset he did. You lost your voice when you failed to use it for four years.
Democrats who said the 2016 election was stolen weren't taken seriously. Nobody paid any attention to Clinton. There was no reason to get upset.
A Special Counsel was established and we spent Millions of dollars investigating the claims. The House impeached the President taking him to the brink of removal. How is that not being taken seriously?

People still believe vehemently that the Russians stole the election for Trump and were so fearful of it they coordinated with private companies to combat misinformation during the 2020 election.
You are purposefully conflating different things to form a straw-man you can use to justify your own behavior. First, Mueller was a Republican, appointed by a Republican, overseen by Republicans, to investigate Republicans. That's a more favorable a draw for Special Counsel than Trump deserved. Second, the impeachment had nothing to do with 2016 (although they should have pursued obstruction if Republicans had any integrity at all). Third, saying the Russians interfered in 2016 and members of the Trump campaign coordinated with that espionage (i.e. objective facts based on clear and convincing evidence), is not the same as saying the election was "stolen" through vague accusations of fraud like Trump is doing. But, you have to conflate them as being the same, I guess for your own conscience. Despite all of that, Hillary still called to concede the very next day, did Trump ever call Biden? Did Dem states immediately begin passing laws to change the rules in their favor like Republicans are doing now?

You're so caught up in your partisan loyalty that it's forcing you to refuse any acknowledgement of inconvenient reality, so you just blanket deny anything having to do with 2016/Russia no matter what evidence exists.

Not for nothing, but we did warn you years ago that if you elected Trump it would set us down a path of destabilization, and that's the exact reason why Russia favored him in in the first place. Well, whaddya know, 4yrs of Trump and the country seems a whole lot less stable than it did before, one side has even decided they don't like democracy anymore because they only represent a minority of voters. Trump and his hardcore supporters would be more than happy to ignite the country to keep him in power (see: events of 1/6), and the party he leads is too cowardly to even call him out for it, so here we are with the Cheney situation.

Accused pedophile Matt Gaetz has a home in the GOP, but not Liz Cheney, and that should tell you all you need to know.
????

So much stupid in your post it's not worth the time it would take to point out and explain all the flaws. No surprise.

Try taking just one.

You're not worth the effort.
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam: "It's not only about getting what you want. It's about the health of the republic. Some of you have lost all sense of this."

if you really believe that, then you should support things like the vote audit going on in Arizona.

To be clear, Joe Biden won the election once the states certified their results and the Electoral College also certified the tallies. That's the law, and no question.

But it's undeniable that Democrats did everything they could to sell Vote by Mail, with less security than any vote in the last century, changed laws in the months immediately preceding the election, in several cases in violation of the state's constitution, and there is a hell of a lot of suspicious behavior about votes which just happened to turn up in the middle of the night in certain towns where Democrats held control of the voting counts.

Trump was an idiot in how he handed a lot of things in 2020, but there are reasons to demand a serious audit into what happened.

This is the third audit of Maricopa County. The first two done by professionals, this one conducted by nitwits. Georgia recounted twice, looking at every ballot by hand. Course were available in about 60 cases filed by Trump and associates and they could not produce any proof. Sydney Powell promised for weeks on end that she had jaw dropping evidence that would blow it all open, now she just hides.

Two weeks ago I answered that exact question for you with a well-tough out post. I am not going to do it again just so you can deflect.

My "political goal" in this thread is to say that American democracy is a system that works and worked in the 2020 election. As opposed to those who want to tear down the very things that make us great..
Osodecentx
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Two weeks ago I answered that exact question for you with a well-tough out post. I am not going to do it again just so you can deflect.

My "political goal" in this thread is to say that American democracy is a system that works and worked in the 2020 election. As opposed to those who want to tear down the very things that make us great..
Can't believe you don't have him on Ignore
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

So, tell us big guy, did democracy work in the 2016 election or was it rigged by Russia and Trump?
Osodecentx
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

So, tell us big guy, did democracy work in the 2016 election or was it rigged by Russia and Trump?
It worked in 2016 and 2020.
Canon
Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Did you have the same opprobrium for your Democrat friends and their incessant claims of stolen elections (both US and states like Georgia) over the last 4 years?

I'll rely on your honesty here, but I suspect you were quite silent on the matter until it affected the legitimacy of your preferred Democrat candidate.
Mothra
Booray said:

Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

I'm shocked a Republican is saying this. Standing on principle is something I thought the GOP abandoned long ago. Valuing America might not be popular on either side, but at least here is 1 politician who does.

