Culture and Society 2023

67,062 Views | 1157 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Harrison Bergeron
The might be the worst of the hysterical, uber-privileged Karens who think twatter is their personal pedestal to preach disinformation.
Jack Bauer
some people will go to great lengths to avoid a treadmill...

Jack Bauer
So glad he recorded this on his phone as the 15M people watching the game on TV wouldn't have known...

Jack Bauer
That moment when you regret flying Spirit Airlines...

Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

That moment when you regret flying Spirit Airlines...

At least we know it was the white guy in khakis fault.
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
Thank God we have celebrities and social media...

Jack Bauer
This man killed members of the Taliban...how has he dissolved into this uber-beta male..

And how much longer do they have to "tell their story"...5-10 more years of this?

cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

ERs in some cities have always been packed. Well before Covid. Other than a few areas seeing surges right now they are not packed with covid cases.

Edit- who is she that she is deserving of check mark and thinks people care what she says? I don't think I have heard of her.
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

some people will go to great lengths to avoid a treadmill...

There have always been fat people. Usually it was rich rulers for thousands of years but there are plenty of historical examples of fat people (of all cultures/civilizations).

If White people didn't go eventually the Chinese would have gone out exploring and the spice trade would have still taken off.

At the time Europe started exploring the world the Chinese were doing the same in the Pacific and even sent ships to the Americas. If Europe was content on staying in Europe it just would have made the Chinese the first explorers and the Europeans would have been playing catch up.

This is just an example of someone too stupid to understand history and that if X group didn't do something first there would have eventually been another group that would have done it somewhere else.
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

I feel like I have seen her name before but can't place her and don't really care.

With that said why is she mad at the NFL? Other than the injury dominating the news this week and the people going back and forth about the playoff issue of not having that game I don't get why she is mad.
Harrison Bergeron
cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

I feel like I have seen her name before but can't place her and don't really care.

With that said why is she mad at the NFL? Other than the injury dominating the news this week and the people going back and forth about the playoff issue of not having that game I don't get why she is mad.
She is known only for getting buck naked in Alan Thicke's son's one hit wonder.

No idea what the NFL did to her.
Jack Bauer
cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

Why she is famous:
1) she is really, really, hot
2) end of list
Jack Bauer
White women's heads exploding over the intersectionality!!!

Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Bleks vs. Mexicans ... ****ting getting real. The twitter comments are hilarious. I guess Shifty Schiff was right and Musk is allowing more "hate speech."

At the end of the day, the massive illegal immigration hurts bleks the most - that might finally help them wake up that they've been slaves to the Democrat Party since 1860.

If that lady was white it would be regressive media hysterics 24/7 and an FBI investigation of "white supremacy."

I thought Chicago was a "sanctuary city?" Surely that's not just virtue signaling.
whitetrash
Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

Bleks vs. Mexicans ... ****ting getting real. The twitter comments are hilarious. I guess Shifty Schiff was right and Musk is allowing more "hate speech."

At the end of the day, the massive illegal immigration hurts bleks the most - that might finally help them wake up that they've been slaves to the Democrat Party since 1860.

If that lady was white it would be regressive media hysterics 24/7 and an FBI investigation of "white supremacy."

I thought Chicago was a "sanctuary city?" Surely that's not just virtue signaling.
Helter Skelter!!

Ol' Charlie M. called it, just 54 years too soon.
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

Why she is famous:
1) she is really, really, hot
2) end of list
Based on her pic in that twitter I would say meh.
cowboycwr
Harrison Bergeron said:

Jack Bauer said:

It will be fun to watch how they change their song from Whitey to Hispanic as Hispanics become the dominant majority in most states and eventually the US. I'm sure they will still claim whitey has too much power or something.
Jack Bauer
Let's make the worst take on the Damar Hamlin story....

Oldbear83
Jack Bauer said:

About that, I have a thought.

I don't talk much about my father, but he played 2 years for the Washington Redskins, as a Defensive Lineman. Was never a star or standout, and like many athletes he went on with his life after football. In my dad's case, he became an engineer building Petrochemical refineries.

But even those couple years took a toll. My dad needed hip replacement and by the time he was 61, he could not walk without pain and rarely got out of chair. He lived to be 82, but the last three decades were spent in some degree of constant pain.

My dad played college/pro in the 1940s and sports medicine in those days was far from where we are now. But my point is that there is a cost to Sports, different for everyone but always to be considered. During my years as an official I saw a fair number of injuries on-field, not all of which immediately explainable. From inflatable casts to AEDs and staff improvements to include EMTs and doctors on scene of games, medicine has made impressive growth but there is still so much left to do.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

This is the Onion right?
WacoKelly83
FormerFlash
Jack Bauer said:

It is so cringy watching this 50 year old woman who lies and pretends to be in her late 20's/early 30's use terms like "lowkey goated" and "the vibe" in her tweets.

