Lauren Cox

204,742 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
LIB,MR BEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BarleyMcDougal said:

The "good" news is that surgeries have advanced to the point where her will knee will be fine, IF NOT STRONGER, in the following years. The way the leg bent, I thought it could have been a fractured fibula.
that was my thinking. I actually thought, in the long run, a broken leg would be better than a torn ACL/MCL/meniscus
HoustonBear15
They did x-rays so no break. Until an MRI is done we won't know the extent of the injury. What I do know, is that God is the ultimate provider of healing and produces miracles, so lifting LC up in prayer that there is no prominent structural damage and that she sees complete healing in the name of the Lord.
Miniscus
Anyone know the status of LC's injury?
Miniscus
Ooops partially answered my question.

Thanks
Wichitabear
Praise God
jdrs
It was good to see Lauren walking into the Farrell Center today without any crutches, just a brace on her leg.
WIBear
Does this give us any insight to her injury?
Pale Rider
jdrs said:

It was good to see Lauren walking into the Farrell Center today without any crutches, just a brace on her leg.

Wow. What a girl.
Pale Rider
HoustonBear15 said:

They did x-rays so no break. Until an MRI is done we won't know the extent of the injury. What I do know, is that God is the ultimate provider of healing and produces miracles, so lifting LC up in prayer that there is no prominent structural damage and that she sees complete healing in the name of the Lord.
historian
LadyChickBear said:

CavalryRoadie said:

Happy to see LC made the All-Tournament Team!
Where can we find the All-tournament team? I have not been able to find. Thanks!!
I heard it on the postgame radio broadcast while I was driving home.
historian
xiledinok said:

Lauren woke up a champion this morning. She just needs our support in her rehab. Also, give her parents some love and support. They also had a pretty hard night last night with the emotions they endured. Some one give her dad a pat on the back and let him know we saw his love for his daughter.
In the end, Lauren's hard work paid off and helped lead her team to a championship.

Absolutely!

The whole family needs our prayers now.

Quote:

Praise God
Always.

jdrs
No. But if I remember correctly Kristy Wallace also was able to walk around a bit before her surgery.
wuzzy bear
ACL's do not heal that quick to the degree that you can perform athletics once given the OK. RG3 is good example of coming back way too early.

She likely will redshirt next year. It may psychologically be a killer for her, but these kids have to realize you do what the docs tell you to. We have the players to do this all over again. We have to have ball and shooting skills to go with Queen and Nalyssa though. I heard Queen can actually dunk it and after this run they have all they need to know how to get this done. We need a couple players whether current or recruits to take the mid-range shot. I understand with LC and KB you don't really need to take those as your first option except right now for Juicy, but she has got to get more consistent.

It's a given the big 12 is not our issue anymore, but how far we can make the run. These current reserves can really play. We could have won the big12 with the second team this year so not worried about the big12 even if we lose a couple next year. By the tourney though, these players have all it takes to average wins by 20 pts easy. LC must be 100% and come back in 2020-21 for one last run at the title. I do not get the feeling it will be 7 yrs again before another title. Mulkey likely gone after a couple more years so she leaves almost impossible shoes to fill, but if she could be around for LC's last year that would be a blessing. She cannot coach forever and there are plenty of Mulkey types out there already within the system.

We are going to win it all again soon...
slimecap
Lauren exits the plane

bubbadog
jdrs said:

No. But if I remember correctly Kristy Wallace also was able to walk around a bit before her surgery.
Yeah, it's a common misconception that you can't walk at all if you've torn a ligament, or that if you can walk the damage isn't that serious. It's obviously better that she can walk today than if she couldn't, but we'll just have to wait and hope the MRI shows it's not too bad.
"Free your ass and your mind will follow." -- George Clinton
greggor25
Prayers for Lauren and her family. She is one tough lady and will be back. Thank you for everything you've done for Baylor!
wuzzy bear
You cannot play bball at any level until the ACL is tried and tested almost like one percent improvement a week after rehab! Bball is the hardest sport to play with that injury. No doubt she will have to redshirt so she can be her 100% effective self the following year. Even if she could play there won't be enough time to be at the level she wants and just like KW her fight is too much for that injury to handle. At least one year before she can be effective..
historian
Drew Galitz, our football punter, tore his ACL during pregame warm ups in the Tech game and still managed to make multiple good kicks. I imagine he was in serious pain, but he played before anyone knew how serious the injury was.
xiledinok
She'll be ready after a redshirt season. I look forward to her coming back and leading us to another championship.
The returning champs next season should embrace the burden without her. I hope she uses the extra year to get a Masters. She sure earned it.
WacoKelly83
On the local news they said they are doing the MRI this evening.
Heart
Prayers for a full recovery for Lauren
Wichitabear
Amen
Wichitabear
Lol, Historian that really doesn't make me feel any better
TXtoCO
Did anyone see BG go down recently in a game in what looked to be one of the worst injuries I had ever seen? It turned out to be a bruised knee and she rehabbed and was back in the same season.