If she's cast out, it will be for putting personality above policy, largely in a bid to stem the loss of power establishment republicans, like her, Romney, etc., were experiencing. She sided with Democrats to take down her internal political party opponents by casting them as immoral....which is like a cobra chastising a rattle snake for being poisonous.

The key takeaway is that she sided with Democrats. She sided with a truly antiAmerican party to try and shore up her power. She needs to go.
She sided with the Constitution, not party. You put loyalty to Trump above all principle

Trump says the election was stolen. That is the lie. To ignore Trump's statements is to abet the big lie

Democrats said the election was stolen for 4 years and you only get upset when a republican does it. Your true colors are showing. The Democrats normalized that talk. Trump, as ever, played their game by their rules and they/you got upset he did. You lost your voice when you failed to use it for four years.
Democrats who said the 2016 election was stolen weren't taken seriously. Nobody paid any attention to Clinton. There was no reason to get upset.
A Special Counsel was established and we spent Millions of dollars investigating the claims. The House impeached the President taking him to the brink of removal. How is that not being taken seriously?

People still believe vehemently that the Russians stole the election for Trump and were so fearful of it they coordinated with private companies to combat misinformation during the 2020 election.
Did Dem states immediately begin passing laws to change the rules in their favor like Republicans are doing now?

Does making DC a state, packing the Court, amnesty for illegals, and ending the filibuster count?

Or is that something you don't acknowledge Dems are attempting because of YOUR partisan loyalty?
Attempting change using constitutional methods is not the same as actual change achieved by undermining constitutional procedures. Election laws are one thing-the premise of those laws (that vote fraud exists at a large scale and changed the result of the 2020 election) is the real danger.
If they're undermining constitutional procedures, then that is why we have federal courts and these laws will be struck down.

But really, you are arguing a distinction without a difference.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Did Dem states immediately begin passing laws to change the rules in their favor like Republicans are doing now?

Does making DC a state, packing the Court, amnesty for illegals, and ending the filibuster count?

Or is that something you don't acknowledge Dems are attempting because of YOUR partisan loyalty?
Attempting change using constitutional methods is not the same as actual change achieved by undermining constitutional procedures. Election laws are one thing-the premise of those laws (that vote fraud exists at a large scale and changed the result of the 2020 election) is the real danger.
If they're undermining constitutional procedures, then that is why we have federal courts and these laws will be struck down.

Changing the filibuster rules vs. breaking windows and beating down police with a flagpole...in your mind that's a distinction without a difference?
Booray
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

It worked.

I don't like Donald Trump but he was elected and he was my president for four years.

Booray
Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Not really. I didn't say the laws as written are unconstitutional and the federal bench as presently constituted is not going to say that either.

My point was that the laws are being passed to buttress a fantasy that the 2020 election was "stolen." A widespread belief that elections cannot be trusted is dangerous to democracy. Encouraging that belief while knowing the underlying factual premise to be untrue is the tactic of despots.
Sam Lowry
Booray said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

A widespread belief that elections cannot be trusted is dangerous to democracy. Encouraging that belief while knowing the underlying factual premise to be untrue is the tactic of despots.
Yep.
HuMcK
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

2016 wasn't stolen, it was influenced. I'm guessing you'll probably pretend to not understand the difference. All elections are influenced by a lot of things, 2016 was the first that featured such an overt foreign espionage campaign to achieve an explicit result.

Never before has a hostile foreign nation been caught using such direct means (hacking and timed releases, followed by propaganda psy-ops that evidently worked great on a lot of people) to favor one candidate over another, and never before has a campaign's top manager been caught meeting with someone he knew to be an intelligence agent of a hostile foreign nation. 2016 was unprecedented, in the tactics used and the level of success achieved.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Booray said:

Mothra said:

HuMcK said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Changing the filibuster rules vs. breaking windows and beating down police with a flagpole...in your mind that's a distinction without a difference?
Mothra
Booray was referencing states changing voting laws. That is what I was responding to.

Were you attempting to change the topic?
Mothra
The motives may be different, but the methods are a distinction without a difference.

And I happen to agree with you the people that think the election was "stolen" weren't paying attention to the polling. There is no way in Hell Trump was going to win that election.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Booray was referencing states changing voting laws. That is what I was responding to.

