U.S Senate races

49,465 Views | 1187 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

GOP wave coming in

"....Meanwhile, as Democrats have pointed out, you see many more poll numbers from partisan Republican pollsters than partisan Democratic pollsters. But there's a reason for that. As Republican pollster Bill McInturff argued, partisan pollsters and campaign clients don't release unfavorable numbers. That's an indication that Democrats have no good news to share...."

"....Caught on a political limb are Democrats who followed expert advice and endorsed things like school shutdowns and defunding the police -- policies New York Magazine writer Jonathan Chait called the "indefensible and self-discrediting positions" of "the most unreasonable people on the Left" and Josh Barro called "dumbf--- things The Groups signed up for in June 2020, because the people who staff The Groups are the most out of touch people on the planet."....."

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/political_commentary/commentary_by_michael_barone/it_looks_like_the_republican_wave_is_coming_in

Dems haven't had their shot... There will be water main breaks, evacuations, mysterious boxes and the like showing up...

Although, I am impressed as GOP usually is nig on election day but not mail ins.

https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-says-it-may-take-days-for-democrat-votes-to-be-harvested?utm_source=The%20Babylon%20Bee%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email
Harrison Bergeron
I am genuinely worried about shenanigans. The progressives are fundamentalist zealots on a Crusade. I think some actually believe what they say. Crusaders don't care about laws, protocol, polity - nothing but power.
Forest Bueller_bf
FormerFlash said:

Jack Bauer said:

2016 Election Denialism is different than 2020 Election Denialism or something..

Posting my own words = disinformation.

These people are the true masters of gaslighting.

Every election the dems don't win is rigged. They are perpetual election deniers.
WacoKelly83
FLBear5630
WacoKelly83 said:

Did anyone expect Oprah support a GOP candidate in a battleground state? The fact she waited until 4 days before to weigh in is telling against Fetterman.
Wrecks Quan Dough
WacoKelly83 said:

Oprah prefers White Privilege (tm) to a successful Turkish, Muslim whose parents are immigrants. Seriously, if you value either intersectionality or meritocracy, then Oz is your candidate. Either way.
Forest Bueller_bf
He Hate Me said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Oprah prefers White Privilege (tm) to a successful Turkish, Muslim whose parents are immigrants. Seriously, if you value either intersectionality or meritocracy, then Oz is your candidate. Either way.
Fetterman got to play Mayor at $150 a month salary while his dad bankrolled him for pretty much ever. He is the poster boy of "actual" privledge.
J.R.
Harrison Bergeron said:

I am genuinely worried about shenanigans. The progressives are fundamentalist zealots on a Crusade. I think some actually believe what they say. Crusaders don't care about laws, protocol, polity - nothing but power.
stay in your "safe room"!
J.R.
RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Does anyone think that Hershel Walker is remotely qualified to be a Senator? Not a question relative to parties. Just curious.

And what is qualified? You have to be an attorney now? Ivy League attorney, at that? If he wins, the guy deserves a shot. That is the elitist crap that has us in this mess. Maybe a non-attorney, non-lifetime politician will be more interested in results, not lobby.

no, none of that. He is just dumb! What about that can you not see? You want that idiot casting votes in the senate. I'm not sure he can read and understand the bills he will be voting on.
J.R.
Married A Horn said:

J.R. said:

Does anyone think that Hershel Walker is remotely qualified to be a Senator? Not a question relative to parties. Just curious.

Do you think Fetterman is qualified to be a senator?
NO
J.R.
Married A Horn said:

J.R. said:

Such an Elitist Democrat thing to ask...
answer the question please. I'm not a Dem.
J.R.
Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

What makes you think Warnock is qualified? He is just a preacher that talks about how bad white people are rather than talking about God.
I said nothing of the other candidate as I know nothing about him. I was pointed to say this is not about parties. Is HW qualified? The good news is no-one has said he was. He just dumb as a box of hair.

