Culture and Society 2023

68,751 Views | 1157 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Redbrickbear
cms186
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

This man killed members of the Taliban...how has he dissolved into this uber-beta male..

And how much longer do they have to "tell their story"...5-10 more years of this?

Probably for as long as the right wing media sites keep stoking the fires of their viewing bases hatred
I'm the English Guy
Harrison Bergeron
cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

This man killed members of the Taliban...how has he dissolved into this uber-beta male..

And how much longer do they have to "tell their story"...5-10 more years of this?

Probably for as long as the right wing media sites keep stoking the fires of their viewing bases hatred

There's zero percent chance this Beta killed anyone but his family's dreams.
cms186
Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Considering his "Families Deams" were for him to be a good little white boy who married some foreign Princess he is distantly related to and then live the rest of his life in the public eye doing nothing but being a visible emblem of the British Monarchy, then good for him. Also, if being a "Beta" means caring more for the woman you love than a Family who happily ostracises him for doing so, then double good for him
I'm the English Guy
4th and Inches
Racheal was hot but she aint no Donna.. that is all
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Oldbear83
cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Considering his "Families Deams" were for him to be a good little white boy who married some foreign Princess he is distantly related to and then live the rest of his life in the public eye doing nothing but being a visible emblem of the British Monarchy, then good for him. Also, if being a "Beta" means caring more for the woman you love than a Family who happily ostracises him for doing so, then double good for him
Wow, I didn't hear about the divorce. So when did you and Reality start 'seeing other people'?

As for Harry, he brought his misery on himself.

• Trashing the Queen was incredibly tone-deaf last year, then failing to walk it back just made it worse
  • Trashing the new King is almost as bad. No, Charles not loved the way Elizabeth was, but he gets a sort of honeymoon as a new monarch, so when you are cruder to the new King than the Liberals in Parliament, you have stepped in it yet again
  • Military culture is a thing in Britain. You do not - ever - make light of killing people the way Harry did, much less insult your brother soldiers. I'm sure Harry did not mean it that way, but all that proves is he was incredibly stupid in his choice of words, and failing to consider how they would be received
  • Never ever, ever, ever trust the media to care about you beyond getting a story they can publish on air and in print. Used kleenex is more important to them than the people they feature.
  • Turns out Harry doesn't have much in the way of marketable skills. But he's blowing through millions of dollars a year on a lavish lifestyle. Seems like he was fine with living the life of a Royal, he just didn't like what the position requires. I have no sympathy for him, he has shat his bed and if he won't clean it, he has no business complaining about the smell.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
cowboycwr
cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

What does right wing media have to do with them? The post you are replying to is a 60 minutes interview.... hardly right wing media.

Isn't their show also on woke Netflix... again not right wing.
cms186
cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

What does right wing media have to do with them? The post you are replying to is a 60 minutes interview.... hardly right wing media.

yeah, but its the right wing media that constantly run hit pieces on them, a few weeks ago, a few days apart, the Daily Mail ran stories about Meghan and Kate (Prince Williams Wife) when they had essentially done the same thing, not exactly, but broadly similar and framed the story about Meghan in a negative light and the one about Kate in a positive one, that kind of stuff because thats what their readers love to froth about.

If these Right Wing media sites didnt constantly do this, Harry and Meghan wouldnt feel the need to have to put their side of the story across.
I'm the English Guy
cowboycwr
cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

yeah, but its the right wing media that constantly run hit pieces on them, a few weeks ago, a few days apart, the Daily Mail ran stories about Meghan and Kate (Prince Williams Wife) when they had essentially done the same thing, not exactly, but broadly similar and framed the story about Meghan in a negative light and the one about Kate in a positive one, that kind of stuff because thats what their readers love to froth about.

If these Right Wing media sites didnt constantly do this, Harry and Meghan wouldnt feel the need to have to put their side of the story across.
Right.... keep believing that fantasy.

When they are out there calling the royal family racists, bigots, etc. in an interview on a liberal media show that has ZERO to do with the media on the right running "hit pieces." That is the two of them stirring the pot to get more attention, views on their shows, book sales, etc.

