Lauren Cox

204,733 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wichitabear said:

Loved those questions!! Always great to hear what Lauren is thinking. Thank you so much for posting these!

Double Ditto.
57Bear
BU82EX said:

jumpinjoe said:

Kaylee committed to play volleyball at Missouri a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we can get Maddie since we lost out on Kaylee. Probably wanted to get out from under her sisters shadow at BU. Bummer though, would have liked to have another Cox on campus, regardless of the sport.

BU Volleyball is currently ranked #1. Missouri Volleyball is currently ranked #25. Was she offered a volleyball scholarship by Baylor?
Wichitabear
Surely she was. Maybe she just wanted to be on a different campus than big sis. Finding her own success. I get it but would have been excited to get her. If she is the middle child, this would make sense. Middle children think differently. I know I have 3 adult children and the middle child will sure tell me quickly how hard it was to be a middle child lololol
WacoKelly83
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/baylor-bears/2019/10/23/back-from-scary-knee-injury-former-flower-mound-star-lauren-cox-is-ready-to-lead-baylor-back-to-the-national-championship-game/
slimecap
Doug Feinberg
Favorite cheat food; goto dance move; favorite WNBA player?

Lauren Cox
Cheat food= brownies
Favorite WNBA player= Elena Delle Donne
slimecap
Jay Cohen
What is your favorite basketball movie of all time?

Lauren Cox
Rebound!
slimecap

Lauren Cox (15) vs Langston 25 Oct 2019
slimecap

Lauren Cox vs Langston University
Oct 25, 2019

"It's just good to not beat up on each other and beat up on somebody else a little bit," said Lauren Cox. "It was good for us, good to see some new players out there getting some good playing time, good minutes."

Lauren double-doubled with 26 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists & 4 blocks in just 20 minutes.

- Baylor WBB website
slimecap

slimecap

slimecap

"Before the game Lauren and Whitney Cox and their family presented a check for $3,000 from Melvin Bruggeman to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Bruggeman, who passed away in September, was Whitney and Lauren's grandfather and a faithful supporter of their basketball careers."

- Chad Conine, Waco Tribune-Herald, 30 Oct 2019
BuinmyBlood
Wow. Assuming that is Maddie to the far left she is a dead ringer for Lauren. If I'm not mistaken she is the one in the group that looks to possibly be as good or even possibly better than Lauren was at this stage in her basketball career.

Sure hope she comes to Baylor! We need to keep that lineage. Great family, great values, great ambassadors for the school and for diabetes. Just quality human beings...
Pale Rider
BuinmyBlood said:

Wow. Assuming that is Maddie to the far left she is a dead ringer for Lauren. If I'm not mistaken she is the one in the group that looks to possibly be as good or even possibly better than Lauren was at this stage in her basketball career.

Sure hope she comes to Baylor! We need to keep that lineage. Great family, great values, great ambassadors for the school and for diabetes. Just quality human beings...

Absolutely amen and amen again. Beautiful family.
jumpinjoe
I saw Flower Mound play Coppell in Volleyball a couple of weeks ago, and Kaycee was a bit taller than Maddie, so I'm guessing that it's Kaycee by Lauren and Maddie by her mother.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Dcheetah
pretty sure that is Maddie by LC at the end.
Pale Rider
Dcheetah said:

pretty sure that is Maddie by LC at the end.
pretty sure you're right.
Heart
What a beautiful, talented family, the Cox family!
DFW Bill
Maddie is not wearing glasses in the photo, may now have contacts. She is listed as a 6'3" Freshman by Flower Mound High School. Yes, she is next to Lauren on the left.
bowdedg
Polarbear
Nice article on Lauren in this week's Sports Illustrated.
Polarbear
Article is focused on Lauren's talent, and on overcoming diabetes. Nice exposure for her and the program.

Here's my favorite bit. In discussing Lauren's knee injury in NC game, and the initial question of whether she could come back this year fully healthy, Juicy had this to say:

"If she was going to have to redshirt," says senior guard Juicy Landrum, "I would have redshirted with her."
That's fantastic.
historian
I could not find it.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Polarbear
It's in the print edition; I'm still old school enough to subscribe. I don't see the article on SI online.
historian
Thanks. I drew the same conclusion. Maybe it will be available later.

I noticed they did have interesting looking articles on Tech's MBB & SMU football.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
slimecap
2019-20 AP Preseason All-American

slimecap
6 potential Naismith Player of the Year candidates
Lauren Cox, Baylor

"Fresh off a national championship, Cox may be asked to do more for Baylor in her senior season after her front court mate Kalani Brown graduated. Lindy's Sports, Athlon and Street & Smith have already named Cox as a preseason All-American.

A season ago, the Flower Mound, Texas native was the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, a third team All-American, the most outstanding player from the Greensboro Regional, a finalist for the McClain Award and an All-Big 12 First Team selection.

Cox was sixth in the nation in blocks last season and averaged 13 points, 8.3 rebounds and 3.7 assists per-game. If Cox stays healthy and paves the way for Baylor to another Final Four, she could be in the mix for the sport's biggest individual award."

Link for 30 Oct 2019 entire article
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2019-10-30/6-potential-naismith-player-year-candidates-womens-college?utm_campaign=inline-article
slimecap

Wichitabear
Contemplating. Final year baby girl. Thank you for giving us all your wonderful talent and showing others what it means to have strength in adversity. Lets Sic Em one more year!!!!!
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

Contemplating. Final year baby girl. Thank you for giving us all your wonderful talent and showing others what it means to have strength in adversity. Lets Sic Em one more year!!!!!
EasyE
BuinmyBlood said:

I have read that Kaycee is a highly regarded prospect in volleyball, so we will take them both, in their respective sport.
jumpinjoe
Kaycee has already committed to Missouri for volleyball.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
slimecap
Polarbear said:

It's in the print edition; I'm still old school enough to subscribe. I don't see the article on SI online.
si.com/college/2019/11/07/baylor-lauren-cox-diabetes
bowdedg
BREAKING: Per #Baylor, Lady Bears All-American Lauren Cox to miss time with right-foot injury. Cox sustained a stress reaction to the second metatarsal on her right foot and expected to miss time.
Baylorkid
Dang It! I hope she gets better! We'll need her down the stretch this season!
Pale Rider
bowdedg said:

BREAKING: Per #Baylor, Lady Bears All-American Lauren Cox to miss time with right-foot injury. Cox sustained a stress reaction to the second metatarsal on her right foot and expected to miss time.

What is a stress reaction exactly?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.