Ukraine invaded by Putin

68,314 Views | 1093 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by HuMcK
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017 said:

He gave me a long, hard look and said I was the first American he had ever met that knew the first thing about the atrocity .

A week later he brought me their family album loaded with pictures of the carnage .

Explained that although he was happy to be in Colorado.....he found our people to be incredibly naive and basically under educated.
He's exactly correct.

It cannot be coincidental or accidental that we spend a great deal of time teaching about the Nazis, and very little teaching about gulags, Lenin, Stalin, or Mao Zedong.
Redbrickbear
Canada2017 said:

ShooterTX said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Married A Horn said:

Who is winning this war? I was under the impression Russia would win in a week (a.k.a. Nazy vs Poland 1939). I wake this morning and read: No Russian objectives met; All Russian advances halted; Putin bit off more than he can chew; Ukraine retakes Kyiv airport; Russia has 3 to 4 times the casualties...

These were from many different sources from the right and left.

I also read that someone estimated Kyiv falls within 4 days.

Ukraine doesnt have a chance, do they?

I don't see how 200,000 people can hold back a determine and well armed 40M people (unless they're Afghanistan)
Because you are thinking like an American liberal encased in first world prosperity .

Russian occupied most of Eastern Europe for over 50 years utilizing their traditional subjugation tactics.

Executing tens of thousands of suspected opponents ....especially those in the educated / military / professional classes. Imprisoning thousands more without trial . Often people were basically kidnapped in the middle of the night by Russian security forces and not heard from for years....if ever.

This tactic was found to be even more effective than executions .

Americans have an incredibly hard time accepting that any regime can be so brutal .

We shouldn't be surprised.
The dems have made sex and LGBTQ the main focus of our education system, for decades. They did everything they could to stop the truth about communism and the Cold War, from being taught in American schools.

It is sad just how many people do not understand that brutality has been the norm in most of Asia & Africa, for thousands of years. Kids today think that everyone in the world is either just like America, or at least holds the same values & principles as Americans.
Exactly

Once had a client from Dresden, Germany . The Berlin Wall had been down for only a few months and he and his wife were thrilled to take a job with Woodward Governor in Fort Collins, Colorado .

I asked him if his family had any personal memories about the Dresden fire bombing at the very end of WW2.
He gave me a long, hard look and said I was the first American he had ever met that knew the first thing about the atrocity .

A week later he brought me their family album loaded with pictures of the carnage .

Explained that although he was happy to be in Colorado.....he found our people to be incredibly naive and basically under educated.
Dresden was a war crime.

And several high ranking members of the British bomber command should have hanged.

We justly hung Nazi commanders at Nuremburg for similar crimes.
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear said:

Canada2017 said:

ShooterTX said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Married A Horn said:

Who is winning this war? I was under the impression Russia would win in a week (a.k.a. Nazy vs Poland 1939). I wake this morning and read: No Russian objectives met; All Russian advances halted; Putin bit off more than he can chew; Ukraine retakes Kyiv airport; Russia has 3 to 4 times the casualties...

I don't see how 200,000 people can hold back a determine and well armed 40M people (unless they're Afghanistan)
Because you are thinking like an American liberal encased in first world prosperity .

Russian occupied most of Eastern Europe for over 50 years utilizing their traditional subjugation tactics.

Executing tens of thousands of suspected opponents ....especially those in the educated / military / professional classes. Imprisoning thousands more without trial . Often people were basically kidnapped in the middle of the night by Russian security forces and not heard from for years....if ever.

Americans have an incredibly hard time accepting that any regime can be so brutal .

The dems have made sex and LGBTQ the main focus of our education system, for decades. They did everything they could to stop the truth about communism and the Cold War, from being taught in American schools.

It is sad just how many people do not understand that brutality has been the norm in most of Asia & Africa, for thousands of years. Kids today think that everyone in the world is either just like America, or at least holds the same values & principles as Americans.
Exactly

Once had a client from Dresden, Germany . The Berlin Wall had been down for only a few months and he and his wife were thrilled to take a job with Woodward Governor in Fort Collins, Colorado .

I asked him if his family had any personal memories about the Dresden fire bombing at the very end of WW2.

Dresden was a war crime.

And several high ranking members of the British bomber command should have hanged.

and to be honest, our fire-bombing of Tokyo was pretty horrible. It is one thing to destroy massive parts of a city, in order to destroy military installations or manufacturing. It is another to intentionally create a firestorm which will mostly affect civilian structures.
ShooterTX
HuMcK
Robert Wilson
ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

Canada2017 said:

ShooterTX said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Married A Horn said:

Exactly

Dresden was a war crime.

and to be honest, our fire-bombing of Tokyo was pretty horrible. It is one thing to destroy massive parts of a city, in order to destroy military installations or manufacturing. It is another to intentionally create a firestorm which will mostly affect civilian structures.
How about dropping 2 nukes?