So J.R. is demanding the black candidate for Senator of Georgia pass a Literacy Test?
Now, now, son. That is just a total stretch. I simple asked If you thought HW was qualified to be a US Senator. what is your answer?
J.R.
whiterock said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

What makes you think Warnock is qualified? He is just a preacher that talks about how bad white people are rather than talking about God.
I said nothing of the other candidate as I know nothing about him. I was pointed to say this is not about parties. Is HW qualified? The good news is no-one has said he was. He just dumb as a box of hair.

So J.R. is demanding the black candidate for Senator of Georgia pass a Literacy Test?
how long before Democrats call Musk's $8/month blue check fee a poll tax?
I could care less about Musk and Twaddle. Have not time for it.
Harrison Bergeron
He Hate Me said:

WacoKelly83 said:

It's amazing how being a conservative or Republican trumps intersectionality and diversity.

There is literally no consistency in progressive thought.
Oldbear83
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

Now, now, son. That is just a total stretch. I simple asked If you thought HW was qualified to be a US Senator. what is your answer?
Nice waffles, but you specifically challenged Walker's education, ergo you want him literacy tested.

Too late to deny it, it's in print.

Old habits die hard for Democrats.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
whiterock
Harrison Bergeron said:

He Hate Me said:

WacoKelly83 said:

There is literally no consistency in progressive thought.

That's the point
Harrison Bergeron
I am not sure there has ever been more wild-eyed, crazy conspiracy theories than the Democrats' 2022 final pitch. I am not sure if they're serious or wildly cynical.
4th and Inches

Masters with the lead in Rich's last AZ poll
4th and Inches

Emerson agrees..
4th and Inches
whiterock
4th and Inches said:

At least a percentage point of the undecideds will not vote. But the rest who do will vote 80% or so for OZ.

Dems will try to offset that with shenanigans in Philly.
4th and Inches
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/rcp-pollster-rankings/
ScottS
J.R. said:

Oldbear83 said:

J.R. said:

muddybrazos said:

J.R. said:

Way more qualifed than clowns like UpChuck Shumer.
sombear
4th and Inches said:

Sombear, Appreciate the update..
Just got a brief email update, probably the last one. Captain obvious here, but NV, PA, and GA could still go either way. AZ a half a tier back, could still happen, Masters very close but consistently behind. NH a half tier back of that, could happen but only in true wave. No way on the other longshots. Overall confidence, but similar to a few days ago, not so much based on data (polls or EV) but on feeling of momentum.

Two interesting anecdotes. One, they estimate GOP low quality candidates are a ~2.5% drag compared to a hypothetical average candidate. Two, Dem establishment is far more worried (borderline panicked) than GOP is confident.
Jack Bauer
Tell me you are desperate for votes

Cobretti
whiterock
Cobretti said:

Foreshadowing…..
whiterock
New Yorker article preparing readers for the "Democrat bloodbath" next week.

"As a Democratic strategist pointed out to me, a flood of funding after the Supreme Court decision allowed Democratic campaigns to put ads on television "much, much earlier" in swing states. This created a unique situation, he went on, in which Democrats were disproportionately tuned in to politics, the Democratic base was overrepresented in polls, and swing voters were overwhelmingly seeing Democratic ads. "I think that's what creates that blue mirage during the summer," he said."

At the risk of oversimplification, the case the article makes is there was never a swing of public support toward Democrats. Democrat intensity over Dobbs created a feedback loop that pushed Dems to harp on the wrong issues. Fair enough on the blue mirage. But I'm not sure that was an accident. Dem consultants are pros. They knew there was no issue that could swing independents toward the Dems, given the range of socio-economic pathologies occurring under Dem stewardship. In such situations, the only path to victory is to make the election a "base election," to generate a turnout of your base that overcomes (or limits) the wave building against you. You execute such a strategy by talking about issues your own voters are passionate about. Which is another way of describing what the article describes. We will indeed have a red wave. And the reason so many races are close is……Dems did everything they could to drive up their turnout and drive down independent turnout. Yes, it will be a bloodbath for Dems. But it COULDA been a lot worse if they hadn't done the things the article described. .

https://www.newyorker.com/news/the-political-scene/why-republican-insiders-think-the-gop-is-poised-for-a-blowout

whiterock
Texas Turnout Report:

2022 General Election - Early Voting Report

It's currently 2:30pm. I was waiting for a few counties to post their lists from yesterday (cough, cough, Galveston County), but they haven't yet. So this is a nearly complete report.

