Culture and Society 2023

68,782 Views | 1157 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer said:

Black on black crime, a Democrat run city forever, migrants sent to a sanctuary city and it's all THE MAGA fault!

The White Southerner really is the international Jew of the 21st century....anywhere and everywhere the enemy of peace and justice....with a vast conspiratorial power over everything.

Able to effect crime rates and poverty in places he has never even had control over.
Jack Bauer
This is who the left is..

Cultural issues - "I can't believe in 2023, we are still making an issue about (gay marriage, trans rights, LGBTQ curriculum in schools, drag shows, etc. ."

Racial issues - "We are still in 1965.."

Cobretti
Cobretti
Redbrickbear
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

funny how that gas leak didn't find an ignition source until the police arrived
cowboycwr
Redbrickbear said:

It must have been the location of the Epstein client list.....
cowboycwr
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

funny how that gas leak didn't find an ignition source until the police arrived
I'm no demolition expert but that didn't really look like an explosion from gas leak or anything else like that but more from planted charges.
nein51
It looks just like a gas leak explosion. Sadly there are plenty of videos of gas leak explosions. Violent.
ShooterTX
looks more like a Meth lab explosion... which is basically methane gas explosion... so it would also look like a gas leak.
ShooterTX
nein51
ShooterTX said:

looks more like a Meth lab explosion... which is basically methane gas explosion... so it would also look like a gas leak.

Yes. Very similar
Oldbear83
nein51 said:

ShooterTX said:

Yes. Very similar
Curious, what is your source for that, videos from Breaking Bad?
nein51
Oldbear83 said:

nein51 said:

ShooterTX said:

Yes. Very similar

Never seen breaking bad. At least not more than one episode. Way too slow for me.

Do you not have the internet?

There's a fun insta account called "things blowing up" that's a good one. Lots of firefighter ones. Loads of live leak back when it existed
Redbrickbear
nein51 said:

Oldbear83 said:

nein51 said:

ShooterTX said:

Yes. Very similar

Never seen breaking bad. At least not more than one episode. Way too slow for me.

There's a fun insta account called "things blowing up" that's a good one. Lots of firefighter ones. Loads of live leak back when it existed
It was a good show...give it another try
nein51
Redbrickbear said:

nein51 said:

Oldbear83 said:

nein51 said:

ShooterTX said:

Yes. Very similar

It was a good show...give it another try

I tried when everyone couldn't shut up about it. It's so painfully slow. Not my cup of tea
whitetrash
nein51 said:

ShooterTX said:

Yes. Very similar
Saw a news report online that police were responding to reports of, in the words of Deep Purple, "some stupid with a flare gun" who burned the place to the ground.
Oldbear83
nein51 said:

Oldbear83 said:

nein51 said:

ShooterTX said:

Yes. Very similar

tbh, not my thing.

Don't have Instagram, TikTok, or most of the others.

Spend too much time reading, I guess.
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
How the F is this governments business?

Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Because it will always be the governments business to help sustain a moral order.

Only Republicans pretend there is some kind of "neutral public sphere"
cowboycwr
Cobretti said:

She knew that what Riley said was 100% true.
cowboycwr
Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Because it will always be the governments business to help sustain a moral order.

What???

Are you for real?
Redbrickbear
cowboycwr said:

Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

What???

Are you for real?

You don't think Liberals have been using the power of government to impose their version of a moral order on the nation since the 1960s?

Have you been living under a rock for the last several decades?
cowboycwr
Redbrickbear said:

cowboycwr said:

Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

What???

Are you for real?

You don't think Liberals have been using the power of government to impose their version of a moral order on the nation since the 1960s?

Ture they have. Doesn't mean it is right or it is the business of the government
Redbrickbear
cowboycwr said:

Redbrickbear said:

cowboycwr said:

Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

What???

Are you for real?

Ture they have. Doesn't mean it is right or it is the business of the government
You are living in an older paradigm.

If you will not use the government to defend your rights and moral vision of society....the other side will (and is)

It might be a noble thought that "this is none of governments business"....but as facts on the ground have shown us over the past 60 years....it is in fact the business of government.

Jack Bauer
Rule #1 - Rich people will find a loophole around this, the middle class will get screwed the most.

Jacques Strap
muddybrazos
Jack Bauer said:

Rule #1 - Rich people will find a loophole around this, the middle class will get screwed the most.

