Lauren Cox

205,839 Views | 935 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Wichitabear
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

MVP
MVP
MVP
LadyChickBear
Wichitabear said:

That's true. I am just always so nervous when the game starts and until I see them play a few minutes. Lolol Heck, I'm nervous right now. I just want our girls to go to the final 4 sooo bad.
I'm with you!! I die a thousand deaths before they finally get going!!!
slimecap

Pale Rider
Unbelievable! Awesome! And incredible!
historian
She deserves her accolades. They are well earned.
historian
bubbadog
After a while, it just seems like there is little left to say about her that hasn't already been said many times. She is just such a complete player. It's rarer than hen's teeth to find a post player who does everything that Lauren does, and I think it's fair to say that Baylor has never had a post player with such a broad skillset.

I've started looking for favorite "Lauren moments" in each game because there almost always is something she does that stands out -- maybe something we don't see her already doing several times a game (such as the great passes to a cutter or to Juicy open for 3).

My favorite Lauren play from last night was in the 2nd quarter. We'd had some trouble getting passes over the top to Kalani. Lauren gets the ball in the high post and her first look is inside. Gustafson is fronting Kalani, and Kalani is down low enough that it's almost impossible to get a pass in to her. Iowa is doing a good job covering the perimeter and nobody else is really open. So Lauren just uses her size to back her defender all the way down to the block and powers the shot over her and in the basket -- just a display of physical dominance that the defender couldn't really do anything about. It was also a tone-setter for the rest of the game.

And this wasn't some jaw-dropping display of physical ability, like a highlight-reel dunk in the men's game. It was just a matter of analyzing the situation, recognizing the opportunity, and then executing.
historian
Speaks for itself:

slimecap

historian
slimecap said:

Thanks for posting a great pic.
Wichitabear
This one makes me cry! Happy Tears.
Pale Rider
The greatest. No close second.
slimecap

gold rewards
Still my favorite quote: "I take defense personally."
slimecap
gold rewards said:

Still my favorite quote: "I take defense personally."

Wichitabear
I like it!!!! Can't Stop Winners from Winning!
Pale Rider
One hour to go for a date with destiny.
LadyChickBear
Pale Rider said:

One hour to go for a date with destiny.
Trust me. My stomach knows!! Sic 'Em, Lady Bears!!
TechDawgMc
If we win on Sunday, Cox has to be the finals MVP unless someone does something spectacular
slimecap

I believe I see the Cox family
historian
Lauren Cox is amazing!!!
Wichitabear
You bet she is!!!
slimecap
historian said:

Lauren Cox is amazing!!!

jumpinjoe
TechDawgMc said:

If we win on Sunday, Cox has to be the finals MVP unless someone does something spectacular

That someone just might be DiDi if she can shut down Ogunbawale the same as she did Ionesco who shot 25% in field goals.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
KOKQB70
Have loved her game for 3 years, reminds me of Larry Bird, just one game from Natty, and if we win, with senior year left, greatest female hoops player in Baylor history, IMHO, sic em girls, make Grandpa cry tomorrow nite!
Pale Rider
Yep!
gone to Tickfaw
our best player down the stretch these past few months...

incredible
slimecap

Pale Rider
My deepest heartfelt prayers for a total and complete recovery for my favorite player.
But I love them all and could not be more proud, grateful and thankful for every single one of these National Champion Baylor Lady Bears. Much love and appreciation.
Wichitabear
Yes our girl is hurt brother PaleRider. Just lost my heart when she went down. Need prayers for a speedy recovery.
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

Yes our girl is hurt brother PaleRider. Just lost my heart when she went down. Need prayers for a speedy recovery.

You will have them for as long as it takes to get her back fully healed and better than ever.
ftblbob5
Prayers going up for Lauren Cox and her family. She's an incredible warrior and she is a wonderful representative of Baylor University - All-American and highest GPA of any of the Final 4 athletes. Wow!
2022 Adopt A Bear: Jackie Marshall - 6'3",281, R-Fr, East St. John HS, LaPlace, LA

Respect the game.
LadyChickBear
Wichitabear said:

Broke my heart and kinda made the win bittersweet!!
Wichitabear
Yes. She is such a great player and my heart just hurts for her. But, we know she is a fighter. Prayers up. God is good.
jdrs
Prayers for Lauren. Will make it hard to rewatch the game. What a tremendous player.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.