Lauren Cox

204,717 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As part of the WNBA's Virtual Draft, the WNBA hosted an interactive Her Time To Play Virtual Community Conversation presented by AT&T on April 23, 2020.

Led by WNBA draftees Chennedy Carter (Atlanta Dream), Lauren Cox (Indiana Fever), Jazmine Jones (New York Liberty), and Satou Sabally (Dallas Wings).

historian
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
slimecap

Indiana Fever

"While we are sad we will not be playing in front of all of you amazing fans, we are excited to announce that our Fever games will be live-streamed at no cost to our fans. We will be sharing more information about where to watch the livestream in the coming weeks, stay tuned!"

- Hoopfeed, 15 June 2020
topcrickets
I love Cox
slimecap

Lauren Cox said about the WNBA, "The most difficult part will be playing against older players who are much more experienced then I am, a lot stronger than I am, some bigger than I am. ... I'm just really looking forward to joining the team, learning my teammates' tendencies, learning the plays, that kind of thing."

Cox has impressive size, mobility and passing ability, but as a rookie, her place on the Indiana Fever is unknown. Second-year center Teaira McCowan is a budding star. Veterans Candice Dupree and Natalie Achonwa are capable of playing the 4 and 5 as well.

In order to take some attention away from McCowan in the post, Cox said first-year coach Marianne Stanley wants to utilize her passing and 3-point shooting to keep defenses on their toes.

Utilizing Cox as a ballhandler is another way Stanley wants to use the former Baylor star to create mismatches.

Soon the hours of Zoom meetings and virtual hangouts will give way to actual in person practices and games at IMG Academy in Florida. The truncated 22-games season puts added pressure on each and every WNBA player. The native Texan has won at every level and she welcomes the pressure of helping the Fever return to their glory days.

"It's going to be exciting," Cox said. "It's one of those things I dreamed about ever since I started playing basketball. It's going to be really exciting for me. I'm looking forward to it."

- Akeem Glaspie, Indianapolis Star, 20 June 2020
historian
Thank you so much for keeping us informed about the world of Big 12 WBB.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Wichitabear
I hope we will get to watch Lauren play
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

I hope we will get to watch Lauren play

Yes, absolutely.
DFW Bill
Even in the WNBA there will not be many stronger players than Lauren Cox, she is a tough, physical player.
WacoKelly83
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/basketball/wnba/fever/2020/07/06/wnba-two-indiana-fever-players-test-positive-covid-19-img-academy/5383349002/
They haven't released names.
WacoKelly83
Lauren's baby sister committed to play volleyball at Mizzou. Best of luck.

Wichitabear
WacoKelly83 said:

This isn't the one we wanted is it?
WacoKelly83
Nope. That's Maddie. I think the Cox's have run out of daughters. It gets confusing. Lol
Wichitabear
WacoKelly83 said:

Nope. That's Maddie. I think the Cox's have run out of daughters. It gets confusing. Lol
That's right. Sammie is her best friend. Thank you. Had a senior moment lol
slimecap

Link for schedule
https://fever.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-announce-2020-schedule/
Pale Rider
Thank you sis.
slimecap
UPDATE
July 31, 2020

historian
WacoKelly83 said:

Wish her the best but too bad she won't be playing for Baylor. Our Volley Ball team had a great season and I hope they follow it up with another. They do have a lot of great returning players.
historian
slimecap said:

Link for schedule
https://fever.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-announce-2020-schedule/
Nice to see Lauren still in gold!
historian
Wichitabear
historian said:

That's our Lauren!
slimecap
August 4, 2020
Next game is Wednesday, August 5 @ 10:00 PM ET

HoustonBear15
slimecap
WacoKelly83
Read that Tea didn't play due to an inconclusive covid test
historian
Hope she is well and gets to play soon.
GarlandBear84
Lauren played 17 minutes and grabbed six boards. She only took one shot and missed.
Baylorkid
I thought she played great for her first game! Just wish the guards would've looked for her more and let the offense run through her! Also was surprised that they didn't play her with McCowan more
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Getting her legs back after Covid will be a big step. Getting 6 boards is a good start.
willtalk
Baylorkid said:

I thought she played great for her first game! Just wish the guards would've looked for her more and let the offense run through her! Also was surprised that they didn't play her with McCowan more
This is the WNBA. No one should expect her to come in and play at a high level right away. As to playing with McCowan, the team is short-handed and needed her to back up McCowan more than to play on the court with her. She did just fine for her first game and it would not have been a good idea to put too much on her plate at once.
Adriacus Peratuun
LA may not be the best guide for how Cox's playing time will emerge. Obviously it was her first game after a long layoff and without much time with the team. But also LA starts two bigs who are very comfortable playing out to the 3 point line. There was zero chance that Cox and McCowan would be on the court at the same time [due to matchup issues].
GarlandBear84
Tonight the Fever lost again to fall to 2-4. Cox played 14 minutes and scored two and had three rebounds. She only took one shot and made it.
historian
https://www.unrivaled-sports.com/inside-the-jersey-featuring-lauren-cox/
slimecap
Lauren's First WNBA Start
August 9, 2020

Pale Rider
How did she do?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.