Culture and Society 2023

68,794 Views | 1157 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Redbrickbear
4th and Inches
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

She just learned about it today and is so mad by something she didn't even know was an issue she is shaking??? These are the type of people who do not deserve positions of power or social media accounts.
i think its a parody account.. its really funny to read or she is completely mentally ill
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
FormerFlash
It is a parody account. Like Dr. Ann Lesby, but the name isn't so on the nose.
Sic Everyone.
nein51
Jack Bauer said:

Welcome to the Real World!

She has a PhD and is just learning how actual jobs work? And I don't know anyone who works 9-5.

And I bet if she added her car payment, fuel, insurance, repairs, cost of the train she says she takes she probably could live in the city.
Jacques Strap
Harrison Bergeron
nein51 said:

Jack Bauer said:

She has a PhD and is just learning how actual jobs work? And I don't know anyone who works 9-5.

And I bet if she added her car payment, fuel, insurance, repairs, cost of the train she says she takes she probably could live in the city.
Where did she find time to make idiotic Tik Toks?
cowboycwr
Jack Bauer said:

On one hand I say grow up and welcome to the real world..... on the other I would love for the work week to only be 4 days a week or shorter hours for 5 days. I would even be on board with getting a remote job that allowed me to work on my schedule and not necessarily all of it has to be done between 9-5 and have looked into that more over the last few years.
cowboycwr
nein51 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Just asking a question...

When you say you don't know anyone that works 9-5 is that because they go in early/stay late, work different hours or what do you mean by that?

4th and Inches
cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

On one hand I say grow up and welcome to the real world..... on the other I would love for the work week to only be 4 days a week or shorter hours for 5 days. I would even be on board with getting a remote job that allowed me to work on my schedule and not necessarily all of it has to be done between 9-5 and have looked into that more over the last few years.
remote work makes sense to some but there are alot who cant remote work.

She could get a couple of roommates and live in the city. A gym membership with a place that has showers. Lots of options, just not enough real world experience to understand and explore them yet
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
nein51
cowboycwr said:

nein51 said:

Jack Bauer said:

When you say you don't know anyone that works 9-5 is that because they go in early/stay late, work different hours or what do you mean by that?

Because 0800 has been the start of the work day since like 1965. I have some customers that have flexible hours but in terms of 40hr/week employees I don't know a single 9-5 person. That's 40hrs with no lunch and no breaks b
nein51
4th and Inches said:

cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

She could get a couple of roommates and live in the city. A gym membership with a place that has showers. Lots of options, just not enough real world experience to understand and explore them yet

So before buying our business we were in the gym all the time. Easily 5 days a week. Since…I can confirm there isn't always time to do the gym or anything else you want.
cowboycwr
4th and Inches said:

cowboycwr said:

Jack Bauer said:

Agreed.

She could but that would be a solution and then how is she supposed to make a ticky tock?

She may also have unrealistic expectations for a city residence. She may want a large place, nice view, etc. and not be able to afford it on her salary instead of a reasonable sized place that fits with her pay. I have heard this called something before but can't think of the term but basically it had to do with people seeing a house/apartment on a show/movie and thinking it is a realistic living situation.
cowboycwr
nein51 said:

cowboycwr said:

nein51 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Because 0800 has been the start of the work day since like 1965. I have some customers that have flexible hours but in terms of 40hr/week employees I don't know a single 9-5 person. That's 40hrs with no lunch and no breaks b
Gotcha. Thank you for the explanation.

On that I agree. I know a lot of people that have jobs where they are expected to actually work 8 hours so they do work 8-5, with an hour lunch).

But I know lots of people who leave right at 5 (or when their shift ends) and rarely work at night or on weekends.
muddybrazos
Jack Bauer said:

Boo f'n hoo. Maybe try and find a husband so you can have kids and stay at home with them. Feminism has its consequences.
Oldbear83
muddybrazos said:

Jack Bauer said:

Boo f'n hoo. Maybe try and find a husband so you can have kids and stay at home with them. Feminism has its consequences.
'I am woman
here me *****
cause I'm supposed to be so rich

but instead they make me work like I'm a man ...'
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jack Bauer
South Park cannot even out parody real life...

Jack Bauer
Men are more likely to
-unalive themselves
-go to prison
-die in war
-die from workplace injury
-be murdered
-be homeless
-LESS likely to go to college

how do men have privilege?

Jack Bauer
The new Ukraine! Soon to be hanging in your kid's math classroom!

Jack Bauer
Holy **** - where did this happen?

VaeBear
Sun Valley and Old Temple Rd in Hewitt
whiterock
+2hrs/day commute is an understandable complaint. if structural labor shortages continue, expect to see businesses start to weigh her sentiments more heavily in location decisions to recruit and retain labor.

Won't be a rush, but watch for the trend.....

Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Does this man have eligibility left?

Feel The Floyd
Jack Bauer said:

Does this man have eligibility left?

Looked like a wine bottle to me but amazing shot.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Cobretti
FormerFlash
Redbrickbear said:

I agree with Vivek here. As a society we've downplayed the importance family, faith, vocation, patriotism, and other identity building institutions for so long, people are rudderless and looking for meaning. Pence isn't wrong that government needs to do better, but VR's line about a cultural cold war seems pretty appropriate. Pence is whistling past the graveyard. Out of touch.
Sic Everyone.
Redbrickbear
FormerFlash said:

Redbrickbear said:

I agree with Vivek here. As a society we've downplayed the importance family, faith, vocation, patriotism, and other identity building institutions for so long, people are rudderless and looking for meaning. Pence isn't wrong that government needs to do better, but VR's line about a cultural cold war seems pretty appropriate. Pence is whistling past the graveyard. Out of touch.

Agree,

Politics is down stream from culture.

What Pence does not understand (or possibly care) is that government is corrupted and dark now because American culture is corrupted and dark now.

Pence is a classic boomer still living in the old paradigm….it's forever 1983 in his mind

This is a generational problem in the GOP (and in the USA in general)
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

FormerFlash said:

Redbrickbear said:

Agree,

Politics is down stream from culture.

What Pence does not understand (or possibly care) is that government is corrupted and dark now because American culture is corrupted and dark now.

Pence is a classic boomer still living in the old paradigm….it's forever 1983 in his mind

This is a generational problem in the GOP (and in the USA in general)
Vivek is correct. We are in a crisis of philosophy. Elite society has given up on First Principles and bought into post-modernist deconstruction. They are teaching that to our kids. Ordinary people can't define it quite so precisely, but they know in their guts that things are seriously awry and that it's time for adults to step up and hit the reset button.
Jack Bauer
I know the reason but I'm not allowed to say it..

Certain "shoppers" like to steal and we can't impede their decision..

nein51
Lol

For those that don't know Randy says "I know the answer but I don't think I can say"
Jacques Strap
Harrison Bergeron
Jacques Strap said:

Probably Capt. Obvious, but that is a big dis-connect between the regressives and the rationalists. For the regressive, intent is all that matters. Results are irrelevant. If a person or a policy killed and impoverished 10 million people, it would be judged a success if the intent was good. For the rationalist, intent is irrelevant and only outcomes and results matter. If a company feeds 1 billion people in order to make $50M that is a positive outcome.
Redbrickbear
Jacques Strap said:

Jack Bauer
Dude casually suggests pedophilia scenario and mocks the responders education level and claims they are obsessed with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.