Lauren Cox

203,341 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
Wichitabear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GarlandBear84 said:

Lauren will play on ESPN2 tonight at 9.
Thank you
GarlandBear84
12 minutes tonight with 6/3/2 in another loss.
Pale Rider
Watched Lauren. Her team is really bad.
bawitdaball
Watched the game. She had some bright spots. She has a very sluggish team that is more 1:1 than team. They are young and will get better - I'm glad this season is short and can't wait for her to become the star she is destined to be.
BUVA
bawitdaball said:

Watched the game. She had some bright spots. She has a very sluggish team that is more 1:1 than team. They are young and will get better - I'm glad this season is short and can't wait for her to become the star she is destined to be.

I watched until halftime. Saw at least one successful high-low pass to McCown; next attempt was blocked. Lauren is looking more confident.
GarlandBear84
Lauren plays on CBS at 3 today. I'll record and watch later, so I can fast-forward unless she's on the court.
GarlandBear84
Actually I won't waste time watching it as the Fever lost and Lauren only played seven minutes, scored two with no boards or assists.
Wichitabear
GarlandBear84 said:

Actually I won't waste time watching it as the Fever lost and Lauren only played seven minutes, scored two with no boards or assists.
ugh
fredbear
LC on the bench. What a waste! Coach played bigs sparingly. TM to slow. Lauren was the key, but key was on the bench. Frustrating!
Wichitabear
fredbear said:

LC on the bench. What a waste! Coach played bigs sparingly. TM to slow. Lauren was the key, but key was on the bench. Frustrating!
I agree. She needs more playing time. Why not let her get it. This team is not going to win a championship this year.
ftblbob5
Wichitabear said:

fredbear said:

I agree. She needs more playing time. Why not let her get it. This team is not going to win a championship this year.
It seems the head coach that they have doesn't understand the advantage she possesses in McGowan and Cox. She's short, so she probably was a guard and, therefore, is oriented toward guard dominant offense/defense.

She, obviously, made the decision to match up with Dallas with the smaller, athletic lineup. In doing so, she gave away the team's advantage in size, the league leading offensive rebounding advantage, and opened up the lane for the quick Dallas players to have a go at the rim any time they wanted.

If I owned this team, I'd get me a coach that understands the benefits of having players like McGowan and Cox. Almost no one in the league can congest the lane as well as those two together.
2022 Adopt A Bear: Jackie Marshall - 6'3",281, R-Fr, East St. John HS, LaPlace, LA

Respect the game.
Wichitabear
ftblbob5 said:

Wichitabear said:

fredbear said:

It seems the head coach that they have doesn't understand the advantage she possesses in McGowan and Cox. She's short, so she probably was a guard and, therefore, is oriented toward guard dominant offense/defense.

She, obviously, made the decision to match up with Dallas with the smaller, athletic lineup. In doing so, she gave away the team's advantage in size, the league leading offensive rebounding advantage, and opened up the lane for the quick Dallas players to have a go at the rim any time they wanted.

If I owned this team, I'd get me a coach that understands the benefits of having players like McGowan and Cox. Almost no one in the league can congest the lane as well as those two together.
Totally agree
AirBear
ftblbob5 said:

Wichitabear said:

fredbear said:

Sounds like they need to hire Bill Laimbeer away from the LV Aces.
keysjaws
Lauren looked 'out of sync" and a step behind the offensive AND defensive scheme. She may still need to 'catch up" because of the time she missed.
GarlandBear84
Tonight Lauren played 17 minutes and scored six, three boards and four assists in a blowout loss.
GarlandBear84
In another blowout loss Lauren scored five and had five boards in 15 minutes.
GarlandBear84
In another blowout loss Lauren only played three minutes and scored three. The Fever stink.
Baylorkid
Lauren might have a knee injury the fever tweeted!
BaylorBearWBBFan
Yes, she exited the game with a knee injury. The Fever went down big early, they inserted the bench who did very well, and then Lauren went down and it got it went downhill.
willtalk
People need to realize it is a big adjustment to the WNBA our of college. With some players it takes longer. Some skill sets also do not translate as well to the next level and take more adjustments. Usually, we won't be able to tell until at least their second year.
SABaylorFan
willtalk said:

People need to realize it is a big adjustment to the WNBA our of college. With some players it takes longer. Some skill sets also do not translate as well to the next level and take more adjustments. Usually, we won't be able to tell until at least their second year.
Agreed, and this adjustment applies to both the player moving from college to the WNBA and the team that she is joining. The unique circumstances of this season make this adjustment even more challenging then it would be in more normal times.

While their WL record does not reflect it, the Fever have a considerable amount of talent on their roster. We won't really know what they are capable of until next season.

Wichitabear
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Yes, she exited the game with a knee injury. The Fever went down big early, they inserted the bench who did very well, and then Lauren went down and it got it went downhill.
I pray it is not serious.
slimecap
SABaylorFan
It's Diabetes Awareness Month, so here's an article about LC from the Fever's website:

https://fever.wnba.com/news/lauren-cox-type-1-diabetes/

It's great to see her using her voice to inspire others.
gobears20
Staff
slimecap

Dec 14, 2020

"Look who stopped by the Ferrell Center this afternoon!
Join LC tonight at 6pm to watch our Big 12 home opener against Texas Tech!."

- Kim Mulkey twitter feed
Wichitabear
slimecap said:

Dec 14, 2020

"Look who stopped by the Ferrell Center this afternoon!
Join LC tonight at 6pm to watch our Big 12 home opener against Texas Tech!." Our girl!!! Glad she will be there.

- Kim Mulkey twitter feed

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.