You mentioned "making DC a state, packing the Court, amnesty for illegals, and ending the filibuster." I'd put voting laws in the same category. I'm shocked that you would equate any of those things with riots or rebellion.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

You mentioned "making DC a state, packing the Court, amnesty for illegals, and ending the filibuster." I'd put voting laws in the same category. I'm shocked that you would equate any of those things with riots or rebellion.

Honestly, I am not sure what you are talking about. I am not sure you do either.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Honestly, I am not sure what you are talking about. I am not sure you do either.
I'm talking about, as Booray said, the danger of the widespread belief that the election was stolen.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

I'm talking about, as Booray said, the danger of the widespread belief that the election was stolen.
And I said, I agree with Booray on that point. Perhaps you missed it.

But as I also said, the motives may be different, but the methods are a distinction without a difference.
Osodecentx
Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Did you have the same opprobrium for your Democrat friends and their incessant claims of stolen elections (both US and states like Georgia) over the last 4 years?

I'll rely on your honesty here, but I suspect you were quite silent on the matter until it affected the legitimacy of your preferred Democrat candidate.
Yes, when Hillary whined. Also when Trump whined and incited a riot.

I sent money to the Republican senate candidates for the run-off, the run off that Trump cost us.

Just an aside, but I do have Democrat friends and acquaintances. They aren't my enemies.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

But as I also said, the motives may be different, but the methods are a distinction without a difference.

That's all I wanted to know. And it's bonkers. But thanks.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

What's bonkers? That people assailed the capitol? That people believe the election was stolen? If so, I agree completely.

We are also BOTH in agreement that Trump and his minions need to ride off into the sunset.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Just to be clear, you think "making DC a state, packing the Court, amnesty for illegals, and ending the filibuster" is all that different from the laws being passed in state legislatures?
Whiskey Pete
HuMcK said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

2016 wasn't stolen, it was influenced. I'm guessing you'll probably pretend to not understand the difference. All elections are influenced by a lot of things, 2016 was the first that featured such an overt foreign espionage campaign to achieve an explicit result.

Never before has a hostile foreign nation been caught using such direct means (hacking and timed releases, followed by propaganda psy-ops that evidently worked great on a lot of people) to favor one candidate over another, and never before has a campaign's top manager been caught meeting with someone he knew to be an intelligence agent of a hostile foreign nation. 2016 was unprecedented, in the tactics used and the level of success achieved.
russia russia russia. You're a broken record. Time for some new material
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

You address that "widespread belief" by allowing the audits and investigating the many irregularities, not by shouting down anyone with doubts and bullying critics into silence.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canon
Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

I sent money to the Republican senate candidates for the run-off, the run off that Trump cost us.

Just an aside, but I do have Democrat friends and acquaintances. They aren't my enemies.

Incited a riot? No.

Democrats hate America. You can call them what you like, however, if you hate America, there's a word for that.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Just to be clear, you think "making DC a state, packing the Court, amnesty for illegals, and ending the filibuster" is all that different from the laws being passed in state legislatures?

It's not necessarily the laws, but the underlying premise that is the problem. That's what undermines the Constitution and incites riots.
Booray
Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Incited a riot? No.

Democrats hate America. You can call them what you like, however, if you hate America, there's a word for that.
I am a Democrat. I don't hate America.
Canon
Booray said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Incited a riot? No.

If you are a Democrat, then your second statement is false.
Booray
Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Incited a riot? No.

Sad for you to believe this. You have been brainwashed.
GrowlTowel
HuMcK said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

No, it really wasn't.

Based on your reasoning, 2020 was much worse due to international tech influencing.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

It's not necessarily the laws, but the underlying premise that is the problem. That's what undermines the Constitution and incites riots.
The premise is irrelevant to facially-neutral law that makes elections more secure.
Canon
Booray said:

Canon said:

Booray said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Oldbear83 said:

Incited a riot? No.

Sad for you to believe this. You have been brainwashed.

No. I've simply observed the Democrat party and their calls and efforts to destroy the US economy, US history, constitutional protections and divide the US into warring tribes. Democrats clearly and demonstrably hate America.

You are what you do.
HuMcK
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

The premise is irrelevant to facially-neutral law that makes elections more secure.

Adding states and ending the filibuster are both "facially-neutral" measures as well, I wonder why it is that Republicans are so opposed to those "neutral" proposals...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.