U.S Senate races

49,482 Views | 1187 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
whiterock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4th and Inches said:

"Per the report, GOP strategists are taking a major gamble that Trump can juice party turnout without turning off the independent voters who will be key to the party's hopes this fall."
Business insider.

Trump has a +10 with Indies while generic GOP has +4

The GOP should Get Trump to every rally they can get him to..

GOP has to unite both sections of the GOP and pull the Indies in some areas to truly get a shot at a majority in both houses

It is so hard for moderates to conceive that there actually IS a time to fight.
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

Looks really good for Dems right now.

They can thank Trump and his promotion of awful candidates: Vance, Oz, and Walker, among others.

I agree with you on Oz…fetterman is gonna win in PA.

But Vance is a good candidate and is gonna win Ohio.

fetterman may not make it to the election.. watch video of him, he is in bad shape. Oz is not great canidate but fetterman is terrible. If he wins, people arent paying attention or voting against Oz

Vance is gonna win Ohio.

Walker is gonna win GA.

Laxalt is leading in NV, watch that one

Johnson is -4 in WI according to FoX poll but Fox overstated WI polling by 6.5 in 2020.. this is a horse race folks

Just updating. Using 538.com projections

Fetterman remains in the lead, but race is tightening (my perception). Fetterman has 80% chance of winning

Vance continues to lead in Ohio. 72% chance of victory

Warnock narrowly ahead in GA, 538 basically says too close to call. Warnock with 52% chance of victory.

Masto over Laxalt in Nevada, but close. Masto 60% chance of victory

Johnson even with Barnes and has momentum. Johnson with 51% chance of victory.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-election-forecast/senate/

4th and Inches

If PA votes for that, they deserve him..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

You don't like hoodies on your senator?

He doesn't look senatorial
Osodecentx
Osodecentx said:

RCP has the Senate at 46 Democrat and 46 Republican before these races are counted.
These Senate races are rated as toss ups by Real Clear Politics. I'm counting victories for Democrats in the following states: AZ, PA, and WI. I'm giving victories to Republicans in the following states: NC, OH.
TBD in GA, NV & NH.
If Republicans can pull out the 3 TBD races, they'll have 51 votes. Republicans are in better shape today than I thought they would be.

AZ Kelly (D) is the incumbent and has been consistently ahead by 4-6percent. Kelly by 6
GA Warnock is the incumbent and has been ahead by mid-single digits. Latest poll shows a little momentum for Walker. R's need to flip this seat. Warnock by 1
NH Hassan(D) is the incumbent. The Republican primary occurs soon and the likely winner (Bolduc) trails Hassan by low single digits. No update
NC Open (currently Republican) The Republican (Budd) has led by low single digits. Budd by 0.7%
NV Masto (D) Polling has been all over the place Masto by 1.7%
PA Open (R) Democrat has been consistently ahead. Fetterman by 6.5% *Dem pick-up
WI Johnson (R ) Democrat challenger has consistently been ahead by mid single digits Barnes by 4.3% * Dem pick-up
OH- Open (R ) Republican has been consistenly ahead by low to mid single digis. Latest polling is encouraging. Vance by 3.7%

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/senate/
Updates from RCP in bold.
If RCP numbers hold, Democrats will pick up 2 seats and will have have a 4 vote margin, 52-48.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com
BearFan33
Osodecentx said:

Osodecentx said:

RCP has the Senate at 46 Democrat and 46 Republican before these races are counted.
These Senate races are rated as toss ups by Real Clear Politics. I'm counting victories for Democrats in the following states: AZ, PA, and WI. I'm giving victories to Republicans in the following states: NC, OH.
TBD in GA, NV & NH.
If Republicans can pull out the 3 TBD races, they'll have 51 votes. Republicans are in better shape today than I thought they would be.

AZ Kelly (D) is the incumbent and has been consistently ahead by 4-6percent. Kelly by 6
GA Warnock is the incumbent and has been ahead by mid-single digits. Latest poll shows a little momentum for Walker. R's need to flip this seat. Warnock by 1
NH Hassan(D) is the incumbent. The Republican primary occurs soon and the likely winner (Bolduc) trails Hassan by low single digits. No update
NC Open (currently Republican) The Republican (Budd) has led by low single digits. Budd by 0.7%
PA Open (R) Democrat has been consistently ahead. Fetterman by 6.5% *Dem pick-up
WI Johnson (R ) Democrat challenger has consistently been ahead by mid single digits Barnes by 4.3% * Dem pick-up
OH- Open (R ) Republican has been consistenly ahead by low to mid single digis. Latest polling is encouraging. Vance by 3.7%

If RCP numbers hold, Democrats will pick up 2 seats and will have have a 4 vote margin, 52-48.

