Lauren Cox

204,715 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
bowdedg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What I'm reading, a stress reaction is inflammation in the bone and a precursor to a stress fracture.

UBBY
How does that type of injury usually happen?
HoustonBear15
So does Queen or Erin replace her in the starting lineup?
CavalryRoadie
Time for Queen to shine!
geewago
Paging Egbo & DeGrate : Please come to the front as your services are needed.
hitmanmw
What is the anticipated recovery time??
SmallVol1
Best wishes for a quick healing. After last year, that just does not seem fair.
Dcheetah
stress fracture. Out 6-8 wks typically but may be longer with her diabetes.
mimi25408
She has a stress reaction ... not a fracture. You normally have a stress reaction before a fracture occurs. They caught it in good timing so recovery time will be shorter.
Dcheetah
that is great to hear! one of my friends had texted me she had a stress fracture and when I saw. the writeup I read what I had heard. Thx.
Dcheetah
it will be great for them to get extra PT and work in our offense and D. That can only pay dividends when LC comes back as long as no further injuries at the position.
Pale Rider
bowdedg said:

What I'm reading, a stress reaction is inflammation in the bone and a precursor to a stress fracture.

Appreciate your response my brother.
Pray this will be extremely minor.
Wichitabear
Loss of words. Praying for our girl to return soon. I just hate hearing this
blueeyedbear
Wichitabear said:

Loss of words. Praying for our girl to return soon. I just hate hearing this
Gotta give Alex Olson and Lauren tons of credit for collaboratively discovering this before it became a real problem and effected her entire season. Good communication and teamwork !!!!
Wichitabear
I would just be sick if she had to miss the entire season. Yes, I am thankful they caught this early.
LadyChickBear
So grateful they caught it!! Prayers and I agree the others can get better without depending on her to pick up the pace and she will hopefully be rested and raring to go!!!
blueeyedbear
LadyChickBear said:

So grateful they caught it!! Prayers and I agree the others can get better without depending on her to pick up the pace and she will hopefully be rested and raring to go!!!

Why to look at the silver lining. Mom always said "when God closes the door he always leaves a window open"
Pale Rider
Mom had great wisdom.
slimecap

Nov 14, 2019

Sending get well wishes to Lauren !
Wichitabear
Pale Rider
Praying for Lauren's quick recovery.
greggor25
Rest her until we play UCONN!
HarryJohnson
Should we be considering a medical redshirt? I remember Alexis Prince sitting a year due to foot issues. They are slow to heal.
bearbone11
Everyone should listen to the presser from yesterday starting at 7:30. Kim does not sound overly concerned and it seems like this is entirely precautionary because these games don't matter. If the Final Four started tomorrow, I think Lauren would play.

R11
Bone Squad
I won't be surprised if she rests all through non-conference. That will be a shame in the UConn game, though. I don't even mean in the sense that it hurts our chances. It is just such a marquee match-up that you want your star player to be there adding to the fireworks.
BuinmyBlood
Not to mention - and it's a small thing - but I kind of like these long winning streaks. The media tends to obsess over them, and hype the team that possesses that streak.

With Lauren healthy I have almost no doubts we blow right through USF, South Carolina, and even UConn. But without her, all three of those might be dicey situations now.
blueeyedbear
BuinmyBlood said:

Not to mention - and it's a small thing - but I kind of like these long winning streaks. The media tends to obsess over them, and hype the team that possesses that streak.

With Lauren healthy I have almost no doubts we blow right through USF, South Carolina, and even UConn. But without her, all three of those might be dicey situations now.
I think the ladies playing without Lauren are going to surprise everyone just how good they are !!!
We will be fine - and I was concerned with the minutes Lauren was pilling up - I know CKM is looking for combinations that click right now but Lauren was playing a lot of minutes - I think this is a blessing in disguise.
Remember with CKM its DEFENCE first baby !!! This team can play defense better then even last years team on the perimeter - that should help with the 3 point bomber teams.
Also remember the Houston Baptist coach observation about the speed and athleticism of this team was very hard for her players to adjust too. They had never seen that level from any team before playing Baylor - that is going to be a common observation from opposing coaches this year.
As someone posted on another thread some time ago "we are warp speed fast"
Wichitabear
Awesome!
mlb60
I just finished going through something (actually still dealing with it some) a little worse than what Lauren has. Diabetes or not, she has the gift of youth and will heal quicker than a 59 y/o out of shape man. However, orthopedic docs who deal with feet have to be extremely conservative in treatment. Foot problems can really linger if treatment and recovery are rushed.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
blueeyedbear
mlb60 said:

I just finished going through (actually still dealing with it some) a little worse than what Lauren has. Diabetes or not, she has the gift of youth and will heal quicker than a 59 y/o out of shape man. However, orthopedic docs who deal with feet have to be extremely conservative in treatment. Foot problems can really linger if treatment and recovery are rushed.
I will second that !!!!!!
airforcebear
I am old school, but have experienced my own injuries, treated many....and I empirically recommend Vit C daily..For Lauren I would recommend 1000 to 2000 mg a day ....(ascorbic acid).. May help, won't hurt.
ScottS
Will she play tonight?
UBBY
ScottS said:

Will she play tonight?
No, she"ll be out for a number of weeks. I just don't know how many exactly.
DJHONSON
Is LC available for the tournament? We need her for South Carolina.
mimi25408
Click on kim's pre tournament presser video. Although it's a of great value to have her we dont "need" her.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.