Lauren Cox

204,760 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
BearFan33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm thinking ACL unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.
bubbadog
Before the game, I felt like if it was close Lauren would will the team to victory. She has that ability because she is such a fierce competitor. And I really think that is what she did even with crutches on the sidelines. Her teammates already were determined to win it for her after she went down. But when she came back to the bench, it just seemed to change the atmosphere a little. We've had great players before, but I'm not sure the Lady Bears have had a warrior like Lauren Cox.

I hope the injury is not as serious as it looks, but it looked bad. On TV, you could hear her cry out when it happened, and you could hear her crying in pain and frustration before the trainers and Mulkey got there. But there is nobody I can imagine who will work harder and do whatever it takes (not even Kristy Wallace) to come back.

Like many of you, I'm feeling a little bittersweet about tonight. I'm so proud of what this team accomplished, but my heart is aching for this injured kid.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
jdrs
So glad for the victory. Can you imagine if Lauren got hurt AND we'd lost? Ugh. Would have been double heart ache.
Dcheetah
She is a warrior on the court. So glad she is ours. Prayers for a very speedy and complete recovery.
Meladee
BearFan33 said:

I'm thinking ACL unfortunately. I hope I'm wrong.
Might be MCL just based on the angle.... either one is tough rehab, but we know our girl Lauren is as tough as they come.

It might take a year, sadly.
BaylorBears_254
if so, redshirt her
Wichitabear
So next year is her senior year. Are we saying she may not be able to play????
Wichitabear
Sorry you had this text before I ask my question
bubbadog
Wichitabear said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves before we know the diagnosis, but, yes, a serious knee injury can take 9 months or even a year before the player can get back on the court. Remember that Kristy Wallace didn't play in actual game for about 11 months. Let's just wait and see and hope for the best.
bubbadog
By the way, is there another coach in America who had just won a national championship and whose first words were to explain that she was crying for her injured player?

Her emotion on behalf of her players is one of the reasons why we love Mulkey, and I don't know why so many fans of other schools don't get that.

You know that there are a lot of great players at other programs who wish they had a coach like Mulkey in their corner.
Wichitabear
Ok thanks bubbadog Heart is just broke
Wichitabear
We are sooooo blessed to have her. All my stars bubbadog
bubbadog
Wichitabear said:

Ok thanks bubbadog Heart is just broke
I should add that players can also be back on the court much sooner.
Sometimes a player can be ready to go at the start of the season. Or come back in time for the conference schedule.
It all depends on the nature of the injury.

The one thing I can be certain about is that nobody will work harder than Lauren.
Oldgrizzly
Glad we pulled out a victory with Lauren out. It would not have even been a close game if Lauren had not gotten injured. She is that much of a difference maker. Classy and talented in so many ways. Praying that she fully recovers no matter how long it takes. Baylor Proud!
slimecap

Pablo Fanque
I felt so much for Lauren and her parents. A couple of years ago, I watched as my 10th grade soccer player got wiped out by the goalkeeper, sent end over end. She just lay still on the ground, not getting back up. It was clear that she had a knee problem, and my heart sank. The good news was that it was a sprain, not a tear, so there was no surgery needed. Watching Lauren lie on the court in such pain brought back those feelings of a parent, looking on helplessly, knowing that there is a huge problem and nothing you can do about it. That Lauren's injury happened in such a big game only heightens the frustration and helplessness they must have felt along with Lauren.

I wish Lauren a healthy recovery, however long it takes. And to her parents - I know a little bit of what you went through, and I sympathize.
Pale Rider
slimecap said:

Absolutely beautiful.
Dcheetah
Just watched the replay. Lauren was pushed by Jessica Shepherd from behind on the play where she was injured just prior to the ankle whip from Kalani.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Dcheetah said:

Just watched the replay. Lauren was pushed by Jessica Shepherd from behind on the play where she was injured just prior to the ankle whip from Kalani.

I watched it once. Never will again.

Hearing her hit the ground and then the scream from the floor microphone is hurting this former FM Jag resident
historian
Wichitabear said:

Yes. She is such a great player and my heart just hurts for her. But, we know she is a fighter. Prayers up. God is good.
AMEN brother!

Quote:

Quote:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves before we know the diagnosis, but, yes, a serious knee injury can take 9 months or even a year before the player can get back on the court. Remember that Kristy Wallace didn't play in actual game for about 11 months. Let's just wait and see and hope for the best.
Too much speculation can be toxic.
4th and Inches
Brian Ethridge said:

Dcheetah said:

I watched it once. Never will again.

Hearing her hit the ground and then the scream from the floor microphone is hurting this former FM Jag resident
i have watched too many... wilson, player, wallace, washington twice, and now cox
Prairie_Bear
No cable, so watched every second on ESPN3 "under basket" cam. Not sure what regular broadcast showed but got unedited raw video of her injury and aftermath, very hard to watch.

Of course need to wait for dx, but from an eligibility concern, if needed, could she use a med redshirt AND regular redshirt if needed (option of 1-2 seasons to recover)?
NC Kodiak
I will not doubt her tenacity and drive. People can do amazing things when they ignore the predictions of the medical field.
Pale Rider
historian said:

Wichitabear said:

Yes. She is such a great player and my heart just hurts for her. But, we know she is a fighter. Prayers up. God is good.
AMEN brother!

Quote:

Quote:

Too much speculation can be toxic.

As well as irresponsible.
xiledinok
Lauren woke up a champion this morning. She just needs our support in her rehab. Also, give her parents some love and support. They also had a pretty hard night last night with the emotions they endured. Some one give her dad a pat on the back and let him know we saw his love for his daughter.
In the end, Lauren's hard work paid off and helped lead her team to a championship.
CavalryRoadie
Happy to see LC made the All-Tournament Team!
LadyChickBear
CavalryRoadie said:

Where can we find the All-tournament team? I have not been able to find. Thanks!!
WacoKelly83
Cox, Brown , Jackson
Arike, Mabry

No one from UConn or Oregon
bubbadog
WacoKelly83 said:

Cox, Brown , Jackson
Arike, Mabry

Didi and Juicy are the reason that Ionescu isn't on that team.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
The "good" news is that surgeries have advanced to the point where her will knee will be fine, IF NOT STRONGER, in the following years. The way the leg bent, I thought it could have been a fractured fibula.
CavalryRoadie
bubbadog said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Cox, Brown , Jackson
Arike, Mabry

Didi and Juicy are the reason that Ionescu isn't on that team.
Ain't that the truth?
CavalryRoadie
LadyChickBear said:

CavalryRoadie said:

Where can we find the All-tournament team? I have not been able to find. Thanks!!
Buried at the end of this article.....

https://www.heraldtribune.com/sports/20190407/ncaa-tournament-baylor-edges-notre-dame-for-womens-title
slimecap
from Kansas head coach

Pale Rider
BarleyMcDougal said:

The "good" news is that surgeries have advanced to the point where her will knee will be fine, IF NOT STRONGER, in the following years. The way the leg bent, I thought it could have been a fractured fibula.

That's exactly what I thought.
slimecap
for Lauren

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.