I'd have to think they cleaned up Georgia a bunch with the new law and Kemp and Ratsenburger on the ticket.
Osodecentx
BearFan33 said:

Osodecentx said:

Osodecentx said:

TBD in GA, NV & NH.

I'd have to think they cleaned up Georgia a bunch with the new law and Kemp and Ratsenburger on the ticket.
Walker seems to have momentum lately
Wrecks Quan Dough
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Pretty articulate though.
Osodecentx
He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

It says something
Canada2017
4th and Inches said:

PA will 'vote' for him.

And we all will continue to get what we deserve .
4th and Inches
He Hate Me said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

a poor mans basement dummy starter kit..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches

–Horace

4th and Inches

–Horace

Ursus Americanus
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

They can thank Trump and his promotion of awful candidates: Vance, Oz, and Walker, among others.

fetterman may not make it to the election.. watch video of him, he is in bad shape. Oz is not great canidate but fetterman is terrible. If he wins, people arent paying attention or voting against Oz Fetterman is bad, Oz is worse. Republicans lose a seat.

Vance is gonna win Ohio.I hope so, I like him. If he wins, Republicans hold a seat they have

Walker is gonna win GA. Nope, Republicans really need to pick up a seat somewhere. I thought this would be easy

Laxalt is leading in NV, watch that one. I think you're right. Republicans flip a seat.

Johnson is -4 in WI according to FoX poll but Fox overstated WI polling by 6.5 in 2020.. this is a horse race folks. I hope you're right. If you are right, Republicans hold a seat.

Republicans have a decent shot to pick up that Nevada senate seat. I thought we would pick up Arizona until Trump endorsed a loser.

If everything goes right, Republicanshave 50 senators. BTW, Ohio and Wisconsin are a problem.

Advantage Schumer
even 538 shows Walker leading in GA.. dont get so down on this one yet.

Dont look at any driveby media polls, they are done for news and have a really bad track record. They are over sampling Dems consistently.

OZ is gaining ground.. same pollster had him down 2.6% a month ago
Sure hope you're right

The Republicans have a six point lead in the generic national ballot and Biden is below 40 percent in approval rating ,the MSM narrative really doesn't add up.
4th and Inches
Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

fetterman may not make it to the election.. watch video of him, he is in bad shape. Oz is not great canidate but fetterman is terrible. If he wins, people arent paying attention or voting against Oz Fetterman is bad, Oz is worse. Republicans lose a seat.

Vance is gonna win Ohio.I hope so, I like him. If he wins, Republicans hold a seat they have

Walker is gonna win GA. Nope, Republicans really need to pick up a seat somewhere. I thought this would be easy

Laxalt is leading in NV, watch that one. I think you're right. Republicans flip a seat.

Johnson is -4 in WI according to FoX poll but Fox overstated WI polling by 6.5 in 2020.. this is a horse race folks. I hope you're right. If you are right, Republicans hold a seat.

Republicans have a decent shot to pick up that Nevada senate seat. I thought we would pick up Arizona until Trump endorsed a loser.

If everything goes right, Republicanshave 50 senators. BTW, Ohio and Wisconsin are a problem.

Advantage Schumer

Dont look at any driveby media polls, they are done for news and have a really bad track record. They are over sampling Dems consistently.

Sure hope you're right

The Republicans have a six point lead in the generic national ballot and Biden is below 40 percent in approval rating ,the MSM narrative really doesn't add up.
OZ is down in the GOP vote.. He has to unite that voter block. The indies are behind him already.

Fetterman is losing ground, he had 50% at one point but is polling at 44% now(same as the generic), thats very beatable
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

fetterman may not make it to the election.. watch video of him, he is in bad shape. Oz is not great canidate but fetterman is terrible. If he wins, people arent paying attention or voting against Oz

Vance is gonna win Ohio.