Yesterday. Wow! 720,636 people voted.

Right now we are sitting at 5,459,552 votes cast (30.9% of all registered voters voted).

The breakdown by day is as follows (I separately ballots received by mail before early voting began and put it into its own category called "Day 0."):

Day 0: 172,906
Monday: 457,763
Tuesday: 478,792
Wednesday: 462,660
Thursday: 463,686
Friday: 449,419
Saturday: 328,460
Sunday: 153,622
Monday: 426,309
Tuesday: 396,454
Wednesday: 437,560
Thursday: 511,285
Friday: 720,636

Early Voters by Previous Election History

Voters with previous Republican Primary history now have a 565,429 vote advantage over those with previous Democratic Primary history. As a reminder, participation in a party's primary does not mean the individual votes for that party's candidate in the General Election. However, it is a very good indicator.

While the advantage grew only slightly yesterday (9,687 votes), the Republican Primary voter advantage has grown every single day of early voting, with the exception of Sunday.

When we review all early voters by their previous election history, the breakout is as follows:

Republican Primary voters 40%
Democratic Primary voters 29%
Voters with no primary election history 30%

For the first time during early voting, voters with no previous primary history make up a larger share than those with Democratic Primary history.

The split after early voting ended in previous elections was:
2020: 29% Republican / 24% Democratic / 48% No primary history
2018: 34% Republican / 20% Democratic / 46% No primary history.
2016: 37% Republican / 19% Democratic / 44% No primary history
2014: 40% Republican / 28% Democratic / 33% No primary history

Again, based on this data point alone, the makeup of early voters more closely resembles that from 2014 than it does 2018. (In 2014, John Cornyn was at the top of the ticket and defeated David Alameel 62%-34% and Greg Abbott defeated Wendy Davis 59%-39%.)

Here is how this has tracked each day of early voting.

2022 vs. 2018 Turnout

We can FINALLY compare early voting totals this year to 2018 for the entire state. As I said earlier, 5,459,552 people voted this year. In 2018, 5,994,140 people voted early in the U.S. Senate race. This means we fell short of the 2018 total by 534,588 votes.

However, in 2018, there were 15,793,257 registered voters. 38% of registered voters voted. Currently, there are 17,675,191 registered voters and only 31% voted early. In order to get to a 38% turnout rate, we would have needed 6,716,573 people voting. So adjusted for the growth in the number of registered voters, we are currently 1.3 million votes behind 2018's turnout.

Urban vs. Rural

The Big Five counties (Harris, Dallas, Bexar, Travis, and Tarrant) saw 2,278,492 people vote. They made up 41.7% of all votes cast during early voting. 31% of all registered voters in these counties voted early.

The next 20 largest counties (many of which surround the above-listed counties) saw 1,907,772 people vote. They made up 34.9% of all votes cast. 32.2% of all registered voters in these counties voted early.

The remaining 229 counties saw 1,273,288 people vote. They made up 23.3% of all votes cast. 29.1% of all registered voters in these counties voted early. But, as I have said before, early voting is more popular in urban and suburban areas than it is rural counties. There are fewer early voting places and in a rural county, the drive might be significantly out of the way to reach a polling place. On Election Day, the likelihood is higher that there will be a closer polling place.

Why is it important to look at this breakdown?

In 2020, President Trump received 39.5% of the vote in The Big Five, 51.6% in the next 20 largest counties, but received 74.1% in the remaining 229 counties.

