Culture and Society 2023

68,774 Views | 1157 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Redbrickbear
Cobretti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cobretti
4th and Inches
Cobretti said:

Dont you steal my vote.. i got your picture!

These people are nuts!
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Forest Bueller_bf
Jack Bauer said:

ugh.....GMAFB

Being a racist ***** is paying big money now days. No wonder so many people are into it.
Forest Bueller_bf
4th and Inches said:

Cobretti said:

These people are nuts!
Well dang, there is white fragility after all.

Such a small minded fragile little man.
Forest Bueller_bf
Cobretti said:

112 is not that high up the ladder of intelligence. So glad the Marine tested higher, he seemed like a humble decent kid, and she seemed like a common self aggrandizing millenial.
Jack Bauer

Cobretti
nein51
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Cobretti said:

112 is not that high up the ladder of intelligence. So glad the Marine tested higher, he seemed like a humble decent kid, and she seemed like a common self aggrandizing millenial.

112 is not even a single standard deviation from the norm. 100 is average and every 15 points is one SD. Higher education degrees are mostly about:
1) your ability to delay starting a job
2) the amount of effort you are willing to put forth

The smartest person I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with had a HS diploma from a school in Poland. The guy was brilliant. He didn't need a PhD for you to know it.

Also, IQ tests can be seriously flawed. I'm sure there are many people on this board at the 130+ level. The gap from 130 to 160 is almost impossible to explain. Once you get past the 150s you're talking about literal geniuses. Fascinating stuff.
Redbrickbear
nein51 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Cobretti said:

112 is not even a single standard deviation from the norm. 100 is average and every 15 points is one SD. Higher education degrees are mostly about:
1) your ability to delay starting a job
2) the amount of effort you are willing to put forth

The smartest person I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with had a HS diploma from a school in Poland. The guy was brilliant. He didn't need a PhD for you to know it.

Also, IQ tests can be seriously flawed. I'm sure there are many people on this board at the 130+ level. The gap from 130 to 160 is almost impossible to explain. Once you get past the 150s you're talking about literal geniuses. Fascinating stuff.

What does that mean for Africa?

[The international studies of mathematics, science, and reading give a sub-Saharan African IQ of 66. The four data sets can be averaged to give an IQ of 68 as the best reading of the IQ in sub-Saharan Africa.]

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0160289609001275#:~:text=The%20international%20studies%20of%20mathematics,IQ%20in%20sub%2DSaharan%20Africa.
ShooterTX
Cobretti said:

What an ignorant moron.

The KKK, lynch mobs and stealing votes... all democrat policies & actions.

Just a typical democrat idiot.
ShooterTX
Jack Bauer
cowboycwr
Cobretti said:

Typical leftist. Can only spout the talking points he hears in the news/sees on facebook but can't argue and can only attack with personal insults and doesn't even listen to what the guy says. He says it is a one party consent state in regards to the picture/film and he goes in a different direction about wanting a one party state/country when that is what the dems are trying to do.
cowboycwr
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Cobretti said:

She also thought that number of degrees and type of degree equals intelligence. Sometimes degrees just show who works hard to get them and depending on the school or field don't mean much.
Forest Bueller_bf
cowboycwr said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Cobretti said:

She also thought that number of degrees and type of degree equals intelligence. Sometimes degrees just show who works hard to get them and depending on the school or field don't mean much.
The person I liked the most was the guy that graduated from Harvard. Down to earth, very understated, humble, but he knew he was smart he just didn't advertise it.

He also had the high EQ the edudcated girl was talking about. She would have probably scored lowest on that scale too as she looked down on others and went on and on about herself.

Smartest person I've been around had an 8th grade education. The man could master virtually anything, without any formal training. He had to have an almost perfect photographic memory.
GrowlTowel
4th and Inches said:

Cobretti said:

These people are nuts!

Anyone doubt that is HuckMucker on a daily basis?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Cobretti
nein51
I've said many times that if you're on the road and you're not a car you're in danger. Not particularly shocked it came this. Still a very stupid thing to do.
whiterock
Jack Bauer said:

actually......there is some DNA-driven science that suggests skin color in those days was quite a bit darker than to day, that the paleness we today associate with the scandinavian peoples is a very recent adaptation......
ShooterTX
Cobretti said:

I sure wish there were more incidents like this.
It just needs to happen.
But instead of shooting, they should just be run over by trucks. Maybe a truck hauling oil would be best suited fur the job?
ShooterTX
FormerFlash
whiterock said:

Jack Bauer said:

actually......there is some DNA-driven science that suggests skin color in those days was quite a bit darker than to day, that the paleness we today associate with the scandinavian peoples is a very recent adaptation......
Snow camouflage.
Sic Everyone.
FormerFlash
ShooterTX said:

Cobretti said:

I sure wish there were more incidents like this.
It just needs to happen.
But instead of shooting, they should just be run over by trucks. Maybe a truck hauling oil would be best suited fur the job?
I went down a twitter rabbit hole trying to find more information on this. Sounds like it has to do with mining, and not climate. The only video I found of the incident, the man is standing there with the gun trying to clear debris from the road to make it passable. Several protestors are yelling at him. One woman appears to wielding a very long stick/pole that she swings at him. Then the video was spliced and that same woman was lying on the ground not moving and another guy was holding his arm as if he was shot. Quite suspect that the video doesn't show what precipitated the actual shooting. I'm assuming the woman with the pole hit him and he fired, then the other guy rushed at him and also caught a bullet for his trouble.
Sic Everyone.
cowboycwr
whiterock said:

Jack Bauer said:

I had never heard that. I always did figure that people 500 years ago, 1,000 years ago or 5,000 years ago would be darker just because they basically all worked outside on the farm, did not have sunscreen, full clothes, etc. but had not heard it was in the DNA.
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

Jack Bauer said:

EEF's (Early European Farmers) might have been slightly darker than modern North Western Europeans.

But most studies suggest they looked the most like modern Sardinians and corsicans

They were tan….not black…and certainly not African

[EEF ancestry in modern Europe ranged from 30% in the Baltic States to 90% near the Mediterranean Sea]

Redbrickbear
Cobretti said:

Jack Bauer
Redbrickbear
nein51
Jack Bauer said:

This pisses me off so bad.

You're drunk. You're driving the wrong way in oncoming traffic. Like STFU about your gender. No. One. Cares.
VaeBear
And your anxiety.
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti

nein51
Yeah time to start deporting some folks.
Cobretti
Thee University
nein51 said:

Yeah time to start deporting some folks.
BS!

It's way past time to beating them like cops did in Chicago in !968. Seriously, beat them until they piss all over themselves.

Deportation is the last thing you do.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.