Lauren Cox

204,741 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes indeed!!!
Pale Rider
She's absolutely the best.
CavalryRoadie
Seeing some snarky comments on the OUHoops board, saying Cox is a dirty player. I guess those boneheads know more about the game than the coaches who picked Cox, unanimously, to both the 1st Team All-Big 12 and Big 12 Defensive team, as well as Defensive Player of the Year.
historian
Sore losers.
geewago
CavalryRoadie said:

Seeing some snarky comments on the OUHoops board, saying Cox is a dirty player. I guess those boneheads know more about the game than the coaches who picked Cox, unanimously, to both the 1st Team All-Big 12 and Big 12 Defensive team, as well as Defensive Player of the Year.
Can't hardly blame them snarky sooners in a way. Their snarky coach has given them a snarky season that would just about make Jesus get snarky.
greggor25
Loved Cox won the Defensive Player of the Year! What a a great way to go into your senior year!
slimecap
Pale Rider said:

She's absolutely the best

Wichitabear
It's OU. Enough said
bubbadog
She has been such a joy to watch this year. I saw her struggles her freshman season and hoped it was just a matter of time before she put it together.

I hope Egbo is able to be the center next year because Lauren is so versatile as a 4. She keys the defense. She can pull up and hit a 15-footer and drop in enough 3's to make defenses come guard her out there, which opens things up for others. And she is an outstanding interior passer.

She turned in an amazing performance at WVU. We don't win that game without her stepping it up like that.

And a fair amount of what she did doesn't even show up in a box score.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
LadyChickBear
CavalryRoadie said:

OU lost my respect years ago, but their "snarky" president's attack on Baylor after the Title 1 fiasco really pushed me over the edge. They are elitist without the elite. By the way, I have doctorate from OSU so that may also influence my feelings, but it is also because their fans gave Louisville a standing ovation when they beat us that nightmare game!!!
CavalryRoadie
LadyChickBear said:

CavalryRoadie said:

OU lost my respect years ago, but their "snarky" president's attack on Baylor after the Title 1 fiasco really pushed me over the edge. They are elitist without the elite. By the way, I have doctorate from OSU so that may also influence my feelings, but it is also because their fans gave Louisville a standing ovation when they beat us that nightmare game!!!
I feel bad for some OU fans - they just want the OUWBB program to regain its luster.

Then, there are a few OU fans who provide comic relief with their rants about, 1.) How the referees stole the game (that could be any/all games lost); 2.) Anything to do with CKM (Griner recruitment; standing outside the coaches box; influencing the referees (see, also, #1)); 3.) How physical the game has gotten (ignoring the Paris twins).
slimecap
CavalryRoadie said:

a few OU fans who provide comic relief with their rants about
3.) How physical the game has gotten (ignoring the Paris twins).
Here is a link for you
11:31a, 3/6/19
Wichitabear
OU has never had any respect for Baylor. I can't stand them.
CavalryRoadie
slimecap said:

CavalryRoadie said:

a few OU fans who provide comic relief with their rants about
3.) How physical the game has gotten (ignoring the Paris twins).
Here is a link for you
11:31a, 3/6/19

Exhibit "A".
historian
Wichitabear said:

OU has never had any respect for Baylor. I can't stand them.
How foolish of them considering how often Baylor has beaten them lately. Maybe that's one reason.
historian
Did the TV announcer just say that Cox had a double double in the first half?
Wichitabear
I'm screaming so loud but I think that is what he said.
greggor25
Cox was two assists from a triple double.
Born_A_Bear
Lauren has matured as both a player and person. We are all blessed to have watched her growth.
Wichitabear
Our girl!! She has worn the uniform well. I would like SicEm365 to interview her parents.
Saddle Up!
Her best assist of the game, by far, was grabbing Kalani when she was about to go Madea on the KState girl!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Wichitabear said:

Our girl!! She has worn the uniform well. I would like SicEm365 to interview her parents.

Would need clearance from Baylor.

Also, I believe the youngest Cox has an offer.
BaylorTaxman
Saddle Up! said:

Her best assist of the game, by far, was grabbing Kalani when she was about to go Madea on the KState girl!

This. We were seconds away from losing her for the championship game. Look for the Iowa State Flopcones to try something similar.
bowdedg
Congratulations to Lauren for being named a Finalist for the Defensive POY!

bowdedg
Wichitabear
How awesome is this!!!!! I have only seen the Miss St player play. I don't know about the other 2. Hands down if we were going only against that Miss. girl. I hoping that she will be awarded with this honor. We are so blessed to have her.
BaylorTaxman
Congratulations to Lauren! They easily could have named her the MVP of the Big 12 Tournament. I was surprised the didn't.
Wichitabear
Me too
Pale Rider
Should be a no brainer in my book.

LC all way.
greggor25
Don't get me wrong I love Lani but LC should've been MVP. LC could go down as greatest lady bear defender of all time.
mimi25408
I agree ! I love Kalani but I think LC deserves it. I think they have it to Kalani because she is a senior. I was kinda shocked when LC didn't get it.
Dcheetah
Chloe should have made all tournament team
geewago
Dcheetah said:

Chloe should have made all tournament team
Of course. But you have to spread the wealth around. It's the law.
bubbadog
mimi25408 said:

I agree ! I love Kalani but I think LC deserves it. I think they have it to Kalani because she is a senior. I was kinda shocked when LC didn't get it.
Me too. The 18 points, 15 rebounds and 8 assists should have clinched it.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
gone to Tickfaw
Cox was the mvp. She kept us in the game. Never had to be taKen out by ckm to have a fire lit. Wasn't impressed w lani thru the entire tourney. No readon she cant get 10 rb a gAme.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.