Lauren Cox

204,712 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big 12 Champions for Life

Pale Rider
She's the best.
historian
slimecap said:

Big 12 Champions for Life

They played this video at the Farrell Center during the OU game. The lady has great courage and strength. The only thing lacking in the video was her statement of faith; the subtext shouts praise to God for helping her through this adversity.
Wichitabear
That's my girl!!!!
Wichitabear
God's little gift to Baylor University.
historian
Wichitabear said:

Or maybe a "big" gift!
Johnny Bear
historian said:

Wichitabear said:

Or maybe a "big" gift!
Amen!
mlb60
My favorite thing about Lauren is her toughness. Her skill set is awesome, but she's a bruiser.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
DFW Bill
As a Freshman she would retaliate when pushed or elbowed. Cox learned to play under control as a Sophomore.
She plays with an "edge", she is one strong, tough lady. Lauren will not back down, her competitive fire is always on display. She and Brown are the Team Captains. In person she is very large and long, certainly has an intimidating presence on the court.
historian
We will miss Kalani next year but Lauren is more than capable of being the team leader when that time comes. In addition, we will have so many talented lower class men that the team should look very good. It is a good time to be a Baylor Bear!

Sic 'em Lady Bears!
jumpinjoe
historian said:

We will miss Kalani next year but Lauren is more than capable of being the team leader when that time comes. In addition, we will have so many talented lower class WOmen that the team should look very good. It is a good time to be a Baylor Bear!

Sic 'em Lady Bears!
FIFY
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Bone Squad
slimecap said:

Feb 16, 2019

The faces people make during a basketball game. Do you think she uses this picture for her Facebook profile?
slimecap

Feb 20, 2019
gold rewards
There was a pic of Lauren jumping up to block a shot that was inside of an article posted here. It was take from ground level, was an across court shot, and it looked like Lauren was about 2 feet off the floor. Some poor child was about to shoot a three. Lauren was fully extended and was about to embarrass the poor girl. Anyone know where that article is? Can you post that photo in this thread? It was truly and incredible pick.
bowdedg
gold rewards said:

There was a pic of Lauren jumping up to block a shot that was inside of an article posted here. It was take from ground level, was an across court shot, and it looked like Lauren was about 2 feet off the floor. Some poor child was about to shoot a three. Lauren was fully extended and was about to embarrass the poor girl. Anyone know where that article is? Can you post that photo in this thread? It was truly and incredible pick.

Heart
What an athlete!! My favorite pic of Lauren!
Pale Rider
Best block ever!
Bone Squad
bowdedg said:

GET THAT OUT OF MY HOUSE!
Bone Squad
bowdedg said:

GET THAT OUT OF MY HOUSE!
BearFan33
When Cox came in, the effort and toughness were there but she oddly had poor touch around the basket. She always was a fine shooter. Over the next 2 years her touch around the basket has improved (a lot) and her defense and passing have gotten even better. IMO she has lived up to being the #1 rated recruit and even more is to come.
DFW Bill
The picture of Lauren's block is a classic. Scout Bear, Geewago and I sit behind the Lady Bears Bench, 14 Rows up looking at the free throw line, this block occurred across the court in the corner further away from us.

Three things come to mind, first the sound of Lauren's hand striking the ball was loud enough for us to hear it up in our seats. Second, her teammates went crazy. Third, a few days later I heard from down under. A gentlemen mentioned to me he had seen the block and thought it was amazing.

Again, what a great picture of a fabulous player.
uglytobone
Even better when you can blow it up to full screen:

Wichitabear
Fantastic!!!!! Great pic.
historian
From the January 24 game against Iowa State.
Wichitabear
Yes. Thank you Historian.
gold rewards
Thanks, Bowdedg. That is such an awesome pic! Should be a poster at the book store and available for online purchase.
slimecap

NC Kodiak
I'd say type I diabetes is one of the worst common diseases for anyone.. She does this amazingly well. I'm so proud of her! I'm praying for a cure!
slimecap

Feb 23, 2019
Saddle Up!
It seems like the last couple of games that Lauren has regressed to something she did a lot her freshman year, which is hammering her point blank shots from 3 feet and in off the backboard and rim. I also noticed a lot of her shots today were very flat, with no arch. I wonder if she's really tired or not feeling well. She's such a warrior!
Wichitabear
Me tooo. She is really an inspiring young lady. God love her.
WasheFuzzy
NC Kodiak said:

I'd say type I diabetes is one of the worst common diseases for anyone.. She does this amazingly well. I'm so proud of her! I'm praying for a cure!
I'm a type I diabetic and it is easy to hide your struggles. I pray that Lauren is truly taking care of herself because the long-term effects can be devastating.
slimecap

Feb 23, 2019
slimecap

Feb 23, 2019
ftblbob5
slimecap said:

Feb 23, 2019
No foul?
2022 Adopt A Bear: Jackie Marshall - 6'3",281, R-Fr, East St. John HS, LaPlace, LA

Respect the game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.