Lauren Cox

204,697 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All the time!
Pale Rider
historian said:

God is good!

All the time.
slimecap

historian
Nice.

Thanks for sharing.
Chibears2
Looks like fun! I'm hoping all those freshmen enjoyed themselves so much that they're working hard to make sure they contribute to BU's returning to the festivities in New Orleans!

Sic'em!

Next year in Nawlins!
Heart
Thanks, slimecap! That was fun to watch
joseywales
Please leave God out of sports...ask the sets of parents of the 93 million kids under 5 who died in the world last year how they feel about God...please
curtpenn
joseywales said:

Please leave God out of sports...ask the sets of parents of the 93 million kids under 5 who died in the world last year how they feel about God...please
Sorry if you've been triggered. Now be a good fellow and move along, please.
bowdedg
Pale Rider
joseywales said:

I hope and pray they feel the same way I did when my little brother drowned in our pool when only 2 years old. We trusted in a sovereign and loving heavenly Father who gave His child to die so that I could live and see my little brother again.
Wichitabear
Ok thanks for reminding us. God already knows that too. Historian is a good man. He of all people doesn't need to be corrected by you
OsoCoreyell
joseywales said:

Sigh. The "If bad things happen in the world then how can there be a God or how can you call him good?" argument is pretty worn out, chief. Please spend at least the 15 seconds of internet searching it would take you to find this whole high-school sophomore philosophy class question debated out in incredible detail.
historian
bowdedg said:

I see no signs of a leg brace!! Thank God she appears to be healing up nicely--and quickly.

Yes, I give God thanks because all good things come from Him. (see James 1:17)
Wichitabear
Exactly
slimecap

2023 Baylor verbal commit Sammie Wagner with Lauren Cox
at 2018 Baylor Summer Camp

Sammie won Best Offense award playing with the HS group. Lauren was her coach.
bowdedg
Pale Rider
Would be very nice to know who all those athletes are.
CNC
I agree Pale Rider

So far, I got the following:
(L to R)
no clue, no clue, no clue, no clue, no clue, Lauren Cox, no clue, no clue
historian
At least we can rule out the rest of the WBB squad--and I don't think I recognize anyone from MBB. That leaves 17 other sports to consider!
slimecap

Polarbear
A little internet research:
Denzel Goolsby, KState football
Jamarquis Durst, UT football
Zuri Sanders, TTech basketball
Lindsay Proctor, West Virginia volleyball
JaMee Asberry, Oklahoma State basketball
Lauren Cox, Baylor basketball
Nate Guyton, TCU football
Christian James, OU basketball
beardoc
ISU and KU gots nobody?
Wichitabear
Thank you Polarbear!!!
historian
Duh! For some reason I was thinking they were all Baylor. The Big 12 posted videos about each one at different times during the year.
Wichitabear
I kinda thought that too. So it's ok Historian.
slimecap
Hope this description helps. This is the 4th year of this BIG 12 campaign.
Through the campaign's first 3 years, over 250 student-athletes across all sports have been featured.

"The Big 12 Champions for Life campaign highlights student-athlete's life-changing stories through the opportunities that a scholarship provides. The young women and men given the opportunity to compete in their chosen sport embody the defining characteristics of a champion: leadership, perseverance, community service, and discipline.

Inspiring stories of student-athletes representing each of the conference's ten universities will be shared throughout the 2018-19 academic year. Serving as a role model both on the field and in the classroom, each of the student-athletes selected in the campaign truly encapsulates what being a champion for life is all about."

- BIG 12 Conference website
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

I kinda thought that too. So it's ok Historian.

That makes three of us. We are so innocent and naive.
Wichitabear
Aren't we! lol
slimecap
Lauren speaking at the Iron Sharpens Iron event in Dallas

bunation
joseywales said:

Please leave God out of sports...

Can't.

Read Psalm 24:1

historian
God is everywhere and belongs everywhere. If we try to banish God from any aspect of our lives, we are only asking for calamity.
LIB,MR BEARS
I don't know if God cares who wins a game or not. However, I do believe He will allow people to be placed in positions that will bring Him glory. Sometimes that is atop an Olympic platform (Eric Liddell) and sometimes that is in minor league baseball (Tim Tebow).

mojobear
AMEN LIB
Pale Rider
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I don't know if God cares who wins a game or not. However, I do believe He will allow people to be placed in positions that will bring Him glory. Sometimes that is atop an Olympic platform (Eric Liddell) and sometimes that is in minor league baseball (Tim Tebow).

+2
UBBY
historian said:

God is everywhere and belongs everywhere. If we try to banish God from any aspect of our lives, we are only asking for calamity.
No he isn't and doesn't. Especially not on public entities like on police vehicles or on dollar bills. Schools either.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.