U.S Senate races

49,720 Views | 1187 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Osodecentx
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

There are two ways to guarantee we lose the White House in 2024:

1. Bank everything on supporting Trump
2. Alienate Trump supporters with endless attacks on Trump
Exactly right. I've been saying it for years, but the party can be a bigger tent. The old school Repubs and neocons have much more in common with MAGA than they do with the Dems, and there is room for populism and pugilism in the party. As much as they despise Trump, he has expanded the base, brought in conservative blue collar workers, and a Hispanic element to the voting block that really didn't exist before. If the MAGAs and Trump sycophants could let go of their absurd devotion to Trump, and embrace DeSantis, that is someone we could all get behind.

The Dems have absolutely nothing to offer the American people. They've gone completely woke to the point of absurdity. They have alienated moderates and blue dog democrats with their policies. They have literally done nothing right for the last year and a half. Every policy has been a disaster. There is no reason the next election should not be ripe for the taking, if they choose the right candidate (not Trump).I
I disagree on the old school republicans (which I basically am) and commonality with MAGA. Us, old school republicans have ZERO in common with the MAGA crazies!
I am with you. I am a Reagan/Bush #1 Republican and I have very little in common with MAGA's today.

Bush #2, good guy. But I always felt Rumsfelt and Cheney ran the Nation, I do not like them...
Mothra
J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Exactly right. I've been saying it for years, but the party can be a bigger tent. The old school Repubs and neocons have much more in common with MAGA than they do with the Dems, and there is room for populism and pugilism in the party. As much as they despise Trump, he has expanded the base, brought in conservative blue collar workers, and a Hispanic element to the voting block that really didn't exist before. If the MAGAs and Trump sycophants could let go of their absurd devotion to Trump, and embrace DeSantis, that is someone we could all get behind.

The Dems have absolutely nothing to offer the American people. They've gone completely woke to the point of absurdity. They have alienated moderates and blue dog democrats with their policies. They have literally done nothing right for the last year and a half. Every policy has been a disaster. There is no reason the next election should not be ripe for the taking, if they choose the right candidate (not Trump).I
I disagree on the old school republicans (which I basically am) and commonality with MAGA. Us, old school republicans have ZERO in common with the MAGA crazies!
A few things...

You have advised us that you are socially liberal. That is not an old school Republican. Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, etc. - none were socially liberal.

You are wrong that MAGA has nothing in common with Republicans. Regardless of what you think about MAGA, fiscally you share much more in common with MAGA than today's Democrat party. They also share a lot more in common with old school Republicans (not you) on social policy.

Harrison Bergeron
RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

I am with you. I am a Reagan/Bush #1 Republican and I have very little in common with MAGA's today.

Bush #2, good guy. But I always felt Rumsfelt and Cheney ran the Nation, I do not like them...
I've posted other places - I'm not even sure what MAGA means in terms of policy ... directionally I liked most of what Trump did policy-wise as president. I don't know if that makes me a MAGA or not ... seems like MAGA today is more like 70s Democrats than Republicans.
4th and Inches
Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

I've posted other places - I'm not even sure what MAGA means in terms of policy ... directionally I liked most of what Trump did policy-wise as president. I don't know if that makes me a MAGA or not ... seems like MAGA today is more like 70s Democrats than Republicans.
according to Dems MAGA is anything they dont like

According to GOP, MAGA is anything they dont like that wouldnt be classified as Dem.

According to Trumpkins, its anything that Makes America Great Again.

Kari Lake had a great list of what MAGA was.. I will see if I can find it.

Most people would not be against what is on the list.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
sombear
4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

According to GOP, MAGA is anything they dont like that wouldnt be classified as Dem.

Agree. The policies by and large are not the problem. It's all the ancillary BS that comes with it.
Oldbear83
sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Agree. The policies by and large are not the problem. It's all the ancillary BS that comes with it.
Which brings me back to the massage. Replace Trump, not the policies which worked.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Which brings me back to the massage. Replace Trump, not the policies which worked.

So we are back around to this huh? I agree with you,but you don't me agreeing, I am a pyryah. As bad as Trunp in some circles! If I agree, you need to recheck your thoughts...
Oldbear83
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

So we are back around to this huh? I agree with you,but you don't me agreeing, I am a pyryah. As bad as Trunp in some circles! If I agree, you need to recheck your thoughts...
Hmmm .. what's a "pyryah"?
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Damn phone.

