Lauren Cox

204,708 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
historian said:

GrizBear said:

historian said:

slimecap said:

Lauren Cox & Maddie Cox
4 years later

Wonderful photo! But it must be a few weeks old: she still has a brace on her knee.
Uh ... the brace is on the 4 years ago picture.
Thanks. That's a little detail I overlooked.
Lauren has shrunk!!! We're doomed! Doomed I tell ya.
historian
The photos are labeled "4 years later".
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
mimi25408
I flew in to Dallas to visit a friend and we decided to go to the Flower Mound vs Irving Mac Arthur game in Irving. Here I'm observations.

1. I knew before the game started that this was going to be
Baylor vs Grambling type if game.
2. The Cox's are amazing athletes. Kaylee Cox was made for
Volleyball.
3. Maddie Cox ( youngest of the Cox family) is the tallest on
the team (listed as 6'3 on the roster). She was the tallest on the entire court. She is also the only Freshman on Varsity.
4. Maddie has passed Kaylee and Whitney to become the
second tallest behind LC.
5. Both are obvious leaders, but Maddie seems to be the
more enthusiastic leader. Maddie reminds me of Didi.
personality and LC competitiveness.
6. Both have a power strike out of this world. I hope Baylor Vball is recruiting Kaylee Cox.
7. Whitney cox made varsity basketball as a freshman. I have no doubt in my mind that Maddie will do the same.

Wichitabear
Excellent work
Pale Rider
Very nice.
jumpinjoe
Coppell plays Flower Mound next Friday, so I get to see Maddie play. My GK plays setter for Coppell JV, played right before varsity. We are a young team with its future success in front of them with 3 freshmen on varsity and 4 freshmen on JV.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
mimi25408
That's great !! I was hoping for a more competitive game. Flower Mound was very good but Mac Arthur was very bad
They shot themselves in the foot 50% of the game.
slimecap

Sept 20, 2019
historian
Of course she's All American. Whomever makes those choices would look like fools if they didn't. She's a team leader and the Lady Bears are the reigning national champions. Not to mention her amazing talents.
Wichitabear
Yep. That's our girl.
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

Yep. That's our girl.

This is exactly the very same words that immediately came to my mind.
Great minds run together Wichita.
jumpinjoe
Coppell played Flower Mound in Volleyball last night, and Lauren's sister Kaycee is a major player that Looks like she will play at major college level. Just a junior. Wonder if Baylor has her on their radar?

"Little" sister Mattie is on varsity, but did not play.

After this year, Lauren has one more year of eligibility for volleyball that she loves. Think there any chance she will delay her WNBA career to give Baylor another year?
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
slimecap
WOW Great success at the JDRF event.
Thanks to Lauren, the organizers and the generous donors
Sic Diabetes !

Video of event highlights

slimecap

Wichitabear
Should have been Queen!
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

Should have been Queen!

Absolutely.
historian
No arguments from me.

Lauren has already accomplished so much and garnered so many awards, maybe they wanted to spread the wealth around.
MrGolfguy
This girl is sure making the most of her time in Waco.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
slimecap

Baylor Arts & Sciences student Lauren Cox is making an impact
both on and off the basketball court

"Cox also spent her summer undergoing rehabilitation from the knee injury she suffered in the national championship game. She is now one of two seniors on the 2019-2020 Lady Bears team, and said there's obviously going to be added pressure this season as Baylor begins play as the defending national champions.

"The coaches told us the other day, 'Why can't y'all do it again?" We lost two important parts of our team last year (in graduating seniors Chloe Jackson and Kalani Brown), but we have some great returners. We have the freshmen who got some experience last year. And (Coach Mulkey) said, 'Why can't you all do it again?' That's our plan for this year. We're going to do everything we can to do that."

Link for entire article
https://www.baylor.edu/artsandsciences/magazine/192/index.php?id=964550
Wichitabear
slimecap
BIG 12 Conference chat

Lauren Cox, Ana Llanusa, Vivian Gray, Sug Sutton & Brittany Brewer
slimecap
SkinsHoops86
Favorite road arena to play at in the Big 12?

Lauren Cox
I like playing at Texas because it is a big rivalry game and the atmosphere is always great!
slimecap
SkinsHoops86
Who is one player from your team that people may not know about (newcomer, didnt play as much last year, etc) that we should keep an eye out for?

Lauren Cox
We have a few players that didn't get as much playing time last year but will really show out this year. One of those players is Moon! She has really improved her skills and will give us important minutes this year!
slimecap
slimecap
Ralph Petrella
What is your favorite exercise in the weight room?

Lauren Cox
My favorite lift is bench press
slimecap
Coach Smith
What is the most challenging part about being a student athlete?

Lauren Cox
The hardest part about being a student athlete is balancing practice, school work, and recovery.
slimecap
Doug Feinberg
The last time we saw you was in the title game and you were being helped off the court. Are you back to 100%?

Lauren Cox
I am back to 100% and ready for this upcoming season!
slimecap
John Loop
What is one aspect of your game you're focusing on improving in your final season?

Lauren Cox
I'm working on making my 3 pt shot more consistent
slimecap
Coach Smith
What advice would you give to your HS self or any high schooler striving to be a student athlete at the collegiate level?

Lauren Cox
Always put in extra work because when you get to college your coaches will expect it.
slimecap
Jay Cohen
What aspect of one of your teammates' makeup or ability do you admire the most?

Lauren Cox
I love Queen and Lyss' athletic ability! They're really going to help us this year!
ftblbob5
Looking forward to Friday's game.
2022 Adopt A Bear: Jackie Marshall - 6'3",281, R-Fr, East St. John HS, LaPlace, LA

Respect the game.
historian
I am so ready to see the Lady Bears play again. Unfortunately, I cannot make it Friday but I plan to be there next week.
BU82EX
jumpinjoe said:

Coppell played Flower Mound in Volleyball last night, and Lauren's sister Kaycee is a major player that Looks like she will play at major college level. Just a junior. Wonder if Baylor has her on their radar?

"Little" sister Mattie is on varsity, but did not play.

After this year, Lauren has one more year of eligibility for volleyball that she loves. Think there any chance she will delay her WNBA career to give Baylor another year?
Kaylee committed to play volleyball at Missouri a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we can get Maddie since we lost out on Kaylee. Probably wanted to get out from under her sisters shadow at BU. Bummer though, would have liked to have another Cox on campus, regardless of the sport.
Wichitabear
Thank you sweet baby Jesus!
Wichitabear
Loved those questions!! Always great to hear what Lauren is thinking. Thank you so much for posting these!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.