Lauren Cox

204,711 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well I know who would get my vote.
historian
No doubt the other ladies are qualified but Lauren should be a lock. NO, I'm not the least bit biased!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Wichitabear
Lololol ok with me!
slimecap

Jan 22, 2020 vs TCU
slimecap

Jan 25, 2020 vs Texas Tech
slimecap

@ Texas on Jan 31, 2020
10 points. 9 rebounds. 4 assists. 1 block. 34 minutes.
Wichitabear
I'm trying to treasure moments like this. Really going to miss this young lady.
Pale Rider
Amazon Warrior. Unbeatable.
CavalryRoadie
Dang! LC can elevate!
Pale Rider
Love those unis.
slimecap

The Los Angeles Athletic Club has announced its John R. Wooden Award Presented by Wendy's Women's Late Season Top 20 Watch List on ESPN2. Chosen by a poll of national college basketball experts based on their performances during the first half of the 2019-20 season, the list is comprised of 20 student-athletes who are currently the front-runners for the sport's most prestigious honor and the John R. Wooden Award All American Team.

Lauren Cox Baylor BIG 12 6-4 Sr F

Link for other 19 athletes on the Top 20 Watch List
https://www.woodenaward.com/john_r_wooden_award_presented_by_wendy_s_announces_2019_20_women_s_late_season_top_20_watch_list
slimecap

@ Oklahoma State on Feb 15, 2020

Baylor head coach Kim Milkey stated
"We have been playing in spurts the last three weeks. You hadn't had your full team on the floor healthy. (Starting forward Lauren) Cox was out the first part of the season, then we get her back and Nalyssa Smith goes out. When you get my team on that floor healthy for a long period of time, I think we can be special. We're a different team than we have been, but we got some tremendous athletes and scorers."

- John Tranchina, AP
Bone Squad
The faces Lauren makes in these action shots crack me up.
Wichitabear
She didn't foul that Brewergirl!
slimecap

@ Texas Tech on Feb 18, 2020
13 points. 5 assists. 7 rebounds. 3 blocks. 1 steal. 37 minutes.
setshot
Lauren is a real warrior, with a warrior's competitive spirit. She probably has more trouble than some with a short turnaround between games, especially back to back away games. It is remarkable how well her conditioning is after missing so much time with the foot injury and dealing with the diabetes problem. Usually when she is just a bit slow and often winded, it is a sign of accumulated fatigue and we see it most often when there is a short turnaround. She should be back to her normal game on Saturday.
Pale Rider
Good insight set. Spot on.
Polarbear
Warrior's competitive spirit. Yes.

When Lauren is on the floor on offense, the ball has energy. Our passes are better, our cuts and movement have more purpose. There is a noticeable difference in our offensive approach when she's off the floor.

When Lauren is on the floor on defense, our rotations and help defense are more effective. We play with higher energy and intensity. One of my favorite little things is watching how frustrated she gets when we give up a bucket because somebody missed an assignment, or was late on a rotation. Her iq is off the charts, and she not only knows where she should be she also knows where her teammates should be. There is a noticeable difference in our defensive effectiveness when she's off the floor.

She is a force multiplier.
Pale Rider
Polarbear with a slam dunk.
blueeyedbear
slimecap said:

@ Texas Tech on Feb 18, 2020
13 points. 5 assists. 7 rebounds. 3 blocks. 1 steal. 37 minutes.
My heart stopped for a couple of seconds when LC was lying on the floor
slimecap

vs Oklahoma on Feb 22, 2020

15 points. 7-9 FG. 3 assists. 11 rebounds. 2 blocks. 3 steals. 27 minutes.
BU71
slimecap said:

vs Oklahoma on Feb 22, 2020

15 points. 7-9 FG. 3 assists. 11 rebounds. 2 blocks. 3 steals. 27 minutes.
I'm glad Lauren only played 27 minutes, hopefully she can rest that foot a little more while she continues to get sharper for the tournament. We may be able to replace most of her stats but it will be hard to replace her leadership and warrior spirit. I know that Didi and hopefully others will accept the challenge.
Wichitabear
These expressions crack me up
HoustonBear15
slimecap
Chibears2
Nice block, LC! Na na nat, na na nat...
hitmanmw
LC's favorite exclamation after a big-time block:

GIMME THAT!!!!!
bowdedg
Cox & Whitney named USBWA Pat Summit Courage Award winners! Great award that will be presented in New Orleans.

https://baylorbears.com/sports/womens-basketball
slimecap

vs Kansas State on Feb 29, 2020

22 points. 3 assists. 10 rebounds. 2 blocks. 4 steals. 29 minutes.
Scored in double figures 84th time in her career and in the 4th-straight game.
Saddle Up!
I don't know if this bears out statistically, slimecap, but yesterday's game looked and felt like Lauren's most complete and aggressive game this season, and she basically only played three quarters worth of basketball.
Pale Rider
I absolutely loved that steal and full court breakaway for the layup.
Wichitabear
She's back!!!!!
historian
Lauren had another great game. During the postgame celebration, I had a nice chat with her Dad. Wonderful salt of the earth kind of guy.
BuinmyBlood
I absolutely thought she played the best and looked the best she has all year. Super aggressive, quick, decisive, and under control. And her shot even looked much better. My guess is she is just finally getting in playing shape, and healthy for the first time this year. I think it can never be underestimated the drain the diabetes can have on Lauren at times. She's just such a warrior that she plays through it regardless.

If what we saw yesterday is a sign of what we can expect, performance-wise, from Lauren, from this point on and into the B12 and NCAA tournaments, I really like our chances of going all the way again.

One thing I've always loved about Kim-coached teams here at Baylor. When she sees that finish line she knows exactly what to do as far as player prep, motivation, and coaching to get her players to execute at peak level, and put the hammer down on opponents that need to have the lights snuffed out of them lest they think they have a chance of winning. It is an extremely rare day that she ever allows an inferior team to upset her bunch when she's on a quest. Unfathomably consistent . It's really quite remarkable...
Wichitabear
Great post BuinmyBlood!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.