Ukraine invaded by Putin

68,321 Views | 1093 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HuMcK
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BornAgain said:

What is the opinion on Russia military not being superior to Ukraine? is Russia more intimidation and fear from Putin toward the West? Who predicted 19 days or longer ? curious as to opinions
I think the Ukrainian military is superior to the troops Russia has used. Russia has such a numbers advantage in hardware that is is difficult for Ukraine to win this thing. Put so far, tank to tank and man to man, the Ukrainians appear to be better trained, equipped and motivated. (Does Russia have its top line troops in reserve? I do not know, but suspect so.)

I don't think Putin and Russia care if the intimidate or make the West fearful, as long as he gets what he wants.
If he can't get it with threats, he will use force.
If force is not enough, he will intimidate
If intimidation does not work, he will go WMD
He will escalate until he gets his goal or is smacked down

19 days? I think the CV was 7 days and he would have command and control of the Nation with mop up.
That said, I believe that Putin is opportunistic. If he can't do it in 7 quickly and cleanly, he will go to attrition and trash the place. If he can't be surgical, intimidate and bludgeon the hell out of them, the Russian Army way of fighting. There is a reason Russian Artillery barrages are legendary, that is what they are good at beside making tough, simple arms.

I think Putin makes decisions based on the conditions on the ground, not some thought out plan that he follows. That is why some things I said 2 weeks ago, I have changed my opinion based on what he is doing now. And make no mistake, the current war strategy seems different than the first 7 days.

These are my opinions, like a cup of coffee. Worth about a dollar.

STxBear81
I'm no military expert. Appreciate your opinion. Not sure we belong there. But if Russia takes Ukraine and keeps moving I suspect we will
FLBear5630
BornAgain said:

I'm no military expert. Appreciate your opinion. Not sure we belong there. But if Russia takes Ukraine and keeps moving I suspect we will
I don't think military experts are experts anymore! It has been so long since a conventional war in Europe has been fought is anyone still alive that remembers? Has hardware changed so much who cares?

Think of this. The last great tank battle was Desert Storm in 91 fought in the open desert. What similarities does that have to this? Kuwait City, maybe the urban portion? Also, we (NATO) has focused on insurgents for 20 years. The NCO cadre (that is where wars are won) with conventional experience are retired, we are re-learning.

So, who know how this might play out? We had a better idea of what to expect in Iraq after our Afghanistan experience than this. In my opinion, I am interested in anyone's researched opinion.

The ones I don't like are those that don't want to do anything because they don't want to go. So to them there is nothing that should get the US involved.
jupiter
Canada2017
BornAgain said:

What is the opinion on Russia military not being superior to Ukraine? is Russia more intimidation and fear from Putin toward the West? Who predicted 19 days or longer ? curious as to opinions
Suspect harsh winter weather has slowed the Russian advance more than the Ukrainian military .

Once 'mud season' dries out and the skies clear........Putin will be able to begin his victory laps.

The real question is if the sanctions imposed by the West remain in place.....they'd better.
DioNoZeus
Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

Suspect harsh winter weather has slowed the Russian advance more than the Ukrainian military .

Once 'mud season' dries out and the skies clear........Putin will be able to begin his victory laps.

The real question is if the sanctions imposed by the West remain in place.....they'd better.
That's the long-term big problem for Putin. He will be charged with war crimes by the international court of justice and the sanctions will stay in place until Russia turns him over to stand trial.
Cobretti
FLBear5630
Cobretti said:

Well, I sure am glad Biden has N Korea under control.
DioNoZeus
RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Need to send ambassador Rodman back to cool things off
FLBear5630
DioNoZeus said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Need to send ambassador Rodman back to cool things off

Maybe Giggles can go over and spell out S-T-O-P, that spells stop.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Thank goodness no one is going to Tweet that young Kim is Rocket Man.
HuMcK
Has to be pretty shocking to the Russians that Ukraine still has this level of capability 3 weeks in.
Canada2017
DioNoZeus said:

Canada2017 said:

BornAgain said:

He will be charged with war crimes by the international court of justice and the sanctions will stay in place until Russia turns him over to stand trial.
As much as I would enjoy such a happenstance .....it is highly unlikely to occur .

Canada2017
RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Very surprised Japan has been so passive with all these N Korean provocations .

As the Japanese know they are a prime target .