There is no way they went on Oprah because of the "right wing media"

or netflix

Or 60 minutes

Or that a quick google search pulls up literally hundreds of stories that are on liberal media like CNN, MSNBC, Newsweek, etc. Many of them are ORIGINAL stories on those sites and not found on Fox, Dailymail, etc.
Oldbear83
Whiney English Guy: "If these Right Wing media sites didnt constantly do this, Harry and Meghan wouldnt feel the need to have to put their side of the story across."

Nope. Wrong. False.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jack Bauer
yes, it's the right wing media MAKING them go on Oprah, Netflix, 60 Minutes, their podcast, their Netflix documentary, writing a book....suuuure.
cms186
Oldbear83 said:

cms186 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Wow, I didn't hear about the divorce. So when did you and Reality start 'seeing other people'?

As for Harry, he brought his misery on himself.

• Trashing the Queen was incredibly tone-deaf last year, then failing to walk it back just made it worse

What did he say about the Queen, the only comments i remember were criticisms of the Commonwealth in general, which i dont disagree with
Quote:

• Trashing the new King is almost as bad. No, Charles not loved the way Elizabeth was, but he gets a sort of honeymoon as a new monarch, so when you are cruder to the new King than the Liberals in Parliament, you have stepped in it yet again

If you mean the bit about being a cold and Distant Father, then i think you would find most Brits would have guessed that anyway tbh
Quote:

• Military culture is a thing in Britain. You do not - ever - make light of killing people the way Harry did, much less insult your brother soldiers. I'm sure Harry did not mean it that way, but all that proves is he was incredibly stupid in his choice of words, and failing to consider how they would be received

You clearly do not know as much as you think you do about Brits, speaking as one who has plenty of Military Friends and lives near an RAF Base, that you are wrong.
Quote:

• Never ever, ever, ever trust the media to care about you beyond getting a story they can publish on air and in print. Used kleenex is more important to them than the people they feature.

well, Duh
Quote:

• Turns out Harry doesn't have much in the way of marketable skills. But he's blowing through millions of dollars a year on a lavish lifestyle. Seems like he was fine with living the life of a Royal, he just didn't like what the position requires. I have no sympathy for him, he has shat his bed and if he won't clean it, he has no business complaining about the smell.

well, i dont care much about the Royals one way or the other, im sure his Lavish Lifestyle comforts him somewhat, i also will say that as a Child, having to live out his (and his Brothers) grief for his Mother in such a public setting must have been traumatic. I dont think Harry has done much wrong other than marrying someone he loves and defending that person when she was attacked over inconsequential things.
I'm the English Guy
Redbrickbear
cms186 said:

well, i dont care much about the Royals one way or the other, im sure his Lavish Lifestyle comforts him somewhat, i also will say that as a Child, having to live out his (and his Brothers) grief for his Mother in such a public setting must have been traumatic. I dont think Harry has done much wrong other than marrying someone he loves and defending that person when she was attacked over inconsequential things.

I am not against Monarchy per se

In fact Constitutional Monarchies are some of the most stable and developed nations on earth.

But what it does to the people put in the fish bowl is one of the biggest arguments against it. Harry is a prime example of that effect.

He would be a very different person if he had not had a camera in his face since his young boyhood days.

Jacques Strap

cms186
Redbrickbear said:

cms186 said:

I am not against Monarchy per se

In fact Constitutional Monarchies are some of the most stable and developed nations on earth.

But what it does to the people put in the fish bowl is one of the biggest arguments against it. Harry is a prime example of that effect.

He would be a very different person if he had not has a camera in his fact since his young boyhood days.

