U.S Senate races

49,724 Views | 1187 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Noticed they switched from RV to LV as well..
Ursus Americanus
4th and Inches said:

Noticed they switched from RV to has 51 or 52 senate seats LV as well..
I think when all is said and done, the GOP has a great chance to win 51 or 52 senate seats, and will retake the House with at least 25 seat gain.

And Abbott, DeSantis, and Kemp will all win easily at the governor level.
muddybrazos
Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

I think when all is said and done, the GOP has a great chance to win 51 or 52 senate seats, and will retake the House with at least 25 seat gain.

Dont Forget Kari Lake. She looks really strong and someone to keep an eye on as a future VP candidate for Desantis.
Ursus Americanus
muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Dont Forget Kari Lake. She looks really strong and someone to keep an eye on as a future VP candidate for Desantis.
I think the GOP establishment has their heart set on Tim Scott as a veep.
muddybrazos
Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

I hate to break their hearts but that one is a non starter for me and the other ultra magas. Tim is a nice guy but he is just more of the same which is obviously why the establishment would want him.
Ursus Americanus
muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

I hate to break their hearts but that one is a non starter for me and the other ultra magas. Tim is a nice guy but he is just more of the same which is obviously why the establishment would want him.
You always balance a ticket between a populist and establishment, it's the formula of a coalition. Reagan paired with Bush, Trump with Pence.
muddybrazos
Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

You always balance a ticket between a populist and establishment, it's the formula of a coalition. Reagan paired with Bush, Trump with Pence.
What was Bush/CHeney? Establishment legacy dumbass and establishment war hawk? I think that paradigm may be shifting since the repubs are moving away from uniparty boomer cons.
Ursus Americanus
muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

What was Bush/CHeney? Establishment legacy dumbass and establishment war hawk? I think that paradigm may be shifting since the repubs are moving away from uniparty boomer cons.
I'm not here to argue with you, I'm telling you the reality of political coalitions, the parties are too broad and fragile too not balance it.

Some times tickets are bad, but the ones most doomed are those with no balance, like Clinton/ Kaine and Romney/Ryan.
Sam Lowry
MAGAs learned their lesson with Pence. Establishment types might play well with Dems, but when it comes to coup attempts they are no help at all.
4th and Inches

Masters closing the gap
Married A Horn
Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Trump wont make that mistake twice.
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
Osodecentx
Married A Horn said:

Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

muddybrazos said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Trump wont make that mistake twice.

Neither will I
whiterock
4th and Inches said:

Masters closing the gap

Rule of thumb to interpret that: most of the "someone else" voters will not vote, and the challenger usually will win the undecideds 60/40-ish. So the race is a actually dead heat (to extent that poll reflects the electorate.). Kelly loses another point and he's toSt.

Kelly's task now is to shrink the electorate by making the undecideds so afraid to vote for Masters that they do not vote at all So this race should see a lot of very negative ads run against Masters.
Osodecentx
I think undecideds break for the candidates in the same proportion as the last poll. In this case, it's essentially a tie race
4th and Inches

Here we go..
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

I think undecideds break for the candidates in the same proportion as the last poll. In this case, it's essentially a tie race

Yep.. essentially a tie.

When a candidate is below 50, by definition he has lost support of several percentage point of those who voted for him previously. Those are hard voters to get back, more likely to not vote than return to him, should they write off the challenger as too unpalatable. So an incumbent that is very far below 50 has a problem. 49? Yeah, he can squeak by. But 44? Toast. He will not be able to gain back the voters in that 6+ percentage point gap. So his task is to tar up the challenger so bad that the undecideds simply don't vote (or go 3rd party).

You are a good example. Biden doesn't care that you won't vote for him. He has to make sure you don't change your mind on Trump, and either not vote or throw your vote away on a 3rd party. Either one is a win for Joe.

THATS why the Dems keep hounding Trump with one scandal after another, impeachment, J6 Cmee, state level investigations, etc…... They're targeting you, my friend. They want to keep him good & scuffed up so you won't weaken in your resolve to sit the next one out.

And it's been pretty successful so far.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Yep.. essentially a tie.

When a candidate is below 50, by definition he has lost support of several percentage point of those who voted for him previously. Those are hard voters to get back, more likely to not vote than return to him, should they write off the challenger as too unpalatable. So an incumbent that is very far below 50 has a problem. 49? Yeah, he can squeak by. But 44? Toast. He will not be able to gain back the voters in that 6+ percentage point gap. So his task is to tar up the challenger so bad that the undecideds simply don't vote (or go 3rd party).

You are a good example. Biden doesn't care that you won't vote for him. He has to make sure you don't change your mind on Trump, and either not vote or throw your vote away on a 3rd party. Either one is a win for Joe.

THATS why the Dems keep hounding Trump with one scandal after another, impeachment, J6 Cmee, state level investigations, etc…... They're targeting you, my friend. They want to keep him good & scuffed up so you won't weaken in your resolve to sit the next one out.

Trump has accomplished that, not the Dems
Sam Lowry
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Yep.. essentially a tie.

Trump has accomplished that, not the Dems
Don't blame Whiterock. He voted for Kodos.
Ursus Americanus
C. Jordan said:

Looks really good for Dems right now.

They can thank Trump and his promotion of awful candidates: Vance, Oz, and Walker, among others.
At least two of the ones you mentioned are going to win.
Cobretti
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

that would destroy any chance he has.. good gosh he is a terrible orator.

Harrison Bergeron
I don't get Fetterman. I would not vote for him to be village mayor. Oz is basically a Democrat, so I understand he may not fire up the base, but come one - we as a country should be able to do better than Fetterman.
Cobretti
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

he would fit right in up in DC..