Cobretti
VaeBear
Cobretti said:

Third in line...
FLBear5630
Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Japan is quietly gearing up. They seem to have more faith in themselves, than Biden.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/japan-stepping-its-readiness-counter-chinas-actions-198922
HuMcK
RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Japan is quietly gearing up. They seem to have more faith in themselves, than Biden.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/japan-stepping-its-readiness-counter-chinas-actions-198922
Some of y'all really need to learn/accept that not everything in the world has to do with Biden or Trump being in office, or how you can use it to try and score political points. You really think other countries are making 50yr decisions based on who is POTUS for a fraction of that time? They aren't.

There are times when you produce some clear and useful insight, then you go and offhand blame the current POTUS for things that began under his predecessor's watch (with his encouragement even!). A legit criticism of the Obama/Biden worldview is that they focus on countering China in the pacific to the point of taking their eyes off of Russia (remember Romney and the "foreign policy from the 80s" quip, because that's what that exchange was about), and you think Japan doesn't welcome that?

This is aimed at more users here than just you: stop consuming exclusively conservative propaganda and read some actual news.
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Some of y'all really need to learn/accept that not everything in the world has to do with Biden or Trump being in office, or how you can use it to try and score political points.
How convenient of you to say now that we have an angry, confused geriatric and a clueless, lazy bimbo in charge of the executive branch.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Some of y'all really need to learn/accept that not everything in the world has to do with Biden or Trump being in office, or how you can use it to try and score political points. You really think other countries are making 50yr decisions based on who is POTUS for a fraction of that time? They aren't.

There are times when you produce some clear and useful insight, then you go and offhand blame the current POTUS for things that began under his predecessor's watch (with his encouragement even!). A legit criticism of the Obama/Biden worldview is that they focus on countering China in the pacific to the point of taking their eyes off of Russia (remember Romney and the "foreign policy from the 80s" quip, because that's what that exchange was about), and you think Japan doesn't welcome that?

This is aimed at more users here than just you: stop consuming exclusively conservative propaganda and read some actual news.
This disaster and the thousands of deaths we are seeing from this invasion is not on Biden. It is on you and the other 81 million lame brains that voted for him. You own this. Not the dementia stricken man warming the chair in the Oval Office.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
HuMcK
Amal Shuq-Up said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Some of y'all really need to learn/accept that not everything in the world has to do with Biden or Trump being in office, or how you can use it to try and score political points.
How convenient of you to say now that we have an angry, confused geriatric and a clueless, lazy bimbo in charge of the executive branch.

But I thought you liked Trump?
Wangchung
"We can only use sanctions or Putin will nuke us!"
Can't wait for the next verse of this song;
"We can only use angry looks and fist shaking at the sky to fight Russia or Putin will nuke us!"
Democrat corruption and weakness brought us here, fueled by the ignorance of democrat voters.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
HuMcK
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

This disaster and the thousands of deaths we are seeing from this invasion is not on Biden. It is on you and the other 81 million lame brains that voted for him. You own this. Not the dementia stricken man warming the chair in the Oval Office.

I'm not sure I've ever seen you post anything even half as useful as RMF5630, and it is abundantly clear that you don't have any desire to actually understand what is going on.

Trump's National Security Advisor says he watched with his own eyes as Trump did Putin's work for him in Ukraine, and got impeached for it (even though you'll pretend otherwise) , but I'm sure you know better cause Breitbart or Patriot Farts or whatever told you so.

Whatever Putin thought the Western response would be, it's very clear that that he was wrong and his country is paying a heavy price for that miscalculation. Thanks for that, Joe. Rumor is we can chalk up about 5000 dead Russian soldiers, and God knows how much armor and aircraft, into Biden's ledger so far, but I'm sure you'll find a way to credit Trump for that somehow anyway.
Wangchung
HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

I'm not sure I've ever seen you post anything even half as useful as RMF5630, and it is abundantly clear that you don't have any desire to actually understand what is going on.

Trump's National Security Advisor says he watched with his own eyes as Trump did Putin's work for him in Ukraine, and got impeached for it (even though you'll pretend otherwise) , but I'm sure you know better cause Breitbart or Patriot Farts or whatever told you so.

Whatever Putin thought the Western response would be, it's very clear that that he was wrong and his country is paying a heavy price for that miscalculation. Thanks for that, Joe. Rumor is we can chalk up about 5000 dead Russian soldiers, and God knows how much armor and aircraft, into Biden's ledger so far, but I'm sure you'll find a way to credit Trump for that somehow anyway.
So Russia isn't winning in Ukraine right now? And here I thought Baghdad Bob was dead.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

This defense of Ukraine is a credit to the Ukranian people. Nobody else. Joe Biden hasn't done Jack Squat other than cower in the corner and poop his diapers. You must be a little slow in getting your news. Donald Trump is no longer President.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Biden has been in power for over a year. This bloody fiasco is on him and absolutely no one else within the US government .