Those actions were the only thing that forced the emperor of Japan to surrender. They had the kamikaze mindset. Otherwise, we were looking at a land invasion that was going to cost many more lives.
ShooterTX
Robert Wilson said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

Canada2017 said:

ShooterTX said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Married A Horn said:

Exactly

Dresden was a war crime.

How about dropping 2 nukes?

Those actions were the only thing that forced the emperor of Japan to surrender. They had the kamikaze mindset. Otherwise, we were looking at a land invasion that was going to cost many more lives.
yeah... i do believe there was a stark difference between the Germans and the Japanese. The average German wasn't willing to fight to the death, but was more than happy for the war to end. The average Japanese was far more willing to commit suicide, rather than be "invaded" by a foreign power.
Some say it was because of very effective Japanese propaganda, combined with centuries of isolation and xenophobic beliefs by the Japanese society. Sadly, the nukes were necessary to bring a swift end to the war in the Pacific... which is why I wouldn't go so far as to label the nukes or the fire-bombing as "war crimes". Without those massive bombing attacks, it is unlikely that the war would have ended without a full scall invasion.
ShooterTX
Harrison Bergeron
Being totally honest ... part of me really had hoped overnight the USAF would have flown in there and just bombed the **** out of the Russians.
Redbrickbear
ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

Canada2017 said:

ShooterTX said:

Canada2017 said:

tommie said:

Married A Horn said:

Exactly

Dresden was a war crime.

True,

Intentionally targeting women and children in their homes with firebombs is pretty horrible.

Far far different from targeting troops or industrial factories.
Mitch Blood Green
RMF5630 said:

tommie said:

Married A Horn said:

They'll be two waves. Ukraine can't stop Russians from marching in and taking land.

Then phase two will begin. It'll be bloody. I don't see how 200,000 people can hold back a determine and we'll armed 40M people (unless they're Afghanistan)

Afghanastan never faced this. It was always a side show type war, neither us or the Soviets never went in and invaded to this level and for the long term.

Russia will bring in ethnic Russians to replace Ukrainians. This is the full monty, not just a limited action

Correct. My point is Taliban. They just let them take over. No fight.
EatMoreSalmon
Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

The West has totally ****ed Ukraine. Left them defenseless only to leave them defenseless.

Moral of this story: Keep your nukes. It's the only leverage any of these countries have when push comes to shove.
Ukraine could not afford to keep the nukes.

Its enormously expensive.

Even today France can't really even afford it...or at least they don't want to take away from domestic spending to do it.

Secretly rich Germany is paying for Frances nuclear arsenal to be kept up.
No, they agreed to give them up in return for being an autonomous country post break up of the USSR.
That was the agreement....but they also could not financially afford to keep them as well.

Few Nation-states can.
I'm pretty sure if Pakistan can keep nukes, Ukraine would have been able to.
timetraveler
EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

The West has totally ****ed Ukraine. Left them defenseless only to leave them defenseless.

Moral of this story: Keep your nukes. It's the only leverage any of these countries have when push comes to shove.

Even today France can't really even afford it...or at least they don't want to take away from domestic spending to do it.

No, they agreed to give them up in return for being an autonomous country post break up of the USSR.
That was the agreement....but they also could not financially afford to keep them as well.

Few Nation-states can.
Pakistan being able to use a nuke is a slightly different story. Ukraine didn't have the keys
Redbrickbear
EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.
I'm just telling you what i have read.

And Pakistan keeps its people in poverty because of its dick measuring against India.

No reason on earth Pakistan should have nukes.

Most Pakistani live on somewhere between $550-$700 a year...max $2,500

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/pakistan/annual-household-income-per-capita

Pakistan paying for Nukes is like the Congo paying for nukes...its insane.
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.

And Pakistan keeps its people in poverty because of its dick measuring against India.

https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/pakistan/annual-household-income-per-capita

Pakistan also harbors the most horrible terrorists on the planet, like they did with Obama... so insane is just par for the course.
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear
ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.

Pakistan also harbors the most horrible terrorists on the planet, like they did with Obama... so insane is just par for the course.
Pakistan really is scum.

They also convinced the USA to back Bin Laden (and ignore the Taliban) when the UK wanted us to back the far more moderate Ahmad Shah Massoud during the Soviet-Afghan war.

They then protected Bin Laden for years while he lived in hiding in Pakistan.
ShooterTX
Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.

Pakistan really is scum.

