Lauren Cox

204,745 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Smart move.
blueeyedbear
historian said:

Smart move.
Agreed - Lauren does not know how to run her motor at less then 100.0% - No need to risk her for a meaningless game - now that she is cleared to play and with the Christmas break she has the time to work herself back into playing shape at a responsible pace.
blueeyedbear
Just sick about Bickle !!! I hate to hear about any injury to any athlete but Katelin was just starting to make some real progress towards getting some meaningful minutes - So sad to see this happen to her - Get well Katelin !!!!
Casual Observer
Lauren was back in a boot this morning as the rest of the team warmed up for the game.
BU71
Warrior that she is they may have tied the boot to her foot to keep her from trying to sneak into the game
Casual Observer
She took it off for the game.
Bone Squad
She looks pretty comfortable on it here.

BUbackerinET
Will she be ready to go on the 30th?
Bone Squad
Should be:

"She has been cleared to play," Head coach Kim Mulkey said. "But I'm not gonna play her till we get back from holidays. What good would that do? We're leaving. After the game tomorrow and they'll be off for a little while and come back and play Morehead State so hopefully she'll be ready to go and is in enough shape to where she feels like she can contribute, but she's been cleared to play."

By the way, I'll be there to watch both the men's and women's games that day. I wouldn't mind meeting up with anybody else that's going. That is, unless Coach Drew calls my number and needs me to log some minutes. I still have 4 years NCAA eligibility.
historian
Bone Squad said:

Should be:

"She has been cleared to play," Head coach Kim Mulkey said. "But I'm not gonna play her till we get back from holidays. What good would that do? We're leaving. After the game tomorrow and they'll be off for a little while and come back and play Morehead State so hopefully she'll be ready to go and is in enough shape to where she feels like she can contribute, but she's been cleared to play."

By the way, I'll be there to watch both the men's and women's games that day. I wouldn't mind meeting up with anybody else that's going. That is, unless Coach Drew calls my number and needs me to log some minutes. I still have 4 years NCAA eligibility.
I will be there for the MBB game & probably for the Lady Bears as well. I'm looking forward to more Baylor basketball.

Sic 'em Bears!
slimecap

Sic 'em Lauren !
historian
Great photo! Thanks for posting.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
slimecap

Lauren Cox vs UConn on Jan 9, 2020
16 points, 4 blocks, 4 assists & 6 rebounds
Played 39 minutes and 43 seconds
Pale Rider
Quite simply......the very best.
gold rewards
I can't wait til she gets into "game shape"....(!)

edited for spelng.
David Lasseter
with all apologies to the Oregon Guard we saw last year in the semifinals who the best player was ...the Oregon girl was stymied by DiDi and Lauren was rocking as always. To me and i am sure this is being a homer but Lauren is the best Women's NCAA Basketball Payer ...she will not win Player of the year but she could care less as she wants the National Title...She is so unselfish.

SICEM LADY BEARS!!!!!!
David
slimecap
David Lasseter said:

Lauren is the best Women's NCAA Basketball Player

Jan 9, 2020 vs UConn
chorne68
agree
Wichitabear
Yes, yes she is!
BuinmyBlood
gold rewards said:

I can't wait til she gets into "game shape"....(!)

edited for spelng.
"splg"? Extremely well played if done on purpose.
BuinmyBlood
slimecap said:

Lauren is the definition of a warrior. It's no coincidence that the last two games we've lost in the last 2 years were when she was unavailable to play for us. You cannot overstate her importance to this team...
ftblbob5
IMO, Lauren is the BEST player in women's college basketball, but she won't win Player of the Year because she won't post huge numbers because she plays as part of a really good team. She doesn't have to post big numbers. Her strength is defense and being able to play within the framework of the offense - seeing the whole court and making great decisions. POY will go to one of the players on a weaker team that posts big numbers. I hate this.
2022 Adopt A Bear: Jackie Marshall - 6'3",281, R-Fr, East St. John HS, LaPlace, LA

Respect the game.
LIB,MR BEARS
ftblbob5 said:

IMO, Lauren is the BEST player in women's college basketball, but she won't win Player of the Year because she won't post huge numbers because she plays as part of a really good team. She doesn't have to post big numbers. Her strength is defense and being able to play within the framework of the offense - seeing the whole court and making great decisions. POY will go to one of the players on a weaker team that posts big numbers. I hate this.
or, it could go to Naismith, I mean NaLyssa Smith. She is the benefactor of Lauren's play I think. For that to happen though, BU would have to win the natty again. And I'm all for that.
blueeyedbear
BuinmyBlood said:

slimecap said:

