OFFICIAL ELECTION THREAD, 11-8-22

43,217 Views | 1063 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whiterock
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Oldbear83 said:

He Hate Me said:

RMF5630 said:

He Hate Me said:

Doc Holliday said:

Her opponent is going back to driving for Uber.
Maybe she is going back to be a weather anchor on TV...
I would think that, at least 9 months out of the year, being a weatherman or weatherwoman in Arizona is pretty plumb job.
I think they prefer to be called 'meteorologists' now, which is strange, because it's been years since even one of them reported on meteor activity ...

FYI - how to be a meteorologist in Mexico.

1) Be really really hot
That's it, that's the list.
Don't forget how the weather is impacting the Marguay plants if they see "sails" on the coast if the sailfish are running...
Jack Bauer
I can't listen to this BS any longer.

J.R.
RMF5630 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

ATL Bear said:

whiterock said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Every stupid self-serving Trump tweet simply pushes a few more people over to Desantis.

Sununu and Haley can [if they are smart team players] kill a Trump candidacy early. Let him lose 7-8 of the first 10 primaries and he is done.
Best way they can do that is to stay out of the race. The more candidates that enter, the harder it will be to defeat Trump. All it will do is divide up the non-Trump vote as the primaries turn winner-take-all. His core base will stand strong.

He's been in the mid-50's all year. I'd be guesstimating on what is his hard floor, but if it's 40% or better he's invulnerable in anything larger than a three horse race. and I don't think it would be much less than 40%.

The folks here who want to move on from Trump are not being unrealistic in their desire, only about how hard it could be to beat him. And they're being even less realistic about how hard it will be to find another candidate capable of inspiring firing up conservative voters to the point of spontaneous boat parades.

Desantis has some stuff going for him, for sure. But the crowd here is letting their hopes get way out over the tips of their analysis
It shouldn't be hard to defeat him. The fact it could be is an indictment on the people who continue to prop him up. Please stop.
It amazes me that after Tuesday, anyone still thinks Trump should be the next Republican nominee. If 2020 didn't prove he's going to get his ass kicked in a general election, his myriad of legal troubles and unethical behavior since then, as well as the resounding defeat of Trumpism this past Tuesday, should have waken them to this fact.

Alas, we are very slow learners.

Some are simply incapable of adjusting long held thought processes .

The fact remains…….Trump is poisonous to the Republican Party .

Which is why Dems actively keep his name in the public spotlight .
You are correct. I am hearing from more and more high up company officials they are glad that someone is showing up that can knock Trump out of the limelight. Sick of his antics. I believe those that think Trump is the power in the GOP are going to be very surprised when they see how quick people jump on an alternative that is an adult and is able to get things done. Got to work in the system, not blow it up. Or, we become a banana republic.
I agree. I think Trump's continued obsession with the 2020 election and refusal to actually support any candidates financially weakened him. Tuesday's results really harmed his position. His petulant, unprovoked attacks on DeSantis - the biggest winner Tuesday - really make him look like a moron.

Not that anyone doubted it was always just about Trump, but now he's leaving no doubt it always was just about Trump. I think he's done.
He is making money on all this. I just found out that he is not helping even his MAGA candidates. Guy needs to go away before he causes more damage.

The fact that the GOP is having problems winning against the Squad, Biden and the rest of the platform this bunch is running on shows MAGA IS NOT WORKING. Trump has become Hillary! A candidate so unlikable that you can run anyone against him and win.

Watch GOP will jettison him quickly now. I really suspect he will start his own 3rd Party and run under that mantle. Perot #2...
Well said !
Cobretti
Forest Bueller_bf
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Nevada context:

Vegas [Clark County] has about 45,000 ballots outstanding
Reno [Washoe County] has about 21,000 ballots outstanding
All other Counties combined have about 7,000 ballots outstanding.

Key Issue: the early mail-in ballots were heavily D. As the receipt date on mail-in ballots moves later, the discrepancy between D and R became less.

D needs about 41,000 of the remaining [estimated] 73,000 votes to overtake the current lead. That is 56.16%.

The most recent ballot drops have been very close to that range. If the %s hold, the D likely wins. If they continue dropping [even slightly] the R wins.

And there are exactly ZERO post-COVID elections to use as a Go By to analyze the trend.
Yea looks like the Nevada D comes out about 1000 votes ahead at the current trend.

That should trigger a recount, but if they need 9000, you know they are getting 9001.

Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

I can't listen to this BS any longer.

She's literally the stupidest press secretary in US history ... like Biden, Harris, trainey general ... a bunch of freaking fools whose only qualification is skin color or where they put their cock.
Harrison Bergeron
Cobretti said:

I guess they are having blind sloths count the ballots ... nothing to be worried about. I'm sure waiting two weeks could never risk fraud.
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron said:

Cobretti said:

I guess they are having blind sloths count the ballots ... nothing to be worried about. I'm sure waiting two weeks could never risk fraud.