Spelling challenged Piriah...
Oldbear83
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Damn phone.

Did you mean 'pariah'?

FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Damn phone.

Did you mean 'pariah'?

Yes, did you get the spelling challenged... Typing on phone on go does not always result in exactness. I don't know why the first spelling showed that way? The second was on purpose.
Oldbear83
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Damn phone.

Did you mean 'pariah'?

Yes, did you get the spelling challenged... Typing on phone on go does not always result in exactness. I don't know why the first spelling showed that way? The second was on purpose.
OK, seriously was not sure.

FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Damn phone.

Did you mean 'pariah'?

Not a big deal, I can't do anything right on message board today...
Proper end to a perfect day.
Oldbear83
RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Damn phone.

Did you mean 'pariah'?

No worries, today was a unique day for me too. Almost like a Twilight Zone episode, may write about it
sometime.

Thanks for your good humor RMF..
FLBear5630
Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

RMF5630 said:

Oldbear83 said:

sombear said:

4th and Inches said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Damn phone.

Did you mean 'pariah'?

No worries, today was a unique day for me too. Almost like a Twilight Zone episode, may write about it
sometime.

Thanks for your good humor RMF..

No ***** Today was like a Bizzaro world episode. Must be a full moon...
whiterock
Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

You have advised us that you are socially liberal. That is not an old school Republican. Reagan, Bush I, Bush II, etc. - none were socially liberal.

You are wrong that MAGA has nothing in common with Republicans. Regardless of what you think about MAGA, fiscally you share much more in common with MAGA than today's Democrat party. They also share a lot more in common with old school Republicans (not you) on social policy.

MAGA 25-35% of the GOP base, and has always been around.

JR is just embarrassed to have to caucus with them.

Democrats tend to be able to put such vanities aside and work together. But moderate Republicans? Ironically, they can be some of the least pragmatic people on the planet, when it comes to compromising within their own team.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

Democrats tend to be able to put such vanities aside and work together. But moderate Republicans? Ironically, they can be some of the least pragmatic people on the planet, when it comes to compromising within their own team.
We are on the same page here! I marvel at how Dems can see the forest no matter what the trees are doing! Abrams, Shumar, Pelosi are great at keeping the herd moving in the same direction. GOP could learn alot from the organizational structure and theory!
Mothra
whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

Yup. If this board is any indication, the Never Trumpers would rather see the house burn to the ground than cast a vote for pragmatism and the lesser of the evils.

Conservatives can be a strange lot.
Married A Horn
Principles over party? The other side certainly cant say that.
FLBear5630
Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

Yup. If this board is any indication, the Never Trumpers would rather see the house burn to the ground than cast a vote for pragmatism and the lesser of the evils.

This is what scares me the most. The "Nero Effect", Trump will fiddle as the GOP burns.
Harrison Bergeron
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

We are on the same page here! I marvel at how Dems can see the forest no matter what the trees are doing! Abrams, Shumar, Pelosi are great at keeping the herd moving in the same direction. GOP could learn alot from the organizational structure and theory!
The key is for Democrats it always has been about power. That's the only thing that matters. Everything else is a distraction. Republicans are more principled, so they're always in-fighting. Maybe there are no more moderate Dems, but can anyone find an example of a moderate Dem speaking out against the extremists? Probably not. For them, it is a fundamentalist religious crusade - nothing else matters but power.
Harrison Bergeron
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/warnock-ex-wife-asks-court-compel-pastor-child-custody-questioning

Warnock really seems like a stand-up guy ...
1. Sexual abuse allegations at a kids camp
2. Evicting poor African Americans
3. Tries to kill his wife
4. Refuses child support

But it's okay to mock a black man's intelligence and speech if he's a Republican.
whiterock
Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

The key is for Democrats it always has been about power. That's the only thing that matters. Everything else is a distraction. Republicans are more principled, so they're always in-fighting. Maybe there are no more moderate Dems, but can anyone find an example of a moderate Dem speaking out against the extremists? Probably not. For them, it is a fundamentalist religious crusade - nothing else matters but power.
I've said many times here: "when you get to the right pole in the GOP, you'd don't find Nazis or KKK members or any other leftist trope about conservatism. You find Ron Paul."