I think thats a fair opinion to have
I'm the English Guy
Sam Lowry
cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Defending Harry and Meghan...ugh, really?
cms186
Sam Lowry said:

cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Defending Harry and Meghan...ugh, really?
feel free to point out what i have said that is wrong, i didnt say they are Saints or anything, but whilst some of it is of their own doing, they havent really done a lot wrong, I mean, do we really need a Zillion stories about her Dad and why he doesnt have a relationship with his Daughter (spoiler alert, its probably because he keeps going to the press every time he can get a buck out of them for some non-story)
I'm the English Guy
Harrison Bergeron
cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

What's the consensus in your Beta Bros meetings that makes coverage of British former royals some kind of right wing conspiracy? Is it just the reflexive tribalism you discuss while getting mani-pedis? I'm just fascinated how the authoritarian leftists make everything so simplistically tribal.
cms186
Harrison Bergeron said:

cms186 said:

cowboycwr said:

cms186 said:

Jack Bauer said:

What's the consensus in your Beta Bros meetings that makes coverage of British former royals some kind of right wing conspiracy? Is it just the reflexive tribalism you discuss while getting mani-pedis? I'm just fascinated how the authoritarian leftists make everything so simplistically tribal.
I do wonder why whenever people like you disagree with someone, you cant just disagree and feel the need to try and be offensive, beating your chest and trying to be Macho about things, truth be told, my Chef Hands could probably do with a decent Manicure.

Also, if you think all Leftists think that any negative media coverage of former Royals is a right Wing conspiracy, you clearly dont have a clue what you are talking about, if anything most Leftists are anti-Monarchy
I'm the English Guy
ShooterTX
Posted other places, but thought it would also apply here:

Jack Bauer
MSM gonna MSM.

whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

MSM gonna MSM.

Same outfit, different color:

Jack Bauer
Dear White Women,

You cannot look 30 years younger, it's just not physically possible.
There is nothing wrong with aging gracefully.

Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Dear White Women,

Botox, maybe a face lift, and maybe some liposuction to fight fat areas is about all any woman should be doing after age 35.

You just can't stop mother nature long term.

You can fight wrinkles, fat deposits, and some sagging skin.

That is about it.

All this plastic surgery, butt implants, and check implants...its all so crazy.

These women end up looking like aliens by age 60
Forest Bueller_bf
Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Dear White Women,

Botox, maybe a face lift, and maybe some liposuction to fight fat areas is about all any woman should be doing after age 35.

That is about it.

Being fit and eating a healthy diet are really the only things that really help the outer appearance.

Being a kind person may help too. Seems like old crabby people look harsher than old nice people.
cowboycwr
whitetrash said:

Jack Bauer said:

MSM gonna MSM.

Same outfit, different color:

My first thought was Pizza the Hut from spaceballs.....
Harrison Bergeron
Trayvons release systematic t'racism on a school bus. ...

Redbrickbear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Dear White Women,

That is about it.

Being fit and eating a healthy diet are really the only things that really help the outer appearance.

Being a kind person may help too. Seems like old crabby people look harsher than old nice people.

Forest Bueller_bf
Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Dear White Women,

That is about it.

Did not realize this was the Bangles lead singer until I looked her up.

She certainly started with a much higher baseline as far as looks than Madonna, but she still looks really nice.

Jack Bauer
No, it's not. You are a narcissist.

Just teach the subject you are assigned to.

4th and Inches
Jack Bauer said:

my school teaching significant other strongly disagrees with pronoun's sign.

At no point in the Texas education requirements will you find, "talk about the teachers gender or lifestyle choices.."
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Redbrickbear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Dear White Women,

That is about it.

Did not realize this was the Bangles lead singer until I looked her up.

She certainly started with a much higher baseline as far as looks than Madonna, but she still looks really nice.

Harrison Bergeron
4th and Inches said:

Jack Bauer said:

my school teaching significant other strongly disagrees with pronoun's sign.

At no point in the Texas education requirements will you find, "talk about the teachers gender or lifestyle choices.."
Just replace swinging, adultery, or strip club and see how it sounds ...

I really don't need my children to know much of anything about their teachers. I did know but one of my teacher's husband's names - he was my pastor - and certainly did not know their favorite sexual position. These narcissist babies need to go protest merit or something.
Jack Bauer
Stunnng and brave.

Jack Bauer
This isn't funny, it's just sad.

Ladies, do you want a family or do you want to be like this?

whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

This isn't funny, it's just sad.

Ladies, do you want a family or do you want to be like this?

Closer to reality:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.