Lauren is the definition of a warrior. It's no coincidence that the last two games we've lost in the last 2 years were when she was unavailable to play for us. You cannot overstate her importance to this team...
Agreed, But we need Queen and Degrate to step up and earn some playing minutes because they are productive with those minutes because we cannot afford to have Lauren piling up 40 minutes every conference game !!
She should get maybe 30 minutes a game and be ready for the 40 she is probably going to have to play after the second round in the tournament
slimecap

Jan 14, 2020
Wichitabear
I don't think we are going to be able to count on Degrate much. She is slow and there' s a reason Kim didn't recruit her the 1st time. She is a sweet person and I hope she loves Baylor.
BUVA
blueeyedbear said:

BuinmyBlood said:

slimecap said:

Agreed, But we need Queen and Degrate to step up and earn some playing minutes because they are productive with those minutes because we cannot afford to have Lauren piling up 40 minutes every conference game !!
She should get maybe 30 minutes a game and be ready for the 40 she is probably going to have to play after the second round in the tournament

I feel about Queen the way I felt about Kristina Higgins and Sune Abuke in their early years. You know they had the talent, but they just didn't contribute much their first couple of years. My fear is Queen will leave, and IMHO she is more talented than either Kristina or Sune. They hung on and did great. With this being LC's last year and Gusters coming in next year, I hope she continues to develop and will start or rotate in for Nylssa and Hannah. If Bickle comes through, I fear Queen's chances shrink. I want them ALL to stay!
bawitdaball
So which coach voted Oregon State #1...and did they not even check the scoresheet for Sunday's game?
BU71
BUVA said:

blueeyedbear said:

BuinmyBlood said:

slimecap said:

I feel about Queen the way I felt about Kristina Higgins and Sune Abuke in their early years. You know they had the talent, but they just didn't contribute much their first couple of years. My fear is Queen will leave, and IMHO she is more talented than either Kristina or Sune. They hung on and did great. With this being LC's last year and Gusters coming in next year, I hope she continues to develop and will start or rotate in for Nylssa and Hannah. If Bickle comes through, I fear Queen's chances shrink. I want them ALL to stay!
I really hope Queen stays and I believe she will. I think she presses too hard at times. Her talent is obvious but she is still learning to let the game come to her. In addition to her physical talent she is also a very intelligent young lady, I fully expect her to grow and flourish at Baylor.
CavalryRoadie
Kalani Brown started one game as a freshman, and averaged 14.4 minutes per game.

I understand that Gusters is 6'5" and is a great high school player. That said, I believe the starting job will be Queen's in '20-'21 - until the time CKM says that a freshman is going to take Queen's place.

Now, if a tall, skilled grad transfer comes in....
lookin4awin
Dont see Gusters starting over Queen next year. Freshman has way too much to learn. Queen is waiting her turn for next year and is going to be great.
slimecap

TENACITY
Jan 15, 2020 @ Kansas
slimecap

EVERY POSSESSION COUNTS
Lauren Cox dives for the ball in the 2nd half.
Baylor led at halftime 50-15.
Mulder
Another quality game from Lauren Cox.
She was outstanding in the high post.
An Objective Fan of The Former Baylor Lady Bears.
slimecap

Three Big 12 women's basketball student-athletes have been named candidates for the 2019-20 Senior CLASS Award. Big 12 women's basketball representatives include Lauren Cox (Baylor), Peyton Williams (K-State) and Sug Sutton (Texas).

An acronym for Celebrating Loyalty and Achievement for Staying in School, the Senior CLASS award focuses on the total student-athlete and encourages students to use their platform in athletics to make a positive impact on their communities. To be eligible for the award student-athletes must be classified as an NCAA Division I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence, including community, classroom, character and competition.

Both the men's and women's candidates will be narrowed to two fields of 10 finalists in February and will be placed on the official ballot. Ballots will be distributed nationally to media, coaches and fans who will select one male and one female winner. The 2019-20 Senior CLASS Award women's winner will be recognized at the 2020 NCAA Women's Final Four in New Orleans.

- Excerpts from BIG 12 WBB website. 17 Jan 2020

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.