Conservatism is, at its core, libertarianism, so the further right you go, the more libertarian things get. And the more libertarian things get, the harder it is to caucus. How does someone dedicated to individualism join with others to cooperate toward a common goal? I mean, a personal right to bear is a PERSONAL right, is it not? The right to free speech means, FREE speech, does it not? We form government to protect life, liberty, and property, do we not....so how on earth could we possibly engage in social contract without protecting ALL life, from conception to natural death? and on and on an on.... They are correct that these are fundamental philosophical questions which are intrinsically binary in nature. One either believes them or not.

The enemy to the libertarian is social contract itself.

whiterock
RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

This is what scares me the most. The "Nero Effect", Trump will fiddle as the GOP burns.
Does that really stand the reason? Does the man not benefit from a robust GOP? Is he not harmed by a divided, weakened GOP? Has he not powerful incentive to heal and build the party stronger? Yeah, he took some shots at McConnell. Justified. McConnell is the bigger part of the failure to take the Senate, yet blamed others. But note that Trump supported McCarthy for speaker last week, stifling some of the more vocal Maga-heads to avoid a forlorn hope challenge that would only have divided a narrow majority. Trump can and does "play ball."

It is the neverTrumper who wants to see things burn..... They say it in subject-verb-object sentences. They toss bombs at targets every day then blame the targets when they catch fire. They get reasoned into a corner, then extricate themselves with the one-word post: "NeverTrump!" as though the moral purpose of their destructiveness (which furthers agendas they claim to oppose) is so profound that the non-sequitur matters not. They're like the Red Priestesses in Game of Thrones. They have elevated their error to identity, so they build the pyres ever bigger. The wronger they get, the nobler the fires become.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

I've said many times here: "when you get to the right pole in the GOP, you'd don't find Nazis or KKK members or any other leftist trope about conservatism. You find Ron Paul."

Conservatism is, at its core, libertarianism, so the further right you go, the more libertarian things get. And the more libertarian things get, the harder it is to caucus. How does someone dedicated to individualism join with others to cooperate toward a common goal? I mean, a personal right to bear is a PERSONAL right, is it not? The right to free speech means, FREE speech, does it not? We form government to protect life, liberty, and property, do we not....so how on earth could we possibly engage in social contract without protecting ALL life, from conception to natural death? and on and on an on.... They are correct that these are fundamental philosophical questions which are intrinsically binary in nature. One either believes them or not.

The enemy to the libertarian is social contract itself.

I disagree. To a point, it is more libertarian. You go too far right and you move right through libertarian and get fascist and tyrannical. Gorsuch's Libertarian, I have no issue with.
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

You've said it many times, and it still isn't remotely true.
Married A Horn
You've said 'Debunked' many times - hasnt been true yet.
Harrison Bergeron
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

Does that really stand the reason? Does the man not benefit from a robust GOP? Is he not harmed by a divided, weakened GOP? Has he not powerful incentive to heal and build the party stronger? Yeah, he took some shots at McConnell. Justified. McConnell is the bigger part of the failure to take the Senate, yet blamed others. But note that Trump supported McCarthy for speaker last week, stifling some of the more vocal Maga-heads to avoid a forlorn hope challenge that would only have divided a narrow majority. Trump can and does "play ball."

It is the neverTrumper who wants to see things burn..... They say it in subject-verb-object sentences. They toss bombs at targets every day then blame the targets when they catch fire. They get reasoned into a corner, then extricate themselves with the one-word post: "NeverTrump!" as though the moral purpose of their destructiveness (which furthers agendas they claim to oppose) is so profound that the non-sequitur matters not. They're like the Red Priestesses in Game of Thrones. They have elevated their error to identity, so they build the pyres ever bigger. The wronger they get, the nobler the fires become.
You are correct. The missing link is Trump does not see it that way. It is all about him. McConnell funded candidates while Trump largely did not. Trump just launches undisciplined grenades anytime he gets his feathers ruffled. That's fine usually if directed at Democrats, but he launches more friendly fire than anything. There is some level of behind closed doors, private meeting work that has to be done ... not every grievance needs to be a twatter tirade.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

with every post you demonstrate how out of touch you truly are.
Osodecentx
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

Trump wants your money. You sent him $100 million and he spent less than 10 on his candidates.
Just to recap, Trump recruits 5 losing candidates for the US Senate and that's McConnell;ll's fault? McConnell raises and spends more than $250 million trying to drag the Dear Leader's recruits across the finish line & and they were bad candidates, but that is McConn ell's fault?