Walker is gonna win GA.

Laxalt is leading in NV, watch that one

Johnson is -4 in WI according to FoX poll but Fox overstated WI polling by 6.5 in 2020.. this is a horse race folks

Just updating. Using 538.com projections

Fetterman remains in the lead, but race is tightening (my perception). Fetterman has 80% chance of winning

Vance continues to lead in Ohio. 72% chance of victory

Warnock narrowly ahead in GA, 538 basically says too close to call. Warnock with 52% chance of victory.

Masto over Laxalt in Nevada, but close. Masto 60% chance of victory

Johnson even with Barnes and has momentum. Johnson with 51% chance of victory.

and if that holds true to the end, it's a 50-50 Senate.

What will most likely change is the GA race. Walker will beat Warnock.

4th and Inches
A whopping 60% of white Democrats attribute Hispanics voting Republican to "disinformation." The view is shared by:

63% of self-described liberals
61% of Biden voters
57% of MSNBC viewers
54% of CNN viewers

Do they think we're stupid or gullible?
whiterock
4th and Inches said:

A whopping 60% of white Democrats attribute Hispanics voting Republican to "disinformation." The view is shared by:

61% of Biden voters
57% of MSNBC viewers
54% of CNN viewers

...betrays the soft bigotry of the left, whose worldview is premised with a number of dehumanizing premises: minorities are simply not smart enough to perceive what is happening around them, unable to summon the courage to stand up for themselves, not smart enough to know how to get an ID, not capable of organizing their schedule to leave time to vote....
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

4th and Inches said:

61% of Biden voters
57% of MSNBC viewers
54% of CNN viewers

...betrays the soft bigotry of the left, whose worldview is premised with a number of dehumanizing premises: minorities are simply not smart enough to perceive what is happening around them, unable to summon the courage to stand up for themselves, not smart enough to know how to get an ID, not capable of organizing their schedule to leave time to vote....

There is no soft bigotry on the Left…it's hard bigotry.

White liberals are racist against non-Whites who don't vote the way they are supposed to.

But White liberals are even racist against other whites just for being white.

["Starting about 2016 ... white liberals actually rate non-white groups more positively than they do whites," explained Engelhardt. "Usually, it's the opposite."

Most racial groups feel more warmly about their own race than they do about other races. That's true for every group, except white liberals, according to the American National Election Studies.]

4th and Inches
Possible GOP flip?

whiterock
4th and Inches said:

Possible GOP flip?

He's toast, if he even bothers to run again. Dems are defending 20-something seats in 2024. GOP could clear the 60-seat threshold.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Oz will beat Hoodie Man.
muddybrazos
He Hate Me said:

Oz will beat Hoodie Man.
He should bc Hoodie man is just a Penn version of beto. A rich Harvard guy who's never worked a day in his life that is trying to act like he's for the working man.
4th and Inches
muddybrazos said:

He Hate Me said:

Oz will beat Hoodie Man.
He should bc Hoodie man is just a Penn version of beto. A rich Harvard guy who's never worked a day in his life that is trying to act like he's for the working man.
Beto could win in PA.. He has no shot in TX
Married A Horn
4th and Inches said:

muddybrazos said:

He Hate Me said:

Oz will beat Hoodie Man.
Beto could win in PA.. He has no shot in TX

Would he need to change his fake ethnicity to Italian there?
Married A Horn

Hutto Hippo
Trinity Trojan
4th and Inches
Ursus Americanus
4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

Advantage Schumer

Sure hope you're right

OZ is down in the GOP vote.. He has to unite that voter block. The indies are behind him already.

Fetterman is losing ground, he had 50% at one point but is polling at 44% now(same as the generic), thats very beatable
In 2018 on average polls over sampled Dems by 4 percent.
Osodecentx
Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

Advantage Schumer

Sure hope you're right

Link?
Ursus Americanus
Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

Advantage Schumer

Sure hope you're right

Link?
4th and Inches
Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

Advantage Schumer

Sure hope you're right

Link?

you also have to look at the gap between registration of dem and gop in PA, it has closed considerably since 2018. The over statement could be even further off.
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Advantage Schumer

Sure hope you're right

Link?
That's typical. AP referred to it in a post a few days ago....most public polling firms work hard to keep races competitive and publish polls on universes that they privately know are not likely to vote. News media polls are the worst about that. They could care less about being "right" in September. They want to create an exciting narrative about hotly contested races. It helps fundraising for candidates. I helps ratings for networks. Which helps ad rates, for networks, who are selling ads to campaigns, in an election year..... (self-feeding ecosystem). Yet, those dodgey polls get included in 530 and RCP averages anyway. because 538 and RCP are publishers who need enough polls to have a credible average. And they really are only concerned with being right at the end. Until then, they have to sell ads, too.....