Are you questioning democracy? I'm literally shaking with your violent tone!!
Adriacus Peratuun
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Nevada context:

Key Issue: the early mail-in ballots were heavily D. As the receipt date on mail-in ballots moves later, the discrepancy between D and R became less.

D needs about 41,000 of the remaining [estimated] 73,000 votes to overtake the current lead. That is 56.16%.

The most recent ballot drops have been very close to that range. If the %s hold, the D likely wins. If they continue dropping [even slightly] the R wins.

And there are exactly ZERO post-COVID elections to use as a Go By to analyze the trend.
Yea looks like the Nevada D comes out about 1000 votes ahead at the current trend.

That should trigger a recount, but if they need 9000, you know they are getting 9001.

That last drop from Clark County was really tough for Laxalt. But Clark is almost done. The last of those votes will put her ahead and he has to hope that the remaining votes everywhere else can swing it back.
4th and Inches
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Adriacus Peratuun said:

Nevada context:

That last drop from Clark County was really tough for Laxalt. But Clark is almost done. The last of those votes will put her ahead and he has to hope that the remaining votes everywhere else can swing it back.
Laxalt has remained confident that he will prevail.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Jack Bauer
Aliceinbubbleland
Dump Trump
Aliceinbubbleland
Here's hoping Democrats get into some type of Progressive/Biden's age squabble and split. If the GOP can't do any better than we showed in this years elections we are going to have to find a way to appeal to those borderline blues or lose it all to Arizona's and Georgia's and Pennsylvania's.
Oldbear83
Harrison Bergeron said:

Cobretti said:

Actually, it's dead blind sloths, and 'volunteers' from AOC's office will make sure the right count results.

Sometime before Christmas, I am told ... what's that? I'm sorry, they said the holiday is now called Obamarama.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Harrison Bergeron
I completely trust a banana republic where critical elections take weeks to tabulate. And yet the third largest state was final on election night.
Oldbear83
BREAKING - Authorities release video of Election Schedule meeting

Wrecks Quan Dough
The Democrat party and its ideology should be made illegal in the United States.
fubar
He Hate Me said:

The Democrat party and its ideology should be made illegal in the United States.
Let's make America safe for Trump.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
Wrecks Quan Dough
fubar said:

He Hate Me said:

Let's make America safe for Trump.

Nothing to do with Trump.
Canada2017
Dems ' magic ' is continuing . Pelosi smiling .

And no one is questioning these late counts ….days after an election.

Welcome to the jungle .
Wrecks Quan Dough
Canada2017 said:

Dems ' magic ' is continuing . Pelosi smiling .

And no one is questioning these late counts ….days after an election.

Welcome to the jungle .

Everything is Chicago now.
fubar
Adriacus Peratuun
Laxalt's lead climbs back to almost 2K. Clark County only has one more drop. Washoe has more outstanding votes and Carson has a decent amount. And all of the small counties have tidbits.

Might actually make the lead hold.
fubar
CNN just called AZ for Kelly.

49-49.
Oldbear83
fubar said:

49-49.
wait and see.
fubar
Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

49-49.
wait and see.
Walker will win Georgia, so long as Trump stays somewhere else.

It all comes down to Nevada. I like Laxalt's chances.
Wrecks Quan Dough
fubar said:

Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

49-49.
wait and see.

Ain't that right.
Osodecentx
fubar said:

Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

49-49.
wait and see.

Laxalt less than 2,000 votes ahead, 93% of votes counted

Democrats took a step toward retaining control of the Senate after Mark Kelly held on to his seat in Arizona, defeating Blake Masters, a venture capitalist backed by former President Donald J. Trump, according to The Associated Press.

Mr. Kelly's victory puts Democrats within one seat of retaining control of the Senate, which will now be decided by one of two states: Nevada or Georgia.
4th and Inches
fubar said:

49-49.
thats nice.. lets count all the votes first.

They are probably right..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
fubar
4th and Inches said:

fubar said:

49-49.
thats nice.. lets count all the votes first.

They are probably right..
You're not going to be satisfied no matter what. Let's wait! Count all the votes!

What!?!? This **** is taking too long! We getting ripped off!
ATL Bear
fubar said:

Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

49-49.
wait and see.

Trump plans to take credit for Walker and his Heisman Trophy.
fubar
ATL Bear said:

fubar said:

Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

49-49.
wait and see.

And blame him for the USFL's demise?
Wrecks Quan Dough
fubar said:

ATL Bear said:

fubar said:

Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

49-49.
wait and see.

And blame him for the USFL's demise?

Weeeeellllll!!!
Cobretti

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.