You're an awful person. Just go away quietly.
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron
It's pretty scary when people start getting fired not for what they do but for thoughts they may have. The Gaystapo's power to bully the entire world should scare everyone.
Harrison Bergeron
https://nypost.com/2023/01/08/hamline-university-professor-fired-for-showing-images-of-muhammad/

A Minnesota liberal arts professor who was allegedly fired after showing students images of Muhammad in a class about Islamic art warned students about the works in the syllabus.

Erika Lopez Prater, an adjunct professor at Hamline University, issued a syllabus warning students that the class would contain images of holy figures, including the prophet Muhammad and the Buddha, according to a New York Times report Sunday. Students were told they could contact her with any concerns about the course material, but none did, according to the report.

Prater also reportedly warned students that a painting containing an image of Muhammad was going to be displayed a few minutes ahead of time, giving anyone who might be offended by such imagery an opportunity to leave the classroom.

Despite the multiple warnings, a senior student in the class later complained to administrators about the imagery and picked up support from Muslim students who were not in the class, resulting in Prater not being welcomed back to the school and setting off national controversy surrounding academic freedom.

Hamline University President Fayneese Miller penned a letter to students last month apologizing for the incident, arguing that not offending the school's Muslim students was more important than academic freedom.

"It is not our intent to place blame; rather, it is our intent to note that in the classroom incidentwhere an image forbidden for Muslims to look upon was projected on a screen and left for many minutesrespect for the observant Muslim students in that classroom should have superseded academic freedom," Miller said in the letter.
muddybrazos
Jack Bauer said:

If you have a trany CEO then you should kinda know going in what the corporate culture is gonna be like.
Jack Bauer
muddybrazos said:

Jack Bauer said:

If you have a trany CEO then you should kinda know going in what the corporate culture is gonna be like.
Two different people, two different companies.
GrowlTowel
Harrison Bergeron said:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/08/hamline-university-professor-fired-for-showing-images-of-muhammad/

A Minnesota liberal arts professor who was allegedly fired after showing students images of Muhammad in a class about Islamic art warned students about the works in the syllabus.

Erika Lopez Prater, an adjunct professor at Hamline University, issued a syllabus warning students that the class would contain images of holy figures, including the prophet Muhammad and the Buddha, according to a New York Times report Sunday. Students were told they could contact her with any concerns about the course material, but none did, according to the report.

Prater also reportedly warned students that a painting containing an image of Muhammad was going to be displayed a few minutes ahead of time, giving anyone who might be offended by such imagery an opportunity to leave the classroom.

Despite the multiple warnings, a senior student in the class later complained to administrators about the imagery and picked up support from Muslim students who were not in the class, resulting in Prater not being welcomed back to the school and setting off national controversy surrounding academic freedom.

Hamline University President Fayneese Miller penned a letter to students last month apologizing for the incident, arguing that not offending the school's Muslim students was more important than academic freedom.

"It is not our intent to place blame; rather, it is our intent to note that in the classroom incidentwhere an image forbidden for Muslims to look upon was projected on a screen and left for many minutesrespect for the observant Muslim students in that classroom should have superseded academic freedom," Miller said in the letter.
Go to the twin cities and you will hear the call to arms / prayer several times a day.
Feel The Floyd

Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron
Not that we needed a reminder that social work is a pointless university department:
https://nypost.com/2023/01/11/usc-will-no-longer-use-the-word-field-over-racist-origin/

The University of Southern California's school of social work will no longer use the word "field" in its curriculum, saying it may have racist "connotations."

USC's Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work said the change was critical to support anti-racist social work and inclusivity.

The department specifically decided to remove the word "field" from its curriculum and replace it with "practicum," according to the letter, which was dated Jan. 9 and shared to Twitter.

"This change supports anti-racist social work practice by replacing language that would be considered anti-Black or anti-immigrant in favor of inclusive language," the letter said.

The letter continued: "Language can be powerful, and phrases such as 'going into the field' or 'field work' maybe have connotations for descendants of slavery and immigrant workers that are not benign."
whitetrash
Harrison Bergeron said:

Not that we needed a reminder that social work is a pointless university department:
https://nypost.com/2023/01/11/usc-will-no-longer-use-the-word-field-over-racist-origin/

The University of Southern California's school of social work will no longer use the word "field" in its curriculum, saying it may have racist "connotations."

USC's Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work said the change was critical to support anti-racist social work and inclusivity.

The department specifically decided to remove the word "field" from its curriculum and replace it with "practicum," according to the letter, which was dated Jan. 9 and shared to Twitter.

"This change supports anti-racist social work practice by replacing language that would be considered anti-Black or anti-immigrant in favor of inclusive language," the letter said.

The letter continued: "Language can be powerful, and phrases such as 'going into the field' or 'field work' maybe have connotations for descendants of slavery and immigrant workers that are not benign."
I'm surprised they didn't ban the word "house" at the same time.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3d6c9d22-f655-477c-9ec0-7d26cb3550b3
Jack Bauer
This is parody , right.

This person cannot be real.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.