I've been thinking about buying some timber land for awhile and I may need to jsut go ahead and pull the trigger soon. Then I will have my carbon offsets that I can sell to companies or use for myself to eat steaks & fly.
whiterock
nein51 said:

It looks just like a gas leak explosion. Sadly there are plenty of videos of gas leak explosions. Violent.
yep. film shows a classic "heaving explosion" typical of detonation of low explosives.

commercial explosives like TNT, PETN, Semtex, etc.... have very fast burn rates, and make a sharp or "snap" type explosion with small fireballs. low-explosive compounds like gunpowder or gasses tend to make much larger fireballs, the classic being the "fuel-air explosive" as seen on the MOAB - a binary weapon which perforates a container of flammable gasses which rapidly dissipate into the air, followed by a second detonation charge to ignite the gasses. It creates a huge fireball and shock wave, particularly when compressed into a small area. Gunpowder works primarily thru the compression effect. It is compressed into a small brass cartridge, which is placed into a steel chamber with only one available outlet (the barrel). When the powder is ignited, the expanding gasses drive the bullet down the barrel. The low-ignition rate of the gunpowder is key to the process....it keeps chamber/barrel pressures containable. Were one to use a high-explosive like TNT (or other) to do the same thing, the chamber/barrel would be completely unable to contain the rapid expansion of pressure. The gun would simply blow up in the face of the user. But take that gunpowder from a shell and pour it out on the ground & light it? It doesn't go "snap." It makes quite a large flame column and a lot of smoke that takes a few seconds to burn out. Not terribly powerful....unless you contain it.

High-explosives require precision placement. A skilled EOD tech could drop a standing tree very precisely right where wanted. Put the charges in the right places, and you could literally drop the tree trunk on the trailer of an 18-wheeler. It's all about where one directs the energy of the charges. Can't do that with low explosives. But you can make things "go away." Put a 55-gallon drum of fertilizer soaked in diesel in the back of a van and ignite it.....and (poof) the van is there one moment, gone the next, faster than the blink of an eye. Just the chassis frame left to show a van was once there.

I saw a report on this story describing an armored vehicle using a penetration tool to punch thru the wall of the house a couple of times. I'm guessing a gas line was perforated on the first penetration, then, on a second perforation, either a spark occurred on penetration, or perhaps a smoke or flash/bang device was used to pressure the suspect to capitulate. Latter would certainly have been enough to ignite gas suspended in the air inside the house, creating exactly the kind of heaving explosion seen on the tape.

Bottom line, though, the term "high explosive" vs "low explosive" are counter intuitive. They refer to the burn rates of the fuels, not the size of the explosion. If you want to see what low explosives can do, google up the videos of the 2020 Beirut explosion driven by detonation of ammonium nitrate in silo. The silos just "went away," and a most impressive blast wave that shattered windows for hundreds of yards all around.

Cobretti
Redbrickbear
Cobretti said:

They really do want a world where the economic-cultural elite get to do what they want....live where they want, travel where they want, eat what they want, buy what they want.....while the working and middle class are reduced to life time renters, not eating certain things because they are "bad for the environment" (aka meat), and also can't travel because its bad for the environment.

This is feudalism but with a gay liberal spin

Jeff Bezos gets to live how he wants....and his progressive rag paper the Washington Post attacks the Proles if they complain about having their lives endlessly regulated
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

Yup.

they will either buy "credits" or points or whatever from those who don't use them or get exemptions because they are flying private or suddenly they will be attending one of the thousands of climate change conferences that will be held all over the world and therefore it is an exemption.....
Harrison Bergeron
Redbrickbear said:

Cobretti said:

They really do want a world where the economic-cultural elite get to do what they want....live where they want, travel where they want, eat what they want, buy what they want.....while the working and middle class are reduced to life time renters, not eating certain things because they are "bad for the environment" (aka meat), and also can't travel because its bad for the environment.

This is feudalism but with a gay liberal spin

Jeff Bezos gets to live how he wants....and his progressive rag paper the Washington Post attacks the Proles if they complain about having their lives endlessly regulated
It is so obvious I cannot believe everyone cannot see it ... the elite and uber-wealthy are actively trying to control all the global resources for themselves.
Jack Bauer
Pizzagate is a RW conspiracy??

Can anyone explain this?

FormerFlash
Jack Bauer said:

Pizzagate is a RW conspiracy??

Can anyone explain this?

I honestly missed the entire pizzagate thing and have only heard the term. What is it? What do these Etsy posts mean?
Sic Everyone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.