Even for a hyper political partisan your steadfast deflection game is ridiculous .

HuMcK
Wangchung said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

So Russia isn't winning in Ukraine right now? And here I thought Baghdad Bob was dead.

Over 3 weeks in and they haven't achieved a single objective. Don't control any of the major cities (actually getting pushed back from Kharkiv), don't even come close to controlling the skies, their opponent is continually re-supplied by a seemingly bottomless pit of AT and AA munitions, more US drones on the way to make life even harder for them, foreign leaders are still able to visit Kyiv as a middle finger right to Putin's face, to say nothing of the economic situation stating Russia down...of course they can still win, but you tell me, does that sound like they are currently winning to you? And the insurgency they really fear hasn't even begun.

The Russian army flipped their reputation from fiercesome opponent to paper tiger in less than a month.
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

But I thought you liked Trump?
Yes, PeeWee, when is your big adventure?
HuMcK
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

This defense of Ukraine is a credit to the Ukranian people. Nobody else. Joe Biden hasn't done Jack Squat other than cower in the corner and poop his diapers. You must be a little slow in getting your news. Donald Trump is no longer President.

Are you seriously so blind that you don't understand we made that possible? Who do you think has been arming and training those people?
Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Are you seriously so blind that you don't understand we made that possible? Who do you think has been arming and training those people?
Javelins were initially approve in 2019. Can it be that both the Trump and Biden administrations did something to the Ukrainians defend themselves?
Canada2017
HuMcK said:

Wangchung said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Over 3 weeks in and they haven't achieved a single objective.

The Russian army flipped their reputation from fiercesome opponent to paper tiger in less than a month.
Are you perpetually stoned ?

Serious question .
HuMcK
Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Biden has been in power for over a year. This bloody fiasco is on him and absolutely no one else within the US government .

Even for a hyper political partisan your steadfast deflection game is ridiculous .

Lol, you were the one saying the Russians could beat us in a fight before the invasion kicked off. How you feeling about that boner of an idea 4 weeks of Russian ineptitude later, genius? They can't even handle the Ukrianian military like they thought.

Russia is embroiled in a bloody fiasco of their own making, and we are the ones making it bloody for them, it's the hyper-partisans like you that need to make it seem like that is somehow Biden's fault.
contrario
HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Pot, meet kettle. Your lack of self-awareness is amazing to watch. It would be comical if you were just a sock pretending to be hypocritical, but the sad part is you are a real person and you really don't realize how big of a hypocrite you are.
HuMcK
Amal Shuq-Up said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Javelins were initially approve in 2019. Can it be that both the Trump and Biden administrations did something to the Ukrainians defend themselves?

They have. I will point out though, those weapons were approved by congress, and withheld by Trump unilaterally while he asked for "a favor", and he only handed them over after he got wind that a whistleblower had exposed the plan. A thief who returns the money only after getting caught gets some credit...but it was still theft.
Canada2017
HuMcK said:

Canada2017 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RMF5630 said:

Canada2017 said:

RMF5630 said:

Cobretti said:

Lol, you were the one saying the Russians could beat us in a fight before the invasion kicked off. How you feeling about that boner of an idea 4 weeks of Russian ineptitude later, genius? They can't even handle the Ukrianian military like they thought.

Russia is embroiled in a bloody fiasco of their own making, and we are the ones making it bloody for them, it's the hyper-partisans like you that need to make it seem like that is somehow Biden's fault.
A. The check the map.....the Russians are clearly advancing .

B. Biggest problem the Russians are facing are the lousy winter conditions . Once 'mud season' is over, the skies clear and the roads dry out ........events are going to gather speed.

C. Your idiotic administration was publicly advocated Ukrainian admission into NATO within TWO WEEKS of Putin's invasion . After repeated Putin threats, after weeks of watching Putin move his troops to the Ukrainian border ......your dumb as grass VP STILL pushed for Ukrainian membership into NATO. Your damn right this is Biden's fiasco. Just the latest of many .

D. Link to this 'huge' amount of weapons the US has sent to Ukraine ? News flash stoner....it is other countries closer to the action sending much of the volunteers and weapons.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.