Lauren Cox

204,759 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
DJHONSON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't have premium so I don't know what she said. But Hopefully Lauren is Back and ready to go!!!!
slimecap

Jan 21, 2017 @ Lady Bears Family Day
TexasScientist
It's hard to say from the press conference, but Kim is implying she won't be playing.
Jacques Strap
No need to rush back for this event. Play the long game.This team is certainly capable of sweeping these games with the players that are healthy.
Eball
She is out till she is not...that is what Kim said..
TexasScientist
South Carolina will be difficult without Cox. Hopefully, she will play.
Wichitabear
I don't look for it. Just makes me sick. But, we won't have Lauren next year so we need to see what we can do without her. Hopefully,Lauren can return soon
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

I don't look for it. Just makes me sick. But, we won't have Lauren next year so we need to see what we can do without her. Hopefully,Lauren can return soon

Yep. Way too soon. Not worth it.
bawitdaball
If she is out until conference that is fine by me. She is a force and when she is ready, she will have a lot of minutes and will be good the rest of the season - hopefully. Cooper should have plenty of motivation during the SC game - I look for her to have a breakout game!
blueeyedbear
bawitdaball said:

If she is out until conference that is fine by me. She is a force and when she is ready, she will have a lot of minutes and will be good the rest of the season - hopefully. Cooper should have plenty of motivation during the SC game - I look for her to have a breakout game!
I totally agree - I see no reason to risk Lauren for a short term gain in a meaningless game except for a few uninformed pundits. Let this team take on SC on by themselves - it will pay big dividends down the road come tournament time.
I still say Kim used Griner wrong - she would rush her back into a game if the opposing team started to cut into the lead - basically taught the team they relied on Griner to win close games vs good opponents instead of letting them work it out amongst themselves and when Louisville handcuffed Griner they did not know what to do - until Sims said the heck with this and took over late in the fourth quarter but it was too late. Just my opinion.
blueeyedbear
bawitdaball said:

Coop has already had her breakout game - I look for her to have a statement game where she solidifies herself a spot on the All American team
DJHONSON
I just hope We win against South Carolina and Cox is back!
wuzzybear
Just keep her out til big 12. One game and then UCONN. She doesn't need to play until 100%. Mulkey has this thing under control. I am sure of that.
ScottS
If she is ready to go back in she should.
BU71
ScottS said:

As much as I would like to see LC on the court I think CKM and the trainers will take precaution to try and avoid future problems. Wins now will be great but having a healthy LC is most important.
historian
BU71 said:

ScottS said:

As much as I would like to see LC on the court I think CKM and the trainers will take precaution to try and avoid future problems. Wins now will be great but having a healthy LC is most important.
I wish I could give this more stars!
Wichitabear
I have one for ya
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

I have one for ya
Me too.
slimecap

Lauren Cox in right-leg boot @ Paradise Jam
28 Nov 2019

Lauren sitting in center of photo behind Washington State player
slimecap
BU71 said:

As much as I would like to see LC on the court I think CKM and the trainers will take precaution to try and avoid future problems.
@ Paradise Jam on Nov 28, 2019
Lauren Cox on the sidelines during pre-game Baylor team warm-ups

ScottS
Can sje play with the boot on?
historian
I hope that's a lame attempt at humor. It's not funny.
Scottdye
I do agree that we should keep her out as long as we can, however there is a noticeable difference when she is not on the floor. It seems as though our confidence is not at the level it should be.

I think Lauren brings a calmness to most of the Lady Bears. I watched the last few games, and we just seem out of sync. I hope it is still just early season cobwebs that need to be dusted.

Yesterday, I thought Queen and Nalyssa played very well. Catlin, Trinity and JO also played well. So proud of all of them.

I am just concerned about Indiana today. Should I be?

TexasScientist
Scottdye said:

I do agree that we should keep her out as long as we can, however there is a noticeable difference when she is not on the floor. It seems as though our confidence is not at the level it should be.

I think Lauren brings a calmness to most of the Lady Bears. I watched the last few games, and we just seem out of sync. I hope it is still just early season cobwebs that need to be dusted.

Yesterday, I thought Queen and Nalyssa played very well. Catlin, Trinity and JO also played well. So proud of all of them.

Yes. I'm concerned about tomorrow also.
Pale Rider
TexasScientist said:

Scottdye said:

Don't worry about tomorrow, tomorrow has enough trouble of its own.
Just trust your heavenly Father for today and you will find a peace that goes far beyond your understanding.
historian
Yes, a very good South Carolina team that we beat decisively last season is something to be concerned about it.
TexasScientist
Pale Rider said:

TexasScientist said:

Scottdye said:

Just trust your heavenly Father for today and you will find a peace that goes far beyond your understanding.
Hmm. I'd rather not abandon self determination or causation to fate.
historian
Always, trust in God above everything else. ALWAYS.
blueeyedbear
Scottdye said:

I agree - We are out of sorts without Lauren. Listening to the interview with Queen, Smith and CKM I picked up a definite vibe from Queen and Smith that they really look to and miss LC's leadership and floor generalship. Just the tone in their voices when they talked about LC
Good news - they are learning that they can win without her. That's a good thing.

As for Indiana - Yes they are going to be a real challenge. They run an offense that I call Baylor's Kryptonite - spread us out and drive to the basket for layups or kick out to open 3 ballers because their defenders have left them to help on the drive to the basket.
Indiana exposed South Carolinas achilles heal - Freshman - talented for sure but still Freshman. They also exposed something else - Composure, by the decisive fourth quarter they had the South Carolina players so frustrated that they were arguing with the referees (your not going to win that battle) and totally lost focus - perhaps that had something to do with South Carolina shooting 15.0% and scoring only 6 points.
This is a very dangerous team for us but a game I think we need to get better no matter the outcome

Wichitabear
The girls need the experience. They have to figure out how to win without Lauren. As they play together more ,I feel they gain the strength and composure they need. If they lose, they will also learn more about themselves. We don't have to win today. We need to see who is going to step up and be in charge. PS. The girls are nervous without Lauren but we won't have her next year. Time to roll!
Pale Rider
TexasScientist said:

Pale Rider said:

TexasScientist said:

Scottdye said:

Hmm. I'd rather not abandon self determination or causation to fate.

Must be a typo. It's faith, not fate.
May God show you His reality.
Blessings.
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

The girls need the experience. They have to figure out how to win without Lauren. As they play together more ,I feel they gain the strength and composure they need. If they lose, they will also learn more about themselves. We don't have to win today. We need to see who is going to step up and be in charge. PS. The girls are nervous without Lauren but we won't have her next year. Time to roll!

Game time?
Wichitabear
5:45 pm
AirBear
4:45 pm central
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

5:45 pm

Thx

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.