About 5 days before election, the media polls will usually "tighten." In reality, they are merely moving to move to where the pollsters really think the races will go, so that they can talk later about how accurate they were. All they have to do is be within the margin of error. All of it it's not so much about partisanship as it is about business. Doesn't matter how accurate you are in September. In September, it's more about keeping news interest in the races by keeping them competitive, about currying favor with electeds by not shutting off their fundraising with gloomy polls. And some of those firms have political clients, so there is some partisan business going on.

Johnson is a great example. At this point in his 2016 race, SRCC pulled their ads. 9 points out. He was deemed non-competitive. Then, about two weeks out, the SRCC jumped back in big. They saw movement and wanted to help out. He won comfortably. He always polls terribly. And always closes well. He should win. It's a much better environment for him than 2016 and he's running 7 points better at this point than he did in 2016.

So 538 and RCP are still lagging the polls, and will do so all the way to the end. It's just the methodology of the averages. If you want to actually get a snapshot of where the races are TODAY, watch the GOP independent polls - Trafalgar, Insider Advantage, Rasmussen, Rich Baris, Tipp/IBD...... Average out those five and you'll be closer to where the race really is, and where the averages and other polling firms will be going.

GOP Senate could end up +3-4 range. Very easily. +1 seems pretty safe.
4th and Inches
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Advantage Schumer

Sure hope you're right

Link?
That's typical. AP referred to it in a post a few days ago....most public polling firms work hard to keep races competitive and publish polls on universes that they privately know are not likely to vote. News media polls are the worst about that. They could care less about being "right" in September. They want to create an exciting narrative about hotly contested races. It helps fundraising for candidates. I helps ratings for networks. Which helps ad rates, for networks, who are selling ads to campaigns, in an election year..... (self-feeding ecosystem). Yet, those dodgey polls get included in 530 and RCP averages anyway. because 538 and RCP are publishers who need enough polls to have a credible average. And they really are only concerned with being right at the end. Until then, they have to sell ads, too.....

About 5 days before election, the media polls will usually "tighten." In reality, they are merely moving to move to where the pollsters really think the races will go, so that they can talk later about how accurate they were. All they have to do is be within the margin of error. All of it it's not so much about partisanship as it is about business. Doesn't matter how accurate you are in September. In September, it's more about keeping news interest in the races by keeping them competitive, about currying favor with electeds by not shutting off their fundraising with gloomy polls. And some of those firms have political clients, so there is some partisan business going on.

Johnson is a great example. At this point in his 2016 race, SRCC pulled their ads. 9 points out. He was deemed non-competitive. Then, about two weeks out, the SRCC jumped back in big. They saw movement and wanted to help out. He won comfortably. He always polls terribly. And always closes well. He should win. It's a much better environment for him than 2016 and he's running 7 points better at this point than he did in 2016.

So 538 and RCP are still lagging the polls, and will do so all the way to the end. It's just the methodology of the averages. If you want to actually get a snapshot of where the races are TODAY, watch the GOP independent polls - Trafalgar, Insider Advantage, Rasmussen, Rich Baris, Tipp/IBD...... Average out those five and you'll be closer to where the race really is, and where the averages and other polling firms will be going.

it's most people don't know how to poll his state. Barris has a whole commentary on this..
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Advantage Schumer

Sure hope you're right

Link?

I'd take it gladly
Osodecentx
Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

Ursus Americanus said:

4th and Inches said:

Ursus Americanus said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

Redbrickbear said:

C. Jordan said:

Advantage Schumer

Sure hope you're right

Link?

Thanks
ATL Bear
Cobretti said:

The Bill Belichick wardrobe approach to the Senate. Bold move. Wonder if he'll do the hoodie thing when he hits DC?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.