In 2018, Senator Cruz saw a similar breakdown. Cruz received 38.5% of the vote in The Big Five, 51.2% in the next 20 largest counties, and 72.2% in the remaining 229 counties.

Primary Voters

Each party still has over one million voters who voted in their party's primary who have NOT voted. There are 1.5 million voters with previous Republican Primary history and 1.2 million voters with previous Democratic Primary history who have not voted.

59% of voters with Republican Primary history voted early compared to 57% of voters with Democratic Primary history that voted.

In 2018, 21% of voters with Republican Primary history waited to vote on Election Day. If that holds true this year, that would equate to 732,000 votes. 16.7% of voters with Democratic Primary history waited to vote on Election Day. That would equal about 436,000 votes.

It is likely that a larger portion of Republican Primary voters are waiting to vote on Election Day than in years past. The participation rates of 3Rs and 4Rs may point to this being the case. 71.3% of 3Rs have voted and 80.6% of 4Rs have voted. These are group where 90%+ end up voting in midterm elections.

Demographics

These are the updated participation rates by gender, age, and I have added voters with a Hispanic surname to the mix.

The group everyone seems to be focusing on, only 14% of voters aged 18-29 have voted early. In 2018, 34% voted. To reach that rate, an additional 735,721 18-29 year olds will have to vote on Election Day (507,608 voted during early voting).

Projections

Now the question becomes, "How many people are going to vote on Election Day?" And it wasn't 7:20am before Adam Loewy asked me that question (with Evan Smith close behind at 7:40am).

I'm actually not going to make a final projection yet because I need to go through the data a bit more. I'll make a projection in Monday's super duper early voting report.

In the meantime, here is how the early/mail versus Election Day vote has split historically:

2020: 86% of votes were cast by mail or during early voting / 14% on Election Day
2018: 72% mail/early / 28% Election Day
2016: 77% mail/early / 23% Election Day
2014: 55% mail/early / 45% Election Day

The Reports

For the full statewide report, please click here.
For the breakdown by county, please click here.

Last Notes

On Monday afternoon, I will send out a final early voting report. It will include more charts, more data, more everything. Hopefully, that will give you something to look at as we all wait for returns to start rolling in on Tuesday night.
Cobretti
Doc Holliday
This is some bull**** from Trump.

Ursus Americanus
Doc Holliday said:

Trump's moment is over, he was the vehicle that stopped Hillary and flipped the Supreme Court for a generation and we thank him, he also had sane foreign policy, but the rest of his antics are a detriment and DeSantis brings most of Trump's pluses to the table with almost none of the minuses.

Also, Trump should be kissing Pence's feet, because Pence on the 2016 ticket is what made conservatives come home to him and take a chance that he might do conservative things such as appoint conservative justices, without Pence people like myself would've stayed home at the time.
Jack Bauer
Ursus Americanus said:

Doc Holliday said:

Trump's moment is over, he was the vehicle that stopped Hillary and flipped the Supreme Court for a generation and we thank him, he also had sane foreign policy, but the rest of his antics are a detriment and DeSantis brings most of Trump's pluses to the table with almost none of the minuses.

His ego will overshadow some of his great accomplishments....

Crapping on the MSM and the Dems is one thing but he does it to everyone.
Ursus Americanus
Jack Bauer said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Doc Holliday said:

If he'd shut up he'd get the legacy of stopping the Clinton machine and breaking the DNC for a generation while breaking the back of judicial activism and overturning Roe v Wade.

Incredible and historical accomplishments that will shape decades of political ramifications.

Jack Bauer
Ursus Americanus said:

Jack Bauer said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Doc Holliday said:

If he'd shut up he'd get the legacy of stopping the Clinton machine and breaking the DNC for a generation while breaking the back of judicial activism and overturning Roe v Wade.

Incredible and historical accomplishments that will shape decades of political ramifications.

Average Americans don't care about Russia, Russia, Russia the way the MSM does.

It all comes down to jobs, taxes, stock market, crime and any average person can see the different between Trump and Biden.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.