They also convinced the USA to back Bin Laden (and ignore the Taliban) when the UK wanted us to back the far more moderate Ahmad Shah Massoud during the Soviet-Afghan war.

Correct... my comment was supposed to say Osama, not Obama. It was a typo that the auto-correct didn't catch... but I guess it makes sense either way it was written.
ShooterTX
Jack Bauer
"Republicans pounce" - part 37

Redbrickbear
Jack Bauer said:

Those evil energy independence advocates.

Jacques Strap

Jacques Strap
Canon
Jacques Strap said:

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
Wrecks Quan Dough
Redbrickbear said:

Jack Bauer said:

Those evil energy independence advocates.

I guess they could also lock onto $4.00/gallon gasoline prices if they needed another reason.
Jack Bauer
Jacques Strap said:

Canada2017
Jacques Strap said:

What a sick joke .

Biden can barely speak .

J.R.
Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.

Pakistan really is scum.

Now that is just ill informed...."Pakistan really is scum". How would you know? Have you ever met of befriended Pakistanian folk? Fairly doubt it. That would be stretching you "whitey....Mercan" mindset. there is a difference between the people and the govt. Certainly they have nuts. We do too. I give Jan. 6 for nut jobs. One of my best friends is Pakistani and she is one of the most accomplished people I know.
J.R.
Jacques Strap said:

I'm not saying Ole Joe has handle this entirely correctly, but I do think he has done some really good things. He rallied NATO to a uniform stance which isn't easy. Trumps tried to tear NATO apart and would never been able to do this. He did pull the plug on the Nordstream 2, finally, and got Germany to agree. He was late on sanctions and should have been more harsh. He should NOT have ever take sending troops off the table.....Not good poker, there Joe. I do think it is a really good thing that we are inching our way back to global leadership. I will say that our Intelligence was spot on and it was smart and unprecedented to through it all out there before Russia acted. Really good job by our Intelligence folks. Lots of work to do, but it ain't all bad.
Canon
J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.

Pakistan really is scum.

Now that is just ill informed...."Pakistan really is scum". How would you know? Have you ever met of befriended Pakistanian folk? Fairly doubt it. That would be stretching you "whitey....Mercan" mindset. there is a difference between the people and the govt. Certainly they have nuts. We do too. I give Jan. 6 for nut jobs. One of my best friends is Pakistani and she is one of the most accomplished people I know.

STFU moron. Pakistani culture is pure unadulterated hate filled islamo fascist poison. You have no clue what you are talking about.
J.R.
Canon said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.

Pakistan really is scum.

STFU moron. Pakistani culture is pure unadulterated hate filled islamo fascist poison. You have no clue what you are talking about.
STFU moron? You a just brilliant. Get back in your cube! Again, now that Mikey is banned (you aren't far behind), have have show yourself to THE dumbest poster here. And that is a really low bar. Bring back Mikey....!
Canada2017
J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.

Pakistan really is scum.

One of my best friends is Pakistani
Ex girl friend as well....do I remember this correctly ?
J.R.
Canada2017 said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.

Pakistan really is scum.

One of my best friends is Pakistani
Ex girl friend as well....do I remember this correctly ?
correct.
Canon
J.R. said:

Canon said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

ShooterTX said:

Redbrickbear said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

Redbrickbear said:

J.R. said:

Redbrickbear said:

bear2be2 said:

boognish_bear said:

Few Nation-states can.

Pakistan really is scum.

STFU moron? You a just brilliant. Get back in your cube! Again, now that Mikey is banned (you aren't far behind), have have show yourself to THE dumbest poster here. And that is a really low bar. Bring back Mikey....!

Thanks for providing evidence in writing of how incredibly stupid you are. LOLOLOLOLOL
Jacques Strap

Harrison Bergeron
J.R. said:

Jacques Strap said:

I'm not saying Ole Joe has handle this entirely correctly, but I do think he has done some really good things. He rallied NATO to a uniform stance which isn't easy. Trumps tried to tear NATO apart and would never been able to do this. He did pull the plug on the Nordstream 2, finally, and got Germany to agree. He was late on sanctions and should have been more harsh. He should NOT have ever take sending troops off the table.....Not good poker, there Joe. I do think it is a really good thing that we are inching our way back to global leadership. I will say that our Intelligence was spot on and it was smart and unprecedented to through it all out there before Russia acted. Really good job by our Intelligence folks. Lots of work to do, but it ain't all bad.
I respect that this is an incredibly complex international situation, but Europe and Biden's incompetence got us here. Making the world dependent on Russian oil is funding this invasion. The only thing Biden handled was letting Russia take Ukraine without real consequences.
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap
Jacques Strap

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.