Who else remembers the guy who was on the ethics committee that didn't pay his taxes on his rental property or didn't pay income tax on his rental property income ( cant remember)
ATL Bear
Harrison Bergeron said:

I don't get Fetterman. I would not vote for him to be village mayor. Oz is basically a Democrat, so I understand he may not fire up the base, but come one - we as a country should be able to do better than Fetterman.
The irony of the ultramagas supporting Oz but complaining about establishment and RINOs.
4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

The irony of the ultramagas supporting Oz but complaining about establishment and RINOs.
based on polling, he laggs the ultra maga vote.

Who they support? Fetterman is the Joe Biden of Bernie Sanders
Ursus Americanus
ATL Bear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I think oz is trailing because a conservative leaning voter is more likely to sit out between two bad choices than a left leaning voter, who tend to view voting with the blue team no matter what vigor if you believe social media.
4th and Inches
Ursus Americanus said:

ATL Bear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I think oz is trailing because a conservative leaning voter is more likely to sit out between two bad choices than a left leaning voter, who tend to view voting with the blue team no matter what vigor if you believe social media.
thats because those conservative voters are dumber than a box of hammers. You vote for the best of the canidates you can pick from.. Yes, dont vote for OZ in primary but absolutely vote for him against a creep like Fetterman.
4th and Inches
Vote Red: "R E D" Remove-Every-Democrat
ATL Bear
4th and Inches said:

If that we're the strategy, there are some better primary candidates that should have been supported rather than ostracized. And no, I don't mean Liz Cheney.
4th and Inches
ATL Bear said:

4th and Inches said:

If that we're the strategy, there are some better primary candidates that should have been supported rather than ostracized. And no, I don't mean Liz Cheney.
agreed. we have a dispassionate voter base as well as a mostly clueless one.

The GOP could be hammering the Dems about a half dozen things based on polling but 90% of washington GOP leadership is silent.
Osodecentx
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

They can thank Trump and his promotion of awful candidates: Vance, Oz, and Walker, among others.

I agree with you on Oz…fetterman is gonna win in PA.

But Vance is a good candidate and is gonna win Ohio.

fetterman may not make it to the election.. watch video of him, he is in bad shape. Oz is not great canidate but fetterman is terrible. If he wins, people arent paying attention or voting against Oz

Vance is gonna win Ohio.

Walker is gonna win GA.

Laxalt is leading in NV, watch that one

Johnson is -4 in WI according to FoX poll but Fox overstated WI polling by 6.5 in 2020.. this is a horse race folks

Just updating. Using 538.com projections

Fetterman remains in the lead, but race is tightening (my perception). Fetterman has 80% chance of winning

Vance continues to lead in Ohio. 72% chance of victory

Warnock narrowly ahead in GA, 538 basically says too close to call. Warnock with 52% chance of victory.

Masto over Laxalt in Nevada, but close. Masto 60% chance of victory

Johnson even with Barnes and has momentum. Johnson with 51% chance of victory.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-election-forecast/senate/

Another update. 538.com projections

Fetterman 52%-45.7. Fetterman has 82% chance of winning.

Vance 51.7-48.3. Vance has 69% chance of winning.

Warnock 49.9 - 48.5. Warnock has 55% chance of winning.

Masto 49.2-47.4. Masto has a 60% chance of winning.

Johnson 50.4-49.6. Johnson has a 55% chance of winning.

Kelly 51.5- 48.4. Kelly has 77% chance of winning.

If the above hold true, Dems pick up 1 seat.

Sam Lowry
4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

ATL Bear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

thats because those conservative voters are dumber than a box of hammers.
Hammers are definitely bucking the trend if they don't support Oz...he's projected to win 90+ percent of the tool vote.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

ATL Bear said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

thats because those conservative voters are dumber than a box of hammers.
Hammers are definitely bucking the trend if they don't support Oz...he's projected to win 90+ percent of the tool vote.
cross tabs show he has your vote and the indie vote.. he doesnt have the trumpkin vote yet.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

I agree with you on Oz…fetterman is gonna win in PA.

But Vance is a good candidate and is gonna win Ohio.

fetterman may not make it to the election.. watch video of him, he is in bad shape. Oz is not great canidate but fetterman is terrible. If he wins, people arent paying attention or voting against Oz

Vance is gonna win Ohio.

Walker is gonna win GA.

Laxalt is leading in NV, watch that one

Johnson is -4 in WI according to FoX poll but Fox overstated WI polling by 6.5 in 2020.. this is a horse race folks

Just updating. Using 538.com projections

Fetterman remains in the lead, but race is tightening (my perception). Fetterman has 80% chance of winning

Vance continues to lead in Ohio. 72% chance of victory

Warnock narrowly ahead in GA, 538 basically says too close to call. Warnock with 52% chance of victory.

Masto over Laxalt in Nevada, but close. Masto 60% chance of victory

Johnson even with Barnes and has momentum. Johnson with 51% chance of victory.

Another update. 538.com projections

Fetterman 52%-45.7. Fetterman has 82% chance of winning.

Vance 51.7-48.3. Vance has 69% chance of winning.

Warnock 49.9 - 48.5. Warnock has 55% chance of winning.

Masto 49.2-47.4. Masto has a 60% chance of winning.

Johnson 50.4-49.6. Johnson has a 55% chance of winning.

Kelly 51.5- 48.4. Kelly has 77% chance of winning.

If the above hold true, Dems pick up 1 seat.

trash..

You are welcome

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.