When do you take ownership? (I know Trump won't, but you'll believe him until he loses in 2024)
Osodecentx
Harrison Bergeron said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

You are correct. The missing link is Trump does not see it that way. It is all about him. McConnell funded candidates while Trump largely did not. Trump just launches undisciplined grenades anytime he gets his feathers ruffled. That's fine usually if directed at Democrats, but he launches more friendly fire than anything. There is some level of behind closed doors, private meeting work that has to be done ... not every grievance needs to be a twatter tirade.
Good post
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

Keep on gaslighting. It's been working great so far.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

A few things...

Keep on Try gaslighting. It's been working great so far.a favorite of mine for months now.
Corrected.
whiterock
Osodecentx said:

whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

Mothra said:

whiterock said:

Mothra said:

J.R. said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83There are two ways to guarantee we lose the White House in 2024:

A few things...

Trump wants your money. You sent him $100 million and he spent less than 10 on his candidates.
Just to recap, Trump recruits 5 losing candidates for the US Senate and that's McConnell;ll's fault? McConnell raises and spends more than $250 million trying to drag the Dear Leader's recruits across the finish line & and they were bad candidates, but that is McConn ell's fault?

When do you take ownership? (I know Trump won't, but you'll believe him until he loses in 2024)
Yet again we see the neverTrumper rule change to fit their needs. Trump was/is running for president, in what will be a billion dollar campaign. ALL candidates do what he did....raise money during campaign season. How much money did DeSantis donate? How much money was donated by Pence, or Pompeo, or Haley, etc....? How many candidates preparing to run for office have given away substantial portions of their campaign funds to support other candidates? (not many). That he gave away millions should be to his credit, not his deficit. The idea that it was his responsibility to fund GOP candidates in 9 hotly contested Senate races and an equal number of Gov races is amusingly preposterous.

Same for history. He did not "recruit" any candidates." He did what any responsible leader should do - let primaries run for a bit until it was clear which candidate appeared to be the strongest, and then he endorsed to clear the field. (Just as he did with DeSantis and others. Just as Obama did with Biden). He in fact received at that time some criticism for jumping in front of the band....waiting to pick obvious winners rather than a more principled approach. (again, the ever-so convenient neverTrumper double standard....) The overall record of Turmp's endorsements is highly impressive - and include many now being proposed as better alternatives, to include DeSantis and Youngkin. But rather than drone on, I'l quote Spectator, who summed up the duplicity of the neverTrumper narrative quite nicely:

"The official narrative of the election is meant to drive the right to suicide. Democrats, NeverTrump ex-Republicans, and critics of the populist right who remain in the GOP have all blamed Trump voters for the party's failure to take the Senate and claim a commanding margin in the House. Donald Trump himself was not on the ballot, but he made endorsements, and voters who followed those endorsements chose weak candidates, the story goes.

The anti-right narrative is a remarkable thing: when a candidate Trump supported lost, like Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania, it was Trump's fault; when a candidate Trump opposed lost, like Joe O'Dea in Colorado, it was Trump's fault. When a candidate Trump supported won, such as J.D. Vance in Ohio, pundits discounted the victory; when a candidate Trump opposed won, such as Brian Kemp in Georgia, the same pundits found it enormously significant. Ron DeSantis's nearly 20-point margin of victory in Florida, a big win for the right, was mostly hyped as a defeat for Trump, even though Florida is Trump's home base.
" (and to that I would add, even though DeSantis was EXACTLY the kind of candidate Trump is now being criticized for endorsing.)

We have to fix the problems. The REAL problems. Official RNC narrative is, as sombear has noted, "we hit all our metrics." If so, and we lost, doesn't that indicate a flawed plan by the RNC? If we accept the narrative that Trump alone is responsible for last Tuesday, in the face of a mountain of evidence to the contrary, then the real problems slumber on into 2024 to encumber whoever the nominee might be. So, again, we see that one of the bigger parts of the "problem" are the neverTrumpers, who will scorch their own underwear to destroy the object of their rage, engaging in precisely the kind of behavior they claim renders others unfit, while the party drifts further and further behind Democrat GOTV efforts under newer/looser election laws. The Democrats got a slobbering imbecilic Bernie-bro elected in PA, while we failed to get Paul Laxalt, a former statewide elected offiicial in NV who is the son of TWO former GOP Senators and grandson of another GOP Senator who was the best friend of one Ronald Wilson Reagan. And we have people telling us Trump is responsible.

Such is beyond unserious.
nein51
As long as Trump is around the Republicans are in trouble. It's really that simple.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.