LC may well have a torn ligament but until I hear that is what it is I am holding out hope for the best!
Wichitabear
Wouldn't that be great. Praying
HoustonBear15
TXtoCO said:

Did anyone see BG go down recently in a game in what looked to be one of the worst injuries I had ever seen? It turned out to be a bruised knee and she rehabbed and was back in the same season.

LC may well have a torn ligament but until I hear that is what it is I am holding out hope for the best!

A few months ago, I was playing a game of basketball and jumped for a rebound and came down on someone's foot. My knee hyperextended- I felt a pop and immediately went down to the ground in pain and was sure I had torn my ACL or a surrounding ligament. There was just so much pain that I hadn't experienced before and I think the fear of it being a serious injury made it so much worse. Turns out I had just sprained/bruised it and only required some rest and a few home exercises to become pain free. My injury looked bad too and I thought it was just as bad as it felt, but really there is a possibility that LC's injury may not cause her the struggles that most of us are imagining.
historian
Wichitabear said:

Lol, Historian that really doesn't make me feel any better
I know.

My only point is that a torn ACL is not is debilitating as some seem to think. I know next to nothing about it except how serious it is and how long the recovery can be (I think of RGIII & others). But we don't know that that is what Lauren has and I don't want to jump to any conclusions.

I also know that whatever her injury, she is tough and can get through it and, most important, God is in control.
LadyChickBear
CavalryRoadie said:

LadyChickBear said:

CavalryRoadie said:

Happy to see LC made the All-Tournament Team!
Where can we find the All-tournament team? I have not been able to find. Thanks!!
Buried at the end of this article.....

https://www.heraldtribune.com/sports/20190407/ncaa-tournament-baylor-edges-notre-dame-for-womens-title
thanks!! Found it on the NCAA Women's page!!!
4th and Inches
If it acl, i would bet she needs surgery and at least a year of rehab and use of the brace. This is not an injury to come baco early from...
At this point, I would expect her to red shirt next year
BU82EX
If it is an ACL, which after looking at the gruesome footage seems highly probable, is there a risk she decides to just get ready for next years NCAA tournament (12 mo recovery is logical) so she can go to the WNBA? Is that a threat? I know on the men's side someone of her caliber would be done with college the minute something like this happened, but not sure of the allure on the women's side to turn pro (Europe pays a lot more than U.S. and that will definitely be an option).
Wichitabear
That is so depressing. But, this would not surprise me if she didn't continue.
xiledinok
LadyChickBear said:

CavalryRoadie said:

Seeing some snarky comments on the OUHoops board, saying Cox is a dirty player. I guess those boneheads know more about the game than the coaches who picked Cox, unanimously, to both the 1st Team All-Big 12 and Big 12 Defensive team, as well as Defensive Player of the Year.
OU lost my respect years ago, but their "snarky" president's attack on Baylor after the Title 1 fiasco really pushed me over the edge. They are elitist without the elite. By the way, I have doctorate from OSU so that may also influence my feelings, but it is also because their fans gave Louisville a standing ovation when they beat us that nightmare game!!!
Boren is tied up in a sexual misconduct scandal.
His rump ranger self is about to get bent and not enjoy it for a change.
They cannot fire Coale and pay the next one the same.
They are in major debt.
jumpinjoe
I've heard it said, before the injury, that she wanted to play volleyball for Baylor for her fifth year. Taking a red shirt year for basketball would mess up those plans...or I should say this injury really has messed up her plans for the next two years.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
bawitdaball
I sent the Coxes a letter this morning thanking them for Lauren and congratulating them on an amazing season and raising n amazing child. I don't expect to hear anything back, but will let you know if I do
Wichitabear
Very nice thing to do

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.